Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 13 of 14[ 536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ ThreadTopic%20Title

About that last case something that rather disappointed me.

Spoiler:
What about Kristoph's phylocks?

Spoiler:
We never got to know what is behind them. It implies there is something else behind Zak's murder. Or just shows us this something else behind the murder is the forgery. Who knows.

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler:
We never got to know what is behind them. It implies there is something else behind Zak's murder. Or just shows us this something else behind the murder is the forgery. Who knows.

Spoiler: Black Psychelocks
Indeed we never find out what they mean... but I always figured they were holding back the reason for the murder. Zak had wounded Kristoph's pride. At least, that's what I thought was the reason for killing Zak as Shadi later on, because he had finally found that jerk. As for the forgery, it's explained that Kristoph always planned on using a forgery, so there had to be no "reason" behind getting the forgery done. He just wanted to win the case and get his client off.

C-A

This might not have anything to do with GS5 per se, but how do you pronounce the Japanese names?

builderkid107 wrote:
This might not have anything to do with GS5 per se, but how do you pronounce the Japanese names?

With most Japanese names, remember to put emphasis on the third syllable of the name and not the second as it is done with English names. If the name has less than three syllalbes, the emphasis gets put onto the last syllable.

Trucy is called Minuki, so you pretty much pronounce her Mii-noo-KI <- short syllable.
For Apollo, his name is a take on the term of being surprised, so I generally just pronounce him how you pronounce that. Odoroki. All said pretty fast, although I personally tend to pronounce the ki at the end to sound like Oh-doh-roh-kiii. Similar to Apollo, Phoenix' last name is Naruhodo from "I see" which is pretty much pronounced in a way like Odoroki. Na-roo-hoh-doh, also said a bit on the fast side.
Kristoph Gavin is called Kirihito, Kii-rii-hi-toh, Garyuu, a slight exception since the emphasis is GAH-ryuu (Gah-reeyuu) and in similar fashion, Klavier is called Kyouya, Kyou-yah (Keeyoh-yah) and such.

Those are pretty much the top four that I think are important for GS4...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:

With most Japanese names, remember to put emphasis on the third syllable of the name and not the second as it is done with English names. If the name has less than three syllalbes, the emphasis gets put onto the last syllable.

Trucy is called Minuki, so you pretty much pronounce her Mii-noo-KI <- short syllable.
For Apollo, his name is a take on the term of being surprised, so I generally just pronounce him how you pronounce that. Odoroki. All said pretty fast, although I personally tend to pronounce the ki at the end to sound like Oh-doh-roh-kiii. Similar to Apollo, Phoenix' last name is Naruhodo from "I see" which is pretty much pronounced in a way like Odoroki. Na-roo-hoh-doh, also said a bit on the fast side.
Kristoph Gavin is called Kirihito, Kii-rii-hi-toh, Garyuu, a slight exception since the emphasis is GAH-ryuu (Gah-reeyuu) and in similar fashion, Klavier is called Kyouya, Kyou-yah (Keeyoh-yah) and such.

Those are pretty much the top four that I think are important for GS4...

C-A

GS4? I'm sure I asked in the GS5 forums :payne:
Oh well, nice to know. ^_^

It's GS4 thread....

CatMuto wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Black Psychelocks
Indeed we never find out what they mean... but I always figured they were holding back the reason for the murder. Zak had wounded Kristoph's pride. At least, that's what I thought was the reason for killing Zak as Shadi later on, because he had finally found that jerk. As for the forgery, it's explained that Kristoph always planned on using a forgery, so there had to be no "reason" behind getting the forgery done. He just wanted to win the case and get his client off.

C-A

Spoiler: GS5 Black Psychelock explanation - case 5 spoilers
After they showed up on Ms. Cykes, Wright asked Pearl and she researched the matter. Her research showed that a black Psyche-Lock "protects a secret from the deepest place in a person's heart," and is one that "that person isn't even consciously aware of." According to Pearl's research, "if they are ripped off by force, it could cause permanent damage to a person's soul."

We are, however, still lacking an explanation behind Kristoph Gavin's locks. We may never know for certain what he was keeping on lockdown.

mew4ever23 wrote:
Spoiler: GS5 Black Psychelock explanation - case 5 spoilers
After they showed up on Ms. Cykes, Wright asked Pearl and she researched the matter. Her research showed that a black Psyche-Lock "protects a secret from the deepest place in a person's heart," and is one that "that person isn't even consciously aware of." According to Pearl's research, "if they are ripped off by force, it could cause permanent damage to a person's soul."

We are, however, still lacking an explanation behind Kristoph Gavin's locks. We may never know for certain what he was keeping on lockdown.

The realization that he was a total baby?

C-A

I want to know if there's a way to replace the backgrounds in court from PW:JFA with the ones from AJ:AA. So far I've tried using CrystalTile2 and PWSE but I keep coming to a dead end.

In CrystalTile2 I can't find any graphic files to replace (the tutorials show an example where a .carc file is decompressed). When I open a PW ROM, I can't find any .carc files. Instead I find a bunch of .bin files.

As far as PWSE goes I found out that you can only change text and that's about it.

So can anyone tell me a good PW editor for replacing backgrounds (if such an editor exists in the first place)?

Can't think of a way that would work, but you do know that it would result in some sprites looking really off, due to the changed nature in the courtrooms? The pre-GS4 sprites would basically be missing the lower half, what with the witness stand now being visibly open bars and not a block.

C-A

I've been wondering about the picture in Phoenix's locket. On the website, there's an image showing a picture of 15-years-old Trucy in the locket. The same picture was used in the intro of Dual Destinies.
But in the game, it's a picture of 8-years-old Trucy that shows up.
I've searched a little and some people have been saying that it was changed between the Japanese and the English version, but I've checked both and the 8-years-old Trucy appears in both versions...
So where does that image come from?

Maybe they first had one version, but decided to use the other version just before releasing the game?

C-A

Spoiler: 4-1
The very thing with victim facing the wall was assumption. Assumption that was made from that card, true, but it was hardly a proof of that, as it was not found at the crime scene. Assumptions don't prove anything. I'm not sure if I missed something, but how was Kristoph's guilt proven in the first place?

Spoiler: 4-4
Lack of evidence? There was a letter, which would hardly be conveniently disposed of by a highly monitored prisoner, there were recordings, there was nail polish... How does this all count as lack of evidence?

I've felt worse.

Sligneris wrote:
The very thing with victim facing the wall was assumption. Assumption that was made from that card, true, but it was hardly a proof of that, as it was not found at the crime scene. Assumptions don't prove anything. I'm not sure if I missed something, but how was Kristoph's guilt proven in the first place?

Spoiler:
Kristoph knew the victim was bald, even though the victim's hat never came off until he was killed.
...I just realized how ridiculous that sounds.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Assumptions are enough in the AA-verse. Come on, this is a world where you get taken in as the murderer if you sneeze in semi-close proximity to the crime scene. And all the other murderers were technically convincted on circumstances or assumptions.

As for the letter, maybe... Kristoph ate... with fava beans. Or he dunked it inside the flower vase - I think there was a flower vase - and the letter got soaked and disintegrated into smaller parts of "just junk" that Kristoph threw away.
Hey, Phoenix was alone in that cell for a bit when they took Kristoph away for something, it's possible that Kristophs gets an alone moment now and then.

C-A

sumguy28 wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Spoiler:
Kristoph knew the victim was bald, even though the victim's hat never came off until he was killed.
...I just realized how ridiculous that sounds.

That proved he was on the scene, not that he killed Shadi Enigmar.

The only things proven, the way I see it:

Kristoph Gavin was the forth person on the crime scene. The bottles were swapped. The cards were swapped.

Now, how did we get on to his guilt again?...

Sligneris wrote:
Now, how did we get on to his guilt again?...

Doesn he, like, confess, too?

C-A

He does, which is exactly why I don't get it. I'd expect more from Kristoph xD

Sligneris wrote:
He does, which is exactly why I don't get it. I'd expect more from Kristoph xD

Well, remember... he initially killed because his stupid pride was hurt. Being thrown in the face with circumstantial and assumed evidence probably made him blow a cap or so. Just proves that he was anything but properly put together to begin with.

C-A

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
Lack of evidence? There was a letter, which would hardly be conveniently disposed of by a highly monitored prisoner, there were recordings, there was nail polish... How does this all count as lack of evidence?

Was he really highly monitored? It wouldn't surprise me if he was able to get rid of the letter. As for the nail polish, it doesn't prove anything and it could be just a coincidence.
Not sure about the recordings though. Maybe they would be considered illegal evidence or something?

Anyway, I have a question. If we assume there really wasn't evidence to incriminate Kristoph.
I was under the impression that Phoenix set up the jury system because that would be the only way to have Kristoph be found guilty of the forgery (correct me if I'm wrong).
However in the test trial for the jury system, Vera was the defendant, not Kristoph. Vera was found not guilty, but that doesn't make Kristoph guilty. Unless there was later another trial with the jury system, was Kristoph really found guilty? Was Phoenix's name really cleared? I feel like I'm missing something.

The video game boy; the one who wins

As far as I know, he wasn't found guilty. It was pretty obvious, but as he himself said, they didn't have any definitive evidence, and his breakdown only concerned the jurist system, so he didn't confess it then either.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

All we know is that Phoenix returned to law after Misham trial. He was quite a respected lawyer at that in DD, so his name was most likely cleared already.

The way I see it is that they achieved something - they had Kristoph as a suspect. That way, police had a reason to conduct thorough investigation, including his cell.

Quote:
Maybe they would be considered illegal evidence or something?

Pfffffiyahahahahahaha! :gant:

A ton of evidence in the AA games is aquired illegally or is illegal to begin with!
I doubt that would be a problem for this one case.

C-A

Oh, well, it is, 'cause the storyline. It happened in 1-5 too.

Spoiler: case 3
Seriously, what did Machi do up there on the platform with the guitar and LeTouse?

Be unconscious?

C-A

Dunno, I was the one wondering. So then... he was put unconscious and then brought there?

GoingforMiles wrote:
Dunno, I was the one wondering. So then... he was put unconscious and then brought there?

Probably? They need a silly reason to arrest him, anyway.

C-A

Reason for arresting Machi is a joke anyway, so....

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I have a question, and even if it seems silly, I'm genuinely curious. According to the official GS5 visual book, Apollo's height comes to 165 cm (~5'5"). However, in most of the art books before then, Apollo is clearly drawn to be a whole head shorter than Phoenix. If the latter is supposed to be 176 cm (~5'9"), then why does Apollo look so short? I suspect that his height given in the GS5 book includes his spikes, but in that case, it suggests they add 4 - 5 cm to his actual height. Then, that makes his actual height ~161 cm (~5'3").

This is what happens when you don't drink enough milk in your childhood.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

CatMuto wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Probably? They need a silly reason to arrest him, anyway.

C-A

Silly indeed. It would take an unusually stupid killer to put themselves in that position.

Quote:
This is what happens when you don't drink enough milk in your childhood.

:objection:

On topic though, I think he's usually drawn a tiny bit taller than Athena, who's 162.

GoingforMiles wrote:
On topic though, I think he's usually drawn a tiny bit taller than Athena, who's 162.

It's nice to know that, sometimes, I AM taller than other people...

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

CatMuto wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

It's nice to know that, sometimes, I AM taller than other people...

C-A

Yes... With my Apollo-esque stature: yes. :viola: (And the bugger is still slightly taller than me.)
(...and I liked milk as a child... It didn't save me. :acro: Good thing I like being short now. The thought of being the shortest one in the family always scared me as a kiddie.))

Edit: I originally wrote "Good thing I like being shot now". No, I don't think I bloody do.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Okay, fine, you guys caught me. Height is mainly determined through genetics, but several other factors, like routine exercise, diet, and physical/social environments also contribute to a person's growth.

...but both Zak and Thalassa looked like people of normal height. Not to mention, Apollo looks kinda skinny too. What does this imply? Am I just asking pointless questions again?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I wouldn't say genetics automatically means your height. I mean, I come from a family where my mother is 171 cms, my father is like 190cm (over 6 feet) and my brother is the same height. I'm stuck at 165 cms.

But if it's genetics, maybe Apollo takes after his father, who was shorter than Thalassa.

C-A

What genetics contribute to a person's growth is what the expected range of heights is going to be; it doesn't mean that it'd always be some average or medium number between your mother's and father's heights. Also, men and women grow at very different rates.

What milk does to help growth is supply calcium required for bone growth, which is a major factor in overall body growth. It doesn't do much else that other dairy products can do too.

Needless to say, Apollo's height has been declared at 165 cm. He just looks short compared to some of these other characters who seem to have better luck with physical growth.

Why does this keep happening. I come up with questions just so I can answer them myself. Aaaaaaaaagh!

Ok, I've had too much internet and I can't stand this anymore so I have to ask - what is the deal with people and Apollo's ass?! :apollo-shock:

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Ok, I've had too much internet and I can't stand this anymore so I have to ask - what is the deal with people and Apollo's ass?! :apollo-shock:

...w-what? :beef:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

GoingforMiles wrote:

I thought he had a pet cat.

Page 13 of 14 [ 536 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)