Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 2[ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Your favorite charcter and most hated new chracter in PLvsAATopic%20Title

A true gentleman always objects!

who is your most hated character and favorite character of PLvsAA? For me, the best new charcter has to be the milk seller Bertha and the worst charcter for me has to be Knights and Emil Sandbag.
Re: Your favorite charcter and most hated new chracter in PLTopic%20Title

Isn't it a bit too early for making this thread though?

Art Person

Just from watching the gameplay of Phoenix's case in London,
Spoiler: possible reveals
I thought Gardner was a funny character (With the chocolate)
and Olive's breakdown was awesome, the suspense slowly zooming into until she cracks and gets hit in the face by the fish!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Why is Knights a bad character? Note I haven't played the game.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Favourite: By far, apart from Phoenix, Maya, Layton and Luke, Jean Greyerl :edgey:
Spoiler:
Two words: Hair Flip. The moment I saw that, I thought to myself, ' Wow, I'm going to be SO sad when this one goes to the cage. Sure enough, near the end of the trial after Jean's breakdown, I was close to tears. At the end of The Golden Court, I was legit crying dammit. :viola:
Second favourite goes to Kira. For
Spoiler:
the best (and possibly longest ) breakdown ever. :may: *insert Kira's insane cackling here* She's the best shade as well and the marketplace cutscene got me sooo excited but I didn't like her as a witness. She caught onto the idea of logic a bit too fast... :edgeworth:

Worst character was Dzilbilchaltunchunchucmill. Terrible, awful name, and half the time I couldn't understand what he was saying :edgeworth:

Last edited by LateSummer on Sun May 25, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I personally love Espella and Barnham.

But I just don't like...uh..oh man what was her name.. :think-think-think: Oh! Mary I think. The one with the parasol. Didn't like her.

Y'know

Nah, Mary was lady with a goat, which I can't help but consider her one of the best witnesses in the game.

Nearavex wrote:
Nah, Mary was lady with a goat, which I can't help but consider her one of the best witnesses in the game.

Oh! Oh that's right. Yes I do like her....then blast it who was Parasol Lady?

I obviously like the 4 main characters a lot and I don't have a problem with Layton knowing everything before Wright by the final bits... it's a typical part of the Layton Formula that Layton has solved the mystery before the player does, and then waits until he can show the proper evidence to elaborate and explain it to the others.

I would say I liked Espella the least of the characters who were designed to be actual characters. With that said, she was still likeable despite of her Sue-ish nature.

What was most surprising though was that despite of what I had heard from ppl, the Layton-esque citizens were not one-notes at all, and in fact I consider the ones that were most in focus to be better handled than a lot of the caricatured cast of Dual Destinies. For instance.

I think the bards were annoying though in the bad way. A guy like Emeer however was just one of those "love to hate" characters just like Oldbag.

I obviously like the 4 main characters a lot and I don't have a problem with Layton knowing everything before Wright by the final bits... it's a typical part of the Layton Formula that Layton has solved the mystery before the player does, and then waits until he can show the proper evidence to elaborate and explain it to the others.

I would say I liked Espella the least of the characters who were designed to be actual characters. With that said, she was still likeable despite of her Sue-ish nature.

What was most surprising though was that despite of what I had heard from ppl, the Layton-esque citizens were not one-notes at all, and in fact I consider the ones that were most in focus to be better handled than a lot of the caricatured cast of Dual Destinies. For instance.

I think the bards were annoying though in the bad way. A guy like Emeer however was just one of those "love to hate" characters just like Oldbag.

shippersdreamer wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

Parasol lady... :ron: Oh! :pearlshock: do you mean Muffet? The lady who can't seem to pronounce 'r' and 'l' correctly and replaces them with 'w' instead?

P.S @linkenski, Too right, man *claps* Great analysis :edgey:

LateSummer wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

Parasol lady... :ron: Oh! :pearlshock: do you mean Muffet? The lady who can't seem to pronounce 'r' and 'l' correctly and replaces them with 'w' instead?

P.S @linkenski, Too right, man *claps* Great analysis :edgey:

I might think it is Muffet...:ack: YES! That's her! UUGHGHH I didn't like her!

EspellaxPhoenix 5ever

Best: Barnham is the silliest prosecutor. Locked up, then accidentally explaining he has a crush on Darklaw.
Worst: The punchbag, for obvious reasons.

shippersdreamer wrote:

Hee...she was...quite the erm...character...wasn't she? I confess, reading her speech made my teeth hurt... :ron: dunno why... One thing bothers me, though. :alitahands: How was she able to fly? I mean, considering...stuff.... that shouldn't have been possible, right?

LateSummer wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

Hee...she was...quite the erm...character...wasn't she? I confess, reading her speech made my teeth hurt... :ron: dunno why... One thing bothers me, though. :alitahands: How was she able to fly? I mean, considering...stuff.... that shouldn't have been possible, right?

That I'm afraid. We'll never know. (maybe it was her parasol)

Heh... yeah maybe...

Surf's Up!

My worst character had to be Birdly, playing his lyre whilst testifying. :tigre:

As for my favourite character has to be Zacharias Barnham, although the Labyrinthian Judge is close behind (mainly because he's actually competent).

As for Emeer Punchenbaug, I must confess that I found him to be rather amusing, especially when he's first introduced as "some guy".

O-Objection! That was... Objectionable!

Least Favorite: The Storyteller
Spoiler:
He just seemed like an a**hole for putting his daughter through all that stuff, but when you figured out Darklaw re wrote the story, I lost some respect for her.

Favorite:
Spoiler:
I liked Barnham, but not to much... Darklaw was good, but her Objection! Kind of sucked. Overall I liked Jean Greyerl

:)

Emeer was hilarious. He's one of my favourite characters for his humour appeal.

The video game boy; the one who wins

This is a bit harder than usual because most characters weren't... that... memorable.
Anyway,

Spoiler: Best
My favourite character has to be Jean Greyerl. At first she seemed like a regular charming and correct butler, but in court she started showing her true colours - smart, competent and calm, but yet kind and warm. She really had me symphatize with her, and her story was interesting.

I also fell for Kira. And I liked Olivia Aldente, she was a tad bit annoying but fun as well. So... the culprits I guess.

The rest of them... I don't know. I guess I would've liked Patty and Ridelle if they had been developed a little more as characters, then we have Darklaw who didn't make any impact on me whatsoever until the final part when she suddenly was a bit fleshed out and got a story which made me care for her, but her as a person? I don't know. Barnham I want to like, because he was a competent prose... inquisitor without going the rude antagonist-route and he drove a motorboat, but sadly he wasn't equipped with a proper personality.

Spoiler: Worst
I do not in any way hate Espella as a person, but her as a character was disastrous - literally everything evolved around her and everyone, at least everyone important, really cared for her and loved her and was prepared to go to lengths for her, so of course I wanted to care for her as well, but she's just so bland and boring. I wouldn't be able to describe her for another person... she's... kind I guess. The worst though has to be Dzibilchaltunchunchucmil (totally didn't copy-paste that name), he's just... disgusting. The two vigilantes who were head over heels (or in their case the opposite) for Foxy were really icky as well (she was fun though). And the teacher was annoying. The Storyteller, I had a hard time sympathizing with him, I don't know but there was something very off-putting with him.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"Eggs?"

For me... Hrmmmmmmmmmmm...
Spoiler: Fave
To be honest, most of the characters in this game weren't that memorable. But, my overall favorite has to be Zacharaias Barnham, the Inquisitor that is the most loyal among us all. I mean, his objection is perfect, and it's hilarious when he calls Phoenix "Sir Apprentice Baker," then everyone calls him that because Barnham said so.

Spoiler: Worst
You know, to be honest, there's not many people to hate, either. But, if I were to pick someone I didn't really like too too much, it would be the Librarian. (See, I don't even remember her name.) I mean, don't get me wrong, she is helpful at times, but come on. She is the most pointless character in the game, in my opinion. For all of the people who have played Prof. Layton as well, you will know that she could have easily been replaced with Keats the cat, and the plot would not be affected. Bonus points for Keats. Meow. :shoe:

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Hmm...the best...I would have to say between Barnham or Eve...worst Id have to say is the mailgirl or Barnhams teacher.

A Kirby and AA fan

Gammalad wrote:
Hmm...the best...I would have to say between Barnham or Eve...worst Id have to say is the mailgirl or Barnhams teacher.

Barnham's teacher? Did I miss something of the game or am I misremembering?

YO

It was only mentioned she was Barnham's teacher in one conversation, so you might have forgotten it. My choices are:

Spoiler:
Fav Character Arthur Cantabella, AKA The Storyteller. Mostly because he has the most epic lines, and he has the coolest voice in the game, apart from Layton, and he doesn't count. That and I really like the song 'The Final Witness', his sort of theme in the last half of the Final Witch Trial. And he has a cool owl.

Spoiler:
Least Fav,, I don't really know, I didn't out right hate any of them. Although I hate how clichéd the postwoman's name is, and she has no character, so I'm going with 'groan' Lettie Mailer. I really hate that name! I thought the puns used to be subtler then this!!

LateSummer wrote:
Spoiler:
the best (and possibly longest ) breakdown ever. :may: *insert Kira's insane cackling here* She's the best shade as well and the marketplace cutscene got me sooo excited but I didn't like her as a witness. She caught onto the idea of logic a bit too fast... :edgeworth:

Spoiler:
So, you're saying she pulled a Light Yagami? You know, "THAT'S RIGHT! I AM KIRA!"?

For favorites, all of the culprits as well as Barnham, for reasons stated in previous posts. Emeer also entertained me. Probably because, when he was first introduced, he was known as just "Some Guy", which I had A LOT of fun with.

Least favorite goes to Lottie Mailer, and that's mostly because, whenever she says "Sir", it's ALWAYS voiced, and it bugs the hell out of me, because it's SO high pitched and annoying. Aside from that, Birdly annoyed the shit out of me as well, due to his singing every one of his lines. His singing sucks, too.

Gardevoir lover

Favorite? A tie between Barnham and Emeer.

Least favorite is Birdly, man he was annoying.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Ace Explorer

Spoiler: Favorite(s)
I'm tied between Kira and Jean Greyerl.
Kira: Cute, debatably mentally unstable, showed that witches don't die when they're dropped in the fire, and her testimony in the last case started 'unraveling' the illusions of Labyrinthia as a whole. In other words, a plot device with actual character(s).

Greyerl: I think the gender reveal was handled better than in DD (seriously Robin, swinging between personalities like that? You should see a licensed psychiatrist...) And once I got her backstory and proved she didn't kill anyone, hearing Barnham and the Judge insist on burning her made me want to leap through the screen and choke a bitch or two.

Spoiler: Least favorite(s)
Birdly and Johnny Smiles
Birdly: The music schtick was annoying... Though the classic 'cross-examine the parrot' was entertaining, and I actually got excited when I realized it was gonna happen.

Johnny Smiles: Again, annoying witness, and the constant chocolate-bar-biting and bragging himself up... I just wanted his time on the stand to be over.

At least Emeer was meant to be annoying.

Well? Are we going or what?

The Mildly Bent Samurai

Favorite: Barnham. He's just awesome, and he had the potential for a great character arc. (Plus, his full name is cool. Inquisitor Zacharias Barnham... very cool. XD) I want to see him in more games!
Spoiler:
It just about killed me when they wrote him out of the plot for the entire final case.

Least favorite: The Storyteller
Spoiler:
Mainly because when he took the witness stand and started explaining things, the story went way, waaaay downhill for me.

[quote="Alonso Swift"]
(seriously Robin, swinging between personalities like that? You should see a licensed psychiatrist...)

That, my friend, is called Bipolar Disorder.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
Fav Character Arthur Cantabella, AKA The Storyteller. Mostly because he has the most epic lines, and he has the coolest voice in the game, apart from Layton, and he doesn't count. That and I really like the song 'The Final Witness', his sort of theme in the last half of the Final Witch Trial. And he has a cool owl.

Spoiler:
Least Fav,, I don't really know, I didn't out right hate any of them. Although I hate how clichéd the postwoman's name is, and she has no character, so I'm going with 'groan' Lettie Mailer. I really hate that name! I thought the puns used to be subtler then this!!

My thoughts exactly. The Storyteller has a really powerful presence and has some really cool lines. This voice is really deep and sounds epic. The concept of controlling the town with writing is pretty awesome. When he testifies, he is incredibly straight-forward, but I guess that's just his personality. It still isn't up there with Layton's voice, though.

Also, the 'Final Witness' music is amazing, as it's just an incredibly epic mix up of the Objection theme.

Espella was given no interesting lines and is incredibly bland. She's way too much like previous Professor Layton girls like Flora and Aurora... The puns in this game were waaaay too obvious. Lettie Mailer, the mail-girl? Carmine Accidenti? Ugh.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

A Kirby and AA fan

TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Alonso Swift wrote:
(seriously Robin, swinging between personalities like that? You should see a licensed psychiatrist...)

That, my friend, is called Bipolar Disorder.

No. No, it is not. Bipolar Disorder more refers to people who go from happy to sad and back, simply said. Not from DA POWAH to Tee Hee.

TaylorHyuuga wrote:
LateSummer wrote:
Spoiler:
the best (and possibly longest) breakdown ever. :may: *insert Kira's insane cackling here* She's the best shade as well and the marketplace cutscene got me sooo excited but I didn't like her as a witness. She caught onto the idea of logic a bit too fast... :edgeworth:

Spoiler:
So, you're saying she pulled a Light Yagami? You know, "THAT'S RIGHT! I AM KIRA!"?

Nahhhhh xD she pulled a " *insane laughter* Me?! A witch?!! The idea is laughable!!", if that counts. That laugh combined with her Slasher Smile freaked me out a little. The fact that I was alone in the room in the middle of the night didn't help. I...I scare easily... :payne:

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Best: Emeer, He's there everytime. Barnham. Olivia Aldente

Worst: The mail lady, the little kid guard, his testimony was hard to read. And

The only characters I liked are Phoenix and Maya the rest are pretty one dimensional with the exception of Luke and Professor Layton as far characters that were just plain annoying those 2 bard guys Emeer the village protectors group and the mail courier lady
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

A Kirby and AA fan

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Best: Emeer, He's there everytime. Barnham. Olivia Aldente

Worst: The mail lady, the little kid guard, his testimony was hard to read. And

And...!?!? I'm on the edge of my seat here, man!

What a cliffhanger!

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

I liked quite a bit of the characters! The Top would be Barnham, I really liked him and he made my heart hurt and bleed beautiful tears :acro: I was always like "What's this big man doing with such a wittle puppy?? " :iris:

I didn't really hate any of them, but I disliked certain aspects of their character, like the Storyteller, and Espella and Aunt Patty.

But I had a love/hate thing going on for friggin' Wordsmith though!
Spoiler: Wordsmiiiiith
He was so uselesss and stupid and ridiculous and he KEPT coming back to testify and contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, EVERY TIIIME! :yani-fist: You senile old man, get outta the courts! But despite my gamer rage, his winded, senile comments made me laugh everytime, so I don't hate him, he just makes me rage and laugh. :will:

And Was I the only one who was expected and wanting Carmine to make an appearance later in the game??? I oddly really liked him for no good reason and I was expecting his return. :larry:

Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Misokrattz wrote:
Spoiler: Wordsmiiiiith

And Was I the only one who was expected and wanting Carmine to make an appearance later in the game??? I oddly really liked him for no good reason and I was expecting his return. :larry:

I know, right? He seemed like a cool dude.

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Fist of Justice wrote:
I know, right? He seemed like a cool dude.

I think I felt a kinship with him because my dad is Italian and is also named Carmine :phoenix:

I also liked Sir Belduke~ He had a lovely character design! But... that suspicious white powder that was sprawled all over his floor was never explained... And we know that ain't fingerprinting powder...
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Page 1 of 2 [ 79 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)