Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Oooh Crisis Core talk? I'm in.

Regarding Genesis? I don't know...he's in there because the team really likes Gackt at the time I think. Crisis Core needed fleshing out is the crux of it and to do that they needed a new villain. The point was to show the events of "7 years ago" from Zack's perspective. They do accomplish that and it is quite interesting, I especially like bits where it shows the more heroic aspects of Sephiroth before he cracked. Also I found Angeal a likeable enough guy but Genesis did seem a bit of a villain because why not.

Spoiler: The Ending
I thought it was beautiful worth a Gaming Oscar. However I find it infuriating that Zack can battle Shinra forces all day in the mountain range with helicopters and missiles going everywhere and yet Reno and Rude are incapable of spotting them at all.

As for the random skills...I found it kept things refreshing and fun enough, liked having such a variety of super moves on the go.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Well, if they wanted to expand on what happened 7 years prior to VII, they could've... I dunno, focused on the Wutai War. You know, the thing that killed Elmyra's husband and such. The Wutai War is barely even mentioned. Instead, we focus on Genesis and his clones. Which... aside from Gackt-I mean Genesis looking cool, and being Gackt basically, is not all that interesting. And of course, anyone who has played VII somewhat, knows how the game actually ends, but...

Spoiler: Crisis Core Ending
I absolutely love-hate the Ending! It makes me cry a lot every time I play it and it's one of those scenes where I don't want to proceed in the game, because I don't want to have to go through it again. But at the same time, I want to play it again because the scene is pretty cool. Especially when the DMW (basically, his mind) begins to malfunction and just stutter and stops at Aerith over and over.
And the music! I LOVE the Price of Freedom! It's a very depressing tune, like you know what you're doing is pointless, but you still try. And Ayaka singing Why is just a fitting song. Also a very sad song, but with a hopeful glint in it. And yes... I think Zack became a hero. *sniff*

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Awww Cat I didn't know you could display such depths of emotion :acro:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
PS: What did you think of how the Ending was executed, btw?

If you mean the part after Genesis left the plot,
Spoiler:
the ending was brilliant. The music, the DMW slowly failing, that last moment of gameplay when Zack is struggling to just move (even though he can combat roll just fine), the moment when the DMV lands on three Aerith faces, giving the player a last bit of hope, only for it to fail as well. This ending has become one of my favorite video game endings ever. Although I still think Zack and Cloud's friendship could have been expanded on a bit more. We saw them interact like what, three times before the Nibelheim incident?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

True, they could've expanded on Zack's interactions with Cloud and Sephiroth, even Aerith. But then, as said, this isn't a good prequel. It expands on Zack a bit, but not a lot. It shows his growing friend/brothership with Cloud, but not a lot. Same with his admiration and becoming somewhat of a friend with Sephiroth, but not a lot. And finally we have some scenes with Aerith, more than with Cloud and Sephiroth, but it's still not... quite a lot. All of those scenes should be much more important than they are, but they are brushed aside for... Genesis. Angeal I don't mind that much. He's basically just the Mentor figure for Zack and gives the Buster Sword a backstory.
Also, according to what I read, Angeal's appearance is the prototype appearance Cloud was supposed to have, before they went with chocobohead.

But the game focuses so much on Genesis and his cloning, it's not a very interesting story to begin with. Also, I find it difficult to find a single person who played Crisis Core and never got annoyed by Genesis constantly quoting Loveless at them. I don't know what the developers were thinking when they made the game - okay, probably VII = $$$ - since it doesn't really add much to the experience of players who have played VII or, people like me, who played VII after Crisis Core. It feels very disconnected from VII itself.

Also, one TINY thing I dislike about the Ending... when Zack talks and Cloud basically reiterates what Zack just said. That's... kind of dumb. Also, Sakurai's scream in the Japanese version was great. The one in English, I forget his voice actor, sounded like he dropped some ice cream - it didn't quite feel like an appropriate reaction to the scene.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Conception 2 got way too hard in the dungeon i'm in, so i'm putting it down for a while.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Hrmmm I guess we should remember that Crisis Core is limited in that it is a PSP game, it can't cram TOO much into it. It's also got a limited timescale because it's a prequel where the events are actually detailed in advance so they've got little wiggle room around some new events.

Though Cat I hope that's true, I'd much have preferred a cool manly middle-aged protagonist for FF7 who prefers fist fighting over swordplay.

Still Genesis' inclusion does just seem weird, I can understand some rogue Soldier going crazy and running wild (after all it's basically Sephiroth's story) but it's handled pretty poorly in the end. I just don't know why he shows up in the finale, granted it's been a while since I've played it but it's basically Zack jailbreaking Cloud from the labs, fleeing across country to his inevitable conclusion and somewhere along the road they see Genesis and Zack's just like "BRB need a final boss".

It just felt...crammed in there, he's not an immediate obstacle, he's not related to the current problem, Genesis didn't send Shinra after Zack and Cloud.

You just hear early in the plot "Hey that Genesis guy is crazy, because clones! Also Angeal's gone!" then you go through the actual important events of the Nibelheim incident and build up the climactic battle at the cliff then "Woah look there's that Genesis guy! Go fight!"

Ugh it bothers me, good thing the ending really picks up after G's fight.

Though speaking of G...in the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus (the latest canon game in FF7's continuity) featured his revival I believe, I wonder if we've seen the last of Genesis.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
Hrmmm I guess we should remember that Crisis Core is limited in that it is a PSP game, it can't cram TOO much into it. It's also got a limited timescale because it's a prequel where the events are actually detailed in advance so they've got little wiggle room around some new events.

I'm not sure what the PSP part has to do with it... but then, I also don't know how powerful the PSP may be. But limited timescale? The only thing we really know about things that happened before VII are the following...

Spoiler:
The Niblheim incident 4-5 years ago. Zack dying shortly before reaching Midgar, years after the Niblheim incident. The Wutai War which kind of happened at some point where people died and Ilfarna also died, leaving Aerith in Elmyra's care.

And out of all of those, only the two first parts are mentioned. Which is important and those are towards the end of the game. And that part took about 2 hours, maybe 3 tops. They could've made a much better connected story around that, rather than focus on Genesis.

Quote:
I just don't know why he shows up in the finale, granted it's been a while since I've played it but it's basically Zack jailbreaking Cloud from the labs, fleeing across country to his inevitable conclusion and somewhere along the road they see Genesis and Zack's just like "BRB need a final boss".

Exactly. We get to Niblheim, which is a real thing that happened in VII and was vastly important... but shove Genesis into it, where he has no place. All he does is troll Sephiroth at the reactor, which is really not that important. Sephiroth going insane at that part was just fine without Genesis being there and going "trolololololol~" at him. The Sevening comicstrip does it perfectly. Afterwards, we get back to the things that really connect to VII... then we have a fight against that one professor, a sidetrip to Gongaga - which I didn't mind that much - and then we have to deal with Genesis again because... he's Gackt. And like the actual ending of Zack prior to VII wasn't awesome or heartwrenching enough, they try to make us go for Genesis and... even redeem him somehow. *sigh*

Quote:
I wonder if we've seen the last of Genesis.

While I love Gackt - he looks hot and he has some pretty cool songs, and has a great voice - I hope we do not seen Genesis anymore. Genesis himself was not a very good or interesting character. Being modeled after Gackt does not make a good character. Nice looking, but not... personality-wise.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I've been playing Mario Golf: World Tour and downloaded Child of Light this week.

For Mario Golf, I'm really liking this game far more than I thought I would. The controls work well, the courses are pretty neat, and there's a whole lot more to do than I initially thought when I first started playing the game. Even the world tourneys are pretty fun. Granted, I'm not great at them, but placing in the 1600s for my first World Tournament made me happy enough! I really like the selection of characters too that the game has to offer. I also went to get the DLC and I really enjoy the N64 courses being brought back. After just getting off of a high of playing Mario Golf on the N64, it makes me really happy.

As for Child of Light, I'm up to Chapter 7. All I can say is this game is gorgeous. The art style, the music, I love it all. I like the whimsical feel the game brings and while I don't think the story is anything extraordinary, I really like the style of dialogue they chose to add to the atmosphere. The game play itself is quite great. I really like the exploration on the overworld. For some reason, I get more of a sense of exploring on this 2-D plain than I do playing a game with a top-down overworld. I like the battles too. I'm actually surprised by the amount of strategy that can go into such a simple system. Managing "equipment" is very simple and I love it when it is. I like micromanaging and spending hours getting my equipment to optimum, but I like to take a break and have it simplified too. My only gripe is you're restricted to two party members at a time, but it's not a game breaker for me.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Since I sadly don't possess any particular talent to help out with this wonderful mod, I'm doing the only thing left for me to do; to share it with people.

This is Skywind, a huge project dedicated to bring Skyrim's gameplay and graphics to Morrowind, arguably the Elder Scrolls game with the best story and atmosphere. I know I'm going to play the hell out of this game when it comes out, but I wouldn't feel good about it unless I did SOMETHING to help out, so I'm raising awareness.

So, I just read this and I'm wondering if this is true... I can actually download the Tales of Symphonia PS3 version (with its Dual Audio) on the PSN WITHOUT having to somehow buy Knight of Ratatosk? If that is true, that is awesome.

C-A

Im pretty happy that at the end of the month the Sly Cooper trilogy is coming for the vita. I missed that series as well as Jax and Daxter.

So I just finished 999, which was an absolutely amazing game. My question is, should I play Virtue's Last Reward or avoid it like the plague? I looked up some stuff about it, most notably character designs and they kinda look... Really really stereotypical wacky anime. Which was pleasantly absent from 999. I dunno, I feel like apart from the sequel hook, the game is nice and self-contained. Am I missing out by avoiding VLR?

Gettin' Old!

Haawke wrote:
So I just finished 999, which was an absolutely amazing game. My question is, should I play Virtue's Last Reward or avoid it like the plague? I looked up some stuff about it, most notably character designs and they kinda look... Really really stereotypical wacky anime. Which was pleasantly absent from 999. I dunno, I feel like apart from the sequel hook, the game is nice and self-contained. Am I missing out by avoiding VLR?

Yeah it's still a good game, the twists aren't as awesome as THAT in 999 but hell it's worth a shot if only to fund more (the company is struggling to justify another Zero Escape game). Though I felt the wacky anime look was clearly present in both games :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

Yeah it's still a good game, the twists aren't as awesome as THAT in 999 but hell it's worth a shot if only to fund more (the company is struggling to justify another Zero Escape game). Though I felt the wacky anime look was clearly present in both games :ron:

I have too many games to play and not enough time to catch up to 999 D:

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

Agreed. And yes, most characters felt stereotypical, but it didn't bother me too much. VLR did have better / harder puzzles in my opinion than it's predecessor.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

Agreed. And yes, most characters felt stereotypical, but it didn't bother me too much. VLR did have better / harder puzzles in my opinion than it's predecessor.

Absolutely some of the puzzles had me frothing at the mouth in fury trying to solve em.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

Hmm okay. Might consider it on Vita when I get more money then! I dunno though, the look of the characters in 999 was far more restrained than what I've seen from VLR. I mean, you've got some kind of giant knight dude, a rabbit, a pharoah looking girl and Clover now looks like something out of the pre-historic level in Conker's Bad Fur Day. But eh, I haven't played the game so these are just first impressions. I'll give it a shot :phoenix:

Gettin' Old!

Haawke wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

Hmm okay. Might consider it on Vita when I get more money then! I dunno though, the look of the characters in 999 was far more restrained than what I've seen from VLR. I mean, you've got some kind of giant knight dude, a rabbit, a pharoah looking girl and Clover now looks like something out of the pre-historic level in Conker's Bad Fur Day. But eh, I haven't played the game so these are just first impressions. I'll give it a shot :phoenix:

Yeah but Clover is awful :P and Knight dude isn't really a Knight.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:

Yeah, I was also baffled that Clover went from that adorable to something so slutty. It totally didn't fit her character.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah, I was also baffled that Clover went from that adorable to something so slutty. It totally didn't fit her character.

Spoiler: VLR
I blame Alice's influence since they became friends but I'm not sure...I recall what she was like when she gets you alone in the AB booth. Perhaps her character isn't quite what you think, was disgusted with her for even suggesting that, especially after you convince Tenmyouji it's not the case.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

So, while having caved and downloaded the PSN version of Symphonia for the PS3 cause I learned that way I can play Symphonia with its enhanced port from PS2, without worrying that it stops every five minutes. In the middle of a skit, PS3 suddenly bleeps and has a red blinking light.

Looking online, this could either be Overheating (possible, it's 30°C today), the vents being dusty (also possible, I just used compressed air to clean them) or an incoming YLOD. Which I sincerely hope it isn't. I already had to sell my dear PSP to even get the money to download Symphonia, I don't have the cash to send this thing in to repair. (And I don't think I'm tech savvy enough to do it myself... I might be able to ask my mom's boyfriend, but I think he's more tech than smolder stuff...)

OR it could be an update that happened or something like that. I dunno, this is the first time this happened since I've bought this PS3 a few years ago. And it was used, no idea how old it really is.

Already copied all my saves to a USB, but don't have a 9 GB USB right now to backup the entire system. Must wait until evening for that.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
So, while having caved and downloaded the PSN version of Symphonia for the PS3 cause I learned that way I can play Symphonia with its enhanced port from PS2, without worrying that it stops every five minutes. In the middle of a skit, PS3 suddenly bleeps and has a red blinking light.

Looking online, this could either be Overheating (possible, it's 30°C today), the vents being dusty (also possible, I just used compressed air to clean them) or an incoming YLOD. Which I sincerely hope it isn't. I already had to sell my dear PSP to even get the money to download Symphonia, I don't have the cash to send this thing in to repair. (And I don't think I'm tech savvy enough to do it myself... I might be able to ask my mom's boyfriend, but I think he's more tech than smolder stuff...)

OR it could be an update that happened or something like that. I dunno, this is the first time this happened since I've bought this PS3 a few years ago. And it was used, no idea how old it really is.

Already copied all my saves to a USB, but don't have a 9 GB USB right now to backup the entire system. Must wait until evening for that.

C-A

Oh geez if it's the yellow light of death then you have my sympathies I don't think it's really possible to fix that.

What model PS3 is it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler: VLR
I blame Alice's influence since they became friends but I'm not sure...I recall what she was like when she gets you alone in the AB booth. Perhaps her character isn't quite what you think, was disgusted with her for even suggesting that, especially after you convince Tenmyouji it's not the case.

Sure, the story makes excuses on why clover changed her looks so drastically. Although a more probable scenario is that Clover was popular in 999, so they made her a fanservice character in the sequel. It's the way of the Japanese game developer.

Quote:
Oh geez if it's the yellow light of death then you have my sympathies I don't think it's really possible to fix that.

What model PS3 is it?

I don't know if it's the YLOD. It could be overheating - I never had this problem before, although previously, the PS3 was located slightly somewhere else, so that could be a part of it, too.

It's a 60 GB fat one. I go cheap. It IS possible that Symphonia, being recently released AND digital, MAY be a bit difficult for it to play it without a hitch. This is the only time it happened (to date). I'll back up my stuff and then maybe try out a different game, see if it happens again. Right now, it's turned off and even the switch for the entire console/TV section is off.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

What model PS3 is it?

I don't know if it's the YLOD. It could be overheating - I never had this problem before, although previously, the PS3 was located slightly somewhere else, so that could be a part of it, too.

It's a 60 GB fat one. I go cheap. It IS possible that Symphonia, being recently released AND digital, MAY be a bit difficult for it to play it without a hitch. This is the only time it happened (to date). I'll back up my stuff and then maybe try out a different game, see if it happens again. Right now, it's turned off and even the switch for the entire console/TV section is off.

C-A

I was afraid it might be the 60 GB fat version, the one that's backwards compatible. I heard it was especially susceptible to the YLOD and that they worked out that problem in later hardware.

@Sjibbey

Spoiler: 999 and VLR
Remember the Axe ending? I do not put it past Clover to be incredibly manipulative and tricky in order to get what she wants. Granted she was literally axe crazy at the time but still there's precedence. Plus in the time between 999 and VLR she was given super spy training, to use every advantage she can in a tight situation. I'm sure feminine wiles would have been included on that list of training.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
@Sjibbey

Remember the Axe ending? I do not put it past Clover to be incredibly manipulative and tricky in order to get what she wants. Granted she was literally axe crazy at the time but still there's precedence. Plus in the time between 999 and VLR she was given super spy training, to use every advantage she can in a tight situation. I'm sure feminine wiles would have been included on that list of training.

well:
Spoiler: response to spoiler
I sure do remember the axe ending, it was the first one I got and it pissed me the hell of. And I agree with you, the game does give reasons on why clover now looks like this. BUT, when the developers decided on making a sequel and were discussing about which characters were going to be in it, it makes more sense that they said: we take popular character X as a service to our fans, with fan-service.

What bothers me isn't that the fan service isn't properly explained in the storyline, but it feels more like they decided to make her fanservice from the get go and the story had to be written around this fact.

Quote:
I was afraid it might be the 60 GB fat version, the one that's backwards compatible. I heard it was especially susceptible to the YLOD and that they worked out that problem in later hardware.

Well, mine isn't backwards compatible. Otherwise I could've simply played the PS2 Symphonia version on it, rather than having to download the digital version. No, this one doesn't play PS2 games, so it's definitely not backwards compatible. It's a CHEH... CEHC... whatever L004. I looked it up and it isn't backwards compatible so...

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

Cat: You should wait for a day with a reasonable temperature. Mine also freezed during a game of Sly Cooper. I panicked because I thought it meant the end of my brand new console but it seem that I played this thing way too much and the 33 celsius degrees didn't helped.

Random question: Do anybody know if it's possible to transfer your digital game from a 3DS to another one? I want to buy my own console but I don't want to lose my games for that. Same thing with cartdrige game (but with the save file)?
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
@Sjibbey

well:
Spoiler: response to spoiler
I sure do remember the axe ending, it was the first one I got and it pissed me the hell of. And I agree with you, the game does give reasons on why clover now looks like this. BUT, when the developers decided on making a sequel and were discussing about which characters were going to be in it, it makes more sense that they said: we take popular character X as a service to our fans, with fan-service.

What bothers me isn't that the fan service isn't properly explained in the storyline, but it feels more like they decided to make her fanservice from the get go and the story had to be written around this fact.

Spoiler: More responses, big VLR spoilers
Why does it make more sense that they said "we take popular character X as a service to our fans with fan-service?". The game already has at least 3 returning characters other than Clover (Akane, Junpei and Alice) one of which dresses far far worse than Clover. I guess I just find it more plausible than you for it to done rather than 'purely for fanservice'.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace Explorer

Shao-Mae wrote:
Random question: Do anybody know if it's possible to transfer your digital game from a 3DS to another one? I want to buy my own console but I don't want to lose my games for that. Same thing with cartdrige game (but with the save file)?

Well, I know you can do the complete system transfer from the settings, but that's mostly for system data.
I'm pretty sure you just have to put the old SD card into the new system. When I copied all my files from the 2GB card they give you to an 8GB one, everything still worked.
Still, I'd recomment the system transfer to be absolutely sure.

...As for cartridge games, as long as it's the same SD card, it should register OK.
Well? Are we going or what?

Gettin' Old!

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Shao-Mae wrote:

Well, I know you can do the complete system transfer from the settings, but that's mostly for system data.
I'm pretty sure you just have to put the old SD card into the new system. When I copied all my files from the 2GB card they give you to an 8GB one, everything still worked.

...As for cartridge games, as long as it's the same SD card, it should register OK.

You will want to do a system transfer to transport the digital games. If the system detects you don't have a license for the games on the SD card, they won't show up on the system menu and you'll never be able to access them.

To do a system transfer you typically need both 3DSes (old and new). If you are trading in your 3DS to buy a new one or something I'd recommend asking at the shop if they'd let you do a system transfer there in-shop. Hopefully they'll be reasonable in the matter otherwise I'd go elsewhere for it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

I've been wondering a bit about the system transfer too.
I feel like my 3DS is starting to apart.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Ace Explorer

Pierre wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:
Shao-Mae wrote:

You will want to do a system transfer to transport the digital games. If the system detects you don't have a license for the games on the SD card, they won't show up on the system menu and you'll never be able to access them.

To do a system transfer you typically need both 3DSes (old and new). If you are trading in your 3DS to buy a new one or something I'd recommend asking at the shop if they'd let you do a system transfer there in-shop. Hopefully they'll be reasonable in the matter otherwise I'd go elsewhere for it.

Well, that clears up my curiosity, too! Granted, when I transferred stuff between SD cards, it was the same 3DS... But now I know that I'll have to system transfer when I get a new one! (Old one's having a lot of buttons dying... And the touch screen is scratched... :ron: )
Well? Are we going or what?

Gettin' Old!

Yeah sadly I found out about that caveat where your games disappear because of Nintendo screwing up a repair but *sigh* I hope they'll sort it soon.

I'll give you guys a warning, if in doubt after you've done any kind of transfer or copy or whatever and something is still missing then make sure you hook up your 3DS with the Miiverse first before you visit the E-shop. I think purchases are stored under Nintendo IDS (NNIDs) now which you'd activate in the Miiverse.

I went to the E-shop first and it set me up as a new customer with no purchases so be careful when doing the transfer because remember anything that gets seemingly 'deleted' can be redownloaded through the E-shop.

Edit:

After listening to the Megas new album I got this great craving to get back into megaman games. Sadly I don't think they'll ever release X3 on the Nintendo E-shop because I think Playstation owns the rights to it now (as do X games after it). Which I guess means I'll need to resort to emulating it as everything it's been released on is region locked or ancient and not made anymore.

Some of y'all know a fair bit about emulation I'd wager, any good PS1 emulators? Ideally with controller support.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shao-Mae wrote:
Cat: You should wait for a day with a reasonable temperature. Mine also freezed during a game of Sly Cooper. I panicked because I thought it meant the end of my brand new console but it seem that I played this thing way too much and the 33 celsius degrees didn't helped.

But... but it's getting into summer here! Okay, today was 30° and yesterday and tomorrow it's going back to 20somethingish, I think. But still. I had this thing in my room during summer when we get 36° or higher. Never did that before.

My mother brought home a 16 GB USB, although when I plugged it in, it said only 14 GB free space... huh. Anyway, tried to Back Up for the 9 GB it told me, but then said it still needed about 2400 MB! I was worried for a bit and looked online. Then I tried to delete some stuff that was on the PS3 - example, a Lightning Returns theme you can get for free from the Japanese DLC list, that was by accident..., also my Japanese PSN account which I can put back on easily. Also the FFT file my husband put on it last time he was over. (I'm sure he's further there now) and FINALLY it's backing up now...

Exactly what gets backed up in a back up, anyway? This does mean that, if I were to get myself a new PS3, I would still have to re-download the Symphonia game, right? (But for free since I already purchased it and all) I also have my save files itself on a separate USB...

Quote:
Some of y'all know a fair bit about emulation I'd wager, any good PS1 emulators? Ideally with controller support.

E.. Ep... epsxc? Or something like that... ePSXe. That's a PS1/PSX emulator I used years ago. I only played Dead or Alive on it and it was rather slow, but that may have been because I had a rather slow computer back then. I don't remember if it had controller support, though...

C-A

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Why does it make more sense that they said "we take popular character X as a service to our fans with fan-service?". The game already has at least 3 returning characters other than Clover (Akane, Junpei and Alice) one of which dresses far far worse than Clover. I guess I just find it more plausible than you for it to done rather than 'purely for fanservice'.

Spoiler: again VLR and 999 discussion with big spoilers
I'm assuming you mean Alice with that statement and I agree, she is even worse than Clover. But you don't meet Alice till the last ending off 999 and she already looks scarcely dressed, so the player doesn't have much attachment to her character. But it's different with Clover, you care for her and try to protect her, only to get axed in the end though. It feels like all those sentiments are thrown out the window because she's jailbait now. Again, storywise I can agree, but it just feels wrong.

also Pierre:you didn't get this from me pal, playstation emulators.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler: again VLR and 999 discussion with big spoilers
I'm assuming you mean Alice with that statement and I agree, she is even worse than Clover. But you don't meet Alice till the last ending off 999 and she already looks scarcely dressed, so the player doesn't have much attachment to her character. But it's different with Clover, you care for her and try to protect her, only to get axed in the end though. It feels like all those sentiments are thrown out the window because she's jailbait now. Again, storywise I can agree, but it just feels wrong.

also Pierre:you didn't get this from me pal, playstation emulators.

Thanks man I'll be sure to check out the list, I can see the one Cat recommended on there so I'll give it a shot.

Hahaha I remember as a kid my dad was trying to get into emulators and ways to play things on the move for our sakes. He had the laptop all set up with god knows what programs and we kept putting a PS1 Rayman disk into the drive to get it to work. Hopefully this attempt at emulation will work better.

Also was worried about General Luigi as I've not seen him in ages but seems he's just abroad so I hope he's having a good time.

Spoiler: VLR/999
Maybe you cared for her, I felt she was cold and then broken for the majority of the game. Granted she's got her reasons and she brightens up but the stain of blood from my hands is still on her clothes. Besides perhaps it's a good thing if you feel a disconnect with her given the nature of VLR...a game built upon trusting in other people. They might have wanted to portray Clover differently so people aren't automatically drawn to her from the previous game, especially since the current protagonist has no idea about who she is. Though she's absolutely worse in VLR than she was in 999 in terms of backstabbing and manipulation, only difference is she was crazy in the first game as an excuse.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Don't call me Shirley

Haawke wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Haawke wrote:

If anything, VLR is a much more fleshed out and complex game that 999 was (though it arguably loses some of its impact because of that, some people prefered the simple premise and the grim atmosphere of the first one). The characters do look whacky at first glance, but once you've played an hour or so, you won't really notice it anymore (kinda like with Umineko). The twists don't tickle (or forcefully try to :shoe: ) your heartstrings as much as 999's, but there are a lot more of them and they sure tickle your brainstrings much more. It really is a must play for any lover of the original.

In Justice We Trust

I was just reading up on Mario Kart 8, and I learned that they added Baby Rosalina as a character. [sigh] Enough with the babies, Nintendo. I know Japan has a birth rate problem, but I don't think a bunch of baby characters in Mario Kart 8 will fix it.
I'll always love you, Max.
Page 10 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station