Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Things You Remember That Make You Feel OldTopic%20Title

The older we get, the more we remember stuff from when we were younger and, upon realizing how well we remember these things, we realize how old we are...

I remember a time when, in Germany, 5 Marks were a thumb-wide silver coin.

I remember the sound that computer modems made while logging into the internet.

I remember Floppy Disks and Kasettes.

C-A
Re: Things You Remember That Make You Feel OldTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

back in my day, pluto was a planet
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gardevoir lover

...The N64.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

...Back in 2005/2006, when I had my first MP3. I remember thinking at the time, "wow, that's amazing technology!"

I remember watching Bananas in Pyjamas when I was 3 or 4. I had a giant "B2" talking plush and lots of stuffed toys from the show.

Also, the time I put a scissor into an electric outlet in school. Good times, those.

I've felt worse.

I still remember that pay phones existed. We didn't have no silly smart phones back in my day!
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

aka Ami <3

Bad Player wrote:

This.

Also, N64? Bah! My first system was an SNES with Bubsy the Bobcat. My first portable/portable game was the Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red. I grew up on Reading Rainbow in its later years, Nick Arcade, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Johnny Bravo, Rugrats, All That, Kenan & Kel, Dexter's Laboratory, Sailor Moon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and many other cartoons.

Something that a page I've liked on facebook keeps reminding me: the Lion King was TWENTY YEARS AGO. That means I was four/five when it came out.

Cassette tapes, whether audio or video. The days when CD's were "new and inventive". Back when you had to go to a physical store to get most of your music and videos. @___@

Sleeping is my life.

I remember my first music player, it was a Walkman.

Bananas in Pyjamas. I have the smaller doll version of B1 and B2. Thought I don't remember the show very well.

And I remember how popular Pokémon was in the 90's and early 2000's. I have several Pokémon items from that time.

As a kid, I always watch Blue's Clues. I still have some of the Blue's Clues stuff. I even have the kid's size version of the Thinking Chair.

genodragon1 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

This.

Also, N64? Bah! My first system was an SNES with Bubsy the Bobcat. My first portable/portable game was the Game Boy Color and Pokemon Red. I grew up on Reading Rainbow in its later years, Nick Arcade, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Johnny Bravo, Rugrats, All That, Kenan & Kel, Dexter's Laboratory, Sailor Moon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and many other cartoons.

Something that a page I've liked on facebook keeps reminding me: the Lion King was TWENTY YEARS AGO. That means I was four/five when it came out.

Cassette tapes, whether audio or video. The days when CD's were "new and inventive". Back when you had to go to a physical store to get most of your music and videos. @___@

Courage the Cowardly Dog used to scare the hell out of me. This cartoon is sinistrous.

@BlueAttorney4ever We have the same taste for TV shows, then. As I kid, Bananas in Pyjamas and Blue's Clues were my favorite shows.

aka Ami <3

The mummy one kept me up for a while. .__. So did the pilot, actually. I have a low tolerance for scary things. Yet I constantly play survival/horror. >_>

I remember the fervor with which I adored The Backstreet Boys and *NSync, and Alanis Morisette, and ESPECIALLY Sixpense None the Richer (though I didn't know their band's name yet).

Tiny Toons. I have a game from Tiny Toons. Buster Breaks Loose. Also there was this party game that was really awesome that they made for the SNES.

Sleeping is my life.

Actually, there was something I forgot to mention in my post. It was that movie, Baby's Day Out. I laughed at the hilarious stuff that happened to the baby's kidnappers in that movie. I was little when I first saw it.

Gardevoir lover

Then there's the Rugrats, it's a timeless show but man does it remind me of when i was a really little kid.

You know, a Mario game!

I also remember that awful, awful sound that old dial up modems made! I also remember talking with my mother and saying that video game graphics will never get any better than the Gamecube unless they jump right out at you and pull you in. My, how naive I was at the time. I also remember seeing Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, and Madagascar in theaters.

@Blueattorney I also remember that movie! I loved it as a kid and found it hilarious. I also enjoyed Home Alone 3, The Mike Myer's Cat In The Hat movie, and Baby Geniuses, despite those movies being horrible.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

aka Ami <3

Chuck E. Cheese's before the started serving alcohol.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Pluto... :larry:

What I've been thinking about is big celebrities dying. For example, my little brothers weren't around when Michael Jackson was alive.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

I love how people (me included) almost takes Pluto not being a planet personally.
And; everything makes me feel old nowadays. Like people born in 2000 + -. They are supposed to be small children, not teenagers!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

I know right?! When I hear -98, I think of the children in my school who were in third grade when I was in... what the fuck was I in. In sixth grade. And now? I could legally bang them. And guys my age dating girls their age isn't unusal.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I know right?! When I hear -98, I think of the children in my school who were in third grade when I was in... what the fuck was I in. In sixth grade. And now? I could legally bang them. And guys my age dating girls their age isn't unusal.

When I think of people born in -98 I think of little toddlers, because when I was a kid and I followed my parents to pick up my sibling at daycare, there was a child born in -98 whom my sibling said was a "baby".

I dont want to think about the fact that I can legally bang those babies. I really don't want to. I feel like a cradle robber if I even look longingly at someone younger than 20.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

aka Ami <3

I remember when Final Fantasy VII was new, cutting-edge, and innovative (and was apparently the worst betrayal by Square-Enix because they went to a Sony system, cue amnesia a few years later when people say the same thing when they start producing FF games for Nintendo systems again).

Do you see the black one...or the white?

When video rental stores were huge and every weekend I looked forward to renting new games for my NES.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

aka Ami <3

dullahan1 wrote:
When video rental stores were huge and every weekend I looked forward to renting new games for my NES.

Same, but SNES and PSX. I think I even rented a game for my Gamecube, once.

Sleeping is my life.

Renting video games, yeah, I remember that. Back when we used to have a Blockbuster in town, Mom would take my sister and me there so we can rent some games out. Games for the Nintendo 64, to be exactly.

Let's see, the N64 games that we rented were:
-Tom and Jerry: Fists of Fury
-Mario Party
-Mario Party 2
-Pokémon Stadium
-Pokémon Stadium 2

But now, the Blockbuster in town....... Gone.

High level play

dullahan1 wrote:

The only thing I could rent were games found in the public library. Needless to say the selection was limited and most things were educational oriented (freddy fish and that kind of stuff).

But this was after we bought a PC at home. In my early years I didn't even know what internet was since most families didn't have a PC at home. And when it happened it was glorious. You always got cut off from the internet when someone would call to the home phone though.

Also I remember that kids didn't have money of their own (only a bit after your birthday). Your wealth was determined by how many and how big the marbles (literal mind you)you had. Each marble had is own value measured in: how shiny, how rare, size and possible damage. Strange thing was that all kids agreed upon these non-existing rules and measurements so everybody instinctively knew what was a 'fair deal' and when 'deal was uneven'. Playing with marbles was the bomb.
If I tried it now I'd probably just strain/hurt my back and knees.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Oh yeah, renting movies. I also remember when DVD was just coming up and I was like "Ok so it's like VHS except on a disc... seems worth it... not" xD And when everyone was crazy for Wii and you could gather friends or family for some Wii sports, or for that matter, Singstar to PS2.

You know, a Mario game!

I remember when the DS first came out and my family and I thought the idea of it having 2 screens was stupid and pointless.

I remember when Ocarina Of Time was considered cutting edge in its graphics and sound.

I remember when my mother and I thought that video game graphics would never get better than the Gamecube.

I remember going to visit my cousin was born and I went to visit him and his mother in the hospital. He's 14 now, and is my best friend.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I remember when my cousin was born in the late 2000's, he's 14 now and we're really close friends. The same applies for his sister who's 12 now.

I remember when I got the old Nintendo DS with my first game ever, nintendogs.

I remember when I first watched Teletubbies and a few weeks ago, I caught them on TV.

I remember that my family always rented video casettes, now it's the new style in form of DVD's.

I remember when I got my first phone when I was 11 years old, it was an old Nokia with Snake on it and now the 11-year-old kids pretty much own iPhones and tablets.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

AOL dial up

Opal fruits

Only having 5 channels

Internet first being put into practice
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

MS-DOS and MAME.

I would play some Commander Keen, and then I would grab some coins and go to the local grocery store to play some Metal Slug.
Anybody else remember MS-DOS, or am I the only grampa here?!

Just... everything.

But mainly going to Blockbuster to rent out videos back before DVDs were a thing, thinking having a CD Walkman was awesome despite having to keep it deathly still to avoid skipping, and having a Sega Megadrive and then being over the moon when we bought a Playstation and spending weekends playing the very first GTA game.

davech1987 wrote:
Opal fruits

OPAL FRUITS! MADE TO MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER ~
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Love. Lost. Elegy.

Snake on Nokia-mobile phones - best thing ever.
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?

I remember a lot of the kids' shows mentioned here. Bananas in Pyjamas was a favourite of mine, too. Other shows I really liked as a kid were The Tweenies and Bear in the Big Blue House. As an older kid I loved Sir Gadabout and My Parents Are Aliens.

I used to think technology couldn't get better than the original iPod, and that computer graphics would never improve on the Sims 2. But when I play that game now, it looks so dated.

I remember when Busted and McFly first came out. It's not that long ago, but it seems strange now they're touring again. (Why did I ever like them is the real question.)

I also remember when the new Doctor Who series was coming out with Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor. I thought he was really good, very underrated. :sadshoe:

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Cann Kelly wrote:
Snake on Nokia-mobile phones - best thing ever.

I see what you did thereeee~~

lol nah, but Snake is perf.

bOIng!

Snake rocked so much.
My first computer was a Windows 98. Looking at the old screensavers makes me feel like a gramps, even if I'm only 15.

I remember when I was in the early stages of primary school and there only being one computer to every three classrooms - and they were all Color Classics. My school didn't get a computer room with Windows computers until I was in Year 4 (3rd Grade). They were all Windows 98s.

Funnily enough my first computer was a Windows 95 in 1997 when I was six. Initially I had an Amstrad but it never programmed properly so my parents exchanged it for a Tiny. The latter company is completely defunct now.

Here's another thing that still gets me right *here* in the heart -- do any of you remember the thrill of playing Pokemon Gold and Silver for the first time and seeing all of that colour? To this day I remember feeling amazed at the graphics and colour.
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own

No. Although I do remember Pokémon games used to be black and white. Ditto Harvest Moon, but everything was Sepia, I think, on the Gameboy.

I remember that modems used to make loud, crackly noise when you were on the internet. I just don't remember if I overall know this or if this is something we used to have in the house.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
No. Although I do remember Pokémon games used to be black and white. Ditto Harvest Moon, but everything was Sepia, I think, on the Gameboy.

I remember that modems used to make loud, crackly noise when you were on the internet. I just don't remember if I overall know this or if this is something we used to have in the house.

C-A

No, no I remember loud dial-up modems. I remember when you couldn't use your house phone while you were using the internet, too.

And when you lit a lamp or had a cellphone lying besides the computer and everything went "bzzzzt".

Sleeping is my life.

scarlettpeony wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

No, no I remember loud dial-up modems. I remember when you couldn't use your house phone while you were using the internet, too.

While we're talking about house phones and internet, we used to have a old telephone system, and whenever the phone go off, the internet access get interrupted. It got so annoying to the point in which we have to get a new telephone system. We have no problems with the new telephone system, so that's good.

Gardevoir lover

Here's one, the Gameboy advanced start up jingle. That makes me feel old but in a good way, it reminds me of when i first played Pokemon and how happy i was back then.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Here's one, the Gameboy advanced start up jingle. That makes me feel old but in a good way, it reminds me of when i first played Pokemon and how happy i was back then.

Teehee. I remember when the GBA came out for the first time and we all complained that the screen was too dark and the system itself was very breakable. Mine no longer works... but my GBC still works.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

CrayonKiddo wrote:
Snake rocked so much.

It was amazing. The best memory ever from my childhood.

Page 1 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices