Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 58 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Quote:
According to one interview from some time I don't remember, Takumi had initially planned for Nick's first case to be about his mentor's murder. After some thought, he decided against it, just to let the players better associate with Mia by including a very simple case before it.

So Takumi thought that we'd give a crap that Mia died after knowing her for ONE WHOLE CASE? Fuck, what IS it with game developers who think that killing off a character after we've known them for barely some time is actually gonna have an impact on us? This case is especially bad. Okay, if a character dies and I've never seen them before, I might say that the character has a bigger relationship with them and I might buy that. But giving me something just to give me SOMETHING that I'm supposed to care about fails for me. I don't instantly fall for a character after knowing them for five minutes. (In Mia's case, all of about 40 minutes, how long the case originally took my LP, where she basically had the role of shout stupid control exposition)

Also, yes, it's incredibly dumb that Mia gives Maya evidence. I WOULD say she should give it to the police, but considering how incompetent the police is, they would've practically shoved it up White's splendiferous ass.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:
Also, yes, it's incredibly dumb that Mia gives Maya evidence. I WOULD say she should give it to the police, but considering how incompetent the police is, they would've practically shoved it up White's splendiferous ass.

C-A

or Edgeworth's, hmm, yes Exactly why Mia didn't really have much of a choice. The evidence would be relatively safer several miles out from the city. Granted, White could easily search out the place himself, but at least there'd be a time delay before White actually picked it out. She was just holding out for that one trial she meant to attend.

Grossberg obviously couldn't be trusted. Her only other choice would be with Nick. Nick.

Yeah, might as well pass it onto Maya.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Well, I will say, she should've called Maya via her cellphone. If Mia apparently was so aware of White and what he could do and all, you'd think she'd do as much as she could to avoid anything she did to somehow get to White's knowledge. Yes, I'm saying she should've thought the possibility of her phone being tapped existed.

C-A

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who heavily sympathizes with Misty's plight
sumguy28 wrote:
the knife landed in the exact same wound. Should a competent coroner have picked up on this? Yes. However, the autopsy reports in this series include concluding that the victim died instantly due to loss of blood and not realizing that a prop spear can't kill someone

That would have to be incredibly lucky stabbing, though, especially considering Lana's hands were shaking so much that she cut herself on the knife. I suppose the report could've meant death was caused by one fatal stab, though

CatMuto wrote:
Well, I will say, she should've called Maya via her cellphone. If Mia apparently was so aware of White and what he could do and all, you'd think she'd do as much as she could to avoid anything she did to somehow get to White's knowledge. Yes, I'm saying she should've thought the possibility of her phone being tapped existed.

C-A

But her cellphone could have been tapped! Yeah I got nothing. Still, this is nothing compared to the random memo she happened to have. In a way, it's like she planned it all out, down to her potential murder.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who heavily sympathizes with Misty's plight
sumguy28 wrote:
the knife landed in the exact same wound. Should a competent coroner have picked up on this? Yes. However, the autopsy reports in this series include concluding that the victim died instantly due to loss of blood and not realizing that a prop spear can't kill someone

That would have to be incredibly lucky stabbing, though, especially considering Lana's hands were shaking so much that she cut herself on the knife. I suppose the report could've meant death was caused by one fatal stab, though

You should reconsider
Even then, the autopsy report should have mentioned multiple non-fatal stabbings. If anything, the evidence suggests that she stabbed her own hand, right where she was supposed to stab him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

or Edgeworth's, hmm, yes Exactly why Mia didn't really have much of a choice. The evidence would be relatively safer several miles out from the city. Granted, White could easily search out the place himself, but at least there'd be a time delay before White actually picked it out. She was just holding out for that one trial she meant to attend.

Grossberg obviously couldn't be trusted. Her only other choice would be with Nick. Nick.

Yeah, might as well pass it onto Maya.

I agree that Mia couldn't have entrusted the evidence with any organisation, but I still think it seems weird for her to pass it on to her sister. If the phone hadn't been wiretapped and the evidence had been given to Maya, it would have put her in a very dangerous position. I understand somewhat that Mia was backed into a corner in the case with White, but what about the other cases where Maya kept the evidence for her? Surely not all of those were related to corrupt organisations?

CatMuto wrote:
So Takumi thought that we'd give a crap that Mia died after knowing her for ONE WHOLE CASE? Fuck, what IS it with game developers who think that killing off a character after we've known them for barely some time is actually gonna have an impact on us? This case is especially bad. Okay, if a character dies and I've never seen them before, I might say that the character has a bigger relationship with them and I might buy that. But giving me something just to give me SOMETHING that I'm supposed to care about fails for me. I don't instantly fall for a character after knowing them for five minutes. (In Mia's case, all of about 40 minutes, how long the case originally took my LP, where she basically had the role of shout stupid control exposition)

C-A

I was actually pretty shocked when Mia died. I think it was because when I was playing the first case, I was pretty sure that it was going along the route that eventually Phoenix and Mia would become a couple. So, when Mia got killed, I was so surprised that it went in a really different (and much better) direction to what I'd expected. I wasn't really upset though, as like you said, she wasn't really around for that long. I felt more like I was disappointed she wouldn't be developed as a character (but then she came back as ghosty Mia, so it's all good :mia-maya: ).

A quick aside: why would Lana take this photo? According to her, she was so afraid of Ema being implicated that she falsified evidence, but she chose to take this photo of the crime scene as it was before she changed it? And had it developed and printed? And then, I guess, kept it in a book in her office? Also, regardless of the fact that I was unable to see it until now, the fact is that Phoenix received this photo at recess--that is, while Lana was still maintaining the lie that this had nothing to do with covering up for Ema. What the fuck is Lana's game here? "Here's a photo of the actual crime scene as I found it, but please don't look at it until the plot-appointed time!"

Okay, I may be rather tipsy right now and my head isn't working 100%, but that's a good question. Why did Lana have a picture of the murder and kept it for 2 years? If she was trying to hide the fact that Ema killed Marshall*, why take this picture. Why keep it in a book. Especially, why give it to Gumshoe to give it to Wright and - according to the script - was to give it to him "if, by chance, there was a recess in today's trial". What if there had been no recess? And if that was still when she was trying to avoid all doors being opened for SL-9 again, why even bother getting it brought to him? It makes no sense.

* and again what kind of a shit sister is Lana if she comes across a scene of a dead body and one of the unconscious people is a known multiple homicider? Who in their right mind would think it was their sister who killed him?
And the damn Jar doesn't count. If it was dark in that damn room, dark enough for her to not know WHAT was written on the jar shards, it was likely too dark for her to find any damn shards. Then again I've got a whole slew of problems with that damn shard. I mean jar. Whoa tipsy... :meekins:

C-A

I've felt worse.

There wouldn't have been a recess had her confession at the beginning of Day 4 trial been accepted. In that event, Lana would have been found guilty and SL-9 would have never been touched upon again. She knew that if the trial did last long enough for a recess, then the secret she has kept hidden for two years would most likely be revealed. In that scenario, the only positive result would be to admit it and hope that Wright could prove what Gant has done over the past two years.

Hey, at least she didn't threaten Ema after she found out she was a l'Cie*. And Lana did know what was written on the shards. Aside from the part where she said she had a flashlight and a camera, that entire testimony was a lie.

*You see why I kept bringing up XIII on this thread? There are too many shared tropes between this case and that game. The sisters whose parents died when they were young, so the older sister acted as a parent to the younger sister, but then she makes an ill-informed move which only serves to alienate her from the younger sister, but they inevitably reconcile in the end; the unsubtle metaphor for the Catholic Church acting as the villain; a character who appeared in a previous game is portrayed in a way that makes no sense.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
There wouldn't have been a recess had her confession at the beginning of Day 4 trial been accepted. In that event, Lana would have been found guilty and SL-9 would have never been touched upon again. She knew that if the trial did last long enough for a recess, then the secret she has kept hidden for two years would most likely be revealed. In that scenario, the only positive result would be to admit it and hope that Wright could prove what Gant has done over the past two years.

Hey, at least she didn't threaten Ema after she found out she was a l'Cie*. And Lana did know what was written on the shards. Aside from the part where she said she had a flashlight and a camera, that entire testimony was a lie.

*You see why I kept bringing up XIII on this thread? There are too many shared tropes between this case and that game. The sisters whose parents died when they were young, so the older sister acted as a parent to the younger sister, but then she makes an ill-informed move which only serves to alienate her from the younger sister, but they inevitably reconcile in the end; the unsubtle metaphor for the Catholic Church acting as the villain; a character who appeared in a previous game is portrayed in a way that makes no sense.

For one, that was Day 3 and not Day 4, but that may have been a typo on your part. Also, considering Lana was so vehement about trying to keep Ema out of things (DESPITE THERE ACTUALLY NOT BEING ANY *GOOD* PROOF THAT EMA HAD DONE SHIT) and her secret hidden, why the hell would she even try to keep the secret hidden?

And by secret I am referring to the fact that she forged the scene FOR EMA'S SAKE. If Lana had admitted she forged evidence (which she admitted to) and only did it for her own sake (which she also did) it would've been fine. Actually didn't she freaking FIRE Phoenix as her defense? And if she was oh so determined to be found guilty, why even let Phoenix take over her defense to begin with? (Plot convenience, bla bla, this case STILL shouldn't exist)

Also that last part of XIII makes no sense. What reoccuring character?

C-A

PS: Putting Gant as the church is hilarious for me, cause I do see him as the type of christian who "prays the gay" out of people. Really, it's all I can do to get some fun out of this guy. What's up with the dumb killers never keeping their damn mouth shut?

I've felt worse.

Day 4 refers to the final trial day, counting the first investigation as day 1.
Good proof? Under AA standards, those shards alone would have convicted Ema. It's not like Darke could have made that. Why would he know her sister's name?
Looking at the evidence alone at the scene of Goodman's supposed crime scene, anyone could have deduced that Lana did it. It's only because of the incident in the evidence room that Wright is able to extend the trial and buy time to find out everything, which Lana could not have possibly known about. So why did Lana allow Wright to take the trial? Simple.
Spoiler:
She only went along with her plan because she didn't want to hurt Ema. With this, it became clear that her actions were hurting her regardless. Allowing Phoenix Wright to defend her was the least she could do to tell her that she didn't want to abandon her.
BTW, scroll up and close the spoiler tab.

What did I say?

Gant is a much more complex character than you give him credit for. While it's not directly stated in any stupid notes section, it is implied that the reason for Gant's actions was because he didn't believe that the court system itself could properly carry out justice. This only became more apparent when Darke could have avoided conviction by normal means. By controlling a chief prosecutor, he could do more to insure that justice is carried out. It certainly beats one-dimensional Manfred, who utterly failed at making Edgeworth a demon prosecutor. Seriously, the only thing Edgeworth has ever done that could have counted as horrible that we know of was call a witness with acute stress disorder to the stand oh wait.

At least when Gant's the church, there are no bullshit implications. With Barthandelus as the church, it's like the narrative is trying to say that church caused the Holocaust. Fun fact: they didn't.
I'll continue this on the Final Fantasy thread.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Gant is a much more complex character than you give him credit for. While it's not directly stated in any stupid notes section, it is implied that the reason for Gant's actions was because he didn't believe that the court system itself could properly carry out justice. This only became more apparent when Darke could have avoided conviction by normal means. By controlling a chief prosecutor, he could do more to insure that justice is carried out. It certainly beats one-dimensional Manfred, who utterly failed at making Edgeworth a demon prosecutor. Seriously, the only thing Edgeworth has ever done that could have counted as horrible that we know of was call a witness with acute stress disorder to the stand oh wait.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Von Karma (I do like Gant more, though. On my favorite character list, Gant was number 2 and Von Karma was number 3). He might've been one-dimensional, but he was so evil that he was just...fun. He destroyed so many lives all for the sake of something that only mattered to him

Notably, Gant is the only final villain from Takumi whose motive didn't derive from pettiness

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler: conserving space

Now if anything doesn't make sense, it's this. We all know Proto Badger doesn't have pupils.

JesusMonroe wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

I don't think you're giving enough credit to Von Karma (I do like Gant more, though. On my favorite character list, Gant was number 2 and Von Karma was number 3). He might've been one-dimensional, but he was so evil that he was just...fun. He destroyed so many lives all for the sake of something that only mattered to him

Notably, Gant is the only final villain from Takumi whose motive didn't derive from pettiness

Then by your definition of "pettiness", there's also Godot.

I don't really see Godot as a villain. I consider Dahlia to be the final villain. Though, I think a reasonable argument could be made that Godot was petty, even if I wouldn't agree with all of it

Quote:
Good proof? Under AA standards, those shards alone would have convicted Ema. It's not like Darke could have made that. Why would he know her sister's name?

She did not see the writing on THE JAR, and even if she had, the legible letters would have just been an "E" and an "A," which are also in the name "Darke." - VGR. That's a perfectly legitimate point. EMA and DARKE at least share two letters, the Jar was broken and she already admitted she couldn't read what (if anything) was written on the Jar, she just picked the shards up.

And I stand by it. If I enter a room and see a dead person, my sister and a known killer, of course my first thought is that the killer killed and not my sister. Remember, at that point, the handprint was also cut out of Marshall's vest, so there wasn't even that there to indicate Ema.

On the note of the Jar... that thing makes no sense. Okay, if anyone bumps into the dresser with that dumb unstable jar on it, it would tip over and roll off and break or fall and break. How the fuck did that thing ever fly into the damn air high enough above Marshall and Darke? I may not be the best in physics, but I do recall that not being very possible with just bumping into something. If someone had actually thrown it into the air, I would see that happening. But even so, why did that fucking thing not break when it supposedly flew through the air? What, a dumb unstable jar like that can do a kamikaze attack, fall from over 10 Feet height and not break, but when Gant comes in to write EMA on it and throws it probably from about 3 Feet onto the ground, it breaks? What kind of dumb adamantite is this jar made of?

Quote:

Godot's reason is the epitome of Pettiness and Chronic Hero Syndrome mixed with Stupidity.

C-A

PS: THAT FUCKING BLUE BADGER!! :tigre:

PPS: I would also like to blame Jake Marshall for this entire crap. Had he not gotten on Goodman's case so much about wanting to see the evidence and not stolen his damn card, Goodman wouldn't have had to go to Gant and talk about the evidence and get stabbed. Good fucking job, Marshall, you killed an innocent man cause you can't let the fuck go. (Also, Marshall decided to dress up as Goodman AFTER he learned of his death? Herp derp, lemme dress up as a DEAD PERSON ON CAMERA when I know this'll totally backfire)

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

She did not see the writing on THE JAR, and even if she had, the legible letters would have just been an "E" and an "A," which are also in the name "Darke." - VGR. That's a perfectly legitimate point. EMA and DARKE at least share two letters, the Jar was broken and she already admitted she couldn't read what (if anything) was written on the Jar, she just picked the shards up.

And I stand by it. If I enter a room and see a dead person, my sister and a known killer, of course my first thought is that the killer killed and not my sister. Remember, at that point, the handprint was also cut out of Marshall's vest, so there wasn't even that there to indicate Ema.

On the note of the Jar... that thing makes no sense. Okay, if anyone bumps into the dresser with that dumb unstable jar on it, it would tip over and roll off and break or fall and break. How the fuck did that thing ever fly into the damn air high enough above Marshall and Darke? I may not be the best in physics, but I do recall that not being very possible with just bumping into something. If someone had actually thrown it into the air, I would see that happening. But even so, why did that fucking thing not break when it supposedly flew through the air? What, a dumb unstable jar like that can do a kamikaze attack, fall from over 10 Feet height and not break, but when Gant comes in to write EMA on it and throws it probably from about 3 Feet onto the ground, it breaks? What kind of dumb adamantite is this jar made of?

She saw the writing; she just couldn't make out what it said. Even then, there weren't any signs to indicate that there was also a 'D', an 'R', and a 'K' among there. And going by the Japanese names, since it was written in kanji, there's no way she'd confuse Akane as "Ao" or "kage" or "Jou". (It is pretty silly how she didn't figure out it was faked. Why write 茜, especially so legibly, when he could just write アカネ and spare himself some last-minute effort? And besides, he'd obviously write 丈, "Jou", since it's only three strokes.)

The jar didn't move anywhere. Gant wrote on it, threw it on the ground next to the suit of armor, and left.

Quote:
PPS: I would also like to blame Jake Marshall for this entire crap. Had he not gotten on Goodman's case so much about wanting to see the evidence and not stolen his damn card, Goodman wouldn't have had to go to Gant and talk about the evidence and get stabbed. Good fucking job, Marshall, you killed an innocent man cause you can't let the fuck go. (Also, Marshall decided to dress up as Goodman AFTER he learned of his death? Herp derp, lemme dress up as a DEAD PERSON ON CAMERA when I know this'll totally backfire)

He didn't expect to stay there for more than 5 minutes, and it's better than popping in there undisguised. And even he knows how incompetent his fellow officers can be. They wouldn't find anything wrong with that footage if Meekins wasn't screaming on camera.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

STOP LISTENING TO VGR. THAT WEBSITE IS LESS ACCURATE THAN ZERO PUNCTUATION REVIEWING A JRPG! AND IT FAILS AT BEING FUNNY!
I posted this a while back:
Does this look like DARKE to you?
Second, where the hell did you get 10 feet and 3 feet from? Gant's at least six feet tall.
Spoiler: Bare with me here, I'm not an artist
On the left is before, on the right is during the second flash of lightning. The brown is the suit of armor, the green is the jar.
From where Ema was, the jar did not need to be 10 feet above the ground to make the image she saw, and no where is it ever alluded to being ten feet above the ground.

Do not try this at home: Take a glass tumbler from your house. Put it three feet above ground, then drop it without adding any extra force. Now take a similar object, lift it above your head, and throw it with all your force. Which one broke? No I'm not asking you to destroy your household objects, so I'll just tell you: the second one broke.
And if Goodman didn't already have his own doubts about the case, he wouldn't have went along with Marshall's plan. And are you suggesting that Marshall go in the room with a sign that says "Hi, I'm Marshall!" This isn't like FFXIII where listening to the church makes you completely incapable of thinking.

Quote:
Second, where the hell did you get 10 feet and 3 feet from?

Honestly I pulled those numbers out of my ass. I use Metric, so I use meters and such, not feet. And I was guessing, well, maybe one meter is three feet and such. And I think the jar must've jumped up close to 3 meters if it was visible above Marshall and Darke.

Quote:
Do not try this at home: Take a glass tumbler from your house. Put it three feet above ground, then drop it without adding any extra force. Now take a similar object, lift it above your head, and throw it with all your force. Which one broke? No I'm not asking you to destroy your household objects, so I'll just tell you: the second one broke.

Well how the fuck did the Jar jump ABOVE Marshall and Darke - and even if they were semi-leaning/crouched like in the picture, that's still at least 2 meters in the fucking air. And remember, that jar is already unstable. I STILL fail to see how it got HIGH in the air if someone fucking bumped into it. How can that thing NOT break AT THAT POINT?

Quote:
And if Goodman didn't already have his own doubts about the case, he wouldn't have went along with Marshall's plan. And are you suggesting that Marshall go in the room with a sign that says "Hi, I'm Marshall!"

No, but face it, Marshall stealing the ID Card DID lead to Goodman's death. And Marshall is STILL a fucking idiot for hearing about the guy's death and still going through with the stupid plan of going in. ESPECIALLY considering he's the damn guard for the stupid room, what, AFTER TWO YEARS he never got the idea of doing this before? Did he even try anything beforehand?

Quote:
Does this look like DARKE to you?

Lana couldn't fucking tell what was written on the fucking jar shards! She admits she had no idea what it said. And besides, it was in fucking shards. And it was dark. How the hell would she even THINK Ema did it? Face it, she's a stupid woman who thinks her sister did something terrible WITH NO FUCKING PROPER PROOF IN THE ENTIRE ROOM! The leather with her handprint? Removed. The jar? In shards. And again. DARKE was there. Why does Lana think her SISTER committed an accidental murder when there's a fucking KNOWN MURDERER in the room?

C-A

PS: Sorry for the capslock and bold, but this case is a pile of crap and takes too long.

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Well how the fuck did the Jar jump ABOVE Marshall and Darke - and even if they were semi-leaning/crouched like in the picture, that's still at least 2 meters in the fucking air. And remember, that jar is already unstable. I STILL fail to see how it got HIGH in the air if someone fucking bumped into it. How can that thing NOT break AT THAT POINT?

Well where the fuck did it say it was ABOVE Marshall and Darke? Is next to Marshall and Darke not a viable thought in your head? The jar was labeled as unstable only after it broke and was reassembled.
Quote:
No, but face it, Marshall stealing the ID Card DID lead to Goodman's death. And Marshall is STILL a fucking idiot for hearing about the guy's death and still going through with the stupid plan of going in. ESPECIALLY considering he's the damn guard for the stupid room, what, AFTER TWO YEARS he never got the idea of doing this before? Did he even try anything beforehand?

Oh now I see. If you hadn't noticed, Marshall isn't a morally white character, no matter how hard he tries to be, nor is he portrayed as one. He wanted to legally reinvestigate the case, but after that failed, the only option was to dirty his hands. Proving what he did in court via legal means was what ensured his faith that the legal system did have a chance. In fact, no one in this case is portrayed as morally white. Unlike l'Cie, killers of soldiers following orders.
Quote:
Lana couldn't fucking tell what was written on the fucking jar shards! She admits she had no idea what it said. And besides, it was in fucking shards. And it was dark. How the hell would she even THINK Ema did it? Face it, she's a stupid woman who thinks her sister did something terrible WITH NO FUCKING PROPER PROOF IN THE ENTIRE ROOM! The leather with her handprint? Removed. The jar? In shards. And again. DARKE was there. Why does Lana think her SISTER committed an accidental murder when there's a fucking KNOWN MURDERER in the room?

That entire testimony was a LIE. SHE HAS A FLASHLIGHT. SHE HAS A WORKING PAIR OF HANDS. SHE SURVEYED THE ROOM BEFORE COMING TO HER CONCLUSION. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID THAT? YOU FACE IT, YOU'RE VGR'S PAWN.
I'm not sorry for all caps.

Quote:
Well where the fuck did it say it was ABOVE Marshall and Darke? Is next to Marshall and Darke not a viable thought in your head? The jar was labeled as unstable only after it broke and was reassembled.

The picture! The stupid polygon crap FF VII graphic style picture that Ema drew like a little kid to a psychologist at the age of 5!

Quote:
He wanted to legally reinvestigate the case, but after that failed, the only option was to dirty his hands.

And it really took him 2 years until practically the deadline to come up with the idea of "Hey, I could just ask Goodman if he would maybe let me re-check the evidence, just to be sure. He was the head investigator, after all"? Marshall is dumb, but not THAT dumb. If his only two ideas were "Ask Goodman" and "Steal evidence myself" why did he not do so earlier? Didn't he think up anything better? He says he's not good with machines, but I think even he would be at least somewhat capable of noticing a stupid Power Switch or unplug the camera for a while. Sure he would've been STOPPED by the fingerprint lock, but at least he would've known about it AND tried something other than asking or stealing.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

The picture! The stupid polygon crap FF VII graphic style picture that Ema drew like a little kid to a psychologist at the age of 5!

Those were two different moments. Two entirely different flashes of lightning. "Just then there was another flash of lightning". None of this indicates that the jar was directly overhead at the same time that the two were fighting.
You clearly haven't experienced the after effects of nearly being a victim, witness, and murderer all in a matter of a few seconds. It's called acute stress disorder. Look it up.
Quote:
Quote:
He wanted to legally reinvestigate the case, but after that failed, the only option was to dirty his hands.

And it really took him 2 years until practically the deadline to come up with the idea of "Hey, I could just ask Goodman if he would maybe let me re-check the evidence, just to be sure. He was the head investigator, after all"? Marshall is dumb, but not THAT dumb. If his only two ideas were "Ask Goodman" and "Steal evidence myself" why did he not do so earlier? Didn't he think up anything better? He says he's not good with machines, but I think even he would be at least somewhat capable of noticing a stupid Power Switch or unplug the camera for a while. Sure he would've been STOPPED by the fingerprint lock, but at least he would've known about it AND tried something other than asking or stealing.

If he waited for 2 years to ask for a legal reopening, then why dd he steal the ID card? He did ask over the past two years, he only stole the ID card when there was a zero percent chance that legal means would work. Do you really think he did nothing until the last day? Or do you just want that to be true?
And quite honestly, if you're still complaining about the camera, then you still haven't noticed the real contradiction of the evidence room. Still not telling you until you figure it out.

Spoiler: GK2-3
Hyodo (the victim of the IS-7 incident) didn't figure out Kazami had a taste disorder until he caught him taking pictures of the recipe book. Why would he kidnap his son if he didn't know Kazami had a disorder?

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler: GK2-3
Hyodo (the victim of the IS-7 incident) didn't figure out Kazami had a taste disorder until he caught him taking pictures of the recipe book. Why would he kidnap his son if he didn't know Kazami had a disorder?

Hey, wouldn't this belong in the GK Contradictions thread?
Spoiler:
He wasn't a nice guy anyway. He didn't know Kazami actually treated his kid like dirt.

I don't remember it exactly, so where was it said that he didn't know until that moment? I figured that he could have known about it at some point before the moment of his murder, even if it wasn't specified how he figured it out.

Hey, wouldn't this belong in the GK Contradictions thread?

Uh...yeah...

*slinks away*
http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 0#p1272900

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: More 1-5
Jake Marshall's prints are entered in the Court Record as being wiped. How could prints be lifted if they were wiped?

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: More 1-5
Jake Marshall's prints are entered in the Court Record as being wiped. How could prints be lifted if they were wiped?

It was explained that you can find the prints that were not in blood. When you try to get the prints off his locker, the game won't register any finger prints on the luminol blue part, so those are, well, wiped. Can't get fingerprints off an area if you removed the blood... apparently... I don't know if something that removes blood would also remove fingerprints... then again, blood is sticky, and fingerprints are little fat/grease parts so...

C-A

This isn't really a cough-up but it is a question that always lingered in my mind
Spoiler: 4-4
Why didn't Phoenix tell Valant that Zak was dead?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

JesusMonroe wrote:
This isn't really a cough-up but it is a question that always lingered in my mind
Why didn't Phoenix tell Valant that Zak was dead?

Spoiler:
Because he didn't need to. Valant was waiting for 7 years for Magnifi's performance rights. If Zak died, it would mean he (Valant) got the rights sooner. However, Zak, being the original recipient of the rights, bequeathed them to Trucy before he died.

Spoiler: 2-3 Cough-up
If Acro claims he couldn't lift the bust out of the window because it would put too much strain on his legs, then how did he hide the bust under his wheelchair in the very short window of time he was given when Franziska ordered the search? :eh?:

Acro might've had the bust under his chair for a while already, thinking up a way to get rid of it.

C-A

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
Because he didn't need to. Valant was waiting for 7 years for Magnifi's performance rights. If Zak died, it would mean he (Valant) got the rights sooner. However, Zak, being the original recipient of the rights, bequeathed them to Trucy before he died.

But once Valant accepts that Trucy is the recipient and that he's going to turn himself in, Phoenix could say, "By the way, your lifetime friend that was like a brother to you? The one you pain yourself with the memory of everyday and hope one day forgives you for what you did? He's dead"

It felt like a dick-move on Phoenix's part to not say anything

Gardevoir lover

I'm not sure if this counts as a cough up, but this question poped into my head as i was playing the last case of Trials and tribulations.
Spoiler:
Dahlia and Iris switched places during the earthquake right? If that's the case why does Dahlia have Phyche locks about something Iris did, how would she know any of this? And why does she have a psyche lock when it's not her secret to begin with?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Y'know

What is the secret in question?

It's whether or not there were "two of her", so it could work for Dahlia

Atmey's is still in question

Y'know

Yeah, Atmey... The question was about what occurred that day and he admits he was knocked out... resulting in a Psyche-Lock somehow breaking.

Last edited by Nearavex on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

You know, a Mario game!

Nearavex wrote:
Yeah, Atmey... The question was about what occurred that day and he admits he was knocked out... resulting in a Psyche-Lock somehow broking.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if they make up these cases as they go along.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Y'know

Oh my god, what did I type

Psyche-Locks broking

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Large image

Nearavex wrote:

Psyche-Locks broking

I think I've finally found my life-term investment.

Ace Explorer

Nearavex wrote:

Psyche-Locks broking

This together with your avatar (which is excellent, I might add! :edgey: ) is glorious.
Well? Are we going or what?

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Nearavex wrote:

Psyche-Locks broking

I think I've finally found my life-term investment.

Same here, same here.. :yogi:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: 5-5
So if Metis's autopsy report states her exact time of death, how come suspicion didn't immediately fall on the person who left the robotics lab closest to that time, the Phantom?

Page 58 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby