Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 3[ 91 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney - Officially DeadTopic%20Title

Hello out there! tis me again, this time with my actual first case. Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney.
in my last post for the edgeworth fan-game, i said i was doing a test case, and ive since decided to make it an actual game.

the game will be set a year after GS4.

The whole game summary: Morgan Wright, now finished with law school, comes to visit his brother Phoenix, what he didnt know is that he would be thrown into a mess of cases, along with a prosecutor to boot, can Morgan solve these cases and clear his client's names?

this is gonna be a big project, specially for me. most of the stuff i need are sprites, locations, and evidence. mostly sprites and locations, as i can look around for evidence.

without further ado, the cases.

Case 1 - Justice in Time

summary: Morgan Wright has come to visit his brother, Phoenix Wright (my fanon), soon after his visit, he gets a case, Maya has been accused of murdering Justin Ramarez (might change his name later). Morgan takes the case, with Phoenix by his side, will he be able to catch the real killer?

Planning: 100%
Script 100%
Music: 75% (everything done on this except for characters)
Coding: 30% (coders WILL be needed, as i kinda suck at coding)
Spriting: 0% (all ive done is recolors of character sprites, help will be appreciated)

Victim: Justin Ramarez
Defendant: Maya Fey
Prosecution: Winston "Rookie Killer" Payne
Defense: Morgan Wright
Defense Assistant: Phoenix Wright

Case 2 - A Writers Turnabout

summary: A writer is killed in a hotel, and his friend is accused of murdering him, Morgan accepts his case, and he finds himself biting more than he can chew, can he find the killer?

Planning: 10%
Script: 10%
Music: 40%
Coding: 12%
Spriting: 40%

Victim: Flack Gold
Defendant: Perry Midd
Prosecution: Jack Yamati (not spoilers because if you look into the port folder in the art folder you can see him)
Defense: Morgan Wright
Defense Assistant: Apollo Justice

NEEDED: music for Jack.

Case 3 - Memories of a Turnabout

Summary: (Wont type untill i completely plan it out.)

Planning: 10%
Script: 5%
Music: 20%
Coding: 12%
Spriting: 0%

Victim: TBD
Defendant: TBD
Prosecution:TBD
Defense:TBA
Defense Assistant: TBD

case 4 hasnt been thought of yet. anyways, ive done the first case, but i might redo it as i said, i rushed it abit.

any help will be appreciated
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

My fangame: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney is right here: viewtopic.php?t=30205

Last edited by MrTailsluver on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Re: Morgan Wright: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

If you want to do the voice of Morgan, tell me.
Difficult-looking legal books stand in a formidable row. They mock me. I tried reading one, and it made my head hurt. When I closed it, it slipped out of my hand. Then my foot hurt too. - Phoenix Wright

"There's a contradiction in your testimony, good sir."

Last edited by Sligneris on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Explorer

Sligneris wrote:

THAT'S IT. I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER.
Well? Are we going or what?

Dracarys!

Sligneris wrote:

Sligneris wrote:

what makes this more funny to me is when i went to make the "Morgan" folder for Pywright, i completely forgot about the existing morgan folder. now im gonna think of that when i go to try my hand at editing Morgan's (or Morgen, thanks to the existing folder) sprites

Ok, starting the next case. right now i only have the recolors. so ill be uploading the game with the first case completely done. after i edit it abit, of course. so you guys can see what i want to be presented, who i want to be the killer, and all dat. :hobohodo:

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

MrTailsluver wrote:
Ok, starting the next case. right now i only have the recolors. so ill be uploading the game with the first case completely done. after i edit it abit, of course. so you guys can see what i want to be presented, who i want to be the killer, and all dat. :hobohodo:

This is probably off topic but: I wonder if the game has proper capitalization/punctuation/grammar?
I am just wondering. No offence to you, of course.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Mia Payne

MrTailsluver wrote:

Is this a PyWright game or AAO?

Also... the grammar/punctuation thing, that sometimes is the killing factor for otherwise good cases... I hope it is good :L

BonnyMono wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:

This is probably off topic but: I wonder if the game has proper capitalization/punctuation/grammar?

That's actually what im editing. When i played through the game myself, everything i typed was just Blech.

For Example:
Morgan: (okay, morgan, dont mind him. hes just trying to put you down so you can lose)

I for some reason feel abit weird when i read that.

Blizdi wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:

Is this a PyWright game or AAO?

Also... the grammar/punctuation thing, that sometimes is the killing factor for otherwise good cases... I hope it is good :L

PyWright, and the grammar ill be editing right now, hopefully it'll be good.

Mia Payne

MrTailsluver wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:

That's actually what im editing. When i played through the game myself, everything i typed was just Blech.

For Example:
Morgan: (okay, morgan, dont mind him. hes just trying to put you down so you can lose)

I for some reason feel abit weird when i read that.

Is English not your first language? That definitely seems like second world country second-language english... :P

Anyways... hope you get the editting done, take some screenshots for OP and upload it :)

Blizdi wrote:

Is English not your first language? That definitely seems like second world country second-language english... :P

English IS my first language, i just rushed to get it done, and i regret that now.

Mia Payne

MrTailsluver wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

English IS my first language, i just rushed to get it done, and i regret that now.

Ahh... that's actually not that bad of an idea... rush the script and fix it at the end, minimizes the chance of mistakes :D

Estimated time til release? I'm actually looking foward to a series that could possibly tie me over til Ropfa/Cardiovore get their cases released :D

Blizdi wrote:
Estimated time til release? I'm actually looking foward to a series that could possibly tie me over til Ropfa/Cardiovore get their cases released :D

The first case should be done sometime next month. (if i can even get it done by then)

Im thinking of releasing a few versions of each case, or at least one version and then the final.

Its gonna have three cases, the final one having way more work done on it than the last two.

Since ive cleared that up, it could be next year before its completely done.

Only thing im waiting for is spriters, and someone that can make backgrounds and evidence.

Just made a video showcasing the first two scenes of the first case! i havent edited the first scene, but i have edited the scene before court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_n61oWEyOc

If anyone can make the case art for case 1 that'll be groovy, the only things that has to be in it is morgan at the front, and the killer somewhere in the background. if someone can do that, thanks! :edgey:

I've uploaded the game with the first case, i havent edited it much yet, but i thought i should atleast show you guys what ive gotten done.

https://www.mediafire.com/?k1wqzfr2p007xv9

Spoiler: The Ending
the ending is abit dumb, so if you can think of a better ending, please tell me either in this topic, or in a PM

Re: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney - First Case editing underwaTopic%20Title

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Alright, I'll review this as I am playing...

Spoiler: Long review
-Opening-
First, the intro's pretty good. The thing that's bothering me is the lack of apostrophes on the most of the words.
What's with the random Richard sprite?
Anyway... the opening script started and then it finished. But! It went back to the copyright infringement warning. (I edited the script so that shouldn't be a big of a problem.)

-Trial Former-
I noticed that Morgan went to the defendant lobby at 10:08 AM, court usually start at 10AM but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Again, lack of capitalization/punctuation.

-Trial-
Payne, being the noble person, said "Your" instead of "You're".
Morgan's sprite is quite glitchy, sometimes it changes to Phoenix's sprite.
*Wrong sound effect for C-R evidence*
Note: The prosecution presents the autopsy as its first evidence and NEVER asked whether to read it or not.
Payne's competent enough to do so. (Which is surprising.)
The witness states his FULL name when asked about his name and occupation.
Oh and for the occupation, he should say "Unoccupied"
Morgan suddenly turns into Phoenix... AGAIN.
The Allegro version of the testimony shouldn't really play at the first testimony.
(Surprisingly, Ron only uses one emote.)
Ron is still labeled as "???"
Sudden Allegro music start.
I CAN'T FIND THE CONTRAD--Oh there it is.
I believe it should be the Objection theme that should play instead of the Pursuit theme.
>Two statement testimony
GG
Also, if he knew the clock was broken, then why bother looking at it?
I believe that amount of periods aren't really necessary...
You should just use an ellipsis and put a pause command there.
Again with the sprite switching. IS HE SECRETLY PHOENIX---Wait, nah.
I believe the right sentence is "The most overused excuse I've ever heard!"
Oh come on! Payne should've told Phoenix if he had any evidence to support what he's claiming!
TELEPORTING PAYNE GOOOOOOO!
Wait... That only took 40 minutes?
Randy...? I thought his name was Richard.
Begin...? Wait what?
No music... Me sad. :sadshoe:
What kind of sloppy investigation team is that?
THE ALMIGHTY PAYNE SHALL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT THE AUTOPSY IS OUTDATED OR NOT...! (I'm sorry, that line was really cheezy.)
It's official, the witness is way more competent than Payne.
He has... Gloves?
BASELESS CONJECTURE, GO!
--END--
It wasn't a bad one, nor it was a good one.
I recommend getting enough workers for the case script/coding/sprites and so on.

Anyway, if I sounded rude, then I apologize for it.
If you need any help with the coding/grammar check, then I could help.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
Alright, I'll review this as I am playing...

Spoiler: Long review
-Opening-
First, the intro's pretty good. The thing that's bothering me is the lack of apostrophes on the most of the words.
What's with the random Richard sprite?
Anyway... the opening script started and then it finished. But! It went back to the copyright infringement warning. (I edited the script so that shouldn't be a big of a problem.)

-Trial Former-
I noticed that Morgan went to the defendant lobby at 10:08 AM, court usually start at 10AM but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Again, lack of capitalization/punctuation.

-Trial-
Payne, being the noble person, said "Your" instead of "You're".
Morgan's sprite is quite glitchy, sometimes it changes to Phoenix's sprite.
*Wrong sound effect for C-R evidence*
Note: The prosecution presents the autopsy as its first evidence and NEVER asked whether to read it or not.
Payne's competent enough to do so. (Which is surprising.)
The witness states his FULL name when asked about his name and occupation.
Oh and for the occupation, he should say "Unoccupied"
Morgan suddenly turns into Phoenix... AGAIN.
The Allegro version of the testimony shouldn't really play at the first testimony.
(Surprisingly, Ron only uses one emote.)
Ron is still labeled as "???"
Sudden Allegro music start.
I CAN'T FIND THE CONTRAD--Oh there it is.
I believe it should be the Objection theme that should play instead of the Pursuit theme.
>Two statement testimony
GG
Also, if he knew the clock was broken, then why bother looking at it?
I believe that amount of periods aren't really necessary...
You should just use an ellipsis and put a pause command there.
Again with the sprite switching. IS HE SECRETLY PHOENIX---Wait, nah.
I believe the right sentence is "The most overused excuse I've ever heard!"
Oh come on! Payne should've told Phoenix if he had any evidence to support what he's claiming!
TELEPORTING PAYNE GOOOOOOO!
Wait... That only took 40 minutes?
Begin...? Wait what?
No music... Me sad. :sadshoe:
What kind of sloppy investigation team is that?
THE ALMIGHTY PAYNE SHALL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT THE AUTOPSY IS OUTDATED OR NOT...! (I'm sorry, that line was really cheezy.)
It's official, the witness is way more competent than Payne.
He has... Gloves?
BASELESS CONJECTURE, GO!
--END--
It wasn't a bad one, nor it was a good one.
I recommend getting enough workers for the case script/coding/sprites and so on.

Anyway, if I sounded rude, then I apologize for it.
If you need any help with the coding/grammar check, then I could help.

Before i say ANYTHING, i am working on correcting the grammar/punctuation problems.

alright, und i will begin:

Spoiler: Long reply to Long review
Opening
ive fixed the error with the script going back to the copyright thing.
that Richard Sprite is actually the killer. (right now i havent got a piece of art with the flash of the gun sort of revealing apart of him.)

Trial Former
i did forget that part.

Trial
Morgan's Sprite is currently incomplete. you can tell when you look at his folder.
Hmm, i thought that was the sound effect for CR evidence. i guess ill have to change that.
OK then, i have something alittle (or maybe not at ALL) funny planned for that.
Fixed.
Again, Fixed.
That was me being lazy. :yogi:
Ron being label as ?? has been fixed.
Yeah, its a tutorial case, so it shouldnt be that hard to find, should it?
That'll be another thing i change.
YAY FOR- short testimonies?
I really should've explained why he did shouldnt i?
SHORTENED DOWN NEOW
Yay for me rushing this script!
Well,its my logic, not yours! xD jk (actually, i think that described GS completely)
Payne can teleport at wi- OH CRAP!
Thank my brain for that.
i didnt put any music in that part?? what part do you even mean? xD
I guess the police didnt have any good investigation teams at that time, im guessing they have more than 1 investigation team.
He had gloves, he put them in his pocket before he got to the witness stand. atleast, thats what phoenix will say in the next upload.
and thats why i said the ending was abit dumb.

END

i would really appriciate the help :edgey:

i almost forgot:
BonnyMono wrote:

Thats actually Richard's brother. (man, this game has the word brother on it abunch, dont you think?)
i will need a sprite for him though, so i used richard's.

also, about the coding/grammar check help, ill send you the current game in a PM, because the one i uploaded has been fixed.

Just edited the beginning, the first testimony, and cross exam in the trial. might just upload that script, or should i wait until i've fully edited the whole case before uploading it?

Damn this games evidence system, i cant seem to get the right evidence (Ron and Randy's profiles) to show up right, it just says their names on both the name and the description.

Dracarys!

One thing that I'm seeing before even starting the case is that you should probably remove the sprites of any characters you don't need from the art folder. Also, shorten some of the music files and get them to loop. Because 268 megabytes for such a short case...?

That's a bit too much.

Finishing morgan's sprite, and doing the stuffz that Ropfa suggested. I'm Gettin' there! :will:

Ver. 2 of the case, with some edits (Morgan's sprite still not completed)

https://www.mediafire.com/?pci46q618y9hare

Ron Karma

MrTailsluver wrote:
If anyone can make the case art for case 1 that'll be groovy, the only things that has to be in it is morgan at the front, and the killer somewhere in the background. if someone can do that, thanks! :edgey:

Well, I managed to make some you official art for Morgan.
Spoiler: Official Art
This took me about a minute in Photoshop.

Have a nice day,
Ron
My Fan Game Click the Bracelet to see my sprites

OH GOD I MESSED UP IN THE MOST FUNNIEST WAY IMAGINABLE

Ron Karma

MrTailsluver wrote:
OH GOD I MESSED UP IN THE MOST FUNNIEST WAY IMAGINABLE

To quote Ropfa:
Quote:
remove the sprites of any characters you don't need

Otherwise things like this will keep happening.
Have a nice day,
- Ron
My Fan Game Click the Bracelet to see my sprites

I did remove Morgan's sprites, but for some reason she still showed up.

Voice Actors Needed: All i need is a voice actor (at the moment) for This character:

Image (I got him from This Thread: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5563 If him and another character are being used by their creators, then just tell me. the other character is this: Image) anyways, all i need for the voice actor to do is the Objection and Hold It lines (if thats what ya call 'em)

Re: Morgan Wright: Ace Attorney - Second case in the worksTopic%20Title

Just got Morgan's Objection Theme

Let me know what you think :phoenix:

My First Frankensprite (Atleast, i classify it as that.)

Ignore the little spots, thats just me being lazy and not removing his original hair completely.

Update Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiK1kEA ... e=youtu.be

New Version of the game is released! this is maybe the last version where i worked on the first case, the second case is sorta done, ive only got 3 scenes, the opening, the first investigation scene, and the detention center, if you play it, tell me about any errors i may have missed.

Here's the game: https://www.mediafire.com/?8xopdmf7yib5ma0

Okay, im not that good at flags apparently, the flag skipintro thing doesnt work properly for the detention center, the flag that you have to set before talking about "Inspiration" does absolutely nothing, so i need major help with that. :edgeworth:

Dracarys!

MrTailsluver wrote:
Ignore the little spots, thats just me being lazy and not removing his original hair completely.

Mmm... I gotta say, it always bothers me to see you say things like this. I mean, sure, lots of casewriters cut corners in their work... But very rarely will you see somebody directly say "Yeah, I didn't do that because I'm lazy." It just sends a very poor vibe for your case... Like you don't care at all about the quality (maybe you do, that's just the impression I get when you say things like that). If you want people to get more interested in your work, you should show that you have a bit of pride in it yourself.

Ropfa wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:

Mmm... I gotta say, it always bothers me to see you say things like this. I mean, sure, lots of casewriters cut corners in their work... But very rarely will you see somebody directly say "Yeah, I didn't do that because I'm lazy." It just sends a very poor vibe for your case... Like you don't care at all about the quality (maybe you do, that's just the impression I get when you say things like that). If you want people to get more interested in your work, you should show that you have a bit of pride in it yourself.

Well...Im not really lazy, i just go "Oh, Thats nackered, ill fix that later" and then i procrastinate doing that. (unless i just explained being lazy) i actually love what i did to his sprite, but, as i said, i procrastinate fixing it.

New Frankensprites:

For the 2nd sprite i used the hair from this sprite:

Ropfa wrote:
Spoiler:
Polly is upset

Holly Shizzz! I finally got the flags to work! :maya:

Since ive finally got that done, time for art stuff! i need a hotel outside, a hotel lobby, a hotel hall (Which has one door open, and tape where the body was, the victim was shot in the chest), and a hotel room, a messy hotel room.

Page 1 of 3 [ 91 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games