Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 19 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

IIRC she has the highest magic stat out of your party members and learns all the party heals sooner than the only other member that learns party heals.

She's the only party member to learn Wind magic. Not only does that help balance out your team, the other healer learns Lightning magic, and since Akihiko is easily the best party member in the game, the other healer's magic is redundant.

Yukari is basically a somewhat weaker version of Yukiko.

Her magic isn't all that impressive, especially since you can't use it against the one where it matters (Elizabeth/Theodore). The storyline bosses are jokes, so it doesn't help much if she's strong in magic. I can easily create a wind using persona early on *and* easily create a wind + other-element using Persona pretty fast, too. Faster than she learns Media, that's for sure.

By the way, has anyone ever seen a SEES party member ACTUALLY take a mortal blow for the main character? I've seen it happen dozens of times in P4, but never in P3 and after Yakushima, you get to the stage where it says they WOULD take mortal blow for you.

C-A

Going by that logic, you might as well say ALL the party members are useless since the main character can make stronger Personas than any of them. :ron:

Quote:
By the way, has anyone ever seen a SEES party member ACTUALLY take a mortal blow for the main character?

Yes.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Going by that logic, you might as well say ALL the party members are useless since the main character can make stronger Personas than any of them. :ron:

Quote:
By the way, has anyone ever seen a SEES party member ACTUALLY take a mortal blow for the main character?

Yes.

Difference is that they are not supposed to be my main source of non-item healing.

And really? They never did for me, in both my playthroughs...

C-A

PS: I'm currently on summer vacation in my P3P LP and... Sooooo boring....!

Huh, I'm watching Episode one of Persona 4 again, because why the fuck not, and I noticed when they pull into the gas station asks Dojima if they're going on a trip he says: "No, I just picked my nephew up at the airport". Whoops.

So I decided that I'm gonna give Persona 4 a chance so I hope I don't regret it haha.

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
So I decided that I'm gonna give Persona 4 a chance so I hope I don't regret it haha.

You won't. Don't worry.

builderkid107 wrote:
Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:

You won't. Don't worry.

I'll play it once I'm finished with Corpse party,Corpse party:Book of shadows, and Oreimo.

I just found this image for Persona 4 and it's creepy-hilarious.
No Spoilers.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I just found this image for Persona 4 and it's creepy-hilarious.
No Spoilers.

C-A

I saw this on Reddit last month. As usual.

I just read a summarized sentence of the Ending of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. Oops. I dunno if that is such a big deal, though, considering I knew how Persona 2: Innocent Sin ends... pretty much. I... I knew what started EP.

C-A

So, I just read this about Teddie for Persona 4...

Spoiler: Persona 4 and Persona 3 Spoilers I guess
Teddie's human form on the other hand is an Expy of Ryoji Mochizuki from Persona 3, in personality, personal struggle and partially their eventual role in the story.

Um... what? I can see the similarity in that both may try to (unsuccessfully) flirt with the opposite sex and all. But the rest doesn't make sense. Heck, that first one doesn't look anything like the second person! Even if you made the second one blonde, they'd still look nothing alike! I don't know if they sound similar yet, cause my undubbed P3P run isn't that far yet.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
So, I just read this about Teddie for Persona 4...

Spoiler: Persona 4 and Persona 3 Spoilers I guess
Teddie's human form on the other hand is an Expy of Ryoji Mochizuki from Persona 3, in personality, personal struggle and partially their eventual role in the story.

Um... what? I can see the similarity in that both may try to (unsuccessfully) flirt with the opposite sex and all. But the rest doesn't make sense. Heck, that first one doesn't look anything like the second person! Even if you made the second one blonde, they'd still look nothing alike! I don't know if they sound similar yet, cause my undubbed P3P run isn't that far yet.

C-A

Spoiler: P3, P4G
Well, Ted does wear a shirt similar to Pharos' in the Golden epilogue and I can see a couple other similarities, but going as far as calling him an expy is a bit of a stretch.

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: large image
That's it. I'm done with this game.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I don't remember that happening... then again, I quickly gave up on watching the recorded footage... and I had the PSP version, so it probably did happen but in "Semi-visual novel" style that I forgot.

C-A

I believe that's the weight-loss/tickle belt scene.

Wait, no, Yukari wasn't there for that. Hmm...

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I believe that's the weight-loss/tickle belt scene.

Wait, no, Yukari wasn't there for that. Hmm...

It's the Maid outfit one.

So, you all should watch this video.

It has Teddie, so no. Unless the car explodes on his side at the end, in which case I will cackle madly.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
It has Teddie, so no. Unless the car explodes on his side at the end, in which case I will cackle madly.

C-A

Did it?

All I saw was some weird animation of what I guess was the Pixie Persona dancing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I don't know, cause I didn't pay much attention. Things tend to get ignored if they involve Teddie. Hate that furball. His story isn't very interesting (at least nothing that I haven't heard a million times already) his voice is annoying (I KNOW Kappei Yamaguchi can do a good voice, even his shota-ish voice I can tolerate, but here it's just like scratching a blackboard with nails - I'd prefer his voice for Hibiya from TokiMemo to this) and his skills aren't that great. Also that annoying "pot pot" sound when he walks.

And can someone tell me why Yukiko and Teddie, the two healers of the group DON'T lose their Weakness if I max their Links?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I don't know, cause I didn't pay much attention. Things tend to get ignored if they involve Teddie. Hate that furball. His story isn't very interesting (at least nothing that I haven't heard a million times already) his voice is annoying (I KNOW Kappei Yamaguchi can do a good voice, even his shota-ish voice I can tolerate, but here it's just like scratching a blackboard with nails - I'd prefer his voice for Hibiya from TokiMemo to this) and his skills aren't that great. Also that annoying "pot pot" sound when he walks.

And can someone tell me why Yukiko and Teddie, the two healers of the group DON'T lose their Weakness if I max their Links?

C-A

Er...well the video doesn't involve Teddie at all you know.
The gif below his link is completely unrelated to the video.

I think the link involves Pixie, Raidou (??) from another SMT game and some other...thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Maybe because the game designers deemed them too overpowered if they did? Beats me. Nobody loses their weaknesses at max social link in Golden though, so maybe they favored this choice or something?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Er...well the video doesn't involve Teddie at all you know.
The gif below his link is completely unrelated to the video.

I think the link involves Pixie, Raidou (??) from another SMT game and some other...thing.

Yeah, the video is unrelated to the gif. Technically, the video is unrelated to persona, more just SMT, and it's Raidou, Demi-Fiend(from Nocturne) and the Pixie Person/demon dancing to the club music from SMT2.

Gettin' Old!

Man I forgot how fun and adorable Elizabeth could be...and also how tricky she can be to use in P4A.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Man I forgot how fun and adorable Elizabeth could be...and also how tricky she can be to use in P4A.

I know! This is her down sprite:

Adorable.

Gettin' Old!

builderkid107 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Adorable.

Yeah she's in that particular zone of fighting game characters who never actually suffer in their damage, along with Hazama (who fakes it all) and Rachel (whose familiars take the hits for her).

I loved her story in P4A
Spoiler: Persona 4 Arena spoilers
Just casually walking through the game because it sounds like fun and ruining everything for Shadow Labrys was hilarious. XD Then she steps between Shadow Labrys and Yu as they fight and is just like "a moment please, I have some questions about the tournament and this young man too". I mean it's enough to make you feel sorry for a villain with a near omnipotent chaotic good unseen foe waltzes through your traps and machinations to stop you just because they wanted to play.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Adorable.

Yeah she's in that particular zone of fighting game characters who never actually suffer in their damage, along with Hazama (who fakes it all) and Rachel (whose familiars take the hits for her).

I loved her story in P4A
Spoiler: Persona 4 Arena spoilers
Just casually walking through the game because it sounds like fun and ruining everything for Shadow Labrys was hilarious. XD Then she steps between Shadow Labrys and Yu as they fight and is just like "a moment please, I have some questions about the tournament and this young man too". I mean it's enough to make you feel sorry for a villain with a near omnipotent chaotic good unseen foe waltzes through your traps and machinations to stop you just because they wanted to play.

She's so playful, it's infective. I just love her enthusiasm.

Gettin' Old!

Hell man...Rise in P4U2? That's something....interesting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

HOOOOLLYYYY SHIIIIIIIT!

Moderator note: Please keep screen-stretching words and images in spoiler tags.

Just wondering, but do I need to understand the story of Persona 1-3 to understand 4? I have this thing where I HAVE to start at the beginning of every franchise in the order it came out. Because of that, it'll take me decades to play all these huge RPG games. :grey:

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Just wondering, but do I need to understand the story of Persona 1-3 to understand 4? I have this thing where I HAVE to start at the beginning of every franchise in the order it came out. Because of that, it'll take me decades to play all these huge RPG games. :grey:

No. They all take place in the same universe, but with the exception of 1 and 2 sharing a few characters, they're all pretty separate stories.

Persona 4 Arena has characters from 3 and 4 in it, though, despite the name, so I'd suggest playing both of those before Arena if you get to it.

Quote:
No. They all take place in the same universe, but with the exception of 1 and 2 sharing a few characters, they're all pretty separate stories.

Persona 4 Arena has characters from 3 and 4 in it, though, despite the name, so I'd suggest playing both of those before Arena if you get to it.

What I don't understand is why the hell would they release Arena for the Xbox 360 if none of these games are on that console to begin with. I don't have any PlayStation consoles, so I can't play the series. Well, except for the PPSSPP emulator that only works well when it feels like it for me.

I have been playing the original Shin Megami Tensei on iOS though.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
What I don't understand is why the hell would they release Arena for the Xbox 360 if none of these games are on that console to begin with. I don't have any PlayStation consoles, so I can't play the series. Well, except for the PPSSPP emulator that only works well when it feels like it for me.

Well, it's also out for the PS3...
As for Persona 3, it's not entirely necessary to have played that to understand Arena. Strangely enough that game seems to focus more on explaining things about Persona 3, rather than Persona 4 although the latter is part of the title. Then again, the only thing you need to know about Persona 3 to get their motives is the ending.

Which version of PPSSPP do you have, cause I have the 9.5.1 or so and it works just fine for me for my P3P LP. Only downside I noticed is slight lag during Tartarus/Battles (although mostly only while recording the latter) and sometimes the screen takes a bit to catch up with my characters in the Tartarus.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I have no words for this.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:

Ugh just...really? I don't know many more cash cow moves worse than this. Surely this will make a loss for them or will those scenes with the new girl really be such a seller?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Ooooh, I DO hope they include scenes of Narukami tending to the garden now. And show us the Shiroku lady in her spangly dress at night. Because considering Marie's entire purpose in Golden was just filler, anyway, I doubt this will make money. (What am I saying, it's gonna make money who think Marie is awesome for I-don't-know-why)

C-A

Yeah, I didn't care for Marie much. And how many times has this story been told by now? The only thing they could really do is touch on the social links they missed, but I really don't care to see a whole episode dedicated to Yumi hating her dad.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been bad if they just did like a few episodes to cover the extra events and months that happened in Golden, but for a whole reboot so soon just seems ridiculous. It's like they're admitting that Persona 4 sucked and Golden is the only good thing that came out of it. Really, I thought the PS2 version was great on its own, and while I do enjoy the enhanced version, I feel it makes a much better transition as a game rather than as an anime.

Also, Cat, really love your sig. I've been reading that comic for a few years myself and really enjoy it. I feel it's a great interpretation of FF7/ When did you start getting into it and what do you think of it if you don't mind me asking?
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Quote:
Which version of PPSSPP do you have, cause I have the 9.5.1 or so and it works just fine for me for my P3P LP. Only downside I noticed is slight lag during Tartarus/Battles (although mostly only while recording the latter) and sometimes the screen takes a bit to catch up with my characters in the Tartarus.

C-A

The latest version 0.9.8. Though it could be the specs of my machine (Android and PC). I have Persona 1, but haven't tried it yet. Just too busy.

Oh, and I'm subscribed to your YouTube channel in case you didn't know. I really enjoy your let's plays. Ever considered doing regular reviews of games as well?
Page 19 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station