Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not PopTopic%20Title

Who here has read or has started watching "No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!" ? if you didnt here is a link to watch it online or read the manga

http://mangafox.me/manga/watashi_ga_motenai_no_wa_dou_kangaete_mo_omaera_ga_warui/ (manga
http://anime-exceed.com/watashi-ga-motenai-no-wa-dou-kangaetemo-omaera-ga-warui-episode-1-subbed-dubbed/

just 2 rules for this thread

1. Please no spoilers for the people who havnt started reading or watching it if needed please use spoiler tags
2 Just have fun and discuss away about the anime :hotti:

Enjoy :pearl-blush:
Re: No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m NotTopic%20Title

Isn't the title actually translated to It's not my fault I'm not popular!?

I like it. I haven't watched the anime, I'm only reading the manga and I find it hilarious. Parts of it I cringe to read because they really are kind of embarrassing to read or 'experience' and I wish Tomoko would just not do those things or say it at that point. Some of them I even wonder...

Spoiler:
A recent chapter where she wanted to see a penis live... not a problem. You know, that's fine and all. But looking up dicks on your phone during class? I know curiosity and urges and all, but that was just a no-no. I know she's a virgin, so am I, but try to keep yourself from checking it out during class!

By the way, there's also the little spin-off series focusing on her time in middle school.
It's not my fault that my friend's not popular. Or was it her fault...?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Isn't the title actually translated to It's not my fault I'm not popular!?

I like it. I haven't watched the anime, I'm only reading the manga and I find it hilarious. Parts of it I cringe to read because they really are kind of embarrassing to read or 'experience' and I wish Tomoko would just not do those things or say it at that point. Some of them I even wonder...

Spoiler:
A recent chapter where she wanted to see a penis live... not a problem. You know, that's fine and all. But looking up dicks on your phone during class? I know curiosity and urges and all, but that was just a no-no. I know she's a virgin, so am I, but try to keep yourself from checking it out during class!

By the way, there's also the little spin-off series focusing on her time in middle school.
It's not my fault that my friend's not popular. Or was it her fault...?

C-A

each website has different translations but i hacd crunchy roll open so injust copyed the name from there :keiko: you should watch the anime it just recently started so far their is 2 episodes and both are hilarious i love the embrassing things she does throughout the manga makes you feel bad for her and just wanna give her a hug :hotti: and about that spoiler i laughed during that chapter when
Spoiler:
She went into her brothers room and asked him if she could see his penis i just died at that part
her personality is she is just social ackward and her over active imagination and paranoia end up screwing her over but she tries her best and that is what counts :pearl:

I know, that's what I like about her, being so socially awkward.
Oh man if she had been a classmate of mine and had we gotten to talking about anime, manga, yaoi and dicks, seiyuus and all, it would've been fun!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I know, that's what I like about her, being so socially awkward.
Oh man if she had been a classmate of mine and had we gotten to talking about anime, manga, yaoi and dicks, seiyuus and all, it would've been fun!

C-A

Im a only child so i wish i had her as my sister :sparkly-maggey: im sure we would have gotten along just fine :hotti:

I'm thinking about Watamote a bit deeper and... quite frankly, this manga is depressing as hell! It seems like Tomoko can't get a single break. Yeah, she has Yuu-chan, but given how Yuu seems to have changed a lot, she's still alone. Even at home, Tomoko is so awkward that she's still alone...!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I'm thinking about Watamote a bit deeper and... quite frankly, this manga is depressing as hell! It seems like Tomoko can't get a single break. Yeah, she has Yuu-chan, but given how Yuu seems to have changed a lot, she's still alone. Even at home, Tomoko is so awkward that she's still alone...!

C-A

Haha well all of the time it's always Tomoko's fault because of her weird personality and timid side. Yuu-chan changed way to much and I love how Tomoko acts perverted around her haha. The only person who comes close to being like Tomoko is Kotomi

Quote:
Haha well all of the time it's always Tomoko's fault because of her weird personality and timid side. Yuu-chan changed way to much and I love how Tomoko acts perverted around her haha. The only person who comes close to being like Tomoko is Kotomi

True, kind of. But if you think about it, Tomoko obviously wants friends, but the intense difficulty she has in making them can be quite heartbreaking. Yes, she's socially awkward, very socially awkward and I can sorta identify with that, so it's really sad to see her want something badly and fail.

And I find it worse that she doesn't even seem to work well with her own family. Tomoki seems to absolutely hate her, her mother shows no sign of understanding Tomoko, either. And the stupid teacher needs to keep her mouth shut, all about joining things and making friends... it's not that easy for some people, sensei!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

True, kind of. But if you think about it, Tomoko obviously wants friends, but the intense difficulty she has in making them can be quite heartbreaking. Yes, she's socially awkward, very socially awkward and I can sorta identify with that, so it's really sad to see her want something badly and fail.

And I find it worse that she doesn't even seem to work well with her own family. Tomoki seems to absolutely hate her, her mother shows no sign of understanding Tomoko, either. And the stupid teacher needs to keep her mouth shut, all about joining things and making friends... it's not that easy for some people, sensei!

C-A

I always feel like I wanna jump into my screen and give Tomoko big hug to comfort her every time I see her suffer the way she does. I admit I could identify with her back during my middle school where I was abit socially awkward do to my timidness until I did something stupid I regret but then again Im glad I did because it made me finally get rid of my shyness in the weirdest of ways haha.

Tomoki hates her but at times he does care about his sister especially back when he was a little boy but then again Tomoko does act like a ass infront of him which is why he hates her at times. Her mother though is a ass when it comes to understanding Tomoko since she's oblivious to the whole matter of her social akwardness. The teacher just tries way too hard in trying to help Tomoko. The only person I noticed who cares about Tomoko besides Yuu is Megumi

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I remember my ex-boyfriend watching this, since we were skyping during a long saturday/sunday night and he pretty much told me about it, but I haven't seen/read it yet, though the time will come soon :godot:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

I love this show, but I agree that it can be pretty depressing. I actually couldn't watch it the whole way through, because I felt so bad for Tomoko. I recognize a lot of myself in her and I find myself laughing at some of the stuff she does, because I used to do those kinds of things, too.

For example, in one episode she spends ages trying to figure out which drink she wants, and then when she finally decides, she spills it everywhere. That kind of stuff has happened to me. What I like about the show is that it reminds me that I'm not the only one who does this kind of stuff. :will:

Still, I always feel really bad for Tomoko and just want to give her a hug and make her feel better each time I watch. :sadshoe:

You know, this show was really good until the half-assed ending. Tomoko learns absolutely nothing and it feels so unsatisfying. There's an OVA episode coming out in October, but I have absolutely no idea what it's going to be about. The manga is far better than the anime. However, Tomoko is turning into a pretty horrible person from where it's going now. I wonder how long it's going to last for.

I used to be able to relate a lot to this series. Though now that I actually have a girlfriend and that my life is actually good now, I can't say that I'm the same. Still, I think we've all been like Tomoko at one point. I'm just glad that stage of my is over now. :jake:

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
You know, this show was really good until the half-assed ending. Tomoko learns absolutely nothing and it feels so unsatisfying. There's an OVA episode coming out in October, but I have absolutely no idea what it's going to be about. The manga is far better than the anime. However, Tomoko is turning into a pretty horrible person from where it's going now. I wonder how long it's going to last for.

There's an anime for this and it's already over? Hmm... even though I barely watch anime anymore, I do think I'd avoid trying to watch an anime based on something that is definitely nowhere near finished. Like with the Magister Magi Negima, various OVAs, all ending much, much earlier than the manga did and tend to give really weird endings.

As for Tomoko being a horrible person... eh, some parts I agree, other parts I don't. Quite honestly, if I were to go to a meet-and-greet of a seiyuu I'm a fan of and even got a chance to ask him to voice something, I'd probably draw a blank. Or might even ask something completely random like what Tomoko did.

C-A

PS: That DS game Tomoko was playing, where she was rubbing off sweat from a guy... what game is that? :gant:

Quote:
There's an anime for this and it's already over? Hmm... even though I barely watch anime anymore, I do think I'd avoid trying to watch an anime based on something that is definitely nowhere near finished. Like with the Magister Magi Negima, various OVAs, all ending much, much earlier than the manga did and tend to give really weird endings.

As for Tomoko being a horrible person... eh, some parts I agree, other parts I don't. Quite honestly, if I were to go to a meet-and-greet of a seiyuu I'm a fan of and even got a chance to ask him to voice something, I'd probably draw a blank. Or might even ask something completely random like what Tomoko did.

C-A

PS: That DS game Tomoko was playing, where she was rubbing off sweat from a guy... what game is that? :gant:

The anime was only 12 episodes and it finished waaaaay back in September. It was a pretty close adaption to the manga, but the ending was so obviously rushed since the manga's nowhere near completed.

With Tomoko being horrible, I sort of mean how she's treating the people around her. Granted, her social skills aren't the best, but she could give way more effort.

It's probably supposed to be a parody of those dating games. You should probably know by now that Japan makes some weird shit with their games. :yogi:

Still, that kind of reminds me of this Lupin III DS game. One of the mini games involves you giving Fujiko a back massage. :meekins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0f25b1LRg

Quote:
It's probably supposed to be a parody of those dating games. You should probably know by now that Japan makes some weird shit with their games.

I know. I was hoping it was real, so I could play it. :gant:

C-A

迷探偵

CatMuto wrote:

Haven't seen the series, but probably Duel Love, with its infamous "Heaven Mode".
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Haven't seen the series, but probably Duel Love, with its infamous "Heaven Mode".

Muhahahahaha~ :hotti:

C-A

You know, this show was really good until the half-assed ending. Tomoko learns absolutely nothing and it feels so unsatisfying.

Wow, seriously? I really liked the ending.
Spoiler:
She learned she doesn't need to be popular or fit in with societal norms to be happy, that seems like a pretty good lesson to me. Considering most of her misery was self-inflicted, a large amount of it coming from her misguided attempts to be popular, it gave me the impression that she'd be okay once she stopped trying to impress the world. She did have a couple friends like Yuu and Megumi who liked her more or less how she was, she'll eventually find more just by being herself.

That's not to say she shouldn't reach out to others at all (though she is slowly improving in that regard, too; compare the way she said goodbye to that teacher at the front gate in the first and last episodes), she just needs to quit being such a tryhard about it.

Um, Megumi? Is that an anime only character or am I forgetting her? Or is that the girl Kuro-something from middle school, but they had forgotten about each other's existence?

C-A

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
You know, this show was really good until the half-assed ending. Tomoko learns absolutely nothing and it feels so unsatisfying.

Spoiler:
She learned she doesn't need to be popular or fit in with societal norms to be happy, that seems like a pretty good lesson to me. Considering most of her misery was self-inflicted, a large amount of it coming from her misguided attempts to be popular, it gave me the impression that she'd be okay once she stopped trying to impress the world. She did have a couple friends like Yuu and Megumi who liked her more or less how she was, she'll eventually find more just by being herself.

That's not to say she shouldn't reach out to others at all (though she is slowly improving in that regard, too; compare the way she said goodbye to that teacher at the front gate in the first and last episodes), she just needs to quit being such a tryhard about it.

Spoiler:
That would be fine, expect for the fact that she pretty much accomplishes nothing in her life. She still can't talk to people, she ran away from Megumi, and Yuu even lost her attention for Tomoko over a cat. :ron:
Some of her misery IS self-inflicted. I'm not denying that. But a lot of it also has to do with her simply being in bad circumstances or just naturally having poor social skills. I can tell you from first hand experience that you can try as hard as you can to make friends or make your life "better," but most of the time you'll fail. I never pretended to be something I'm not, and it didn't lead me anywhere regardless. I'm lucky as is to have my girlfriend now, and that only happened because of sheer luck. Almost nothing on my part. So yeah, Tomoko simply saying "None of it matters." was not satisfying to me at all. I'd like to still see what her life is like after that, though.

Quote:
Um, Megumi? Is that an anime only character or am I forgetting her? Or is that the girl Kuro-something from middle school, but they had forgotten about each other's existence?

No, she's in the manga too. Megumi is basically a super-popular girl at school who becomes friendly with Tomoko. Even still, they don't really become friends or anything. Mostly because Tomoko doesn't have the courage to talk to her. The girl you're thinking about from the manga is Kotomi. She didn't make any appearances in the anime, because she only appeared semi-recently in the manga. Makes me wonder if the upcoming OVA will have her.

Megumi... um, the girl with the "anime hair", you know those two thin pigtails on the side? I might have to re-read all the current chapters in one go to remember, although that might depress me... I do feel for Tomoko. Of course, I can easily say we would've gotten friends, but then... well, when two socially awkward people try to make friends, it generally is difficult for that exact reason. Even with each other. Especially with each other, since neither can get herself to open her mouth.

C-A

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That would be fine, expect for the fact that she pretty much accomplishes nothing in her life. She still can't talk to people, she ran away from Megumi, and Yuu even lost her attention for Tomoko over a cat. :ron:
Some of her misery IS self-inflicted. I'm not denying that. But a lot of it also has to do with her simply being in bad circumstances or just naturally having poor social skills. I can tell you from first hand experience that you can try as hard as you can to make friends or make your life "better," but most of the time you'll fail. I never pretended to be something I'm not, and it didn't lead me anywhere regardless. I'm lucky as is to have my girlfriend now, and that only happened because of sheer luck. Almost nothing on my part. So yeah, Tomoko simply saying "None of it matters." was not satisfying to me at all. I'd like to still see what her life is like after that, though.

Spoiler:
She didn't say "None of it matters", she said "Who cares if I'm unpopular?", which is the right attitude to have. And I'd still say Tomoko grows slightly over the way she was at the start of the series. She had hardcore issues, though, and the show only covered five or six months, half of which was over summer break, so expecting much more than very subtle changes seems a little unrealistic.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
She didn't say "None of it matters", she said "Who cares if I'm unpopular?", which is the right attitude to have. And I'd still say Tomoko grows slightly over the way she was at the start of the series. She had hardcore issues, though, and the show only covered five or six months, half of which was over summer break, so expecting much more than very subtle changes seems a little unrealistic.
[/quote]
Spoiler:
Nope, just checked. Her exact words are "Seriously, it doesn't even matter." To me, that's the biggest problem of the series. It's way too short. This show would at least need another season to show Tomoko's full journey. But since the manga isn't even finished yet, I'm not sure where that's going. "Slightly" isn't a huge change in my eyes. Which to me, means that she doesn't change or mature enough. Just my opinion, though.

Spoiler:
I have to say, though, doesn't "Seriously it doesn't matter" actually mean that her not being popular is not something she should bother with? Yes, it's short. I don't know why they made it, since the manga is obviously taking a lot longer, but they shortened it. And even if it's short, as long as she realized - even over a short course of time - that trying to be popular is tiring or just doesn't matter since people popular isn't important is actually pretty good. I mean, you don't need a long anime series of 50+ episodes to give a message, especially since it become tiring to watch that since you know what the message is probably gonna be and the longer it takes, the more you're frustrated that it's taking them so long to finally get there.

C-A

Guys, check out the 2nd panel on this page! I just noticed it, but that's Narukami from Persona 4~ Some of the reference posters I don't get, but that one I noticed... haven't noticed it before. XD

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Guys, check out the 2nd panel on this page! I just noticed it, but that's Narukami from Persona 4~ Some of the reference posters I don't get, but that one I noticed... haven't noticed it before. XD

C-A

There is alot of references in Watamote you find in the chapters which are hilarious xD.

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

There is alot of references in Watamote you find in the chapters which are hilarious xD.

I would totally get that reference... IF I COULD ACTUALLY PLAY PERSONA! Does anyone want to donate to me their PS2, PS3, or Vita? :payne:

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I would totally get that reference... IF I COULD ACTUALLY PLAY PERSONA! Does anyone want to donate to me their PS2, PS3, or Vita? :payne:

I actually need a Vita once september rolls around so I can play SDR2 when it releases.

Quote:
I actually need a Vita once september rolls around so I can play SDR2 when it releases.

That doesn't solve my problem. I don't own any Sony systems apart from emulation. :ron:

Quote:

That doesn't solve my problem. I don't own any Sony systems apart from emulation. :ron:

Well If you had read your PM's it will solve your problem :ron:

*coughsplutter* I am doing an LP of P3P via emulator *cough splutter* Well technically I'm not cause I'm taking a break from it. And the Persona one is the only one I noticed right now cause it kinda stared me in the face. I read up the Shout Outs and references, and some of them I noticed, but others I don't because... well I don't watch KOn! and such.

C-A

One thing I loved about the Watamote anime was the amazing OP theme by Kiba of Akira and the adorable ending theme.

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
One thing I loved about the Watamote anime was the amazing OP theme by Kiba of Akira and the adorable ending theme.

I agree. One of the strongest points of this series is the music. For a series that only lasted 12 episodes, there's a surprising variety of insert songs and EDs. Even the background music is charming and fits the story perfectly. Even if it does leave you with a big hole in your heart and aching depression. :viola:

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:

Oh, when I first saw the Opening I was all "What the..." and then I saw the Ending and I thought it was cute. The ending is both upbeat as anything and depressing as hell at the same time. Also, Episode 4... please warn me before playing Boys' Love noises! :bellboy:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:

Oh, when I first saw the Opening I was all "What the..." and then I saw the Ending and I thought it was cute. The ending is both upbeat as anything and depressing as hell at the same time. Also, Episode 4... please warn me before playing Boys' Love noises! :bellboy:

C-A

When I saw the ending I was like "OMG FINALLY A METAL ANIME OPENING!!" aside from the awesomeness that is Detroit Metal City which I highly recommend you watch. I had the same reaction when I saw the ending but I liked it alot.

edit: If you do watch Detroit Metal City be ready to expect the weirdness xD
Spoiler: DMC

The Opening is metal. Not the Ending.
And I'm off to get McD for lunch and then I'll continue watching Watamote Episode 5. I know the depressing as hell parts are still gonna come, but for the most part I saw the cringeworthy or just plain funny parts.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
The Opening is metal. Not the Ending.
And I'm off to get McD for lunch and then I'll continue watching Watamote Episode 5. I know the depressing as hell parts are still gonna come, but for the most part I saw the cringeworthy or just plain funny parts.

C-A

Well obviously the opening is metal and not the ending unless you blind as hell xD

You know, that part where she squished the cockroach and the class calls it kinda freaky? What's wrong with these guys? What was she supposed to do, scream like a little kid and all? I mean, okay, I dislike roaches and all, but even I would not have tolerated them getting into a mini-panic over a cockroach and probably stomped it, too.
Also, just finished the 12th Episode...

Spoiler: My take on the Ending
I can see why people think it may be lacking, as it is pretty anticlimactic and sudden. But I guess her seeing Imae's underwear when she was about to actively reach out to a person - something she hadn't really done in all the episodes and almost none of the Chapters up to now - was kind of a pretty big shock to her and she kind of cracked.
But I think it's an okay ending. I think I'd say the Ending for me is either her saying it doesn't matter if she's popular in her class... or it doesn't matter if she, or anyone else, considers her a Mojyou.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

Question about the the serie.

So I hesite to put it in my "Must watch/read list" for the summer and I just wantes to know if there is a lot of mopping in this manga. I mean does she really mope at how bad she is with her social skills or how it's not her fault that she has bad skills? Just afraid that it's a manga where the otaku reader is supposed to be conforted or other things.
Please don't hit me...

Well, the series is labelled It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular, so she generally doesn't really get that some of the things she does make her more lonesome. Or more that, her inaction at doing things doesn't work out the way she wants it to. She is an otaku and is rather deluded on how things work in High School compared to dating sims, manga, light novels and visual novels and such. She's a loner, so...

It's not really that the reader is supposed to be comforted by reading about another girl having potentially the same problem of being popular as the reader. I personally stopped caring about being popular very fast. The manga is more supposed to be a slice of life, mixed with Cringe Comedy. It's hilarious to read some of the things she's going through, but it's also really, really difficult to read at times cause you do sort of feel sorry for her at times.

So, Tomoko doesn't really mope much. More she thinks of her frustration. Yes, there are times where she's a bit mopey, sad about how things are going. And she is an obnoxious character, but I think she's a sympathetic character done right. She doesn't do anything overly bad on purpose that backfires, it just backfires. People can relate to her, but also be annoyed by her at the same time. And I quite honestly do feel for her when I read the manga. Especially if there are moments she misunderstands or is ignored-with-kindness by her only friend.

It's definitely a show that you have to take with a grain of salt. The heroine isn't a perfect girl, she's actually the opposite and yet is not really the hero type. In fact, she's incredibly flawed and even unlikeable. But... I dunno, I personally just see something in her that makes me want to like her a ton. I do like her a lot.

My suggestion... watch the anime first. It's shorter and connects various (shorter) manga chapters together and they actually work. I absolutely love the music, although it sounded so off and out of place at times. The art style is great, I just feel joy when watching that thing. Anyway, then you can decide if Tomoko is the type of character you can like enough to read 55+ chapters.

C-A
Page 1 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios