Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

(Unofficial) Pick Your Prosecutor (GS6)Topic%20Title

Continuing on tradition, and hoping that no authority is required to create such a thread, I thought it would be quite fun to try once again.

However, due to unofficial nature of this one here, I will not be able to award entrants. Keeping that in mind, let us proceed.

Just like last time, our goal is to guess the next game's main prosecutor and write a short description about the way you see this new main character in the series. Each trait guessed correctly gets you closer to victory, and even if you can't be rewarded, it still can be satisfactory, right? ;)

I'd prefer seeing only serious entries here. You know, no Oldbag or Brushel nonsense, or anything like that. :yogi: Recurring characters are fine to guess, but... Still, other than as a guest prosecutor, I don't think it's going to happen. Yet, that's only my opinion so there are no limitations on that matter.

Good luck ;) I might think of some entries, myself, later.

Last edited by Sligneris on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Pick Your Prosecutor (GS6)Topic%20Title

Wasn't this team's original idea to create a filthy rich prosecutor capable of bribing everyone? Maybe they'll expand upon that idea, provided they're the ones making the next game.

If that's not the case, then I think the next prosecutor will be a woman (most likely drop dead gorgeous or kawaii as hell), although I have absolutely no idea what kind of personality she'd have. It'd be refreshing to meet someone who wasn't a prodigy and who didn't have that much faith in his/her abilities, but grew more confident as the game progressed.

Or maybe we'll get an old guy, but I think the Judge is the only sane old man alive in the entire Ace Attorney universe who hasn't committed a crime.

Last edited by Thane on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thane wrote:
Wasn't this team's original idea to create a filthy rich prosecutor capable of bribing everyone? Maybe they'll expand upon that idea, provided they're the ones making the next game.

One of these, yeah. Reading GS5 edition you might find it amusing, how close some of these were ;)

You know, a Mario game!

Thane wrote:

If that's not the case, then I think the next prosecutor will be a woman (most likely drop dead gorgeous or kawaii as hell), although I have absolutely no idea what kind of personality she'd have. It'd be refreshing to meet someone who wasn't a prodigy and who didn't have that much faith in his/her abilities, but grew more confident as the game progressed.

Or maybe we'll get an old guy, but I think the Judge is the only old man alive in the entire Ace Attorney universe.

The only old man alive? What about Victor Kudo, Bruno Cadaverni, Aristotle Means, and Quercus Alba?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Neither of them are really confirmed to be alive by Dual Destinies, with Means probably getting executed.

...Everyone forgets Yuri Cosmos, by the way.

dimentiorules wrote:
Thane wrote:

Or maybe we'll get an old guy, but I think the Judge is the only old man alive in the entire Ace Attorney universe.

The only old man alive? What about Victor Kudo, Bruno Cadaverni, Aristotle Means, and Quercus Alba?

Oh, I thought I edited my post to 'hasn't committed a crime'/'is completely bonkers'

Also, I wasn't really serious.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
Or maybe we'll get an old guy, but I think the Judge is the only sane old man alive in the entire Ace Attorney universe who hasn't committed a crime.

You mean the Judge is the only immortal man in the entire Ace Attorney universe. Besides, I wouldn't quite call him so "sane".

I don't mind seeing a cracky ol' pot as a prosecutor, though. Imagine how he and Chief Edgeworth would get along. Wow, it'd be like seeing the male version of Oldbag! Let's call this guy Oldfart.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

...How could a male version of Oldbag be intimidating? I mean, isn't the very point of the series to have a challenging opponent, with the only exception being GS4, which had challenging law system?

Well, we can pretty much rule out the prosecutor being a recurring character, as none of the previous prosecutors have been. (The main ones, not the "guests".)

Though I'd agree it would probably be a female. It would be nice to see a character that goes against the whole "Legacy" thing like von Karma and Co. or not some push-over like Payne or Klavier. Honestly It'd be nice to have a prosecutor with no "gimmick" - Just a regular guy/lass.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Gee, that's boring!". But think of it like this, everyone else is abnormal as hell, a normal guy would be a stark contrast in the series.

Sligneris wrote:
...How could a male version of Oldbag be intimidating? I mean, isn't the very point of the series to have a challenging opponent, with the only exception being GS4, which had challenging law system?

What? That ol' lady is scary as hell. She's a freakin' demon when she's angry.

But, you have a point there. GS6 may not necessarily feature an especially tough opponent, but instead feature an unfamiliar law system, if things go right. In that case, they can afford to take the middleman route for a new character. Otherwise, they should outright avoid writing too boring of a character.

By the way, someone who was once military personnel would be kicking ass, literally.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

You know, a Mario game!

I have an idea for a prosecutor. A beautiful female prosecutor that uses seduction to distract the Defense and make the judge see things her way. I can imagine her being from Russia and occasionally sprinkling Russian into her dialogue, like how Klavier sprinkles German into his dialogue. I have a name for her: Sasha Love.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I have an idea for a prosecutor. A beautiful female prosecutor that uses seduction to distract the Defense and make the judge see things her way. I can imagine her being from Russia and occasionally sprinkling Russian into her dialogue, like how Klavier sprinkles German into his dialogue. I have a name for her: Sasha Love.

Well, there aren't many female characters in this franchise (or most video games for that matter) that are unpleasing to look at. If they are, then their role is usually fairly limited. It's probably safe to bet that this hypothetical female prosecutor will be both young and attractive.

However, wouldn't seduction get boring pretty quickly? It sort of sounds like Franziska's whip to me.

You know, a Mario game!

I guess it would, kinda, but she could also use her charms to get witnesses to speak more information, similar to Blackquill's intimidation tactics. I can also imagine her smoking a cigarette, and flicking it in the defense's face when she gets angry. She could be a very rich woman, wearing an expensive looking fur coat, and she could drink a glass of bourbon- I mean apple juice. She could also use bribery when her charms don't work, and she could have a huge estate that we get to visit, with servants waiting on her hand and foot. In fact, she could have one of her servants appearing in court to hand her evidence, similar to how Lang had Shih-Na handing him those scrolls. I imagine her being a combination of Dee Vasquez, Angel Starr, Hikari Mikagami, and Olga Orly.
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
In fact, she could have one of her servants appearing in court to hand her evidence.

First thought - one of her servants is the final villain who was able to manipulate her without her even noticing.
Spoiler: AAI-5
Let's forget for a moment it was already done.
Spoiler: DD-5
Twice
...Huh. I can hardly imagine character of this sort in Ace Attorney, for some reason. I mean, everything seems to be right, sure... And then, something feels off about it.

Personally, I'd find it hard to care about such a character. Flirting shamelessly and publically bribing people related to murder cases will not win her any sympathy points, and such behavior can't exactly be explained with a sad backstory.

...And whipping people, slicing sword in front of their faces as well as manipulating them can? xD

You know, a Mario game!

Sligneris wrote:
...And whipping people, slicing sword in front of their faces as well as manipulating them can? xD

Don't forget throwing coffee in their faces!
My Twitter Account

Sligneris wrote:
...Huh. I can hardly imagine character of this sort in Ace Attorney, for some reason. I mean, everything seems to be right, sure... And then, something feels off about it.

Probably because we don't need ESRB to give the next game a reason for another M rating, thanks to suggestive themes.

Thane wrote:
Personally, I'd find it hard to care about such a character. Flirting shamelessly and publically bribing people related to murder cases will not win her any sympathy points, and such behavior can't exactly be explained with a sad backstory.

Then she'll have a happy backstory. What a twist!

Sligneris wrote:

Yes.

Sligneris wrote:

We both know that physical violence in the courtroom is there for a comedic effect. Phoenix never got angry at anyone who actually hurt him, but he was furious when Franziska claimed she wasn't aware of the content of a police report, which was an obvious lie.

If a prosecutor is actively trying to cover up the truth somehow, everyone would be gunning for them, and not for the sake of humor.

Why do I get the feeling I'm taking this far too seriously?

Oh wait, I've got it: a prosecutor who flings paper airplanes at the defense. It's simple, clean, and easy to model; perfect for delivering documents and notes. :D

5-3 was a missed opportunity for that.
Re: psohgTopic%20Title

quojcfxe, a spambot wrote:
Gary the gadget guy.

We have a winner! :D

Gettin' Old!

Ernando the Mexican Wrestling Prosecutor. 6ft 9 Muscular 400lbs

Secretly fights crime on the side. Murdered in the finale by the mob as they figured out his identity. Then Maya channels his ghost to prosecute his killer and promptly dropkicks them in the face.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I thought I mentioned something about serious entries...
...Oh, wait, that is a serious entry?
I'm confused.

Somehow, I think I'd treat prisoner prosecutor, whale defendant and robot revolt the same way, so I guess everything's possible.

Gettin' Old!

Oh? Serious entries? Apologies for not reading the rules. I can always dream of 6ft 9 Maya dropkicking villainy I suppose.

I will guess that they'll fall back on a character that's largely substance and flair, like Godot and Klavier were, perhaps with a dance-motif.

Or worst case scenario, they fall back fully on Klavier since I'm hoping the next game will be heavily Apollo-centric and he's Apollo's rival.
Yeah that'll be my final, I reckon Klavier will return as the 'finale' prosecutor.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

...I was serious about the paper airplanes.

Paul Sohn

Another female prosecutor is required. Only 1 of 5 river prosecutor in franchise is female so far, and it's good time to have new female rival prosecutor. But she shouldn't be so coercive which would make her another Franzy.

And as I wrote in another thread, her(assuming rival prosecutor is female) background would be former defense attorney and employee of Gavin Law Office, so she know Kristoph and Apollo's behavior well. But she unemployed with Apollo's first trial so she have a grunge against him. After that she went to Germany(or America in Japanese version) and taught in a law school which Athena was attended.

She is corrupted prosecutor which even doesn't afraid to forge evidence(but defense can't prove WHICH one fabricated the evidence between culprit and her), unlike Blackquill which was just distorted and do nothing 'evil'. After all the legal world is in the dark age, but don't you think that's weird if rival prosecutor is all good-in-heart like Klavier and Blackquill?

But instead of being arrested as a final villain, making her repent/making her the victim of final case would be fit.
I'm Korean, I beg your apology for my horrible english grammer.

Last edited by plsontaesung on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

You know, a Mario game!

Hmm... that sounds like a pretty good idea! I like the idea of them being a former employee of the Gavin and Co. law offices, though I think someone else already came up with that idea.
My Twitter Account

Expert bluffer

I'll have to jump on the female prosecutor bandwagon. As for personalities...hmm...perhaps one of those eerily polite people? Or the kinda 'mysterious' people? Since most of the AA females are all loud and boisterous, and even often violent and such, a slightly more introverted type might be interesting.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Paul Sohn

DragonCactus wrote:
As for personalities...hmm...perhaps one of those eerily polite people? Or the kinda 'mysterious' people? Since most of the AA females are all loud and boisterous, and even often violent and such, a slightly more introverted type might be interesting.

You just got your nice idea +1 support.
However this kind of personality was already applied to Hakari Mikagami(alias Justine Courtney), the rival judge in GK2.

And, partially to Adrian's facade. And, Aura. And, Angel, in a way. And, Viola. And, Lana. And, Lamiroir. And, Shih-na And, uh, probably Franzy's sister?

...Wait, what was the point again?

Paul Sohn

Sligneris wrote:
And, partially to Adrian's facade. And, Aura. And, Angel, in a way. And, Viola. And, Lana. And, Lamiroir. And, Shih-na And, uh, probably Franzy's sister?

All of them except Lamiroir(and maybe Viola :viola: ) are too high handed. IIRC DragonCactus said 'eerily polite'.

Gettin' Old!

Sligneris wrote:

Aura was eerily polite?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I was under impression there was an "or"?...

You know, a Mario game!

I have another idea, though it's not quite as good. A really friendly prosecutor who refers to everyone by their first name. The characters might take a bit of offense to this, thinking something like "Why are you calling me by my first name, like we're buddies or something?". However, unlike Klavier, this friendliness is a facade, as they're truly a chessmaster, who is manipulating everyone without them realizing it. Like maybe he actually wants the defense to win, as he murdered someone and tried to frame a particular person, but a different one got arrested, so he's leading the defense to accuse the person that he originally wanted to frame in the first place. That would make it so that the defense was unknowingly being played the whole time.
My Twitter Account

Expert bluffer

Sligneris wrote:

Although I see your point (although you may not?) these characters aren't quite what I was thinking. Most are still too outgoing and active, I was thinking of a person more reserved--Shih-na was a bit too reserved at times, until the final case.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

元・超会社員級の管理人

For the record, we'll probably have an official PYP contest once we get official word of GS6. For now though, I'm adding a quick "Unofficial" to the thread title just so folks don't get confused. :trucy:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Paul Sohn

dimentiorules wrote:
I have another idea, though it's not quite as good. A really friendly prosecutor who refers to everyone by their first name. The characters might take a bit of offense to this, thinking something like "Why are you calling me by my first name, like we're buddies or something?". However, unlike Klavier, this friendliness is a facade, as they're truly a chessmaster, who is manipulating everyone without them realizing it. Like maybe he actually wants the defense to win, as he murdered someone and tried to frame a particular person, but a different one got arrested, so he's leading the defense to accuse the person that he originally wanted to frame in the first place. That would make it so that the defense was unknowingly being played the whole time.

Wow, that'll be such a nice antithesis of Klavier.

Sligneris wrote:
And, uh, probably Franzy's sister?

Wait, so she's a 400lb Mexican-German pro-wrestler prosecutor who speaks in an eerily polite and/or friendly way, but also is a self-claimed fighter for justice who likes to drop-kick murderers?

I am so freaking sold. GS6, why can't you come any sooner!?

Expert bluffer

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
And, uh, probably Franzy's sister?

Wait, so she's a 400lb Mexican-German pro-wrestler prosecutor who speaks in an eerily polite and/or friendly way, but also is a self-claimed fighter for justice who likes to drop-kick murderers?

I am so freaking sold. GS6, why can't you come any sooner!?

"Shut up and take my money!" I am interested in the new prosecutor very much...it would disappoint me a little if they would be male though.

Page 1 of 2 [ 76 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)