Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 56 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Have Any Phobias/Fears?Topic%20Title

You know, a Mario game!

The title says it all. What things personally scare you? I personally have Pyrophobia, which is fear of fire. For the longest time, I couldn't even put anything into the oven because I was afraid of being burned. Whenever my family has bonfires, I spend the entire time as far away from the fire as I can. Then again, fire is a pretty logical thing to be afraid of, at least compared to other phobias.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Have Any Phobias/Fears?Topic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

dimentiorules wrote:
The title says it all. What things personally scare you? I personally have Pyrophobia, which is fear of fire. For the longest time, I couldn't even put anything into the oven because I was afraid of being burned. Whenever my family has bonfires, I spend the entire time as far away from the fire as I can. Then again, fire is a pretty logical thing to be afraid of, at least compared to other phobias.

Yeah, burns are no fun to have.

Cockroaches still freak me out. Not as badly as they used to, but if I see one in a building, my stomach will turn. I'm not so freaked out by the little ones... which is weird, because those are usually the kind that will end up crawling in your ear (while you sleep) and treating you like a snack. No, it's usually water bugs/palmetto bugs that make me want to run to the hills. And I swear I can sense when one is in the building, because I always get this horribly unsettled feeling hours before seeing one. If I hear any kind of rustling while I'm sleeping, I'll wake up going OMFG A ROACH. I don't even enjoy killing them, because then that means I have to TOUCH THEM or at least get in close proximity of them. Ugh. Ugh. UGH. I'm always happy when winter comes around because THEY'RE ALL DEAD. :beef:

The 50th floor of the Chrysler building in Parasite Eve was hell for me, as you can imagine.

Oddly, I don't have a fear of spiders. Maybe it's because some of them eat the roaches. :karma:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Chocolateholic of CR

Snakes and spiders.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I have both fears and a phobia, plus a few fears bordering on phobia.
My actual phobia is of public places, crowds, and being stuck somewhere with other people. This one I don't really know the reason of.

I am highly afraid (=bordering on phobia) of water, wasps and other striped stingy insects, heights, and fast moving/not horizontally moving things. These I know the reasons of. They are based on my experiences with wasps attacking my ears (I once had a wasp IN my ear, which was not pleasant in the least), almost drowning when I was a toddler, and almost falling off a chairoplane when I was a little kid. I'm also easily scared or stressed out by loud noises, which is probably due to my sensitive hearing.

I'm normally afraid of large or agressive dogs, large animals with the potential to harm me, and your generic fear-causers like explosions, the ground caving in (which is technically possible in my area, but rarely happens), large/uncontrolled fires, etc.
Also, being alone in a dark room after playing a horror game or reading a particularly creepy book. But that's more of an enjoyable kind of fear. ;)

I'm not really scared of anything physical. Hell, I'm not even afraid of dying if I've lived a meaningful life. What I am afraid of though is rejection and loneliness. I used to experience both all the time, but not so much anymore since my life is getting better. I'm always afraid of going back to those days and being miserable. That is my greatest fear.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I've got a huge fear of heights and a fear of falling. Funnily enough, I can do roller coasters no problem, but put me anywhere even 20 feet up to where I have to stand and I'll freak out.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I'm afraid of many things, but clowns are number one and always will be. :sadshoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gardevoir lover

Needles...

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Needles...

I'm the opposite. I actually like them. Probably why I had so many piercings (down to three now), a tattoo and actually look forward to getting shots or blood drawn in hospitals. :shoe:

The Chocolateholic of CR

Jakuzure Nonon wrote:
I'm afraid of many things, but clowns are number one and always will be. :sadshoe:

You are scared of clowns? I hate clowns.

My fear of snakes came from the Anaconda movie. And the spiders? I guess from IT. The movie IT.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Anthony wrote:
Jakuzure Nonon wrote:

You are scared of clowns? I hate clowns.

My fear of snakes came from the Anaconda movie. And the spiders? I guess from IT. The movie IT.

IT... dear god Pennywise scares me so much. Whenever my boyfriend and I watch IT, I always look away when Pennywise comes up. :sadshoe:

Spiders. Snakes. Bugs. Heights - pretty badly, I can't even step onto our balcony (2nd Floor/3rd Floor, depending on where you live and you count the ground floor as the 1st Floor) without feeling veeeery uncomfortable. Also, fear of bodycontact. But I'm working on that last one.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

I have a fear of balloons... Yes I didn't made a mistake, I'm afraid of those balloons that anyone can buy for a party and whatever. I can't figure why though...

I have also afraid of ending up alone for the rest of my life, but it's pretty stupid when I think about it since I'm only 21... Ironicly enough I afraid of being too attached (see dependant) to people.

Last thing, I'm afraid of BANG sound, fireworks especially, I scream as if I was attacked when those pop. I know the origin of this one. My friend used to have a toy gun which "shooted" poping fireworks (it wasn't shooted but you probably understand the idea, it just did the sound very loudly because of mini fireworks that I don't know the term in english). So yeah, we played together and when she "fired" I just panicked since it really sounded like a real one and ran, hide somewhere and started to cry.

So yeah toys back then...
Please don't hit me...

Quote:
I have a fear of balloons... Yes I didn't made a mistake, I'm afraid of those balloons that anyone can buy for a party and whatever. I can't figure why though...

Maybe you watched the Mini Series of Stephen King's IT...

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Maybe you watched the Mini Series of Stephen King's IT...

C-A

Nah I'm afraid of these thing since I was... well as far as I can remember. Also this serie doen't ring any bell.
Please don't hit me...

Master of sharp things!

I hate heights, especially when there's nothing between you and the edge. It's one thing to be on a roof with a fence or barrier between you and the ledge, it's another to be on one with open edges where one misstep means you're a sidewalk pancake. I'm even fine on planes, it's just open heights that freak me out.

Gardevoir lover

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
I hate heights, especially when there's nothing between you and the edge. It's one thing to be on a roof with a fence or barrier between you and the ledge, it's another to be on one with open edges where one misstep means you're a sidewalk pancake. I'm even fine on planes, it's just open heights that freak me out.

Even if there's a fence i still feel freaked out, i just can't handle being in high places.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

You know, a Mario game!

I'm not really afraid of heights, I'm moreso afraid of falling. I've never been on a plane, but I don't think I'd mind, as there's no chance of me falling to my doom. As long as there's something separating me from a disney villain death, I'm okay with it.
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

I'm not too fond of heights. I don't like syringes either, I feel quite tense when I'm to be pricked, but I'm actually easy to steal blood from. I always go "Oh, I hate needles", but in a quite calm way. The words and the tone don't match up.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I'm not too fond of heights. I don't like syringes either, I feel quite tense when I'm to be pricked, but I'm actually easy to steal blood from. I always go "Oh, I hate needles", but in a quite calm way. The words and the tone don't match up.

I can't stand heights either, if I can avoid heights I will.

High level play

I really REALLY hate hospitals. I don't hope to offend anyone who works there, but what I experienced there scarred me for life.

When I was 12 I had appendicitis. Normally this takes about 3 to 5 days to cure, but due lots of mistakes (and some bad luck I guess) it took me 8 weeks to be 'clinically cured'. Needless to say during this time I was on the verge of death many times, otherwise it wouldn't take 8 weeks to recover.

Over these 8 weeks my body lost all it's strength. Walking down the hallway was a proud achievement that time and oh god walking hurt so much back then. When you spend so much time there being miserable you start to despise it, the smell of the corridors, when the drip brakes again, the horrible food everything. Not to mention I had some terrible nurses who (even when there were 6 kids on an entire floor) ignored you and saw you as an nuisance instead of a sick kid.

During these 8 weeks I had 5 intense operations. 2 trying to remove my appendix and the filth around it, 1 where they succeeded and 2 operations where they inserted tubes into my body to drain the filth produced by a infected appendix. There even was 1 ball with filth(abscess) literally as big as a tennis ball inside me. Not to mention that when the first tube was going to be inserted I was so sick the doctors thought the morphine would make me too sick, so I wasn't sedated during that operation. Ever puked out of extreme pain? Because I did for a straight hour. Never lost consciousness during the operation too, even though I wished desperately for that to happen.

When I go to a hospital now to visit people I still feel my stomach clench. Especially when you smell that distinct hospital stench (the one old and/or sick people somehow produce) I immediately feel nauseous. Wikipedia says it's called Nosocomephobia.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Quote:
Ever puked out of extreme pain?

Not out of extreme pain, I think, No... I tended to puke and get diarrhea whenever I got my very-irregular period before I started taking the pill. I guess it was the hormonal change in my body that caused it.

OmG, eight weeks in a hospital sounds horrible. I can barely stand it for 5 days anymore, I'd rather leave AMA. I think the longest stint was 18 days, due to a digestion problem that had to be dealt with via both ends... the memories still make me gag and cry.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

Sjibbey wrote:
I really REALLY hate hospitals.

I feel you pain man. Though for totaly different reasons. Medicinal machine drive me nuts and the smell of death is suffocating for me (seeing all those people suffering and even some for freakin nothing!). The only memories I have from these places are when I see people in the verge of death. So nice impression.

I'm afraid of doctors because I'm always afraid that they will put me under "special" care, and by that I mean, putting me in the nut house or making me go through psycho thingy things. I don't know why the heck I have this fear, maybe because I often think that I have some mental disease or disorder or maybe because I, myself, sometime thinks of things that are just no or because of all those people telling me that the reason I'm different from them is that I'm "special". creepy eh? I guess I can be a bit paranoid some times.
Please don't hit me...

High level play

Shao-Mae wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
I really REALLY hate hospitals.

I feel you pain man. Though for totaly different reasons. Medicinal machine drive me nuts and the smell of death is suffocating for me (seeing all those people suffering and even some for freakin nothing!). The only memories I have from these places are when I see people in the verge of death. So nice impression.

I'm afraid of doctors because I'm always afraid that they will put me under "special" care, and by that I mean, putting me in the nut house or making me go through psycho thingy things. I don't know why the heck I have this fear, maybe because I often think that I have some mental disease or disorder or maybe because I, myself, sometime thinks of things that are just no or because of all those people telling me that the reason I'm different from them is that I'm "special". creepy eh? I guess I can be a bit paranoid some times.

You shouldn't worry too much about being thrown into a 'special care facility'. I don't know where you're from and how your healthcare works, but here they don't put you in a 'special care facility' for a mental disorder or being a bit paranoid. You could get counseling for that though, but that would be on a voluntary basis.

Let me give you a good example on the qualifications to be send to a 'special care facility' here in the Netherlands. A friend of a friend of mine is slightly autistic. Despite this he's a completely normal dude, although not too smart and tends to go overboard with his hobbies (which are street racing cars, but low budget). He got into some fights with his parents about spending to much on his car, but every teenager has troubles with his parents. It got problematic when he started to use drugs, a lot. This addiction spread within a year from 1 or 2 joints a week to doing hard-drugs regularly. To fuel his new addiction he had to steal money from his parents to pay his debts. The kind of debts that ask you to pay up, or beat someone up to get a week extension for paying it (if you refuse, you get to be on this list).

So to recap: slightly autistic, problematic home situation, low profile criminal (violence and stealing from parents), drug-addict and in debt. This was considered a 'light' case for the mental institution, meaning he was probably best off when compared to the other 'residents' there.
So unless you can match this list or trump it you won't get thrown into a mental facility so easily.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Sjibbey wrote:
You shouldn't worry too much about being thrown into a 'special care facility'. I don't know where you're from and how your healthcare works, but here they don't put you in a 'special care facility' for a mental disorder or being a bit paranoid. You could get counseling for that though, but that would be on a voluntary basis.

So to recap: slightly autistic, problematic home situation, low profile criminal (violence and stealing from parents), drug-addict and in debt. This was considered a 'light' case for the mental institution, meaning he was probably best off when compared to the other 'residents' there.
So unless you can match this list or trump it you won't get thrown into a mental facility so easily.

I guess I'm more afraid of people forcing to come clear about my thoughts, since I don't like talking about my emotions and stuff (weird for a girl I know). Also I know I won't end up to mental hospital, I'm just a bit paranoid and when I discover a new mental disease I always think I have it XD.
Please don't hit me...

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, I realized I have some phobias that affect me much more than heights and syringes, I just didn't think of them as phobias, but they are definitely phobia-ish. I get tense and feel a little sick when I hear the mail truck and the slamming of my post drop. That's because I was basically ignoring some bills about a year ago (I was severly depressed) and got some nasty debts. Now those are fixed and all, but I still get heebie jeebies when I hear those things. And doctors. Doctors, doctors. One doctor says one thing, another says a completely different thing, as I noticed in a more concrete way than ever when I was hospitalized a few weeks ago. Knowing I have a doctor's appointment makes me stiff as a board, I'm so rigid my muscles are hard as rocks when I meet the doctors. I feel vulnerable and exposed and I feel I got some nasty things in my journal (and a few contradictions) so meeting a new doctor is the worst.

I really can't handle big groups of people that well, like I always try and hug then nearest wall so I can get away from them all, or I always stay back from the group.

This is also why I don't go to school dances.

Sleeping is my life.

I always hate spiders, ever since I was a child. When I was a kid, a spider crawled onto my face without me noticing it crawling onto my body in the first place. I screamed and ran like a scared little kid.

High level play

shippersdreamer wrote:
I really can't handle big groups of people that well, like I always try and hug then nearest wall so I can get away from them all, or I always stay back from the group.

What is it about big groups of people that makes you uncomfortable then?

Sjibbey wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

Maybe I'm just far too antisocial for my own good but whenever I go to something like parties or dances, I always just feel like it was a really bad idea and I should've just stayed home or something. I just don't feel right going to those type of things.

shippersdreamer wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

Maybe I'm just far too antisocial for my own good but whenever I go to something like parties or dances, I always just feel like it was a really bad idea and I should've just stayed home or something. I just don't feel right going to those type of things.

I feel the same way. A group of 4 people is about as much as I can take. Larger begins to make me feel uncomfortable.

C-A

IT'S HAPPENING

Spiders.

Fuckin' spiders.

Also I was terrified of the Wall/Floormasters in Ocarina of Time as a kid and some of that still lingers today. THEY'RE GIANT DISEMBODIED HANDS, MAN, IT AIN'T RIGHT!! :larry:

You know, a Mario game!

I don't like spiders. I wouldn't say I'm afraid of them, I just don't like them.

I can't stand loud noise. My cousin once took me to a monster truck rally, and I felt like I was going to die. In fact, in school my classroom was so noisy I couldn't concentrate on my work, so I had to do my work in another room.
My Twitter Account

The video game boy; the one who wins

I have social phobia, including fear of public speaking. As a result I'm at times scared of public places as well, and also get a little... almost claustrophobic when I sit at the window in a 2-seat on a train or bus and a stranger sits down next to me,my biggest fear then is that they would get completely distracted by something, or worse yet fall asleep so that I can't get off. And I have a huge fear of spiders, I think it qualifies as a phobia. And another thing I absolutely can't stand is veins, arteries, the heart and stuff like that, when we talked about that on biology classes my legs always turned into spaghetti and my face into a whiter shade of pale, I just think it's really gross for some reason. That is why I hate to take blood tests - not because of the needle or the blood but because it's reminding me I have veins and making a point out of it. Hearing about uteruses and the menstrual cycle makes me react kind of the same way (with the spaghetti legs and paleness), but not nearly as much.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Elevators.
Planes, small/tight places.
Basements.
Being in a place with no windows (!!!!)
I'm the ultimate claustrophobic, so any of the said things can easily make me hyperventilate or panic.

You know, a Mario game!

dangerousoffender wrote:
Elevators.
Planes, small/tight places.
Basements.
Being in a place with no windows (!!!!)
I'm the ultimate claustrophobic, so any of the said things can easily make me hyperventilate or panic.

You see, I'm also claustrophobic, to an extent. I can't stand being in a small room with a bunch of loud people, it makes me feel like I'm going to die. However, for some reason, I enjoy being squeezed tightly, it relaxes me, so I often cover myself in blankets and roll over, causing the blankets to squeeze me.
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Hearing about uteruses and the menstrual cycle makes me react kind of the same way (with the spaghetti legs and paleness), but not nearly as much.

Abortions... Ectopic pregnancies... *Shivers*

The video game boy; the one who wins

LALALALA can't hear you.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Heh heh.

Hmm... Some degree of claustrophobia, considering I can't stand to be in a room without some sort of opening I can't control (case in point: my brother's/dad's car; if I can't open the window, I panic and start feeling like I can't breathe, even though logic tells me I can). Fear of insects and arachnids, which depends quite heavily on distance from the insect/arachnid, ability to kill it if need be, and distance needed to kill it. Fear of death (I can become quite paranoid about this)... And fear of heights/falling should be the last significant one.

That one's weird, though. I usually freeze up if I can see just how far I am from the ground, even if it's only a few feet, but I love high places. It's relaxing, when I'm not busy being scared to death. I'm also quite fine with there not being a barrier between me and pancake-land, again when I'm not panicking. Something about control, there, I think.

... geez, looking back at this I think the only fear not influenced by control/lack of control is the one of insects/arachnids...!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Eccentric.

Crowds -- the bigger they are, the more I feel like panicking.

More than anything else though... Spiders. /ESPECIALLY/ black widows and the wandering spider. My uncle managed to find a frickin' black widow under my dad's workbench in the garage on Sunday. It was dead, but it still made me super-paranoid of going downstairs to my room/the laundry room/the bathroom since they're all fairly close to the garage. A frickin' SHADOW of the clothes I was carrying down to the laundry scared the tar out of me -- that's how bad the paranoia is.

I'm a wuss, and apparently not ashamed to admit it.
Page 1 of 2 [ 56 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices