Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 10 of 12[ 446 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Re: The PW Sexuality ThreadTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
I never saw the "NaruMitsu" pair as possible, as Phoenix loved Dahlia (Iris), and called Julie Henson 'sexy' in the manga.

That comic was rather endearing, the one you put under spoiler-tag, that is! Seems plausible to me. :edgey:

This isn't really directed at you, but I'm a little surprised that people often seem to forget about bisexuality, that there are more aspects of sexuality than gay or straight. (...speaking, of course, as someone who has a game-crush on Franziska yet is also ridiculously attracted to, for instance, Godot. :godot:)

I'm too lazy to bring up some points, so I'll just refer you to the second half of this and this.
Also, I find it strange that everyone seems to forget about the group that's not interested in a romantic relationship or sex at all. Where's our representation if not for a not-interested-Edgeworth?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

[Whip the cream!]

sumguy28 wrote:
Also, I find it strange that everyone seems to forget about the group that's not interested in a romantic relationship or sex at all. Where's our representation if not for a not-interested-Edgeworth?

I wasn't saying I shipped those people, I have no idea what I think their relationship is, I don't think it seems implausible that they harbour feelings for one another, but I find it just as plausible that they are friends with no romantic intentions whatsoever. (I'm not debating any pairings, I don't ship, I just quietly wondered why one had to be "either or", gay or straight, and that happened to be about Phoenix - who I think would be straight, even though I don't rule out other possibilities. I tend to get tired at all this shipping-business, because, yes, not everyone is interested, but that might be my might-be-aromantic side speaking, that's not the point, what I did, though, was making a point, bisexuality exists, I wasn't trying to defend any pairings, there are other threads for that, and I just so happened to find the comic rather cute.)
What I meant was simply that the fact that Phoenix finds women attractive and falls in love with women doesn't rule out the fact that he could possibly harbour romantic/sexual feelings towards men... as well. Just as Armstrong could fancy women too, even though he flirts with men.
Now, I don't know if that was directed at me or just general, my guess is that it was the latter, but since you replied to me... :phoenix:

Well, I've seen many people having an asexual and/or aromantic Edgeworth as their personal headcanon. (I'm one of them. I don't say it's the only possibility, but I don't "ship" him with people even though I can see the appeal, and I don't think he seems interested in romantic relationships.)
Asexuality certainly exists and should be acknowledged as well, of course.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Spoiler: Large Comic

Pffhahahaha. Ah, another hint for me.

C-A

Well, sure... We just shouldn't forget that straight people still are the majority. Maybe with exception for the females. Why do I get that feeling that there is just so many bisexual girls?..

Regardless, I suppose I could finish my list with the characters that I know for sure that are straight, myself. Even though some of it can be argued with, it's just my reasoning behind it. I know, I know, I'm doing the same I commented about, just the opposite sexuality. xD

Nevermind. Limited myself to Edgeworth and Phoenix. I also view all the characters that canonically had marriages, relationships or crushes to be straight or bi.

Phoenix Wright - Straight. He dated Iris (as well as ate a necklace to protect her!), was a little bit distracted on his first trial, commented on April May's and Dee Vasquez's beauty, liked what he saw upon seeing Maya in waitress uniform... He also had his moments in Turnabout Reclaimed, leaving Apollo in the office to go with the ladies, as well as commenting about emotions he causes in women... There is no way that this man could have no interest in women. Some theorize that he can be bisexual, however let us recall his conversation with Grossberg, Max or Armstrong. Especially in the first one, he clearly said that this is not a thing he can claim to understand. He just doesn't.

Miles Edgeworth - Straight or Asexual. I actually view him as straight, but a very reserved person. It's unprofessional to blush at every female person he encounters during investigation. Maybe that would make him more of asexual heteroromantic, who knows.
Why Edgeworth can't have any interest in men? I posted this little thing on my tumblr.
It might not mean much, but he was not prone to leaving every time in any other suggestive situation. He just ignored it. However, he clearly doesn't feel well with that proposition.

Last edited by Sligneris on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Sligneris wrote:
I assume every single character to be straight until stated otherwise. I don't think I am a homophobe (?), but I am not sure how to feel about this gayfest that is somewhat happening here.

The only homosexual/bisexual characters as I see it?

Jean Armstrong, Aura Blackquill. That really is all.

Other people have said most of what there is to say before me, but you do realize that two non-straight characters, of all the characters we've met, is a "fest" of some sort if anything? And considering the amount of characters there are statitistically unlikely. And frankly, if there is a "gayfest" (What a beautiful word!) here, you don't have to "feel" anything about it. It's the intuitions/wishes/beliefs/prejudice of individuals we're talking about here.

Edit: And what you did there, was basically listing a bunch of people who's had interests in people of the other gender. Does that prove anything? No. There's still this concept called bisexual, amongst other sexualitites which means you're neither straight nor gay. And yes, I did see that there was some who's actions and/or lines indicated that they're not interested in people of the same sex, but you can't say you know they're straight "for a fact"- it's merely speculation, as everything else in this thread.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Last edited by Going for Miles on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...Uh, okay, I offended people, I know. I will finish the list and then stay out of LGBT-related topics, kay? ._. I looked deeper into thread and I think the "gayfest" related to this previous page most.

Edit: Meh. Screw the list.

I don't think the point here is whether or not people are offended, the main thing, at least for me, is that this is a case of "narrow-minded cultural assumption" which is much more destructive than the ladder/stepladder issue. :hobohodo: That itself, assuming everyone is straight, is not something I blame you personally for, it's something that dare I say most people need to reflect on and try to change.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I don't think the point here is whether or not people are offended, the main thing, at least for me, is that this is a case of "narrow-minded cultural assumption" which is much more destructive than the ladder/stepladder issue. :hobohodo: That itself, assuming everyone is straight, is not something I blame you personally for, it's something that dare I say most people need to reflect on and try to change.

This.
That was also my point. I didn't get offended, just... tired.

I did not really assume everyone is straight, but to me making half of the cast homosexual or bisexual felt somehow weird to me. Sorry for that, remember it's just my opinion, okay? ^^ Let's disregard for a moment that almost every character on my list, when it was still there was "Straight or Bi"

[Whip the cream!]

Sligneris wrote:
I did not really assume everyone is straight, but to me making half of the cast homosexual or bisexual felt somehow weird to me. Sorry for that, remember it's just my opinion, okay? ^^ Let's disregard for a moment that almost every character on my list, when it was still there was "Straight or Bi"

Ah, I get your point!

Yes, exactly, what you wrote: you think it's odd to "make" half the cast gay/bi/whatever, I think it's odd to make everyone straight. I think my lists are rather diverse (Original AA 1-4-list: Straight mentioned: 24 times, Asexual: 5 times, Gay: 9 times, Bisexual: 20 times) the DD-one continues quite a large quantity of LGBT (if that was part of the "gayfest" :phoenix: ), but it's of no matter at all right now, that's not the point.

Like you said, we agree to disagree and no hard feelings! :godot: You have your opinion, I have mine, now, cheers! :b33r:

WaitingForGodot wrote:
Also, Armstrong claimed that Tigre flirted with him during the trial where he pretended to be Wright. "I never forget a man who flirts with me", or something along that line. Now, Jean could talk bull, or perhaps Tigre flirted with him to make Phoenix seem even more unprofessional, but even so, he claimed that he flirted with him - yet most people seem to take for granted, in this thread, that Tigre is straight.

That's a very good point, and I think it gets right to the heart of what I'm trying to say. It's entirely possible that Armstrong is gay... but no one considers alternate possibilities (bisexual, trying to get a reaction, flirty personality, dedicated drag queen with a female persona, and on and on) because he fits the stereotypical idea of what a gay man "should" be. Tigre doesn't, and so people are a lot faster to make up other explanations - even though we know next to nothing about his personal life! He's a minor character!

Sligneris wrote:
Why Edgeworth can't have any interest in men? I posted this little thing on my tumblr.

I'm not setting out to change your opinion, but... what if he doesn't have any interest in that particular man? Not to mention, he strikes me as the kind of person that, if he were romantically interested in anyone, he wouldn't want that to complicate his work.

The only thought I have left on the general topic is this: the only way you can be certain that someone is gay, or straight, or bi, or ace, or whatever other sexualities are out there, is if they outright state how they identify, and there is no cause to doubt them. There are a lot more reasons to pretend to be straight than to pretend to be anything else. I choose to apply that to fictional characters as well. Sure, some I see as 100% straight. That said, having prior attraction to, or even relationships with, people of the opposite sex doesn't exclude someone from possibly having a different sexuality. It's a complicated world we live in.

Anyway, moving right along. My personal baseless headcanon is that Phoenix is romantically interested in women, but not sexually. That way he's... an ace attorney.... I'm sorry. :yogi:

Coyote wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

I'm not setting out to change your opinion, but... what if he doesn't have any interest in that particular man?

I can't blame Edgeworth. I wouldn't go for that guy, either.

C-A

Well, he did not exactly have any interest in these particular women, like April, Dahlia, or Cammy... Or even Rhoda or Lauren. However, he just did not react and ignored any suggestions.

And, after all Tateyuki is some sort of a looker, right? At least more so that any other males being subjected to the idea of homosexuality.

Also, I am not sure what are you getting at with the flirting part. It's quite obvious it's just Armstrong misinterpreting things or just outright lying. There is honestly no alternative to it. Not to mention that... Really? Tigre flirting with the guy he finds pathetic and who he just simply threatens to act as his accomplice? Plus, I'd rather... Not mention his character. I prefer not to talk about Armstrong. Or any minor AJ characters. Especially Brushel.

...Okay, I'm temporarily out of here. Aura and Metis prove to me that I have literally nothing against homosexual pairings, if they have any real evidence to base on. However, I'm not such a big fun of "gayifying" characters... I hope you understand ^^;

[Whip the cream!]

Coyote wrote:
That's a very good point, and I think it gets right to the heart of what I'm trying to say. It's entirely possible that Armstrong is gay... but no one considers alternate possibilities (bisexual, trying to get a reaction, flirty personality, dedicated drag queen with a female persona, and on and on) because he fits the stereotypical idea of what a gay man "should" be. Tigre doesn't, and so people are a lot faster to make up other explanations - even though we know next to nothing about his personal life! He's a minor character!

Anyway, moving right along. My personal baseless headcanon is that Phoenix is romantically interested in women, but not sexually. That way he's... an ace attorney.... I'm sorry. :yogi:

Exactly. I completely agree about what you say about Armstrong. He might be gay, or he's not, but people jump to conclusions because it's easy when it comes to stereotypes.

And... haha. I've made that joke myself a few times... to myself... in my head. "Phoenix Wright ace attorney", even though he isn't one in my headcanon, I rather see Miles as an ace prosecutor... :godot: So, well. I snickered a little.
Although, now I rather want Phoenix to be an ace attorney... Your baseless headcanon is about to get stuck in my head! And I'm not sure I have anything against it!

[Whip the cream!]

Sligneris wrote:
And, after all Tateyuki is some sort of a looker, right? At least more so that any other males being subjected to the idea of homosexuality.

Haha! That made me laugh, yes, he really is a looker.

(Not that it proves anything, although I always saw Edgeworth as an asexual, but yeah.)

The cape is self-fluttering

Coyote wrote:
The only thought I have left on the general topic is this: the only way you can be certain that someone is gay, or straight, or bi, or ace, or whatever other sexualities are out there, is if they outright state how they identify, and there is no cause to doubt them.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just means THEY ARE IN DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM RONWORTH 4 EVA!!!!!!!!!111[/rabid fangirl]

...or something.

Sligneris wrote:
Well, he did not exactly have any interest in these particular women, like April, Dahlia, or Cammy... Or even Rhoda or Lauren. However, he just did not react and ignored any suggestions.

Well, he did give in to one of Rhoda's pinky-swears, and even accepted one of her butt-ugly suitcases. Yes, it could have just been the gentleman in him. But I'd like to think that if Edgeworth did show any interest in someone, that he wouldn't be satisfied with just a simple hormonal reaction.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

[Whip the cream!]

Adrian in black wrote:
Coyote wrote:
The only thought I have left on the general topic is this: the only way you can be certain that someone is gay, or straight, or bi, or ace, or whatever other sexualities are out there, is if they outright state how they identify, and there is no cause to doubt them.

It just means THEY ARE IN DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM RONWORTH 4 EVA!!!!!!!!!111[/rabid fangirl]

...or something.

Haha...! Well, what if Ron is bisexual and polyromantic? :acro:

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
Coyote wrote:

...or something.

Haha...! Well, what if Ron is bisexual and polyromantic? :acro:

Easy. Either he'd have an unhealthy affection for Luke Atmey, or he'd lean into the discipline methods of Godot.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

[Whip the cream!]

Adrian in black wrote:
Easy. Either he'd have an unhealthy affection for Luke Atmey, or he'd lean into the discipline methods of Godot.

Do you want to make this kitten... purr... Mr. Godot? :ron:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I just thought of something. Out of all the assumed-to-be-single lawyers, the only ones who are confirmed to not live alone are Phoenix (has a daughter, so duh) and Edgeworth (has a pet doggy named Pess).

Why did I post this in this particular thread? I dunno, maybe I'm suggesting something.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Sligneris wrote:

He knows Shigaraki. He doesn't know these persons. Notice how he's becoming more and more outspoken about his non-affection towards Oldbag every time he sees her. :wendy:

Also, I think it's good that a majority of the characters can kind of be interpreted either way. :trucy:

This is not something I've chosen to believe, nor do I think it's hot or anything, but after a discussion I had this weekend I'm 100 percent sure that Ron and Dessie use to invite people to have threesomes with them, and they probably go to swinger parties as well. I just know it.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
This is not something I've chosen to believe, nor do I think it's hot or anything, but after a discussion I had this weekend I'm 100 percent sure that Ron and Dessie use to invite people to have threesomes with them, and they probably go to swinger parties as well. I just know it.

It's so headcanon I'll forever forget it's actually not canon.

Yeah, I mean once you think of it it's so obvious.

GoingforMiles wrote:

Sounds to me you've pretty much chosen to believe it. :hotti:

...NAILED IT

IT'S HAPPENING

:phoenix: Ate a possibly-poisoned necklace and demanded evidence/arguments in favor of his innocence be struck from the record just to protect his girlfriend. Motherfucker's straighter than an arrow.
:edgeworth: Asexual who can appreciate a beautiful woman.
:maya: Described as "swooning" over Max in 2-3, so probably straight
:godot: Straight
:youngmia: Bisexual who mostly prefers men
:lana: Lesbian.
:adrian: LESBIAN AS FUCK
:franny: Anti-foolsexual and totally lesbian
:eh?: Straight
:ron: Straight
:maggey: Straight
:tigre: Straight
:flowsers: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
:gant: Rapesexual *shot*
:dahlia: Doesn't really give a shit, but prefers to use her charms on men
:grossberg: GAY FOR REDD LULZ *shot again*
:karma: No person exists who is perfect enough for him.
:psycho-matt: Like Dahlia, doesn't really give a shit but prefers to present a public face as a manwhore.

Ace Explorer

Doom Paul wrote:

Which begs the question... Who's Franziska's mother?
They're too similar for her to be adopted, so unless you can prove she was...
There's a blatant contradiction in your statement!

On-topic, I have this strange headcanon that at least one of the Payne brothers is gay. I don't even know how I came to that conclusion...
Well? Are we going or what?

IT'S HAPPENING

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Doom Paul wrote:

:ack: CURSE YOU ALONSOSWIFT!! Now I have to rethink the whole post!

ONLY YOU WOULD DARE DEFY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :taser:

Quote:
On-topic, I have this strange headcanon that at least one of the Payne brothers is gay. I don't even know how I came to that conclusion...

Well Winston was swooning over Dahlia in 3-1 so it clearly can't be him... :ron:

Ace Explorer

Doom Paul wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:
Doom Paul wrote:

:ack: CURSE YOU ALONSOSWIFT!! Now I have to rethink the whole post!

ONLY YOU WOULD DARE DEFY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :taser:

Quote:

Well Winston was swooning over Dahlia in 3-1 so it clearly can't be him... :ron:

So... Gaspen, then? I mean, process of elimination...
Or maybe Dahlia just has that much power over men, that she can make even a gay man swoon.
Well? Are we going or what?

IT'S HAPPENING

Actually, all joking aside, Jean is probably straight.

You don't think the hot waitress uniforms are a coincidence, right? :hotti:

The law is full of contradictions.

The only people the games ever truly hint at homosexuality are Aura and Armstrong. Other than that...nope got nothing...
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Adrian in black wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Sounds to me you've pretty much chosen to believe it. :hotti:

Oh no, I've just accepted this headcanon. Not that I wouldn't have joined them if given the opportunity

Doom Paul wrote:

What are you talking about?

The only thing keeping him from wearing that uniform are those extra fifty pounds. :flowsers:

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
Doom Paul wrote:

What are you talking about?

The only thing keeping him from wearing that uniform are those extra fifty pounds. :flowsers:

Agreed and his would be a lovely shade of pink instead of orange. Besides he calls himself a woman and flirts with Phoenix and a few others.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Doom Paul wrote:
:phoenix: Ate a possibly-poisoned necklace and demanded evidence/arguments in favor of his innocence be struck from the record just to protect his girlfriend. Motherfucker's straighter than an arrow.
:psycho-matt: Like Dahlia, doesn't really give a shit but prefers to present a public face as a manwhore.

In total agreement let me add a a few.

:udgey: Has a family and desires women to sew hand-baskets blindfolded underwater. I'm guessing strait with a fetish.
:pearl: Too adorbs to have anything to do with this conversation. (Most likely strait considering how she ships people.)
:sahwit: Toupeesexual
:yogi: He had a fiance so...yeah he's strait
:redd: Bi has threesomes with Grossburg and April
:grey: Necrophiliac
:hotti: Umm creepily strait...
:acro: :jake: :meekins: There's a YMCA joke somewhere in here but we're missing the construction worker...(PS their all very strait but the joke was too tempting.
:kudo: Strait
:trucy: Unknown but probably strait.
:bellboy: Strait
:klavier: He loves his Frauleins
:payne: Is a Masochist
:larry: He's strait, just pathetically so
:gregory: Had Edgeworth, what do you think?
:wellington: Probably gay with Stickler. (I'm kidding.)
:apollo: Strait
:kristoph: Sadist
:will: Strait, has a crush on Adrian.
:basil: Has a healthy relationship with her computer.
:viola: Strait, but into funky shit.
:shoe: Furry

Keep in mind I'm joking allot here.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Doom Paul wrote:

In total agreement let me add a a few.

:udgey: Has a family and desires women to sew hand-baskets blindfolded underwater. I'm guessing strait with a fetish.
:pearl: Too adorbs to have anything to do with this conversation. (Most likely strait considering how she ships people.)
:sahwit: Toupeesexual
:yogi: He had a fiance so...yeah he's strait
:redd: Bi has threesomes with Grossburg and April
:grey: Necrophiliac
:hotti: Umm creepily strait...
:acro: :jake: :meekins: There's a YMCA joke somewhere in here but we're missing the construction worker...(PS their all very strait but the joke was too tempting.
:kudo: Strait
:trucy: Unknown but probably strait.
:bellboy: Strait
:klavier: He loves his Frauleins
:payne: Is a Masochist
:larry: He's strait, just pathetically so
:gregory: Had Edgeworth, what do you think?
:wellington: Probably gay with Stickler. (I'm kidding.)
:apollo: Strait
:kristoph: Sadist
:will: Strait, has a crush on Adrian.
:basil: Has a healthy relationship with her computer.
:viola: Strait, but into funky shit.
:shoe: Furry

Keep in mind I'm joking allot here.

:egg: The Thrill of the Scoop

Y'know

GoingforMiles wrote:

How... did you come to this conclusion?

Are you sure you want an answer to that question? :damon:

Just think of it for a while. And a little more. ...now, isn't it obvious? :godot:

Y'know

I don't see it. How is it obvious?

Because. Just because. Ok, I give up. :sadshoe:
Page 10 of 12 [ 446 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby