Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 16[ 626 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Re: Let's Explain Away ContradictionsTopic%20Title

Y'know

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Edgeworth being an asshole is also pretty well-documented.

And when he gets character development, he gets too nice to be an asshole to just anyone, so he just becomes an asshole to Larry instead.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title

Cause of death is being dummy

Title changed, although I wasn't really sure how to update the description.

Edit:
Nearavex wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Edgeworth being an asshole is also pretty well-documented.

And when he gets character development, he gets too nice to be an asshole to just anyone, so he just becomes an asshole to Larry instead.

Is there anyone who isn't an asshole to Larry, though?

Elise

I'm pretty sure Elise is the only person in the whole series who doesn't have their "why are you such a jerk" moments.

I've felt worse.

JesusMonroe wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Is there anyone who isn't an asshole to Larry, though?
Elise

And that's why she died.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

And Lamiroir. That's why her husband died, she got shot by two people she loved, she became blind, lost her memory, forgot her children, and her apprentice was arrested

Ouch

Dang, no wonder everyone's such a dick... :yogi:

Y'know

Huh? How is anything here crack theory?

Servant of the Goddess of Law

One thing I never understood is why did Phoenix Wright never get an official hearing and investigation into the whole forged evidence?
Spoiler:
I mean for crying out loud the P.I.C did a better job handling Edgeworth's review than the BAR/Legal Leauge of Attorneys did. It might as well look like he willingly handed in his badge then go through the entire process. I mean Wright only got the case the day before the trial and had no time to get forged evidence on a short notice or any real motive. The whole handling of his disbarment has really irked me with the amount of plot holes it has.

Nearavex wrote:
Huh? How is anything here crack theory?

Right now it's just apparently to prevent confusion. I would consider us sidetracked...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Except Pearl. Pearl is practically immune to dickery because she's so cute and innocent, even more so than Juniper. She's also more of a badass in that sense.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Except Pearl. Pearl is practically immune to dickery because she's so cute and innocent, even more so than Juniper. She's also more of a badass in that sense.

I dunno, have you seen how often she slaps Nick? Also, her diabolical plot to pair up Maya and Phoenix.

Pearl can be pretty nasty to Nick and Franziska if the situation calls for it. She is generally a nice person, though, and she does have horrible things happen to her, so the point still stands

Actually, my favorite thing about Pearl is how great she is. I have literally never seen a single person say they hate Pearl (please nobody prove me wrong on this). She's just the best. Plus, look at her. How can you hate this face?
Spoiler: Big Image

JesusMonroe wrote:
Pearl can be pretty nasty to Nick and Franziska if the situation calls for it. She is generally a nice person, though, and she does have horrible things happen to her, so the point still stands

Actually, my favorite thing about Pearl is how great she is. I have literally never seen a single person say they hate Pearl (please nobody prove me wrong on this). She's just the best. Plus, look at her. How can you hate this face?

I dunno, man. Some of the Wrightworth shippers I know...

Y'know

Gammalad wrote:
One thing I never understood is why did Phoenix Wright never get an official hearing and investigation into the whole forged evidence?
Spoiler:
I mean for crying out loud the P.I.C did a better job handling Edgeworth's review than the BAR/Legal Leauge of Attorneys did. It might as well look like he willingly handed in his badge then go through the entire process. I mean Wright only got the case the day before the trial and had no time to get forged evidence on a short notice or any real motive. The whole handling of his disbarment has really irked me with the amount of plot holes it has.
Spoiler:
The funny thing also is Edgeworth get his badge back after a day, Phoenix after 8 years.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

I dunno, have you seen how often she slaps Nick? Also, her diabolical plot to pair up Maya and Phoenix.

JesusMonroe wrote:

That's just her badass vigilante side speaking up. She's no less a dick than her aunt. Besides, as "bad" as things have happened to her, she herself was never once inflicted by harm or danger. (It's too bad that there's always someone with her who ends up getting the less fortunate side of the bargain.)

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

I dunno, man. Some of the Wrightworth shippers I know...

Please. As much as they can dislike Pearl's constant advocacy of MayaxPhoenix, they still don't hate her. Let me tell you, there's not one fan of Ace Attorney that would "hate" Pearl other than for her shipperific tendencies. And I welcome a challenge from anyone who disagrees in the pm box.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Nearavex wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The funny thing also is Edgeworth get his badge back after a day, Phoenix after 8 years.

Yeah can someone explain that to me please...Wright's disbarment should have lasted only a week at best.

Gammalad wrote:
Nearavex wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yeah can someone explain that to me please...Wright's disbarment should have lasted only a week at best.

Obviously he did something to piss them off.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Spoiler:
After what Edgeworth did in GK2 and comparing it to what Wright was framed with (and it could be easily proven)I feel like something else had to be at work here...Heck I feel like they could have introduced Apollo into the game a lot easier if instead of the game taking place 7 years later he could have just defended Wright in court against these allegations.

Gammalad wrote:
Spoiler:

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Nearavex wrote:
Spoiler:

Or he decided on his own to turn in his badge. The government in AAverse must suuuck. I do wonder how Edgeworth was even able to become Chief Prosecutor. Was there some sort of "accident" regarding the previous Chief Prosecutor, and what does it mean for Edgey?
And to answer your question, Gammalad...
Spoiler: GK2
In all fairness, Edgeworth turned in his badge, but it wasn't exactly an official petition for retirement. All he really did was pass it off to Courtney, who decided to keep it for him for some reason.

In Nick's case, a board of committees voted on his disbarment and the proper punishment. Instead of sending him to prison, they opted to fire him for 7 years instead. (This also ties in to Japan's old system of legal disbarment procedures, and an attorney that has been disbarred must wait at least 7 years to be able to apply again for instatement.) In Japanifornia, meanwhile, the Legal League of Assholes don't really seem to have any particular restriction set on them...

I wonder if there are rumours that Edgeworth staged an accident for the previous chief prosecutor... and/or that he's been sleeping with some very powerful people...

Seriously though, considering his tendancy to overdramatically resign *coughJFAcough*, he wouldn't exactly be high on my list of "people who should be in a position of real authority". On the plus side, though, the rest of the shown prosecutors are also nuts.

In all fairness, Edgeworth turned in his badge, but it wasn't exactly an official petition for retirement. All he really did was pass it off to Courtney, who decided to keep it for him for some reason.

In Nick's case, a board of committees voted on his disbarment and the proper punishment. Instead of sending him to prison, they opted to fire him for 7 years instead. (This also ties in to Japan's old system of legal disbarment procedures, and an attorney that has been disbarred must wait at least 7 years to be able to apply again for instatement.) In Japanifornia, meanwhile, the Legal League of Assholes don't really seem to have any particular restriction set on them...

I dunno, it would seem that a proper investigation into this would show that Wright was not completely at fault and did not knowingly provide false evidence, thats just what boggles me.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
I wonder if there are rumours that Edgeworth staged an accident for the previous chief prosecutor... and/or that he's been sleeping with some very powerful people...

Seriously though, considering his tendancy to overdramatically resign *coughJFAcough*, he wouldn't exactly be high on my list of "people who should be in a position of real authority". On the plus side, though, the rest of the shown prosecutors are also nuts.

Well I thought Edegworth became Chief Prosecutor shortly before the events of Dual Destinies, so he would have been a prosecutor for over a decade and probably has the most domestic and foreign experience as a prosecutor, so when the time came to appoint a new Chief Prosecutor I am sure Edgeworth would have been high up on the list.

Gammalad wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Well I thought Edegworth became Chief Prosecutor shortly before the events of Dual Destinies, so he would have been a prosecutor for over a decade and probably has the most domestic and foreign experience as a prosecutor, so when the time came to appoint a new Chief Prosecutor I am sure Edgeworth would have been high up on the list.

For some reason I got the impression that he's been chief prosecutor for a really long time, though. But that does make sense.

The King of All

My crack theorey:

The Phoenix Wright we see in Apollo Justice isn't Phoenix Wright, but a deranged hobo impersonating Phoenix.

The Dual Destinies Phoenix is a robot Phoenix, made in the same lab as Athena.

The real Phoenix Wright was reborn as Apollo (he IS a Phoenix after all).

Ema Skye is the real glimmerous fop.

That is all.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Deadpool 9 wrote:
My crack theorey:

The Phoenix Wright we see in Apollo Justice isn't Phoenix Wright, but a deranged hobo impersonating Phoenix.

That is all.

I...I don't even know how to respond to this

Gammalad wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:
My crack theorey:

That is all.

This is brilliant and also I am declaring it canon. Let's pretend I can do that. :karma:

Last edited by AireyVerkhovensky on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edit: Haha double posting. That's what I get for doing almost everything via my phone....

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:
My crack theorey:

That is all.

This is brilliant and also I am declaring it canon. Let's pretend I can do that. :karma:

Well it would be better if we could clear up all these contradictions instead of adding more lol

Gammalad wrote:

I dunno, it would seem that a proper investigation into this would show that Wright was not completely at fault and did not knowingly provide false evidence, thats just what boggles me.

Remember that Kristoph was a member of the board (or a committee of the board, whichever it was). He was the only one there who gave Nick "the benefit of the doubt" and voted against the majority. Then he and Phoenix became friends apparently.

Deadpool 9 wrote:
My crack theorey:

Don't be silly. He was never deranged. He just smoked a little too much weed, as I was saying.

Don't question my royal deductions. I'm not called "The Royal" for nothing. No one's actually going to take this seriously, right?

The King of All

Quote:
No one's actually going to take this seriously, right?

Of course they will because it makes perfect sense and clears up every single contradiction in the entire series :P.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Y'know

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
For some reason I got the impression that he's been chief prosecutor for a really long time, though. But that does make sense.

I believe it was stated in-game the he became Chief Prosecutor a year before Dual Destinies.

Nearavex wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

I believe it was stated in-game the he became Chief Prosecutor a year before Dual Destinies.

Hm. In that case, I totally missed that.

You know, a Mario game!

Here are a couple of mine:

Manfred Von Karma is Pearl's father.
Gregory Edgeworth is Maya and Mia's father. To the same extent, Misty Fey is Miles' mother, making them siblings.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Remember that Kristoph was a member of the board (or a committee of the board, whichever it was). He was the only one there who gave Nick "the benefit of the doubt" and voted against the majority. Then he and Phoenix became friends apparently.

I dunno it still makes even less sense to me, wouldn't the committee question Kirstoph as well since he was the one handled the case not even 24 hours before the start of the trial? I mean come on a simple investigation and some logic would have came to the conclusion that Wright could not have forged the evidence. I am even surprised Edgeworth didn't do his own investigation into it knowing the person he is. The whole thing is just rather fishy....maybe it will be some sort of build up for AA6 to explain this whole thing.

Nearavex wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

I wonder who was the Chief Prosecutor before him and wonder why he got the can...ONLY GK3 CAN ANSWER THAT!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Godot is a clone of Diego Armando. It would explain away the implausible "woke up from five year coma because someone brought coffee into my room for the first time in five years" story. What actually happened was someone had coffee in the room when Godot was first "activated." It could also explain why Godot's eyes don't work quite right.

And let's face it, Terry Fawles was poisoned by the same stuff Diego was poisoned with, but Terry died and Diego only ended up in a coma? I don't think so.

[Whip the cream!]

Deadpool 9 wrote:
My crack theorey:

Hahahahaha. :gant-jazz:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Y'know

TheDoctor wrote:
Godot is a clone of Diego Armando. It would explain away the implausible "woke up from five year coma because someone brought coffee into my room for the first time in five years" story. What actually happened was someone had coffee in the room when Godot was first "activated." It could also explain why Godot's eyes don't work quite right.

And let's face it, Terry Fawles was poisoned by the same stuff Diego was poisoned with, but Terry died and Diego only ended up in a coma? I don't think so.

Who said it was the same stuff? I mean, the stuff that poisoned Diego was stolen from Doug Swallow's laboratory, the stuff that poisoned Terry was somehow obtained when Dahlia was merely 14 years old... It's pretty doubtful she'd get it from the not-yet boyfriend back then...

Also, I hoped we'd actually go ahead and stay on-line with the original purpose of this thread... somewhere, at least.

Gammalad wrote:

I dunno it still makes even less sense to me, wouldn't the committee question Kirstoph as well since he was the one handled the case not even 24 hours before the start of the trial? I mean come on a simple investigation and some logic would have came to the conclusion that Wright could not have forged the evidence. I am even surprised Edgeworth didn't do his own investigation into it knowing the person he is. The whole thing is just rather fishy....maybe it will be some sort of build up for AA6 to explain this whole thing.

Nobody knew Kristoph was his lawyer. That's why he killed Zak. He was the only man who knew
Page 2 of 16 [ 626 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby