Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 9[ 337 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

New Gyakuten Saiban: Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Meiji era, Takumi)Topic%20Title

You won't believe it, but the next Gyakuten Saiban game is in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine. No detail is available at the moment, except the title : Dai Gyakuten Saiban : Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken. Apparently, game takes place during the... Meiji Era. For those wondering : it IS Shu Takumi's mysterious new project, teased during the last JP Nintendo Direct (there's even an interview in the mag). It's for the Nintendo 3DS.

Post will be updated as new details come in... In the mean time, here's a 1st scan :

Quote:

Source (via NeoGAF), and whoever's taking care of the CR Twitter right now Ash :p
ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: New Gyakuten Saiban game revealed in FamitsuTopic%20Title

迷探偵

If true: wow, my guess at a GS set in the past, and specifically the Meiji period, was right?!

Expecting something like Yamada Fuutarou's Meiji Dantoudai. Which was awesome.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

Damnit L-A you disappear for so long and then come back with awesome news

:larry: Missed you man.

It's set in the Meiji-period? Good luck localisers XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

First scan is there!

Quote:

ImageImageImage

Well the one on the left definitely somewhat resembles Phoenix, though does anyone else see a resemblance with apollo and the one on the right?. Don't know how I feel about this.

tvmadykid wrote:
Well the one on the left definitely somewhat resembles Phoenix, though does anyone else see a resemblance with apollo and the one on the right?. Don't know how I feel about this.

Yes, someone on GAF also said he looks like a mix of Phoenix and Apollo and younger. And I also think he looks like Apollo without antenna hair.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

1000% Knight

Welp. This is certainly... something. Do we know if this is the same game that the DD team said they were working on?

To be perfectly honest, I can't say I like this idea too much. But Takumi is heading the project, so I'm going to be open-minded and optimistic. (I think mostly I just don't want to have to read everyone speaking in Meiji-era Japanese; AA is already tough enough xD)

I also find it kind of hilarious how the protag is a mix of Nick and Polly AND NO ATHENA, PRAISE THE LORD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

I'm behind the CR twitter account at the moment, by the way ^^'
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I think it's a little to hard to stomach that Phoenix and Apollo's ancestors were acquainted.

Bad Player wrote:
Welp. This is certainly... something. Do we know if this is the same game that the DD team said they were working on?

It says right in the OP that this is Takumi's project, not the DD one.
Ash wrote:

Cool, I'm retweeting it all right now, need to get the info out.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Ash wrote:

You are doing a mighty job.

1000% Knight

Joe4evr wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Was it ever confirmed that they were two separate projects?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Bad Player wrote:
Joe4evr wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Nope, but you'd think so since a lot of the GK crew didn't work on earlier AA games, and that with PLvsPWAA Takumi practically got an entire team from Capcom with him to do the animations and the artstyle as well as a lot of gameplay programming and etc.

I think it's likely Capcom is gonna publish two AA games simultaniously.

--------------------------------------------
My first impressions:
I'm just sad that with how Capcom's been since AAI was being localized and how DD was english-only and digital-only, the chances of this game being localized are slim to none, mostly just because of the cultural difference, unless of course Janet Hsu and her team can succesfully localize this idea into an american or european historic era (DOUBTFUL!)

But anyhow, I like the idea... a bit too... I don't know, 'predictable'(?) that Takumi would go this route after PLvsPWAA. It sounds like it's practically PLvsPWAA2 without Layton in it and a different time-period than when there were witch trials.

Maybe they should've saved Blackquill for this game instead? (my historic knowledge or lack thereof probably shines through here)

But well, I support the idea, totally! Good to see him try to do new things with the IP -- and hey, Awesome they still have Kazuya Nuri doing the artwork! He's the best art director AA has had IMO.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Nope

Well then, I don't want to make any assumptions :P

Quote:
Awesome they still have Kazuya Nuri doing the artwork! He's the best art director AA has had IMO.

Which game(s) did he do?

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Bad Player wrote:
Which game(s) did he do?

He's been doing the art since GS4, and he really is the best!

The Meiji angle catches me off guard, but I'm counting on Takumi's story and plotting being tight no matter what.

Totally not my sig...

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I'm laughing so hard. This is great. This is great. I don't know what to say.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Athena Internet Defense Force

Anyone can post news, right? I shoulda posted this when I got up... :(

Oh well.

I feel like the sword is a bit unsubtle. Hopefully it gets justified otherwise it's just an unnecessarily obvious prop.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

If its localised I have a feeling they will keep it Japanese, rather than make it part of a western country's past.
Also, can I say,that looks like an anime cutscene at the bottom of the scan, BONES again perhaps? :-)

Art Person

Pejafndjsfnndzkvxx :beef:

WHAAAAATTT!!!! This is real, right? Do we finally have news on Takumi's project! Who cares if it's in the Meiji era, it's Takumi's writing, and so it'll be greatly entertaining!

irishmarcoos wrote:
If its localised I have a feeling they will keep it Japanese, rather than make it part of a western country's past.
Also, can I say,that looks like an anime cutscene at the bottom of the scan, BONES again perhaps? :-)

I think that'd be best. It'd be completely stupid to start replacing things. Let ramen be ramen, not hamburgers! :gant:

世界中

This actually sounds amazing omg

But I agree in saying that it'll be a bitch to localise, if it ever does gat localised, that is. (Here's to hoping it does!!)
Maybe Phoenix has Japanese ancestry? :redd:

linkenski wrote:
My first impressions:
I'm just sad that with how Capcom's been since AAI was being localized and how DD was english-only and digital-only, the chances of this game being localized are slim to none, mostly just because of the cultural difference, unless of course Janet Hsu and her team can succesfully localize this idea into an american or european historic era (DOUBTFUL!)

I actually have a possible route Capcom could take for localization: Instead of moving the setting to Japanifornia like every game thus far, since the setting is so closely tied to Japanese history, it would be a good option to keep the setting in Japan. Names would still be localized as per tradition, but might just be better overall to stop pretending they're not in Japan (as that one Awkward Zombie comic criticizes). Since the only link to the current games that we have thus far is that this is Phoenix's ancestor, they're not bound to anything that those state.

And then it wouldn't be a stretch to say that someone between Ryuunosuke and Phoenix immigrated to Japanifornia to keep things not too inconsistent.

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
(I think mostly I just don't want to have to read everyone speaking in Meiji-era Japanese; AA is already tough enough xD)

The spelling (kanji) is a bit different and the wording might be a bit archaic, but Meiji/Taishou Japanese isn't that hard if you can read modern Japanese. At least it's readable, in comparison to kanbun! (though there might be more dialectal talk: a lot of the influential persons in the Meiji period came from Kyushu for obvious historical reasons).

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I feel like the sword is a bit unsubtle. Hopefully it gets justified otherwise it's just an unnecessarily obvious prop.

Historically, defense attorneys fell under the Shihoushou (Ministry of Justice), and law enforcement officials/people in the military were allowed to carry swords.

Ash wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
(I think mostly I just don't want to have to read everyone speaking in Meiji-era Japanese; AA is already tough enough xD)

The spelling (kanji) is a bit different and the wording might be a bit archaic, but Meiji/Taishou Japanese isn't that hard if you can read modern Japanese. At least it's readable, in comparison to kanbun! (though there might be more dialectal talk: a lot of the influential persons in the Meiji period came from Kyushu for obvious historical reasons).

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Historically, defense attorneys fell under the Shihoushou (Ministry of Justice), and law enforcement officials/people in the military were allowed to carry swords.

Really? So the prosecution and defense would be state-appointed? That's interesting.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I feel like I want this translated and available in NA and EU but not ~localized~ as per the comments so far

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

I'm really excited for this, but it's sad that it probably won't be localized. If it is, they'd have to just say that the game takes place in Japan. No way around it

And linkenski, it looks like those are Phoenix and Apollo's ancestors. Maybe Blackquill will get one? (I actually doubt it since Simon isn't Takumi's character. Also, it would be lame if every character in this game was an ancestor. I understand using Phoenix to have a connection to past games, but I don't want an ancestor Apollo, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, etc)

jaydrick0620 wrote:
I feel like I want this translated and available in NA and EU but not ~localized~ as per the comments so far

If they don't localize it (and I really hope they don't, despite the logistical difficulties I'm about to get into), they're going to have to come up with a sound way to explain why he's a Naruhodou.

Blah!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

If they don't localize it (and I really hope they don't, despite the logistical difficulties I'm about to get into), they're going to have to come up with a sound way to explain why he's a Naruhodou.

Migration happens all the time; it wouldn't be hard to explain. Remember that Japanese-Americans were common enough on the west coast that the US placed them in camps during WWII, "just in case".

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

This is why I said "names would still be localized, as per tradition". Yes, it would be a little more out of place, but I really wouldn't want to play an AA game without understandable puns for the characters' names.

By the way, isn't this story way older than the Meiji era?

The Law 'Shark'

Well, Capcom has my interest - this could be quite an interesting title if done right!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

If this is localized, it'll still be in Japan, don't worry about that.

I'm not sure how to react to this...on one hand, it seems like it can be full of possibilities, and on the other hand, it feels fairly limited (fingerprints and luxuries like that are a no-go). One also has to wonder how much of the game will focus on the new protagonist being an ancestor of Phoenix.

It's definitely "completely different" though, I'll say that much, so I'm fairly sure everyone involved has a plan for what the game is going to look like/play like/be about.

迷探偵

Joe4evr wrote:
By the way, isn't this story way older than the Meiji era?

Yes, it's older. Also, it's not Japanese.

So his assistant will be Ami Fey? I swear if those two shag, it'll be very, very creepy, and Phoenix and Maya's relationship would be very different.

Gardevoir lover

I really wanted to have more Apollo but this is okay too, can't say i'm not excited.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Blah!

Thane wrote:
So his assistant will be Ami Fey? I swear if those two shag, it'll be very, very creepy.

Uhhhhhh.
Wikipedia wrote:
The Meiji period (明治時代 Meiji-jidai?), also known as the Meiji era, is a Japanese era which extended from September 1868 through July 1912.

So, no. I wonder if they will have a Fey ancestor in the game though.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

Migration happens all the time; it wouldn't be hard to explain. Remember that Japanese-Americans were common enough on the west coast that the US placed them in camps during WWII, "just in case".

Honestly I don't know why I started this line of discussion. It's not really something that requires too much thought. I think I just like to talk.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Thane wrote:
So his assistant will be Ami Fey? I swear if those two shag, it'll be very, very creepy.

Uhhhhhh.
Wikipedia wrote:
The Meiji period (明治時代 Meiji-jidai?), also known as the Meiji era, is a Japanese era which extended from September 1868 through July 1912.

When did Ami Fey live? Also, of course we'll have a spirit medium in the game somewhere!

Oh, I wonder if we'll get any Steel Samurai references somehow...Manella's ancestor, anyone?

Beauty and grace.

but actually though

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

We're watching a few episodes of for Japanese class, and... while Meiji-era speak is manageable, modern Japanese would still be easier xD

Thane wrote:
I'm not sure how to react to this...on one hand, it seems like it can be full of possibilities, and on the other hand, it feels fairly limited (fingerprints and luxuries like that are a no-go).

That's what I thought, too, but Takumi has shown in PLvAA that he's more than capable of making good mysteries within strange limitations, so I'm going to be optimistic about this one.

Gardevoir lover

Thane wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Thane wrote:

Uhhhhhh.
Wikipedia wrote:

When did Ami Fey live? Also, of course we'll have a spirit medium in the game somewhere!

Oh, I wonder if we'll get any Steel Samurai references somehow...Manella's ancestor, anyone?

"I have an idea for a play!"
...Were TV around during this era?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

元・超会社員級の管理人

The news always breaks when I'm sleeping, darn it. Thanks for the heads-up, L~A!

On topic - wow, did not see this one coming, but that's really interesting! I can't help but get a few vibes of PLvsPW from the concept; I'm looking forward to seeing what Takumi can do with a true "historical mystery".
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Page 1 of 9 [ 337 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes