Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pick Your Prosecutor: DGS EditionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Another game announced, another time-honored C-R tradition to pull up. It's time to get the ball rolling on the Pick Your Prosecutor contest for Dai Gyakuten Saiban!

The contest is quite simple: write up a short description of what you think the DGS prosecutor will be like and post it to this thread. You can be very vague or very specific, but remember, this is for the MAIN prosecutor/rival (cases 5-2 and 5-3), not the starting prosecutor or finale prosecutor.

So what makes you a winner? Each entry will be broken down into specific traits, and each of those traits that fit the new prosecutor will count as one point in your favor. For DD, some of the winning entries included details such as "speaks in a sophisticated way" "will call the protagonist by their surname (no 'Mr.' or anything of the sort)", and so on. Traits like gender also count, along with personality, motivation, courtroom traits, etc.

Your point score is not penalized by the number of things you get wrong, it is only affected by the things you get right, so there's no harm in throwing out wild ideas about their background and gimmick. But you cannot enter conflicting information (such as, you can't say "They'll be really nice to Ryuunosuke!" followed by "But they might be mean all the time!") Also, it goes without saying, but no picking someone else's entry and saying "I think it'll be this".

Once the new prosecutor is announced - and by that we mean the very first time they're shown or named or announced - the thread will be locked; once the game is released, the judges (your forum mods and admins) will comb through the entries and add up the points.

So what's to win? Well, something from these:

Spoiler: Prizes
Image (Hard to see, but that's Phony Phanty.)

Capcom was kind enough to provide us with the above various charms, and our top five winners will each receive one at random.

It's not hard to enter, so - go nuts! Just post your entry in this topic.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Pick Your Prosecutor: DGS EditionTopic%20Title

Y'know

- Male

- At the age of something in between 25-35

- The classical detective kind of a character, with a detective coat, hat and a blowpipe.

- Quite obviously, a foreign prosecutor, who maybe will sometimes comment on how the things are in his land.

- (Inspired by JesusMonroe) Most often using first name when talking to witnesses unaware of the Japanese name format, which seems to be just his rudeness at first. Confused, when the two people with the same surname appear. ("If you are members of the same family, why the hell do you have different surnames and identical names...?")

- Often talking with Susato about the classical detectives, with Ryuunosuke standing there, clueless. Susato somehow adores him, which also flusters Ryuu a bit.

Last edited by Nearavex on Mon May 26, 2014 1:40 am, edited 6 times in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Here's my entry:
Outfit: Same as Ryuunosuke, with a black jinbaori, with a hat and blowpipe.
Special Shout: Impossible! (まさか!, Masaka!)
Personality: Arrogant, smug, respectful, and determined to find the truth. Refers to people with "-sama".
Hair style: Same as Ezio from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, black.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Y'know

...It's really like a more detailed version of my entry, maybe except for the clothing part, hah. xD

To be honest, I think I know why that is. I'll post the reason right away.

Retracted

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Mon May 26, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'll give this a shot then.

male
background in nobility
raised by foreigners, probably Americans
very formal speech
cold towards most people
proficient in some sort of combat and carries a weapon
white clothing
glasses
scar on face
troubled past
at least one dead family member
short hair
grey hair
long sleeves
taps his chin as habit
has stubble
prodigy in the prosecuting field
has only been prosecuting for a few years
uses questionable methods to win cases
wears a neck accessory
age is mid to late twenties
had a one-handed desk slam
right handed
can play an instrument
makes tea analogies
holds an object in their mouth
has a hat
Eureka!

Last edited by Apollon on Mon May 26, 2014 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Y'know

Seeing he would be foreign, he could call people by their first names actually mistaking them for their surnames, unaware of the Japanese name format. At first it would seem he's being rude, but then two members of the same family are involved in a trial. And he goes like "If you are members of the same family, why the hell do you have different surnames and identical names...?"

Though, now that I read the OP again... I saw something peculiar

Bolt Storm wrote:
Once the new prosecutor is announced - and by that we mean the very first time they're shown or named or announced - the thread will be locked; once the game is released, the judges (your forum mods and admins) will comb through the entries and add up the points.

I think we can end the contest already, unless we dedicate it to a character's personality and story instead. The reason being... This:

Here's a picture from the trailer.

Now, we see two silhouettes, one of it being Ryuunosuke's, the second being some other character's, presumably, and here's the important part, rival prosecutor's. Let's turn it around 180 degrees, shall we?

The King of All

A female prosecutor, who is similar to Darklaw and Franziska. She wears a cape and wields a long sword. She also speaks formally, has dark red clothing, and dark hair. She's in her twenties, older than Ryuunosuke.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

*Ahem* Seems I have some competition for the same idea.

If you'll all kindly turn to article 1 as pictured here.

You will see I had the first vocalised claim on a "Holmesian" detective with the deerhunter and pipe. This was disputed by SuperAJ who mentioned it but said it was ok for me to use it. I also speculated the character will make comments on how 'behind the times' Japan is and it doesn't keep up with the Western World.

So y'all better retract your claims on my idea :damon:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Done. I knew I heard the idea somewhere before. I had just assumed it was a YouTube comment or something

Heh heh.

I vote
-beige or pink color scheme
-plaid or striped pattern
-some sort of fancy neck apparel
-some sort of high-collared apparel
-does NOT have a pipe
-grey hair
-little hair sticking up at the back, Edgeworth-style
-has a big family
-Edgeworth ancestor (or related)
-name does not or does not directly imply the above point
-female
-speaks English
-has some level of directly stated ship in-game (arranged marriage, obvious crush on a character, etc.) that falls through somehow
-dies or is convicted of something by the end

:gant:
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Nearavex wrote:
[Silhouette talk]

Duly noted; that said, it's a vague enough image (and we don't even know if it's of the rival, though that is admittedly the pattern) that I'm fine with running the contest as-is.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Pick Your Prosecutor: DGS Edition:Topic%20Title

Art Person

Pierre wrote:

You will see I had the first vocalised claim on a "Holmesian" detective with the deerhunter and pipe. This was disputed by SuperAJ who mentioned it but said it was ok for me to use it. I also speculated the character will make comments on how 'behind the times' Japan is and it doesn't keep up with the Western World. (And the image could also be of someone like his deceased mentor???)

The fight is on! :tigre:
Haha, It's true the idea of the "Holmesian" detective was put up by Pierre, after seeing my outlining of the silhouette. But that can be seen as different to just a regular foreigner right?

I'm going to go out on a limb, and disregard this idea. The prosecutor will be a Japanese (So not a foreigner) man (Older than Ryuu) but had studied western laws, and has a fascination with Law/Mystery from the west (Imagine a "Holmes-off" between Susato and this guy in a court case!), and thus dresses Holmesian. He will have a very strong sense of conviction (pun intended), wanting all accused to be punished to the full extent of the law, and will use tactics he has learned through Western courts (Thus some concepts seen as unorthodox to Meiji era Japanese) and use them to his advantage in his convictions.

In Summary:
Personality: Passionate about the law, and bringing criminals to justice. Fascinated by Western Cultures (especially their legal system), and sometimes uses those practices in court, in order to gain an upper hand (i.e; using some british logic rather than Japanese-common logic).
Attitude Towards Ryuu: He'll think Ryuu is a simpleton, who isn't skilled enough to stand as defence, and will be initially antagonistic towards him.

EDIT: Can I claim the Phony Phanty is my guess wins?

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue May 27, 2014 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

A strict, old fashioned, controlling, arrogant and racist lady.
Re: Pick Your Prosecutor: DGS Edition:Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You will see I had the first vocalised claim on a "Holmesian" detective with the deerhunter and pipe. This was disputed by SuperAJ who mentioned it but said it was ok for me to use it. I also speculated the character will make comments on how 'behind the times' Japan is and it doesn't keep up with the Western World. (And the image could also be of someone like his deceased mentor???)

The fight is on! :tigre:
Haha, It's true the idea of the "Holmesian" detective was put up by Pierre, after seeing my outlining of the silhouette. But that can be seen as different to just a regular foreigner right?

I'm going to go out on a limb, and disregard this idea. The prosecutor will be a Japanese (So not a foreigner) man (Older than Ryuu) but had studied western laws, and has a fascination with Law/Mystery from the west (Imagine a "Holmes-off" between Susato and this guy in a court case!), and thus dresses Holmesian. He will have a very strong sense of conviction (pun intended), wanting all accused to be punished to the full extent of the law, and will use tactics he has learned through Western courts (Thus some concepts seen as unorthodox to Meiji era Japanese) and use them to his advantage in his convictions.

In Summary:
Personality: Passionate about the law, and bringing criminals to justice. Fascinated by Western Cultures (especially their legal system), and sometimes uses those practices in court, in order to gain an upper hand (i.e; using some british logic rather than Japanese-common logic).
Attitude Towards Ryuu: He'll think Ryuu is a simpleton, who isn't skilled enough to stand as defence, and will be initially antagonistic towards him.

Ahh so you are going for the direct opposite of Blackquill then? The Japanese guy obsessed with western cultures. It's totally plausible but all this speculating just makes me itchin for more news about the game XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The proper phrase here is, 'you fail'.

Since this takes place in the Meiji Era, a time before airplanes and womens' rights, the prosecutor will likely be a Japanese male, with these characteristics:

An honorable samurai
Age ranging 20s-50s
Has a light hue of hair (probably white, grey, or light blue, but not brown or black)
Maybe has at least one battle scar
Likely wears officer hat
Wears a suit with colors of white or blue
Carries a sword around
Is strict and orderly with what he wants, but is always respectful at the same time
Has the belief that verdicts should be given efficiently as possible, like using the least amount of blows to slice someone
Respects traditional values
He will not be pleased if someone desecrates above values
Has high charisma for being good at what he does (as both a warrior and prosecutor)
Is renowned for being a formidable adversary on the battlefield (and courtroom)
Could be appointed to prosecute specifically by an organization in the Japanese government
Occasionally unsheathes his sword to threaten/silence others, but does not physically strike like Blackquill
Speaks formally
Addresses others by surname and uses ending other than -san (In the JP version at least)
Makes good metaphors, but some people will not catch onto them (similar to Godot's Coffeenese or Lang-Xi Says) :godot:
Very stoic, and is terrible at making jokes
Barely shows emotion in the courtroom near the beginning, but has a much softer/more emotional side as the game progresses
May have wife and child(ren) he cares deeply about
Is not easily angered, but will sweat if nervous
He will not casually desk/wall-slam if he is making an argument, but if he gets relatively emotional he may do it
Has committed a crime (not necessarily murder)

Master of sharp things!

Hmm... using what we know of the time period, combined with our knowledge of this series, I came up with the following:

- Our prosecutor will be male.
- His age will be older than our protagonist, probably somewhere in his 30's.
- He will wield a weapon appropriate for the period, most likely a sword, and it will have a name with some cultural significance. It may also be a family heirloom passed down over several generations of warriors.
- His weaponry skills and combat record will be just as renown as his abilities and record in the courtroom.
- His personality will be stern, a bit uptight and with an attitude towards those he doesn't consider equals. His pride for his country and military will cause him to lash out particularly at witnesses that talk negatively about those topics.
- He will wear an outfit based on the Japanese military, maybe something like the Steel Samurai's outfit but with a military theme and coloring to it. Primary colors will be red and black with some yellow for highlights.
- He will have grey-ish hair with a ponytail in the back. The ponytail will be tied with a ribbon or string with some significant ties to his past.
- We will find out near the end of the game that he is the ancestor of some Ace Attorney characters.
- My "wild guess": He will be an ancestor of Manfred von Karma (and by extension, Franziska). Plot developments will lead him to end up becoming obsessed with perfection, which will carry on through his family line all the way to the present.

Just another witness

Might as well submit an idea, so here goes:

I'd say it's likely this prosecutor will be around the same age as the main character, and perhaps will have some sort of connection with the main character. My guess is that he will be in love with the girl/assistant shown in the trailer, as will the main character. This will effectively creating a love triangle between the main character, the prosecutor, and her. I'm also going to assume that this new prosecutor will frown most of the time, and rarely smile, if at all. His eyes will likely have a near-permanent mad look, but when surprised or shocked, his eyes might have a glazed look. He will have major part in the story, likely because that's the trend the game seems to follow. His role will likely be that he is in love with the assistant/girl, as mentioned above. Perhaps the battles in the courtroom will determine who gets to wed her? If so, he might have a general bias against the main character. Not a large grudge, but just a general subtle dislike of the main character. Also, I'm personally guessing he will make his objections by punching the prosecutor's bench, rather than just slamming down on it with his hands. He will probably do this to vent his anger/frustrations when in court. He may also have an armband like the main character, to symbolize he is a prosecutor. He will likely have a relatively calm, organized personality, and may have a fondness for reading. However, later in the game, possibly in the last episode of the game, he might show breaks in this calm demeanor, likely due to the nature of the case. Also guessing that he might have long hair, rather than short hair. He might also have an some sort of injury within the game. I'm unsure of what his clothes will be like, but I think it is likely that his hair will be black, like the main character. Anyways, that's all the details I can think of for now, might add more if I think of any, and if that is allowed.

Oh, also, I'm guessing that before we meet the new main prosecutor, we will face off against an ancestor of prosecutor Payne in the first trial, following the trend of past this games. This incarnation of Payne will wear old-fashioned spectacles, and will wear a old fashioned robe or kimono. After the first trial, this version of Payne will not appear in the game again, (other than the credits scene). Anyways, those are my thoughts for now, so now we wait until the big reveal.

Gettin' Old!

Haon115 wrote:

I'd say it's likely this prosecutor will be around the same age as the main character, and perhaps will have some sort of connection with the main character. My guess is that he will be in love with the girl/assistant shown in the trailer, as will the main character. This will effectively creating a love triangle between the main character, the prosecutor, and her. I'm also going to assume that this new prosecutor will frown most of the time, and rarely smile, if at all. His eyes will likely have a near-permanent mad look, but when surprised or shocked, his eyes might have a glazed look. He will have major part in the story, likely because that's the trend the game seems to follow. His role will likely be that he is in love with the assistant/girl, as mentioned above. Perhaps the battles in the courtroom will determine who gets to wed her? If so, he might have a general bias against the main character. Not a large grudge, but just a general subtle dislike of the main character. Also, I'm personally guessing he will make his objections by punching the prosecutor's bench, rather than just slamming down on it with his hands. He will probably do this to vent his anger/frustrations when in court. He may also have an armband like the main character, to symbolize he is a prosecutor. He will likely have a relatively calm, organized personality, and may have a fondness for reading. However, later in the game, possibly in the last episode of the game, he might show breaks in this calm demeanor, likely due to the nature of the case. Also guessing that he might have long hair, rather than short hair. He might also have an some sort of injury within the game. I'm unsure of what his clothes will be like, but I think it is likely that his hair will be black, like the main character. Anyways, that's all the details I can think of for now, might add more if I think of any, and if that is allowed.

Oh, also, I'm guessing that before we meet the new main prosecutor, we will face off against an ancestor of prosecutor Payne in the first trial, following the trend of past this games. This incarnation of Payne will wear old-fashioned spectacles, and will wear a old fashioned robe or kimono. After the first trial, this version of Payne will not appear in the game again, (other than the credits scene). Anyways, those are my thoughts for now, so now we wait until the big reveal.

That's an awfully romantic notion of what the prosecutor will be like. Normally AA leaves relationships ambiguous and up to fan interpretation, this approach seems to go with them heavily implicating romance into the game. It could be interesting to see but I've never really placed a heavy weight on the romance in AA games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The prosecutor will be male, and in terms of appearance I am guessing his face will be reminiscent of Edgeworth's with the hair being of the shaven variety, more of a muscular build. Will wear glasses and be the self-named rival of the defense attorney, because the defense attorney has supposedly wronged him during school - turns out the prosecutor is only a bit petty over the fact that the defense attorney beat him in something the prosecutor is proud to be "the top of the crop".

Prosecutor will be easy to anger, but when he gets really angry/serious in court, he takes the glasses off and turns into a sort of jock-like personality of mocking the defense attorney outright and overall acting like a jerk. If seen outside of court, he'll ignore the defense attorney - when the defense attorney keeps bugging him, he'll only answer in monosyllables.

C-A

Cause of death is being dummy

Male, about Ryuu's age or slightly older, may be related to Susato somehow - sibling, cousin, childhood friend... and this will cause some sort of conflict. I'm thinking a super-duper traditional Japanese guy with no (open) interest in foreign things, although I don't think he'll necessarily be a samurai or have a sword or anything. An archer, maybe? Also, he's super famous and probably has a winning streak of some sort which of course Ryuu breaks.
I think he's probably a real stuck-up jerk, but acts like a gentleman, especially in court, so he'll probably call everyone by proper names. I'm guessing he also won't throw things at the defense. He might threaten them, though, especially if he is some sort of warrior (really hoping for archer here. That'd be sooooo cool). He probably doesn't relax at all outside of court... so he's probably good at small talk, but terrible at substantial conversation.
Appearance-wise, my money's on black hair (probably long) but some unusual eye colour, for a Japanese guy I mean - so, blue, green, purple... red, even? Although I'm sure he won't be explicitly evil, so probably not red. I doubt that the prosecutor will be involved in some sort of crime. Also, he'd be dressed in very traditional Japanese clothing, as implied before. Probably not a directly black colour scheme like Blackquill's, but definitely one involving dark colours - most likely ones to go along with his eyes. Actually, I'm hoping that it won't be monochromatic and actually involve some complimentary colours.
(I really like the ideas some people have brought up about a theme in the game being Westernisation vs. traditionalism.)
Judging by the logo, he's probably got something in his mouth, but I think it'd be more akin to Blackquill's feather than Holmes' pipe. Not necessarily a feather though. Maybe a blade of wheat - so the prosecutor might be from the 'country' - but probably some sort of noble. He owns land. He might think that makes him better than other people, but then again he probably thinks everything makes him better than other people.
Also, he'll probably get a character arc, and won't be such a douchebag by the end of the game. And people will ship him with Ryuu.

Where's the thread for the winners of the last pick your prosecutor?

元・超会社員級の管理人

There's been a bit of a delay in getting prizes organized, and several of the winners are actually MIA due to the long contest period. :oops: We're trying to get in touch with them.

Wooster wrote:

You know, a Mario game!

- Ancestor of Manfred Von Karma, like how the main character is an ancestor of Phoenix.
- Acts incredibly pleasant to Ryunosuke at first, but it's later revealed to be a facade.
- Has similar animations to Von Karma, including the finger snap and the sleeve tug.
- Is older than Ryunosuke, but younger than Von Karma was, in his 40s and 50s.
- Has mutton chops, as I believe they were popular in America at the time. (Meigi Era is in the 1800s, right?)
- Before his facade is broken, he puts a -sama at the end of everyone's name. After it's broken, he puts a -me at the end of everyone's name.
- Wears very expensive looking clothes.
- Drinks from a wine glass during court.
- Goes into Haiku occasionally.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Just another witness

Pierre wrote:
Haon115 wrote:

That's an awfully romantic notion of what the prosecutor will be like. Normally AA leaves relationships ambiguous and up to fan interpretation, this approach seems to go with them heavily implicating romance into the game. It could be interesting to see but I've never really placed a heavy weight on the romance in AA games.

You make a good point. Looking back on this post, this is definitely a stretch. However, I believe In the trailer, the girl's description, "the one beautiful flower who blooms in this new world", points to some sort of storyline that could involve this. Plus, at the moment, I'm rather unsure of how else the new prosecutor would play a major role in the storyline. Then again, it's likely that I'm completely wrong, and that I'm crazy for considering that this could be a possible storyline. Either way, I think that we can all agree that when this new game comes out, it will be an excellent addition to the series.

Gettin' Old!

Haon115 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Haon115 wrote:

You make a good point. Looking back on this post, this is definitely a stretch. However, I believe In the trailer, the girl's description, "the one beautiful flower who blooms in this new world", points to some sort of storyline that could involve this. Plus, at the moment, I'm rather unsure of how else the new prosecutor would play a major role in the storyline. Then again, it's likely that I'm completely wrong, and that I'm crazy for considering that this could be a possible storyline. Either way, I think that we can all agree that when this new game comes out, it will be an excellent addition to the series.

Agreed I'm definitely interested to see how the setting plays into the story as there's a lot of potential to shake up the normal formula and allow for new scenarios given the time period. Still perhaps you have a point about her description I just think it would be odd for them to create an active love triangle in the plot given them mostly avoiding that kinda thing in the past. Still I think one things for sure, at one point the new prosecutor will be accused of murder and will be innocent XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

For justice I fight

- Female

- Around the same age of our protagonist, ( maybe a little older )

- From a rival college

- Acts very refined and shows little emotion in court; however she has a sloppy, uncouth side that shows when she is panicked or caught off guard

- Did not know the protagonist for long, they met recently

- The first trial of the game is her first trial as well as the protagonist

- Is a fair match for the protagonist

- Does not use illegal methods to reach her goal

I may be wrong, but I defiantly think the prosecutor will be female, do to the sole lack of female antagonists in the series. :franny:

Just another witness

Pierre wrote:
Haon115 wrote:

Agreed I'm definitely interested to see how the setting plays into the story as there's a lot of potential to shake up the normal formula and allow for new scenarios given the time period. Still perhaps you have a point about her description I just think it would be odd for them to create an active love triangle in the plot given them mostly avoiding that kinda thing in the past. Still I think one things for sure, at one point the new prosecutor will be accused of murder and will be innocent XD

Yeah, it may be a bit odd for a love triangle, although considering the leader of the project for this game is the same guy who id Trials and Tribulations, I'd say the idea isn't out of the question. Although, on the part of the new prosecutor being accused for murder, I don't see that happening, other than in one scenario. If there isn't a love triangle, perhaps the new prosecutor is the father of the girl, and the main character has to prove his right to marry her by defeating him in trials, and later by defending him in a trial? Of course, that'd lead to the question of who would be the prosecutor for that trial. It certainly wouldn't be Prosecutor Payne of that era I imagine. Speaking of Payne, do you have any predictions on how he will look/be in the new game, if a incarnation of him is present?

Gettin' Old!

Haon115 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Haon115 wrote:

Yeah, it may be a bit odd for a love triangle, although considering the leader of the project for this game is the same guy who id Trials and Tribulations, I'd say the idea isn't out of the question. Although, on the part of the new prosecutor being accused for murder, I don't see that happening, other than in one scenario. If there isn't a love triangle, perhaps the new prosecutor is the father of the girl, and the main character has to prove his right to marry her by defeating him in trials, and later by defending him in a trial? Of course, that'd lead to the question of who would be the prosecutor for that trial. It certainly wouldn't be Prosecutor Payne of that era I imagine. Speaking of Payne, do you have any predictions on how he will look/be in the new game, if a incarnation of him is present?

If Payne is in it his hair will definitely be one of those old 'balding' samurai hairdo.

Spoiler: Like this

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another witness

Pierre wrote:
Haon115 wrote:

If Payne is in it his hair will definitely be one of those old 'balding' samurai hairdo.

Spoiler: Like this

That looks amazing. I am really hoping they do that now. XD
Also, just a quick thought, considering the director of Trials and Tribulations is leading the project, that the game takes place about 100 years ago in Japan, do you think we might see a relation/ancestor of Victor Kudo? It's mentioned at some point in the third game that his ancestors embroidered kimonos in Japan, I believe.

Edit: Got some images confirming the information about Victor Kudo:
http://gyazo.com/bba720a20cbe8f4b13b2ca6f2d37a08d
http://gyazo.com/108d49e9770445eb6428526b00938e68

I'm fine Sir!

I fail terribly at guessing things like these, but I might as well try out my luck. I got a few of my Dual Destinies and PLvsAA epileptic trees confirmed after all. :apollo:

I think the prosecutor would be a male, a lean yet muscular foreign dude who is an ancestor of Manfred von Karma, or if he is not foreign then he is an ancestor of Simon Blackquill (are double guesses allowed? OTL). I'll go for a well-trimmed short hair, with an iconic twist to it. He would be the type of person who strongly believes in law, not the corrupt kind. His personality is NOT like Edgeworth's though, he would be more like a deadpan butler or something, stating all his arguments with a serious/emotionless face and occasionally doing polite actions. Maybe he would be a deadpan snarker too! :D Think of Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred, maybe something like that, minus the old age and plus a few changes naturally. Maybe you can also compare him to some kind of combination of Butler Mode Shelly de Killer and Yutaka Kazami from the Gyakuten Kenji 2. I think he should hold a blade with 'im! A sword, katana or a knife, scissors, whatever, I'm sure he has a blade somewhere... I imagine this new prosecutor would only be around the protagonist's age group, or at most five years older. Of course, speaking politely will also be one of his characteristics. Polite, but not necessarily overly formal either. Maybe a slight spam of "desu", "masu" and the like may be heard, but polite words will not cross the lines of "watakushi". His movement will be rather limited, a part of his reserved personality. I bet he would be wearing.... uhhh... Hmmm.... clothing of the.... err.... blue-violet-dark green color scheme! I think his breakdown/shock animation wouldn't be reserved though; I bet it would involve abstract winds blowing him as whatever accessory he has gets wrongly placed on him. For example, if he has glasses, it would end up being below his nose instead of on the bridge of the nose over his eyes, or if he has a scarf it would end up covering his face and not his neck. His arms would be blocking himself from the winds, and his expression would be a funny, exaggerated shocked face that screams "HOLY CRAP OMG DAF^Q". I think he'll be handsome. :-D Does not have to be a pretty boy, just simply handsome. It's Kazuya Nuri who's working on the designs after all~ xD Ahah! What if he holds a slight resmeblance with 2011 Tygra the same way how Phoenix Wright slightly resembles 2011 Lion-O? Outside court maybe he is an owner of a big company...

PLOT TWIST: One of the cases will occur on the main HQ of his business group.

RANDOM TWIST: He'll be voiced Takahiro Sakurai or Kenichi Suzumura in the Japanese version and by either Steve Burton or Matthew Mercer in the English versions.

Why? This is technically epileptic tree, so random, wishful, and pointless guesses are freeeeeeeeee~ :godot:

Before you believe me, please feel your

- Male

- Around 30 or above of the age.

- One of the soldiers in Japan. He holding the sharp katana of justice.

- He had strict and cunning personality.

- He is the guy who really loves chicks (playboy) proving to be handsome.

- He really knows the protagonist before his first case.

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

I'll test my luck with this thing.

-Male, although not apparently
-Around early twenties
-Has a personal friendship with the protagonist. As a result, hates having to rival with the protagonist; the protagonist and equally dislikes the conflict
-Connected to some sort of nobility or royalty
-Has some connection to demons
-Has a fascination with dark magic
-Has blackish purple hair
-Wardrobe is black with some sort of pattern, featuring purples and whites
-Uses legitimate methods of prosecution

Panicky Veteran Prosecutor

An early ancestor of Winston / Gaspen Payne
Much older than the protagonist
Very overconfident
Undefeated
Loses hair at the end of the final trial
Wears flamboyant clothing
Gorgeous head of hair
Annoying Objection
Uses the forehead tap
Uses classic Payne damage animation
Very rude and condescending
Declares protagonist his rival
After defeat by protaganist swears vengeance on his ancestors for generations to come
Who? Wright? Yeah, I remember him, I hear he's busy lately. You know, not to ring my own bell, but I sort of taught him everything he knows. I'm sure he's grateful.

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

- Male

- About 35 - 40 yrs old

- Has a Lollipop in his mouth
(kinda Tyrell-Baddish, maybe... twist on that pipe for a squeamish America?)

- wears a trench coat

- Complains about young people taking over the courts and the changing tradition

- he's an alchemist; does NOT use a sword
(And makes fun of Ryuunosuke for using one...)

- turns out to be a villain in end, but it's not obvious for a long time

- Betrays his detective lackey's trust as a result
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

THEDERPATTORNEY

Manfred von karma's father or mother
or someone blooded related to the present ace attorney games :godot:

Nationality: American.

Personality: arrogant, patriotic, doesn't care at all about Japanese customs or traditions, which put him at odds with pretty much everyone, but especially the Ryuunosuke's assistant. He will obviously have learned something by the end of the final case, and he'll probably even fall for the protagonist's assistant, symbolic and all, considering she's practically a more modern Japan made flesh.

Looks: Buff, blond and wearing sunglasses.

Style: Cocky, but actually both skilled and efficient. However, once they start talking about Japanese culture or something along those lines, he'll be hopelessly lost.

Essentially Bandit Keith from the Yugioh Abridged...except for the whole learning about other countries part.

I'll go with this, even though a few things seem to speak against the idea. If the prosecutor is obnoxious, then Ryuunosuke would look better in comparison...but this is an Ace Attorney game so we all know that's not happening. Oh well, I'm going with this.

Deception&&contradiction

Hmm..

Male

Age is 30-40
Kind of the older generation believes in doing things the old way..which is why he disapproves Ryuu's ways.
At first, because he's a student newbie and then because of his methods.

Has a japanese smoking pipe.
Rather Bureaucratic believes on being hard on criminals and tough education. Does not welcome change. Stubborn.
Wears classic Japanese Bureaucrat attire.

When Ryuu resolves the last case, he unintentionally helps him but still is stubborn and rejects Ryuu's way till the very end.

Very inflexible and routine in his ways. (Think Vincent Bold from Uchuu Kyoudai?)

Uses very polite Japanese when addressing everyone but is rather pompous (not super-arrogant tho).

Is in the slimmish-fat territory

No relation to any AA characters.

That's all I got.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I know this is NEVER gonna be the prosecutor, but I might as well say it.

The Prosecutor is gonna be a Fey.

Don't call me "space cowboy."

At first I was going to go with a foreigner who's all for the court system, but since Ryuunosuke seems to favour it, I'll go against my first instinct and say they're opposed to it.

- Male Japanese in his 30's
- Long hair with loose bangs and a cowlick
- Narrow eyes. Taller than Ryuunosuke
- Thinks the western trial system is too lenient on criminals and prefers the old ways, but he's loyal to the law so he begrudgingly goes along with it
- Looks and acts dignified. Firm but not in a cold way -- he's still rather smiley
- Polite, formal speech. Uses "watashi"
- Wears a mix of American and traditional Japanese clothing, including a hat and something with a high collar. Dark colour scheme with red tones
- Wears something he'll have in his official artwork but not during in-game trials
- Carries a sword
- Ties to the Shinsengumi

Last edited by space coyote on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Page 1 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps