Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 12 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Ha, ha, ha.... I lost over 20 hours. :larry:

Aww... that really sucks. I never got any problem, so I admit I was being veeeeery careful all the time. I still am, though I can just back-up saves now (thanks, eShop version!).

By the way, if you're playing VLR now, you should totally head over the other thread! :shoe:

I've been replaying the game lately, and I got the Alice ending yesterday. Wonderful stuff!
ImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

L~A wrote:
Aww... that really sucks. I never got any problem, so I admit I was being veeeeery careful all the time. I still am, though I can just back-up saves now (thanks, eShop version!).

By the way, if you're playing VLR now, you should totally head over the other thread! :shoe:

I've been replaying the game lately, and I got the Alice ending yesterday. Wonderful stuff!

But the other thread is full of spoilers and other nasties.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Huh, no? All the spoilers are properly marked and everything. I never stumbled upon unmarked spoilers there, we're sensible folks you know. :adrian:
ImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

This may seem a bit tenuous and weird, but yesterday I think I had a 999 moment of my own (kinda)
I managed to do part of the journey to drama class (in London) on the train by myself even though I thought I didnt know the way, and my friend wasnt going with me (this was unexpected) and this made me very worried, but I still did it.
Spoiler:
Maybe it was because I thought I was in danger and I couldnt do it, but I still managed it, just like in the Nonary Game where people are in 'danger' which 'helps' them recall and process information somehow..?

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Gettin' Old!

grim_tales wrote:
This may seem a bit tenuous and weird, but yesterday I think I had a 999 moment of my own (kinda)
I managed to do part of the journey to drama class (in London) on the train by myself even though I thought I didnt know the way, and my friend wasnt going with me (this was unexpected) and this made me very worried, but I still did it.
Spoiler:
Maybe it was because I thought I was in danger and I couldnt do it, but I still managed it, just like in the Nonary Game where people are in 'danger' which 'helps' them recall and process information somehow..?

Spoiler: 999 kinda
If you wanna go that way lets just stick a Morphtronic Resonance Field between you and your friend and your friend was worried about whether you'd fine the way on your own and in doing so transmitted you directions.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Let it go and move it move it

Spoiler:
I have actually tried sending a message to someone before. Needless to say, it didn't work. :/

Within Temptation

I object to your flaw logic!

Lucy wrote:
Spoiler:
I have actually tried sending a message to someone before. Needless to say, it didn't work. :/

You're not believing in the power of Christmas!

Cypress wrote:
Lucy wrote:
Spoiler:

Who do you think you are, Santa Claus? Well, you aren't. Actually... I'm Santa.

I object to your flaw logic!

InfamousStepladder wrote:
Cypress wrote:
Lucy wrote:
Spoiler:

Who do you think you are, Santa Claus? Well, you aren't. Actually... I'm Santa.

I object! You're not Santa at all!

OBJECTION!

Hmmm.
Spoiler:
That just got me thinking about themes in the series - one character being called Santa, Santa being associated with Christmas... etc, could this also be in ZE3? Which reminds me it has been a while since we heard any info on ZE3

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

grim_tales wrote:
Hmmm.
Spoiler:
That just got me thinking about themes in the series - one character being called Santa, Santa being associated with Christmas... etc, could this also be in ZE3? Which reminds me it has been a while since we heard any info on ZE3

Spoiler:
Hmm, and in VLR we have the rabbit, whose name escapes me... Maybe in ZE3 we'll have the tooth fairy. xD

Within Temptation

Don't call me Shirley

Aha, I knew there had to be an active 999 fan lair in court records :karma:

I am new here, so greetings to all ! And a special one to the person that introduced 999 to me on gamefaqs' gyakuten kenji 2 board, around two years ago, I think he used to hang around here :acro:

Gettin' Old!

Shtak wrote:
Aha, I knew there had to be an active 999 fan lair in court records :karma:

I am new here, so greetings to all ! And a special one to the person that introduced 999 to me on gamefaqs' gyakuten kenji 2 board, around two years ago, I think he used to hang around here :acro:

Well welcome to CR! Glad you are enjoying at least two excellent games XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

999 is one of those amazing games that needs to be played by anyone who gives a shit. The story is just too emotional and filled with suspense/tension and (of course) PLAWT-TWIZTS.

Aside from that, is it worth it to get VLR? (Wrong thread)
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Fate Testarossa

Yes. Yes. YES.

You really need to get VLR. It's a great game as well. It doesn't do some things as well... But overall, it's a better game.

Fate is made by クロス

Don't call me Shirley

Quote:
999 is one of those amazing games that needs to be played by anyone who gives a shit. The story is just too emotional and filled with suspense/tension and (of course) PLAWT-TWIZTS.

Yeah, it's one of these games I just recommend to basically everyone, regardless of their tastes, since I've yet to come across someone who comes out of it with disapointment ! The damn thing is just so well paced and riveting. Higurashi no naku koro ni is kinda similar, once the story picks up, people I recommend it to never fail to become huge fans.

Quote:
Glad you are enjoying at least two excellent games XD

And Umineko, so make that three :shoe: come to think of it, make that f-

Oh, never mind.

Fate Testarossa

ANOTHER PERSON WHO'S READ UMINEKO?

FINALLY.

Fate is made by クロス

Don't call me Shirley

kwando1313 wrote:
ANOTHER PERSON WHO'S READ UMINEKO?

FINALLY.

Aha, it's weird how using message boards too often can give you the wrong impression : every site I regularly visit always has at least one 2000 pages Umineko thread, and much of the game's music have tons of views on YT, so I ended up almost thinking that it was a huge hit. To the point that during a chat with some real life friends that debated about storytelling in GTA and assassin's creed, I ended up casually mentionning Umineko. Just imagine the looks I got :eh?:

Fate Testarossa

Well, another Umineko reader on CR, at least. AAO has quite a few Umi readers as well. xP

I... Don't know anyone else on this site that's read Umineko. ._.

Fate is made by クロス

Don't call me Shirley

Really ? I was under the impression that most Ace Attorney players had at least heard about other big names VN like Umineko, Higurashi and Zero escape.

...we should start debating about whether Umineko's ending is sheer genius or utter humbug, maybe people will hear the noise and start coming :shoe:

Fate Testarossa

Well... The only person here that I know /for sure/ has read Umineko is DWaM. But... He posts (like me) a lot more on AAO nowadays so...

Fate is made by クロス

kwando1313 wrote:
Well... The only person here that I know /for sure/ has read Umineko is DWaM. But... He posts (like me) a lot more on AAO nowadays so...

I've read some of it. I need to finish it.
Within Temptation

I want something to be cleared. (I couldn't find a 999 spoiler discussion so...)

Spoiler: Whole game spoilers
How did Akane exist if she was dead 9 years ago? Did they even mention how it happened? Or is it just a lie?!

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Blah!

BonnyMono wrote:
I want something to be cleared. (I couldn't find a 999 spoiler discussion so...)

How did Akane exist if she was dead 9 years ago? Did they even mention how it happened? Or is it just a lie?!

Spoiler: Response
Think of it like this: she could have died 9 years ago, but there's also a possibility that she survived thanks to Junpei in the future. Until Junpei guaranteed that she survived, she sort of existed in an in between state (Schrodinger's Cat, if you will), and from there she was able to set up the events in the game. Remember how she got sudden fevers? That tended to happen when the chances of Junpei rescuing her lessened. People have also interpreted her fevers as her burning in the incinerator the past. But once Junpei saved her in the true end, she definitely didn't die in the past.

There was a lie though: Seven didn't actually see Akane burned to ashes. If you remember, at the end of the game Seven gave a look that suggested he was in on Akane's plot to save herself.

Gettin' Old!

BonnyMono wrote:

Nope not really a concrete explanation on this matter. Way I see it, back in Akane's game time sort of stopped while she saw a 'prophecy' of the future game. Which gave her the answers to survive. Then since she'd seen that she herself was vital to creating the future where she received the answers she went on to set up the second game. She gained the finances to do it all by having her brother play the stock market and ensuring it would be good with her 'future sight'. Any time she gets her weird fever and stomach cramps it's because time is re-writing to erase her from history as you deviate further from the intended timeline.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Don't call me Shirley

BonnyMono wrote:

My take on it :

Spoiler:
Snake and/or Seven (don't remember) lied about her dying in the past. I guess Uchikoshi's wrote it that way purely for dramatic effect. Not the best idea, as it raises the question of why would Seven and Snake lie (not that it's the only time in the game they do). The most logical answer would be that Akane survived, but perfectly knew that she only got the answer in time because future Junpei gave it to her : so while she was alive, if at the exact time in the future where the answers would be communicated, Junpei would fail to show up, Akane would retroactively be killed in the incinerator

Pierre wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

She gained the finances to do it all by having her brother play the stock market and ensuring it would be good with her 'future sight'.

To be even more accurate (and in quite an ironic way) :

Spoiler:
She got the money by buying Cradle Pharmaceutical stocks

Gettin' Old!

Hey how about this:

Spoiler: Big Spoilers relating to the above
Regarding Seven (since I don't think Snake got a look in the incinerator) perhaps since Akane is a state of 'flux' their memories about the issue weren't clear either. Therefore they couldn't give an accurate answer from memory and had assumed the worst (since weird space-time-travel plots probably wouldn't come to mind). They would probably go with the simplest solution, that Akane had died in the incinerator when really they had no idea what had happened and just assumed so. Then when space-time clears itself up their memory does as well. Them not remembering would be the neutral state, they choose to believe she died as it would make most sense. If Junpei fails to get the true ending their memories shuffle so they remember her death clearer and vice versa should Junpei get the true ending.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Don't call me Shirley

Pierre wrote:
Hey how about this:

Regarding Seven (since I don't think Snake got a look in the incinerator) perhaps since Akane is a state of 'flux' their memories about the issue weren't clear either. Therefore they couldn't give an accurate answer from memory and had assumed the worst (since weird space-time-travel plots probably wouldn't come to mind). They would probably go with the simplest solution, that Akane had died in the incinerator when really they had no idea what had happened and just assumed so. Then when space-time clears itself up their memory does as well. Them not remembering would be the neutral state, they choose to believe she died as it would make most sense. If Junpei fails to get the true ending their memories shuffle so they remember her death clearer and vice versa should Junpei get the true ending.

That's pretty much what I thought at first. However :

Spoiler:
From what I recall, Seven was pretty categorical about it, plus he as well as Snake spent the whole game pretending they didn't know who June and Santa were, which further hints at them hiding something. Maybe Uchikoshi has already cleared this point on aksys' official site, I should take a look again

Gettin' Old!

Shtak wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey how about this:

Spoiler:
From what I recall, Seven was pretty categorical about it, plus he as well as Snake spent the whole game pretending they didn't know who June and Santa were, which further hints at them hiding something. Maybe Uchikoshi has already cleared this point on aksys' official site, I should take a look again

Spoiler:
They'd aged, perhaps they didn't recognise them simply...well Snake was full on blind as well.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Don't call me Shirley

Pierre wrote:
Shtak wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey how about this:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They'd aged, perhaps they didn't recognise them simply...well Snake was full on blind as well.

Yeah that would have been the safest way for Uchikoshi to avoid this plothole. But since

Spoiler:
...if memory serves, there wasn't any scene where Snake, Seven or Clover appeared shocked over learning their identity, I assume that wasn't his intention

Pierre wrote:
Hey how about this:

Spoiler: Whole game
Hm... What if when 999 took place, Akane WAS supposed to be alive? I mean, in every bad ending, we see something happening to Akane (Death, disappearance, etc.)
So, that means she was already saved when 999 took place. (The fever could explain her burning in the incinerator.)
Junpei was supposed to save her after 9 hours or else... *poof* She disappears for good.
That's my logic anyway, I can't find a better one really. (Also, if you're gonna respond, keep in mind that I still have to finish the second game. No spoilers, please.)

Gettin' Old!

BonnyMono wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hey how about this:

Spoiler: Whole game
Hm... What if when 999 took place, Akane WAS supposed to be alive? I mean, in every bad ending, we see something happening to Akane (Death, disappearance, etc.)
So, that means she was already saved when 999 took place. (The fever could explain her burning in the incinerator.)
Junpei was supposed to save her after 9 hours or else... *poof* She disappears for good.
That's my logic anyway, I can't find a better one really. (Also, if you're gonna respond, keep in mind that I still have to finish the second game. No spoilers, please.)

Well...yeah that's already established. In the Spoiler FAQ about the game the author confirms that when she feels the fever and the pain it means you are deviating from the timeline where she would survive and when she disappears it means time has finally caught up to her.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

An iOS port of 999 is heading to the US in a week.
Should I get it on DS or iOS?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Deadpool 9 wrote:

DS by a mile! It makes fantastic use of the second screen, the experience wouldn't be the same without.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Blah!

Pierre wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:

DS by a mile! It makes fantastic use of the second screen, the experience wouldn't be the same without.

Not only that, but the iOS version does away with the puzzles. The dual screen experience is more important though.

Fate Testarossa

Yeah, DS for sure.

Fate is made by クロス

The King of All

Thanks for the advice! :phoenix:

Also, is it bad if I start with Virtue's Last Reward?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Fate Testarossa

You should start with 999. VLR spoils elements from 999.

Fate is made by クロス

My two cents:

999 on DS: Play it if you enjoy the puzzles and don't mind the lower resolution artwork. Many have criticized the puzzles in 999 for not being very good, so if you're one of those people you'll enjoy this version less.

999 on iOS: Play it if you want the game cheap, want higher resolution artwork, and only care about the story.

I read tons of visual novels, so both versions appeal to me. I've already beaten the DS version, but will be getting the iOS version day one. I have VLR, but have barely touched it. Need to brush up again on the story of 999, so I will be replaying it on iOS.
Page 12 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station