Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 33 posts ]

YuGiOh!Topic%20Title

Searched around, no topic for this anime/manga.

I have to say, I quite like it. I started with the anime, which I unfortunately eventually revealed to be a German translation of the crap-fest of the 4Kids stuff. It was still interesting. Then I got the manga and liked it all the more, it was fun to read the first chapters and how things set up before the part where the anime started.

The other Yuugi was quite a dick in the first few chapters. Constantly giving people the Penalty and doing stuff like causing them to get mosaikfilters on their sight, burning them, having their souls trapped in a jar and, not to mention, giving Kaiba the Mind Crush he so sorely needed.

By the way, here is my take on the "Season 0", the anime version of the first few YGO volumes... they're not as great. They really aren't. It's made too obvious that the penalties these people get are faked, like the guy burning was just a fake. Also, why the hell Miho was made more important... hell if I know. Especially since she was made a bitch.

My take on the characters... I like them. Except Anzu. And it's not just because she's the only girl in the group, meaning she is practically forced to fall for the other Yuugi and all that. That is a reason to hate her, but then, given her role, she was kind of dead on arrival.
No, what I hated about her are two chapters I recently re-read. The first is the Volume 5 chapter, with the Lovely II tamagotchi thing. It was just an obvious "for the girls" chapter what with romance and all that crap. It's a low point in that volume... the other is in the 6th Volume, where she and Yuugi are at an amusement park. And she purposefully got herself into life-threatening danger, just so the other Yuugi would show up. God, you stupid...! You deserve to die!

On the Anime side, though, I absolutely love Rebecca. Too bad she's not in the manga, it'd be neat! Also, I didn't mind the fourth Season, the Orichalcos one too much. I mean. Come on. The other Yuugi, continuously slashing at Haga, although his Life Points were already at 0? That's just hot!

Downside to the subbed Japanese episodes... the translation is weird. Then again, it was first translated from Japanese to Chinese and from there to English. All done by machine and it shows... some of the subs are so weird, you have to re-read them multiple times to figure out what they mean.

The localized version of the Anime? Eh... I kinda started hating it once I found this homepage listing the changes.

C-A
Re: YuGiOh!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Played the game: Instantly concluded an anime around a card game was dumb and didn't watch it.

Ah how I miss my Yugioh Days, but the power creep in the game got way too intense. They would release one set with a broken mechanic and rather than fix it or errata it to be balanced, they'd just release another equally broken set to combat it. It was like an arms race and now you practically NEED a modern deck to compete, which is a shame as my Gladiator Beasts used to rock 'n roll.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I found the games, at least two of the GBA ones I've played, to be quite entertaining. The Dungeon Dice Monsters one was okay, but I never won that.

But then, I stopped playing the DM game myself. Mostly because, while I had some nice cards, I had nobody to play with once I graduated from High School and lost contact with the few friends I had that did play the game. Plus, I am too absent-minded and I forget pretty fast what spell or trap card I just played.

Actual holographic stuff like Kaiba's original first design in the first season was pretty neat.
It was a pretty good idea, very helpful for forgettful people like me.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I found the games, at least two of the GBA ones I've played, to be quite entertaining. The Dungeon Dice Monsters one was okay, but I never won that.

But then, I stopped playing the DM game myself. Mostly because, while I had some nice cards, I had nobody to play with once I graduated from High School and lost contact with the few friends I had that did play the game. Plus, I am too absent-minded and I forget pretty fast what spell or trap card I just played.

Actual holographic stuff like Kaiba's original first design in the first season was pretty neat.

C-A

I actually got to play the physical version of Dungeon Dice Monsters! It's quite the collectors item. Though yeah the GBA games were great, the DS ones are pretty good too.

Especially when I compare them to Magic the Gathering's game which limit what you can do so much compared to how YGO games actually let you build decks.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I actually got to play the physical version of Dungeon Dice Monsters! It's quite the collectors item. Though yeah the GBA games were great, the DS ones are pretty good too.

Especially when I compare them to Magic the Gathering's game which limit what you can do so much compared to how YGO games actually let you build decks.

As odd as this sounds, I really enjoyed the PSP Tag Duel games, even if the AI was absolute garbage, I still had fun with them. I also really enjoyed The Duelists of the Roses.

The Real Human Being

I spent my 4 years of highschool being the undeniable yu gi oh champ.
I had a warrior deck of my own design, it focused on always having the strongest monster on the field.

It was made possible by 2 little fiends I had thrown into the deck.

Spear Cretin

whenever he's flipped face up and sent to the graveyard, both players are allowed to bring back one monster from their grave.
Soooo.... I just kept bringing spear back.
Also, his effect activates when he's sent to the grave after being flipped face up, NOT only if he's destroyed.
Ergo, I can flip him face up, sacrifice him, and then get him right back in def mode.

It was a glorious deck

I now remember what I disliked about the GBA games Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction... your beginning Deck is shit and your duelist level rises slowly and you can't put better cards into your deck for so long, I almost feel forced to cheat...

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I never got too much into the series, but my brother was huge on it. I did watch some of it all the way up to the Marik saga. I did have fun playing the card games with my little brother though. We used to make fun of how Marik's voice was over the top and how he had an obsession with the Shadow Realm and how Kaiba would talk a bit slow at times and drag out his words. Fun times.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gardevoir lover

I haven't really played Yugioh in a while but i use 3 Xys monsters in my deck.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
I spent my 4 years of highschool being the undeniable yu gi oh champ.
I had a warrior deck of my own design, it focused on always having the strongest monster on the field.

It was made possible by 2 little fiends I had thrown into the deck.

Spear Cretin

whenever he's flipped face up and sent to the graveyard, both players are allowed to bring back one monster from their grave.
Soooo.... I just kept bringing spear back.
Also, his effect activates when he's sent to the grave after being flipped face up, NOT only if he's destroyed.
Ergo, I can flip him face up, sacrifice him, and then get him right back in def mode.

It was a glorious deck

Sounds pretty nice, though I'd go for the tried and tested double Command Knight strategy.

My recent deck is a function gambling deck.

I run Sasuke samurai 4 who has "Toss a coin when this card battles, if you call it, destroy the opposing monster" and second coin toss, and fairy box and oh so many fun other things. Course it was pretty terrible one on one but it was hilarious. One time that Sasuke Samurai held off a 5 god dragon THREE times each time it came back.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

YuGiOh <3

I was into it through GX. 5DS (and Synchro Summons) just... turned me off.

Played some in elementary/middle school IRL, but after that I jumped to YVD. (And, like I said, stopped around when 5DS/synchros came out.)

I... I really didn't like synchros. What I really liked in YuGiOh was flavor. Making a themed deck, that was mostly/entirely consistent. And Synchros totally destroyed that. I have a totally awesome Warrior deck, yay! But... then there's absolutely no reason NOT to put in Stardust Dragon, since it just goes in your extra deck without taking up any space in your regular deck (the worst that happens is you don't use it), and that just... destroys the theme T_T

My favorite deck type was a stall deck. Just... burned through the opponent's deck while frustrating them by stalling them all the time. So much fun <3 My most epic game was against a guy I knew, where I stalled him a ton, then he ended up crushing my defenses, launched an all-out assault on my life points... and then ran out of cards when I had 100 LP left.

My second favorite deck was the Fuzzy Bunny of Doom. (aka Inaba White Rabbit deck.) Inaba White Rabbit is a spirit monster (so it returns to your hand at the end of your turn) that attacks your opponent's LP directly. What you do is you get a really strong defensive monster on the field, wait for your opponent to have a monster, and then use Kaiser Colosseum. KC prevents your opponent from summoning a monster if they would then have more monsters than you, and so they can't summon anything, since they can't destroy your monster with the one they have out. Because Inaba White Rabbit is a spirit monster, most monster-destroying cards your opponent has will be useless. Once your opponent is locked up, you just slowly chip away at their life points... :3

I liked the video games. Let you build and play against all sorts of decks. It was too bad they stopped making them for a while, but... I think they recently came out with a 3DS one :D Dunno if I'll get it, tho, since it has no online, and I can't get it in the eshop.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
YuGiOh <3

Played some in elementary/middle school IRL, but after that I jumped to YVD. (And, like I said, stopped around when 5DS/synchros came out.)

I... I really didn't like synchros. What I really liked in YuGiOh was flavor. Making a themed deck, that was mostly/entirely consistent. And Synchros totally destroyed that. I have a totally awesome Warrior deck, yay! But... then there's absolutely no reason NOT to put in Stardust Dragon, since it just goes in your extra deck without taking up any space in your regular deck (the worst that happens is you don't use it), and that just... destroys the theme T_T

My favorite deck type was a stall deck. Just... burned through the opponent's deck while frustrating them by stalling them all the time. So much fun <3 My most epic game was against a guy I knew, where I stalled him a ton, then he ended up crushing my defenses, launched an all-out assault on my life points... and then ran out of cards when I had 100 LP left.

My second favorite deck was the Fuzzy Bunny of Doom. (aka Inaba White Rabbit deck.) Inaba White Rabbit is a spirit monster (so it returns to your hand at the end of your turn) that attacks your opponent's LP directly. What you do is you get a really strong defensive monster on the field, wait for your opponent to have a monster, and then use Kaiser Colosseum. KC prevents your opponent from summoning a monster if they would then have more monsters than you, and so they can't summon anything, since they can't destroy your monster with the one they have out. Because Inaba White Rabbit is a spirit monster, most monster-destroying cards your opponent has will be useless. Once your opponent is locked up, you just slowly chip away at their life points... :3

I liked the video games. Let you build and play against all sorts of decks. It was too bad they stopped making them for a while, but... I think they recently came out with a 3DS one :D Dunno if I'll get it, tho, since it has no online, and I can't get it in the eshop.

I'm with you in that I completely stopped with 5Ds. I could make a whole new topic just for how much I really hate 5Ds and Xexal or however you spell it.

To me Yu Gi Oh really started going downhill with 5Ds. GX was fun and really all it did was add new cards and some updated rules, which I thought was a nice change. It added even more variety and it allowed some interesting decks to be built, although I myself prefer an Elemental Heroes deck, it still didn't require learning a completely new strategy and new game concept, and when 5Ds was over, they DID IT AGAIN with the XYZ Monsters.

Really, I found the beginning of GX quite fun. Judai looked neat, still with a difficult to replicate hairstyle in terms of drawing for me and his voice actor was neat. The Japanese one, by the way. Overall, the new characters seemed fun, Asuka was actually portrayed as a decent female character, remember our main female character in the YGO Duel Monsters part was Anzu who was... I already talked about her in the first post.

But I kinda got bored some time around I think when this Kaiser guy showed up? Something like that, I think the main episode in my mind is the one where the Black Magician Girl became real during this school festival or whatever. I mean... given what I've read, I think even the show told Judai why he's such a boring hero: because he always won, he never showed any real weakness when fighting an opponent, it's boring to see someone win all the time.

Granted, Yuugi and the other Yuugi win a lot. But remember the duel against Kaiba, where he was going to take a step back for every 100 Life Points he lost and was standing at the edge of that towery section at Pegasus' castle? Yuugi lost, well forfeited. He lost, he had his weakness and even showed how he was scared of his other self... again.

Quite frankly, Yuugi was incredibly weak in the beginning of the series and his friendship with the guys and the other Yuugi is what made him stronger. That actually made him interesting, it was fun to see him change a bit and become more self-confident over time.

But... man, Judai then went emo and put on this... actually ridiculously looking armor...!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

shippersdreamer wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
YuGiOh <3

I'm with you in that I completely stopped with 5Ds. I could make a whole new topic just for how much I really hate 5Ds and Xexal or however you spell it.

To me Yu Gi Oh really started going downhill with 5Ds. GX was fun and really all it did was add new cards and some updated rules, which I thought was a nice change. It added even more variety and it allowed some interesting decks to be built, although I myself prefer an Elemental Heroes deck, it still didn't require learning a completely new strategy and new game concept, and when 5Ds was over, they DID IT AGAIN with the XYZ Monsters.

Same here, I'm afraid I might have become a bit of a bore with my consistent and standard hatred of "Generic Synchros" as I put them. There were EXCEEDINGLY few Synchros that actually had a theme to them. Was sick of seeing a Stardust or a Black Rose every thing. Then again I hated a tonne of the 'meta' cards you saw everywhere especially the cheap ones that just killed a monster with no effort.

Though my gambling deck got around Stardust's effect delightfully, since for Stardust's effect to trigger the effect HAS to destroy the monster but with the timing you could never be sure my effects would.

Also +1 Elemental Heroes were REALLY rad.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I am 26 and use to watch the original show when it was aired in the UK and it was edited like crazy but it happens it was enjoyable enough to watch there is now going to be a 5th spin off show :( it has clearly and pretty much always was a marketing gimmick. As for the state of the TCG I remember going to tornments with a standard fiend deck and doing well and it all boils down to people all having very similar decks and all about money and less about just enjoying the game.
As for the series once snycros came out everyone seems to use them and it is all the game seems to be based around :(

Tis a shame
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
I am 26 and use to watch the original show when it was aired in the UK and it was edited like crazy but it happens it was enjoyable enough to watch there is now going to be a 5th spin off show :( it has clearly and pretty much always was a marketing gimmick. As for the state of the TCG I remember going to tornments with a standard fiend deck and doing well and it all boils down to people all having very similar decks and all about money and less about just enjoying the game.
As for the series once snycros came out everyone seems to use them and it is all the game seems to be based around :(

Tis a shame

Indeed Synchros were the beginning of the end for me and Yugioh. Everyone could run Stardust or Black Rose dragon and have these ridiculous cards show up with little to no effort at all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Every time I see this thread pop up on active topics, the only thing that pops in my head is my bed...
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Pierre wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

Tis a shame

Indeed Synchros were the beginning of the end for me and Yugioh. Everyone could run Stardust or Black Rose dragon and have these ridiculous cards show up with little to no effort at all.

I could never understand the rules past GX, or really how the game was played after that, especially since people can pull these powerful as hell cards out of their ass around the third turn of the entire duel.

I kinda stopped paying attention to rules once GX started, too. The Duel Disk looked neat, but otherwise, it just felt too new, too different and like it was taking giants steps of unbelieve. Then again, I wasn't that big on playing the game myself...

C-A

Gardevoir lover

I have an XYZ's deck. During high school i was the champ with that deck. Fun times.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

CatMuto wrote:
I kinda stopped paying attention to rules once GX started, too. The Duel Disk looked neat, but otherwise, it just felt too new, too different and like it was taking giants steps of unbelieve. Then again, I wasn't that big on playing the game myself...

C-A

I kept on through GX because there wasn't really any big big rule changes, it was essentially the same game just a bit newer, or at least I think so.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

This thread is my entire childhood all over. :godot:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

I have got season 3 and 4 of yu gi oh on dvd as one of my first animes and still like to watch it ^^. I play the world championship ds game 2011 that is far as I go
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
I have got season 3 and 4 of yu gi oh on dvd as one of my first animes and still like to watch it ^^. I play the world championship ds game 2011 that is far as I go

The world championships were great games...hell all the yugioh games were pretty great except dungeon dice monsters
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

The world championships were great games...hell all the yugioh games were pretty great except dungeon dice monsters

AGREED !!

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

AGREED !!

Yeah it makes me sad that Magic the Gathering doesn't go the same way. Their games barely ever allow you to build your own decks in the same capacity as the yugioh ones did. I guess Magic doesn't want people to neglect the paper copy of the game in favour of the digital one but it always just makes those games feel kinda naff...and like a demo...especially so since they are always riddled with advertising for the paper card game.

Though that said I hear there's a new 3DS Yugioh game that includes EXCEED cards now and it just gives you all the cards at the start...which is disappointing for me...I kinda like working my way up with boosters to my ideal deck.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace Explorer

Pierre wrote:
Yeah it makes me sad that Magic the Gathering doesn't go the same way. Their games barely ever allow you to build your own decks in the same capacity as the yugioh ones did. I guess Magic doesn't want people to neglect the paper copy of the game in favour of the digital one but it always just makes those games feel kinda naff...and like a demo...especially so since they are always riddled with advertising for the paper card game.

Though that said I hear there's a new 3DS Yugioh game that includes EXCEED cards now and it just gives you all the cards at the start...which is disappointing for me...I kinda like working my way up with boosters to my ideal deck.

This reminds me of how I felt looking at my roommate's collection of Yu-Gi-Oh cards... I pretty much quit the game when I turned about 10. Looking at the game now, seeing all of these quick-win combos in $20 decks and all these newfangled ways of summoning...
Like I told him, it kinda feels like watching your kid grow up and fall to street crime, while being unable to intervene in any way.

As for Magic, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who make that are still trying to push the physical cards. For one, it's more money for them, and for two, there's just something nice about sitting across from your opponent with the real cards.
...But it's probably mostly the money. :yogi:
Well? Are we going or what?

Though that said I hear there's a new 3DS Yugioh game that includes EXCEED cards now and it just gives you all the cards at the start...which is disappointing for me...I kinda like working my way up with boosters to my ideal deck.[/quote]

There is it has everything unlocked from the start all unlockable characters and duelist, worst aswell the jap version had 40 playable characters where uk version has 12 :O and in the jap version you have to unlock stuff , Unlocking cards is the fun bit for mer in yu gi oh games as gives something to work towards and when you use a powerful deck you have worked hard to get the cards to make it XD

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

There is it has everything unlocked from the start all unlockable characters and duelist, worst aswell the jap version had 40 playable characters where uk version has 12 :O and in the jap version you have to unlock stuff , Unlocking cards is the fun bit for mer in yu gi oh games as gives something to work towards and when you use a powerful deck you have worked hard to get the cards to make it XD

Yeah, I really liked working to unlock the boosters and get more powerful cards that way. Perhaps they figure the UK don't have the patience for that though. :ron: I remember talking to a guy who ran a Game Shop once and he was like "Yeah Yugioh players aren't fun anymore, they'll run the best stuff and play for the prizes, they aren't actually interested in the game they just want to get cards for money and sell them on". Perhaps it's a different mindset here to there.

I wonder...if Yugi could see into the future and see what Duel Monsters has become now, would he go and get Kaiba to stop making the card game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DUEL!

*ahem*

I got a few good cards in my deck. Allow me tto list them: Gearfried The Iron Knight Release Restraint Gearfried The Swordmaster, Red Eyes Darkness Dragon, Paladin of White Dragon, United We Stand(one of my favorite cards), Victory Dragon, Rare Metal Dragon, Megarock Dragon (The most OP Dragon in my deck), ad The ONE THE ONLY..... BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!

Oh and my favorite Fusion Monster.... Dark Flare Knight! And few of my friends WANTED this card.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I feel with MTG that the problem is that you build a kick butt deck yet after about 1 year all the cards that make up that deck get banned in competitive play so you have to start all over :O

got a BWED on my yu gi oh ds game it is a hoot XD

The Chocolateholic of CR

I have been on a lookout for certain cards that I know how to use.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I love Yu-Gi-Oh. It was one of my favorite pastimes in high school. Currently, I run a dragon deck - though there's no one around to play a few rounds anymore.
Page 1 of 1 [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices