Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 10 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know what REALLY Grinds my gears?

When somebody dares to take what should had been belong to somebody else.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
You know what REALLY Grinds my gears?

When somebody dares to take what should had been belong to somebody else.

Normally there's laws preventing that :-P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know what else really GRIND my gears?

YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU!
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

You know, a Mario game!

Anthony wrote:

YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU!

Ah, the days when Family Guy was actually good, I miss those days. I think it's hilarious how Family Guy always makes fun of The Simpsons for its quality deteriorating over the years when the same thing is happening to them.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Anthony wrote:

YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU!

Ah, the days when Family Guy was actually good, I miss those days. I think it's hilarious how Family Guy always makes fun of The Simpsons for its quality deteriorating over the years when the same thing is happening to them.

In like half the time too.
That's just the breaks I guess, doesn't Seth McFarlane utterly hate the Simpsons? Or is that the South Park folks I'm thinking of.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Anthony wrote:

YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU!

In like half the time too.
That's just the breaks I guess, doesn't Seth McFarlane utterly hate the Simpsons? Or is that the South Park folks I'm thinking of.

It's actually southpark that he feuds with. Trey and Matt hate it when they compare Eric Cartman to Stewie.

Quote:
Trey and Matt hate it when they compare Eric Cartman to Stewie.

Difference between Eric Cartman and Stewie, is that Stewie is actually somewhat likeable.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Man I'm not sure how they make that comparison :ron: Cartman is...significantly worse than Stewie I'd say.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know what grinds my gears?

Smokers and not stomping out their damn cigarettes.

Okay, I don't smoke myself, I grew up with a smoker, but my mother quit about 7 or 8 years ago... or... almost 10 years ago, anyway. I overall have nothing against the smoke, sometimes it can even smell rather nice, depends on the brand I guess. And smoking around a bus stop is fine by me and all, if your smoke gets blown into my face due to wind, I'll gladly stand somewhere else. But at least stomp that shit out when you don't smoke it anymore.
It's not THAT difficult to drop the cigarette on the ground and step on it when you approach the bus or similar.
Don't just chuck it somewhere to the side where it continues to burn.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

Okay, I don't smoke myself, I grew up with a smoker, but my mother quit about 7 or 8 years ago... or... almost 10 years ago, anyway. I overall have nothing against the smoke, sometimes it can even smell rather nice, depends on the brand I guess. And smoking around a bus stop is fine by me and all, if your smoke gets blown into my face due to wind, I'll gladly stand somewhere else. But at least stomp that shit out when you don't smoke it anymore.
It's not THAT difficult to drop the cigarette on the ground and step on it when you approach the bus or similar.

C-A

I concur, it bothers me too, I go out of my way to stomp it out for others because it's just sad to see.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

But... but... how will all the ROGUISH teenagers get their nicotine fix?! :larry:

(I'm only half-joking about this one. Once, when I was waiting outside of a public gym, I saw part of a cigarette with little traces of smoke rising from it. A sixteen-year-old girl came up, saw the cigarette, picked it up, put it into her mouth, and fully re-lit it. Now, I'll admit the 'part' was like 7/8 of a full cigarette and only slightly crumpled, but 1) nobody knows just how long it was on the ground, could have been five minutes or more, 2) no one knows whose mouth was on that, and 3) considering it -was- slightly crumpled, it suggests somebody -did- attempt to stomp it out with their shoe... where you have no idea what is crawling on the underside of the sole. I guess I should be glad I wasn't that desperate.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Sierra Mikain wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

But... but... how will all the ROGUISH teenagers get their nicotine fix?! :larry:

(I'm only half-joking about this one. Once, when I was waiting outside of a public gym, I saw part of a cigarette with little traces of smoke rising from it. A sixteen-year-old girl came up, saw the cigarette, picked it up, put it into her mouth, and fully re-lit it. Now, I'll admit the 'part' was like 7/8 of a full cigarette and only slightly crumpled, but 1) nobody knows just how long it was on the ground, could have been five minutes or more, 2) no one knows whose mouth was on that, and 3) considering it -was- slightly crumpled, it suggests somebody -did- attempt to stomp it out with their shoe... where you have no idea what is crawling on the underside of the sole. I guess I should be glad I wasn't that desperate.)

Oh God I think I'd be reeling in disgust at that, like...why would you ever put anything on the ground, the OUTSIDE GROUND (as opposed to like a chocolate button recently on a clean kitchen floor), in your mouth, gods I think I'd probably have whacked it out her hand if I'd been that that's just unbelievable!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:

Any moron who is dumb enough to put something like that in their mouth deserves to get a coldsore, herpes, a VD or whatever you may get from that. Nothing against kids, you know 3 - 9ish years old, putting stuff in their mouth, they don't know any better and it can help in strengthening the immune system - but once you hit your teens, you should know better.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I concur, it bothers me too, I go out of my way to stomp it out for others because it's just sad to see.

I hate smoking with a fiery passion and i especially hate when they don't stomp out there cigarettes which is why everytime Im waiting at a bus stop or anywhere and I see someone not stop out their cigarette I literally look at them dead in the eye with a stern look and stomp it out myself right in their face.

You know, a Mario game!

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I hate smoking with a fiery passion and i especially hate when they don't stomp out there cigarettes which is why everytime Im waiting at a bus stop or anywhere and I see someone not stop out their cigarette I literally look at them dead in the eye with a stern look and stomp it out myself right in their face.

I also hate smoking, my aunts and uncles smoke, my mother is one of the only members of her immediate family who doesn't smoke. Well, at leas not anymore. She quit the year after she got married. I don't get why kids nowadays continue to start smoking when school is constantly telling you why cigarettes are bad for you. I mean seriously, when I was in school, nearly every year we had to do research on why smoking was bad, and yet kids still start! Do they WANT to get lung cancer or something?! The government of Canada made an interactive website explaining facts about smoking for kids to deter them from doing it. It's called stupid.ca. Yes, they outright say in the website's name how stupid of a decision smoking is.
My Twitter Account

You know, a Mario game!

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I also hate smoking, my aunts and uncles smoke, my mother is one of the only members of her immediate family who doesn't smoke. Well, at leas not anymore. She quit the year after she got married. I don't get why kids nowadays continue to start smoking when school is constantly telling you why cigarettes are bad for you. I mean seriously, when I was in school, nearly every year we had to do research on why smoking was bad, and yet kids still start! Do they WANT to get lung cancer or something?! The government of Canada made an interactive website explaining facts about smoking for kids to deter them from doing it. It's called stupid.ca. Yes, they outright say in the website's name how stupid of a decision smoking is.
My Twitter Account

Kids start smoking cause they ARE dumb. Also, kids - or even adults - don't care if they get black lungs, they can't SEE their lungs, so for them, there is no problem.

C-A

dimentiorules wrote:
Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
Pierre wrote:

My grandmother used to smoke for 60+ years but im finally happy its been 2 years since she quit smoking and you could now see a huge difference in health.

Its because kids these days are easily peer-pressured into doing things which leads to them smoking or doing drugs. Me and my co-worker yesterday were actually talking about this yesterday and how he admitted to me that he started smoking because of peer pressure. Also sometimes when kids are told not to do something they end up doing it anyways because they are rebellious.

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know what grinds my gear?

Everything that can grinds my gears.

The Real Human Being

Anthony wrote:
You know what grinds my gear?

Everything that can grinds my gears.

Read the first post m8

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? Assumptions that, in the words of one of the main villains from Persona 4, "this world's gone straight to [censored]" because of "kids these days." Look, I'll grant that there are some people in the newer generation that really don't know what they're doing, but the same holds true for the older generations. For every naïve youngster with a bold--but ultimately unattainable--new dream for society, you can find at least one grouchy old-timer who has deluded himself into thinking things were perfect back in his day or at least that things are getting worse. I can't speak for every country, but in the United States, among other things, teen pregnancy rates are declining, fewer people smoke now (don't get me started on how many people blackened their lungs in your day, gramps), and the violent crime rate is the lowest it's been since 1968 and has on average been going down since 1992. Yeah, the values you hold dear might not be the ones we all hold dear, but all things considered, we're doing a lot better than you give us credit for.
I'll always love you, Max.

Ace Explorer

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Assumptions that, in the words of one of the main villains from Persona 4, "this world's gone straight to [censored]" because of "kids these days." Look, I'll grant that there are some people in the newer generation that really don't know what they're doing, but the same holds true for the older generations. For every naïve youngster with a bold--but ultimately unattainable--new dream for society, you can find at least one grouchy old-timer who has deluded himself into thinking things were perfect back in his day or at least that things are getting worse. I can't speak for every country, but in the United States, among other things, teen pregnancy rates are declining, fewer people smoke now (don't get me started on how many people blackened their lungs in your day, gramps), and the violent crime rate is the lowest it's been since 1968 and has on average been going down since 1992. Yeah, the values you hold dear might not be the ones we all hold dear, but all things considered, we're doing a lot better than you give us credit for.

THIS. This so much! Take this congratulatory GIF.
Well? Are we going or what?

You know what really grinds my gears?

Moronic people in public!

This ranges to all sorts of things. Like those groups of three - or just two - people who can take over the entire sidewalk or passge you're trying to walk on and their jostling and pushing each other playfully just prevents you from getting through there.
Or those morons at a mall!
Okay, so the entrance is a double door from the train station location. One of those doors is open, staying open and all. Everyone can see that there's a larger group of people wanting to go into the mall and there are people waiting on the inside, trying to get out. DURR, I'm too stoopid to realize there's A SECOND DOOR RIGHT NEXT TO ME that I can OPEN VERY EASILY, meaning a lot more people can move in or out. NO, everybody's too dumb to do that and prefers to take longer by going through one door, blocking other people, instead of two doors with more space.
Or the bus doors!
Okay, we have two types of busses. Those where you have to press a button to open the door, kindly labeled with a picture of the door opening, next to the button to keep the door open longer for strollers or wheelchairs to come in. And those that only have the wheelchair button and the doors open automatically when the bus stops at the station.
Why is it that morons KEEP PUSHING THE WHEELCHAIR BUTTON when that's the only one there!? That button isn't opening the doors, it's the fucking DRIVER who's doing that!!

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Well, I guess buses must work differently in Germany than here. In Canada, there's a lever that the bus driver pulls to open the doors, and he pushes it back into place to close them. It's all manual. At least, that's what I saw on my school bus back when I went to school, not sure about public transit buses.
My Twitter Account

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:

This ranges to all sorts of things. Like those groups of three - or just two - people who can take over the entire sidewalk or passge you're trying to walk on and their jostling and pushing each other playfully just prevents you from getting through there.
Okay, so the entrance is a double door from the train station location. One of those doors is open, staying open and all. Everyone can see that there's a larger group of people wanting to go into the mall and there are people waiting on the inside, trying to get out. DURR, I'm too stoopid to realize there's A SECOND DOOR RIGHT NEXT TO ME that I can OPEN VERY EASILY, meaning a lot more people can move in or out. NO, everybody's too dumb to do that and prefers to take longer by going through one door, blocking other people, instead of two doors with more space.
Or the bus doors!
Okay, we have two types of busses. Those where you have to press a button to open the door, kindly labeled with a picture of the door opening, next to the button to keep the door open longer for strollers or wheelchairs to come in. And those that only have the wheelchair button and the doors open automatically when the bus stops at the station.
Why is it that morons KEEP PUSHING THE WHEELCHAIR BUTTON when that's the only one there!? That button isn't opening the doors, it's the fucking DRIVER who's doing that!!

C-A

A favorite of mine in college would have to be those people who blocked hallways by stopping to chat with their friends. I've been late for class on more than one occasion thanks to the human traffic jams they've caused.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Or the bus doors!

C-A

A favorite of mine in college would have to be those people who blocked hallways by stopping to chat with their friends. I've been late for class on more than one occasion thanks to the human traffic jams they've caused.

>highschool
>DoMaya big man
>walking home
>by myself
>6 jr high kids walking shoulder to shoulder
>going the opposite way I'm going
>See other high school students go around them
>see the jr high kids with smiles on their faces
>laughing at making older kids walk off the curb
>not me
>Bulldoze right between them
>red rover champ
>one of them falls
>they get pissed
>tell them they don't own the sidewalk
>keep walking
>laughing my ass off
>mfw they saw me the next day and split up

Did I look like an asshole pushing kids out of my way?
Absolutely.
Did I care?
Fuck no.

DoMaya wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Or the bus doors!

C-A

>highschool
>DoMaya big man
>walking home
>by myself
>6 jr high kids walking shoulder to shoulder
>going the opposite way I'm going
>See other high school students go around them
>see the jr high kids with smiles on their faces
>laughing at making older kids walk off the curb
>not me
>Bulldoze right between them
>red rover champ
>one of them falls
>they get pissed
>tell them they don't own the sidewalk
>keep walking
>laughing my ass off
>mfw they saw me the next day and split up

Did I look like an asshole pushing kids out of my way?
Absolutely.
Did I care?
Fuck no.

And that's why you are the man haha :redd:

The Chocolateholic of CR

What grinds my gears?

Games that never make any god damn sense.
Games that have horrible endings to a game.
Negative people *coughcacough*

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
What grinds my gears?

Games that never make any god damn sense.
Games that have horrible endings to a game.
Negative people *coughcacough*

*rolls up sleeves*

It's go-time Anthony, defend your opinion in a way that makes sense in the other thread.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

You know what grind my gears? Mirrors, because of reasons.
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
You know what grind my gears? Mirrors, because of that film Mirrors which means I can never look in one without fear again.

^ Fixed
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

*Gasp* You found my reason! XD (Never saw the movie actually since I'm such a wuss.)
Please don't hit me...

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know what really grinds my gears? NOW.

NOW as in the music NOW it used to be cool but now these new bands and songs are fucking stupid as fucking hell. NOW MUST HELL!

Anthony wrote:

NOW as in the music NOW it used to be cool but now these new bands and songs are fucking stupid as fucking hell. NOW MUST HELL!

People who talk about how the next generation of music is stupider than previous generations. :-P There's always been shitty music, and there have always been bad artists. But sometimes it depends on where the spotlight shines.

(Though I kind of agree there isn't a whole lot of quality music in the mainstream these days. Not because I think shitty music is a new thing. It just seems no one cares anymore about experimenting or about any piece of music that's longer than three minutes, is played with real instruments, isn't about conditional love sex obsession lust infatuation false promises romance, or doesn't have words in it. Unless you go underground, of course.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Chocolateholic of CR

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Anthony wrote:

People who talk about how the next generation of music is stupider than previous generations. :-P There's always been shitty music, and there have always been bad artists. But sometimes it depends on where the spotlight shines.

(Though I kind of agree there isn't a whole lot of quality music in the mainstream these days. Not because I think shitty music is a new thing. It just seems no one cares anymore about experimenting or about any piece of music that's longer than three minutes, is played with real instruments, isn't about conditional love sex obsession lust infatuation false promises romance, or doesn't have words in it. Unless you go underground, of course.)

This also goes for Kidz Bop.

I told myself if they EVER did a Kid song version of any of the songs I like I will literally NEVER get them for my future kids.

In Justice We Trust

Classic case of nostalgia filtering there, Sierra. People who long for the older styles of music tend to only remember the really good stuff. For every great song that everyone remembers, there are at least a hundred ordinary ones that are quickly forgotten and at least a thousand bad ones that no one wants to remember.

The current music isn't necessarily BAD... sure, there are some that are annoying to listen to - like that one woman's "Is it wrong?" song or something... I only hear radio at times, I don't know the title or musicians. My mom likes that Blurred Lines song cause she likes the rhythm and beat... I personally think I can't understand a word he says, it sounds like "menuwhanene..., mheanwhuhnanana Blurred Lines~" and that's it.

Some of today's music is nice. I like that "Give me a Reason" from Pink and that crossover. Although I'll be honest, after hearing an English vocaloid cover of it with Luka and Kaito, I gotta say I prefer their version... the higher voice just fits...

C-A

Anthony wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:
Anthony wrote:

This also goes for Kidz Bop.

I told myself if they EVER did a Kid song version of any of the songs I like I will literally NEVER get them for my future kids.

Ugh. There is no excuse for the existence of the shitty abomination that is Kidz Bop. If I wanted sanitized versions of songs about adult/sexual relationships or children being shot at school, I'd watch it on Comedy Central or some silly youtube channel. It might be tasteless, but at least there'd be a point to it.

The only thing worse than Kidz Bop is fact that someone thought to do it forty-eight or so more times. The hell is wrong with these people? Is it punishment for popular artists?

...NAILED IT

You know, a Mario game!

Kidz Bop is the musical equivalent of 4Kids. If you want to know more about why they suck, read this article.
My Twitter Account

Last edited by dimentiorules on Thu May 08, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dimentiorules wrote:
BTW, how do you make normal text into a link so you don't have to see that overly long URL? I want to make it so if you click the words "This article", it links you to the article. I've seen other posters do it, and I want to know how to do it myself.

Click the URL button. At the first [URL], add a = and the link. [URL=(overlylonglink.de)] the words (second URL button) and it should highlight just the words you want.

C-A
Page 10 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices