Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Advice You'd Give Your Future SelfTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

The old "go back in time to give your past self an important piece of advice" thing has been done to death. It's tempting to think we grow wiser through our experiences, but there's always the risk that we'll take the wrong lessons away from future events or forget valuable lessons we've already learned. We all probably know of some misguided old fool who thinks he/she knows better than "kids these days" despite ample evidence of the opposite. Imagine you're going to see this thread sometime years from now. What do you want your future self to see when reading your post?

Thinking about it, I think the most important piece of advice I have for my future self is this: Question your beliefs. The youth of your time will likely have rallied behind some new idea that you never would have even considered at their age. Do you oppose it? If so, why? Remember the disagreements you had with older generations and what went into their views. Do not become like them; do not oppose an idea simply because of cultural tradition, personal prejudice, or misinformation spread by those who would stand in the way of progress for such selfish reasons. If there truly is a good and just reason for opposing this new idea, whatever it may be, then go ahead and oppose it. If no such reason exists, then you should not oppose the idea. Do not become like the misguided reactionaries of my time. Be a man of reason and justice, not prejudice and selfishness.
I'll always love you, Max.
Re: Advice You'd Give Your Future SelfTopic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Get support for depression and stress while at University. Also, don't be a hermit and don't eat takeaway food every day, even if your dormmates keep stealing your stuff from the freezer.

Even more that I would ask myself to keep persevering because things would get better, at least work-wise.

The Real Human Being

Solitude is the best policy.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Despite how healthy you are as a child, get thoroughly checked by doctors for preventative measures because, dadgum, I'm paying for it now. -_-
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Despite how healthy you are as a child, get thoroughly checked by doctors for preventative measures because, dadgum, I'm paying for it now. -_-

Isn't this advice for the past?

I'm trying to think but I'd consider my Future Self to be wiser than I am now. I'm not necessarily sure I'd have anything worthwhile to offer him :-P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

...try to stick to fitness regimes. Don't let your lack of discipline cause you to only do some fitness now and then instead of the daily occurences I'm trying (and failing).

C-A

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Advice to give to my future self huh?

Don't give up hope no matter what, thing'll get better. Also make sure you don't slack off and keep up those grades, you don't wanna get stuck in some rut or fall behind like I am now do you?
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices