Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site RelaunchedTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

The DGS official site has gotten a makeover, bringing us a better look at the info from the past few days' magazine leaks!

Hit up the link for art, screenshots, and more, including these character profiles:

Quote:
Ryuunosuke Naruhodou: The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan's imperial universities in its capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.

Susato Mikotoba: A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to 'certain circumstances'. A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.

Sherlock Holmes: The world's most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation - a veritable "Reasoning Rampage". The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England's courts.

Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...

The site also confirms that a new trailer for the game will hit September 18th in Japan - a week from today, and just before TGS
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site RelaunchedTopic%20Title

NoiR

OMG!! Yes. So glad it's actually Sherlock Holmes.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Kind of neat how they actually managed to make his outfit look somewhat cool while still keeping it recognizable to the general public (I say general public because most fans of the novels know he didn't really wear it as often as some depictions would have you believe).

元・超会社員級の管理人

And a bunch more screenshots (and cover art? Probably preliminary.)

Spoiler: Screenshots

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Taking a look at the court room in London (and having no clue how the jurisdiction worked back then in the UK) I see those 6 chairs in front of the judge's chair. So who was sitting there and do you think this will influence the court room gameplay?

Also I wonder how Takumi will manage all these genius characters. So Sherlock and Iris both have great deduction skills, but Ryuunosuke is the protagonist and I guess he is supposed to solve the cases. I really hope he doesn't constantly correct the flaws in their reasonings.

Last edited by Lusankya on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

6 chairs?! Mob trials!?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

迷探偵

Maybe some kind of jury trial (which may or may not be implemented in gameplay); pretty sure Victorian England had those.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

Also, complete speculation here, but: between the pseudo-cover art they released and the fact Iris is conspicuously absent from screenshots as well as being touted as such a prodigy, it's kind of looking like she might be the prosecutor. They could play it as that being her way to challenge Holmes to a battle of wits or something.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Random thought: will an ancestor of Bartley (or whatever his English name is; the first prosecutor of Layton VS GS) appear?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Stepladders are a type of ladder so.....

Ash wrote:
Random thought: will an ancestor of Bartley (or whatever his English name is; the first prosecutor of Layton VS GS) appear?

That's a pretty good idea! (I think his english name is 'flynch')

If we don't get this game I'll go on a rampage, but I'm also hoping we get a physical release or I'm going to stab Capcom in the eye with a hot french fry.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:

I hope as a cameo. The prosecutor in the first case is probably Japanese, since they're in a Japanese court... so maybe an ancestor of Auchi? By the time they arrive in London, it's the second case... but I guess Bartley the First could show up as a fellow student of Ryuu's? That would be delightful.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

世界中

Seeing Sherlock Holmes and cases set in London raises my hopes for a international release a little more~

I wonder if they'll use Sherlock being in the game to make it more alluring to those who haven't played Ace Attorney before...

Last edited by TheBaronAndEma on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Also, complete speculation here, but: between the pseudo-cover art they released and the fact Iris is conspicuously absent from screenshots as well as being touted as such a prodigy, it's kind of looking like she might be the prosecutor. They could play it as that being her way to challenge Holmes to a battle of wits or something.

They better not. That comic about the increasingly younger prodigies was a joke. Athena was already too much we can't have an 8 year old prosecutor
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Procrastinator

Bolt Storm wrote:
And a bunch more screenshots (and cover art? Probably preliminary.)

Spoiler: Screenshots

And we now have our first totally official English screenshot

The Mildly Bent Samurai

Pierre wrote:
6 chairs?! Mob trials!?

Oh man, that would be the best. I need more of those!

Ace Explorer

Internetakias wrote:
And we now have our first totally official English screenshot

Well? Are we going or what?

Erm........... Iris looks A LOT like Greyerl to me. I expect here to be a fun challenge.

We are one

I'm looking forward to this game! :will:

Zoinks

Bolt Storm wrote:
Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree

Even Franziska's in utter disbelief

EDIT: In the UK (going by current trends at least) Moe Watson would have been around 2/3 (depending on the specific programme) when she started her degree
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Remember that whenever someone studies law in Europe in these games, they can get a degree in as little as three years! That means she started at 5. This also probably means she's the one in charge of the cases Holmes takes.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Y'know

Models are a bit too PLvsAA'ish, I think. I preferred DD way of making them.

The Mildly Bent Samurai

So, even though we have Sherlock Holmes, we have 8-year-old Iris Watson instead of Dr. John Watson. Iris has a medical degree and is a successful novelist, which seems silly even by Ace Attorney standards.

What if John Watson is dead and Iris is a spirit medium? She could channel him for his medical knowledge and to write the novels.

Gettin' Old!

Feriku wrote:
So, even though we have Sherlock Holmes, we have 8-year-old Iris Watson instead of Dr. John Watson. Iris has a medical degree and is a successful novelist, which seems silly even by Ace Attorney standards.

What if John Watson is dead and Iris is a spirit medium? She could channel him for his medical knowledge and to write the novels.

I thought Athena was already too silly in terms of amazing achievements but wow.

I'VE GOT IT!

Iris is actually a clever ancient steampunk android made by Holmes and is therefore immortal!

Man Androids solve everything.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Mildly Bent Samurai

Pierre wrote:

Iris is actually a clever ancient steampunk android made by Holmes and is therefore immortal!

If this was Professor Layton, that would be a pretty likely theory. XD

Pierre wrote:
Feriku wrote:

I thought Athena was already too silly in terms of amazing achievements but wow.

I'VE GOT IT!

And whenever she spouts steam, Holmes covers it up by saying that she's easily upset.

Holmes: Trust me, Mr. Wright, you do not want to approach her too closely when she gets like this. I almost got burned one time!
Susato: Oh, my! I hadn't expected such a harsh tone from her!
Ryuu: (For some reason, I think that "burn" is a little more literal than figurative in this case...)

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Wow..wasn't expecting this twist of turns. So, does the first case take place in Japan? Then the rest in England? Awesome X3 :edgey:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'll just be furiously gnashing my teeth in a cold dark corner while I wait for a localization announcement. C'mon Capcom, be as cool as this game is going to be.
Eureka!

Blah!

Apollon wrote:
I'll just be furiously gnashing my teeth in a cold dark corner while I wait for a localization announcement. C'mon Capcom, be as cool as this game is going to be.

Easy there, the game isn't even close to coming out yet. Don't expect anything about localization until around that time at the earliest.

OBJECTION!

Feriku wrote:

Good point, I hadnt thought of that. Let's face it, an 8 year old who writes novels, with a medical degree is too silly even for AA. At least Pearls acted like an 8 year old, even Fransizka was a stretch for a prosecutor.
Maybe Iris is Watson's daughter or something?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Art Person

grim_tales wrote:
Feriku wrote:

Good point, I hadnt thought of that. Let's face it, an 8 year old who writes novels, with a medical degree is too silly even for AA. At least Pearls acted like an 8 year old, even Fransizka was a stretch for a prosecutor.
Maybe Iris is Watson's daughter or something?
I find it hard to believe he'd make an 8 year old an Novel writer and an MD, how old could she've been to start studying? I like the Idea of her being a spirit medium. Or maybe she's just inherited her father's status (if John Watson had passed away) and so she's his successor.

I'm getting the impression Takumi enjoyed writing Layton and Luke a lot, and so he's made characters reminiscent of them, but in order to combat copying Layton, he's picked a public domain character like Sherlock (Face it, Sherlock's name can be used in any scenario really). It's a clever workaround if that's the case, and I still think I'll enjoy the game regardless!

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think I get it.
America has a messed-up legal system.
England has a messed-up medical system.
Each foreign country has its own weirdness.

Seriously though, I really hope they can give a good explanation because just "shes' a prodigy" isn't going to cut it. I guess spirit channeling would work, but I tend to assume there are spirit mediums only in Japan...

Programmer

To be fair, medical science has had a lot of time to improve. The basics might be roughly the same, but it's all the additional details that makes the studies longer.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I still say she was poisoned by that stuff they used in Detective Conan.

Remind me to never get sick or hurt in England.

Seeing as Iris is an eight-year-old prodigy who lives with Holmes for unspecified reasons, I suspect we'll get a sob story.

Y'know

She doesn't strike me as a character to have any sob story.

But she probably will. Something about being orphaned. Either by losing her dad, or just not knowing her parents, took in by Holmes.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I can always tell when C-R has a semi-important news story (like a site giving new info) because I'm not able to access C-R for days haha.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Easy there, the game isn't even close to coming out yet. Don't expect anything about localization until around that time at the earliest.

Apollon's probably hoping for them to announce localization at TGS, like they did with GS5. As much as I'd love that to happen, with the circumstances being different and more open people like Sven being gone, I'm guessing we wouldn't hear about localization until May at the earliest - assuming DGS follows the same release schedule as DD.

This probably isn't anything, but something kind of hopeful was at the end of the Janet Hsu/Shu Takumi interview that was posted on Capcom-Unity.

Quote:
Janet: Well, thank you for all your time! I know you’ve got to get back to your preparations for the Tokyo Game Show.

Takumi: You’re very welcome. I hope everyone will enjoy what we have to present.

Janet: I’m sure they will! Good luck and have a safe trip!

Now granted, that's not saying anything other than the fact that he's showing off something at TGS, but I feel like it would have been easy to end the interview without explicitly mentioning the show or something that AA fans would enjoy, so to me it seems this might indicate that they at least haven't already decided "We're not localizing the game! Don't talk about it at all!".

I wonder if it would be worth messaging Janet and whoever else is doing AA announcements after TGS and just asking. They definitely wouldn't say something like "Yeah! We're localizing it and just not telling you guys about it". But they might be more likely to say "At this time we're not planning on localizing it" if that was the case. If I remember correctly we heard about GK2 in a Q&A session.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

OBJECTION!

I'm getting a kind of Layton/Luke vibe from Sherlock/Iris too, I dont know why.. just a feeling...
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Y'know

Takumi probably just wanted another PLvsAA, without making it PLvsAA.

Nice move. They can't sue.

1: Why is Watson an 8 year old girl?
2: Is Capcom aware that Sherlock Holmes didn't even exist in real life?
Page 1 of 2 [ 70 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes