Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 59 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: 5-5
So if Metis's autopsy report states her exact time of death, how come suspicion didn't immediately fall on the person who left the robotics lab closest to that time, the Phantom?

Spoiler:
Did it state the exact time? I thought that only an estimated range was listed. And if it did state an exact time, that would just cast doubt on the autopsy report itself.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Spoiler: 3-5
The "murder" in the Hazakura temple courtyard occurred after it stopped snowing. The actual murder in the inner temple courtyard occurred while it wasn't snowing. However, in the first half of 3-5, Edgeworth proves the crystal sphere was dropped at the bridge while it was still snowing, but it should've stopped at this point according to Dahlia

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5
The "murder" in the Hazakura temple courtyard occurred after it stopped snowing. The actual murder in the inner temple courtyard occurred while it wasn't snowing. However, in the first half of 3-5, Edgeworth proves the crystal sphere was dropped at the bridge while it was still snowing, but it should've stopped at this point according to Dahlia

It's certainly an oversight, but I can still find - that is, make up - an explanation for it.
Spoiler:
The crystal sphere was not buried in very deep. This is accounting for the fact that it could have buried itself a bit just by the momentum of the fall. That implies that the level of snowfall was at most a light sprinkle.

More importantly, though, is that weather always has room for irregularities. Perhaps the clouds shifted just slightly. Recall that the temple grounds are spread across a large region of the mountains. It takes about 15 minutes by foot to go from one side to the other. Given that the wind was never once accounted for, it's very possible the clouds moved westerly.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Enoshima Junko-chan!

sumguy28 wrote:
MBr wrote:
So if Metis's autopsy report states her exact time of death, how come suspicion didn't immediately fall on the person who left the robotics lab closest to that time, the Phantom?

Spoiler:
Did it state the exact time? I thought that only an estimated range was listed. And if it did state an exact time, that would just cast doubt on the autopsy report itself.

Spoiler:
Estimated time of death: between 1:00 and 3:00pm. I guess they went after Blackquill because there was evidence against him.

Update: In 1-4, I always thought that Lotta's camping place and the boat shop were on opposite sides of the lake. The overhead map reveals that they're right next to each other. Although Lotta's campsite is past the boat shop, you can only access it from the beach, not the boat shop.

I have one, but I think there's an explanation I missed:
Spoiler:
Name: The magically appearing murder weapon
Type of cough-up: Court inconsistancy
Description: If Cindy took the statue-clock to France (that explains why the time was wrong), then how did Frank struck her with it as soon as she entered?

-Linkisahero

Y'know

Linkisahero wrote:
Spoiler:
Description: If Cindy took the statue-clock to France (that explains why the time was wrong), then how did Frank struck her with it as soon as she entered?
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it explicitly stated that it was the first time she was in her apartment since she returned France.

Nearavex wrote:
Linkisahero wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it explicitly stated that it was the first time she was in her apartment since she returned France.

It's said that Cindy came back to Los Angeforniapan the day before the murder. That last part is mentioned quite often, I think, so she might have unpacked it.

C-A

Linkisahero wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
She arrived back home the day before the murder. She had an entire day to unpack her stuff.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: 1-5 and 2-4
So I'm playing the Trilogy that was released for the 3DS, and in 1-5 Bruce Goodman's ID card says he is a sergeant, despite everybody in the dialogue referring to him as a detective.

Examining the flowers in Edgeworth's office reveals that the card attached from Wendy Oldbag says, "Back from the dead." It is from this card, Edgeworth's personality, and mention of his last time in court being when he was the defendant (in the original translation), leads me to believe that Rise From the Ashes was meant to be set after Farewell, My Turnabout. This is assuming that "Back from the dead," refers to Edgeworth's suicide note, in which he said he "chooses death."

MBr wrote:
So I'm playing the Trilogy that was released for the 3DS, and in 1-5 Bruce Goodman's ID card says he is a sergeant, despite everybody in the dialogue referring to him as a detective.

Examining the flowers in Edgeworth's office reveals that the card attached from Wendy Oldbag says, "Back from the dead." It is from this card, Edgeworth's personality, and mention of his last time in court being when he was the defendant (in the original translation), leads me to believe that Rise From the Ashes was meant to be set after Farewell, My Turnabout. This is assuming that "Back from the dead," refers to Edgeworth's suicide note, in which he said he "chooses death."

Spoiler: that second one
It's not really a "cough up" as much as it is a self-reference. RftA did come after Farewell, My Turnabout in terms of the Japanese releases. Naturally, it doesn't fit with the localized timeline.

Then again, I wonder what else could they have put there? That old lady comes up with the strangest of slightly ominous messages.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Also, Gumshoe has his generic "In charge of the initial investigation" description for his profile, even though he is clearly not.

Y'know

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
MBr wrote:

It's not really a "cough up" as much as it is a self-reference. RftA did come after Farewell, My Turnabout in terms of the Japanese releases. Naturally, it doesn't fit with the localized timeline.

Then again, I wonder what else could they have put there? That old lady comes up with the strangest of slightly ominous messages.

Spoiler:
Um... what? You mean the timeline or the realese order?

RftA has Edgeworth being 24, thinking about resignation and literally leaving "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death" note in RftA credits. Not to even mention that Maya's still in Kurain. There's no way it takes place sometime else.

Nearavex wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
MBr wrote:

Spoiler:
Um... what? You mean the timeline or the realese order?

RftA has Edgeworth being 24, thinking about resignation and literally leaving "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death" note in RftA credits. Not to even mention that Maya's still in Kurain. There's no way it takes place sometime else.

I mean the order of releases. Sorry if I confused anyone.

DGS fucking when..

Too lazy to check the whole post.

Name: Godot
Type of cough-up: The whole plot/plan
Description: All the problems in this chapter can be solved by simply burning Morgan's letters before Pearl had any chance to find/read it. Considering Godot, Misty, and Iris already found the plan first and read it it's just stupid to let the letters as it is.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
I don't think it's a contradiction. Godot believed he failed to save Mia, so to make up for it, he put Maya in a dangerous situation so he could save her.
Plus, he says he should have gone to Phoenix right away at the end of the trial.

That is true for Godot, but it doesn't excuse the stupidity on Misty's side.

DGS fucking when..

Don't know if it's been posted before but,

Name: Klavier
Type of cough-up: Accusation
Description: It has been mentioned from the beginning that the weapon is a special one that is in no way easy to use by just anyone. Even Daryan got injured and made him play worse and he's got police training. How in any way can the prosecution side accuse Tobaye when he's just a small kid and clearly has no broken arms of some sort, and it was shot twice!!

Also about Godot letting Pearl get the plan so he could 'save' Maya, that was just plain stupid. Even if it was (which is dumb as hell) there's no way Misty would allow any harm to come upon Maya just to satisfy some guy's stupid debt.

BadLuckExpert wrote:
Don't know if it's been posted before but,

Name: Klavier
Type of cough-up: Accusation
Description: It has been mentioned from the beginning that the weapon is a special one that is in no way easy to use by just anyone. Even Daryan got injured and made him play worse and he's got police training. How in any way can the prosecution side accuse Tobaye when he's just a small kid and clearly has no broken arms of some sort, and it was shot twice!!

I've heard there was going to be some explanation about how Daryan had manipulated the plice but it got left out of the game.
Signature loading, please wait...

I don't remember which pages, but yes, both of them have been mentioned. No worries, though. Klavier is such a tool, and Godot is such a lovestruck fool. :)

It's unfortunate that some content was left out of the final game that would have cleared up a few discrepancies. As a result, the official canon says nothing about why the police are getting dumber or plainly sloppier by that timeline. We can only speculate.

DGS fucking when..

Name: Story Writer
Type of cough-up: Not explaining the plot
Description: The game didn't explain at all how the Mishams know about Apollo and his cases. Where did they find the idea for the rough sketch that's clearly pointing towards Apollo?

I always assumed that Drew had been keeping an eye on Phoenix because he felt sorry for getting him disbarred.

"Eggs?"

Ah, I explained this in another thread, I think. I'll just give you the short version - before the trial of Vera Misham started back up after a recess, Vera explained that Drew had been keeping up to date with what was up at the Wright and Co Law Offfices, and when he heard that they were back into lawyering he followed Apollo's cases.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

women are my favorite guy

Name: Edgeworth's affiliation with Godot
Type of cough-up: Writing inconsistency
Description:
In case 3-2, when you speak to Atmey about Godot, Atmey states that Godot is the greatest prosecutor in the country. Maya replies, saying that Prosecutor Edgeworth is the greatest in the country. Atmey then states that Edgeworth is currently traveling abroad and goes on to say that Edgeworth was the one who acknowledged that Godot was the greatest. However, in case 3-5, Edgeworth clearly states that he had never heard of such a prosecutor.

Well...it's Atmey.He was probably just lying to intimidate Phoenix,since he was defending the person he wanted to frame.
Signature loading, please wait...

cesar26100 wrote:
Well...it's Atmey.He was probably just lying to intimidate Phoenix,since he was defending the person he wanted to frame.

That's true, however, When Edgeworth is defending and Franziska uses her whip, Edgeworth says that a prosecutor can have a whip or drink 17 cups of coffee. This is a very small detail that I doubt that Edgeworth would have known if he didn't know who Godot was :godot:

"Eggs?"

DarwinThe100 wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

That's true, however, When Edgeworth is defending and Franziska uses her whip, Edgeworth says that a prosecutor can have a whip or drink 17 cups of coffee. This is a very small detail that I doubt that Edgeworth would have known if he didn't know who Godot was :godot:

I object. :godot:
When Edgeworth says that to defend Franziska, that was already after he talked to Detective Gumshoe about Godot. And Edgeworth even said that he needed to do some more reasesrch on Godot later, so he probably did that too.

I just always thought that Atmey was being intimidating too. :sillytrucy:

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

Spoiler: Turnabout Samurai
Name: Dee Vasquez's magical pipe
Type of cough-up: Graphical contradiction
Description:
At the end when Dee Vasquez breaks her pipe, she is shown with her arms down, implying that she no longer has a pipe. However, when the courtroom zooms out, she is still holding an unbroken and perfectly intact pipe. I guess she must have a infinite pipe hack just like how Adrian has a infinite glasses hack.

"Eggs?"

DarwinThe100 wrote:
Spoiler: Turnabout Samurai
Name: Dee Vasquez's magical pipe
Type of cough-up: Graphical contradiction
Description:
At the end when Dee Vasquez breaks her pipe, she is shown with her arms down, implying that she no longer has a pipe. However, when the courtroom zooms out, she is still holding an unbroken and perfectly intact pipe. I guess she must have a infinite pipe hack just like how Adrian has a infinite glasses hack.

Did you read the first post on this thread? It said
Quote:
But as a rule, we aren't looking for glitches or grammer errors, like a Male Bleep as opposed to a Female, or Matt Enguard's Magic Gobblet of Gravy. We want actal contradictions or blank areas that should've/could've effected the out come of the story.

Okay I just went through every page on this flippin' thread, and there's been LOTS of 1-5 cough-ups (that I'm more than willing to bite on, should anyone want to discuss.)

But here's one I haven't seen.

Case: 1-5
Item: Darke's Knife

Anyone wanna theorize how Darke got his knife back :darke: , and had it to attack Ema with? From what I understand, the knife itself was already evidence from the original killings, so it's not like Darke would have had it on his person when he came in for questioning with Gant and Neil (and even then, um, wouldn't a suspected killer be searched?! Well no, because AA police are incompetant...)

So how did Darke end up with it again?!!?

My only guess is that Gant and Neil brought the knife into questioning with them, as a means to try and push the truth out of Darke ("We know this is your knife!" - since Gumshoe says that they were able to trace the knife to the store Darke bought it from), and then when the storm hit and Darke panicked, he was able to grab the knife and run away - all the more reason for Gant and Neil to arm themselves, if they knew he had a weapon on him.

(I have another possible question...not really cough up? but howdafux did Lana really believe that Neil was able to legibly write Ema's name in blood on a flippin' fragile jar while impaled through the heart and lungs and on the verge of death, but...she wasn't thinking clearly, so...perhaps that explains itself?)

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

Pretty minor issue, and I can guess a few explanations for it, but in 1-4:

Spoiler:
When asked why the killer took the second bullet from DL-6 but not the one that killed Gregory, why would they take the one in Gregory's heart? That would seem suspicious in itself. The rifling marks wouldn't tie the gun to von Karma, and then people would wonder what the motive for removing the bullet would be. It wouldn't stop anybody from noticing Gregory was dead.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Polly wrote:

Spoiler:
When asked why the killer took the second bullet from DL-6 but not the one that killed Gregory, why would they take the one in Gregory's heart? That would seem suspicious in itself. The rifling marks wouldn't tie the gun to von Karma, and then people would wonder what the motive for removing the bullet would be. It wouldn't stop anybody from noticing Gregory was dead.

Spoiler:
The argument was that the killer had to take the second bullet because they were shot with it. The rifling marks were actually critical to proving Von Karma's guilt, which is why he retrieved the DL-6 evidence, and why he claimed that the bullet in his shoulder had no relation to DL-6.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

MBr wrote:
Polly wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The argument was that the killer had to take the second bullet because they were shot with it. The rifling marks were actually critical to proving Von Karma's guilt, which is why he retrieved the DL-6 evidence, and why he claimed that the bullet in his shoulder had no relation to DL-6.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I remember. I probably just worded it poorly, but what I meant was there was no need to explain why the bullet in Gregory's heart wasn't removed. But then I remember the player didn't have to explain that, just how the second bullet was taken, which was because von Karma never had it removed.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Layton vs. Wright cutscene
In the cutscene where Layton makes his appearance in the final witch trial, Maya is wearing her normal clothes, rather than her disguise. She doesn't take off the disguise until a little while after this cutscene.

DGS fucking when..

Not sure if it's a cough-up but the whole premise of AA6 is weird. It's the kingdom of Kurain, you would assume Magatama is an ordinary thing there. Can't they just ask the defendant whether he/she did it and then go from there? Oracle stuff is awesome and all but I get the feeling it would be quicker that way O,o

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Having just finished Turnabout for Tomorrow again, here's a cough-up/contradiction:

Yuri Cosmos explains his method of switching the launch pads. First, he switched the pads, then he put a "closed for repairs" sign in Boarding Lounge 2, which would normally lead to the Space Museum. Now, the contradiction occurs later in the case, when Athena says that when she snuck into the Space Museum, she saw the repairs sign. This means that she would actually end up entering Launch Pad 1.
Of course, you could explain this away by saying that Cosmos mixed up his explanation and actually put the repairs sign on first, then switched the pads.
I wonder if Athena was conscious when the pads were being moved?

Beware of the Dog

BadLuckExpert wrote:
Not sure if it's a cough-up but the whole premise of AA6 is weird. It's the kingdom of Kurain, you would assume Magatama is an ordinary thing there. Can't they just ask the defendant whether he/she did it and then go from there? Oracle stuff is awesome and all but I get the feeling it would be quicker that way O,o

The abilities of mediums in the two Kurains seem to be pretty different, so it would actually be pretty strange if that method existed in the Kingdom of Kurain too.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: 5-3
Apollo asks how the mock trial was proceeding despite watching it.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Poor, dumb Apollo.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Probably fell asleep watching it. Don't blame him.

Spoiler: 1-5
If Gant purposefully shattered the jar,then why did Ema see it fall down? I mean,she drew it down,so obviously it had to have fallen. And that jar is fragile.

I've felt worse.

Quote:
1-5

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I'VE LAID DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTUR- Oh, thought you were Cat for a moment.
Spoiler: pretty sure we don't need to use spoiler tags on this thread, but this one's long
1000 years ago, I wrote:
Quote:
well, I'm sure I've already pointed out how the entire JAR makes no sense, even if we believe that Ema was full of adrenaline and, hence, had the strength to push someone into a statue.

3999 years ago, you wrote:
What, a dumb unstable jar like that can do a kamikaze attack, fall from over 10 Feet height and not break, but when Gant comes in to write EMA on it and throws it probably from about 3 Feet onto the ground, it breaks? What kind of dumb adamantite is this jar made of?

Quote:
Do not try this at home: Take a glass tumbler from your house. Put it three feet above ground, then drop it without adding any extra force. Now take a similar object, lift it above your head, and throw it with all your force. Which one broke? No I'm not asking you to destroy your household objects, so I'll just tell you: the second one broke.

Quote:
Well how the fuck did the Jar jump ABOVE Marshall and Darke - and even if they were semi-leaning/crouched like in the picture, that's still at least 2 meters in the fucking air. And remember, that jar is already unstable. I STILL fail to see how it got HIGH in the air if someone fucking bumped into it. How can that thing NOT break AT THAT POINT?

Quote:
Well where the fuck did it say it was ABOVE Marshall and Darke? Is next to Marshall and Darke not a viable thought in your head? The jar was labeled as unstable only after it broke and was reassembled.

Quote:
The picture! The stupid polygon crap FF VII graphic style picture that Ema drew like a little kid to a psychologist at the age of 5!

Quote:
Those were two different moments. Two entirely different flashes of lightning. "Just then there was another flash of lightning". None of this indicates that the jar was directly overhead at the same time that the two were fighting.

In hindsight, the jar looks like it was made to fall over at the slightest push. With a base that small, it wouldn't take much to tip it. Friggin' antiques.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Page 59 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby