Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 13 of 18[ 700 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

Re: The Final Fantasy franchiseTopic%20Title

Pierre wrote:
If it's not too much trouble could I request a separate ff13 topic because then I can avoid all Cat's complaints about snow and praise for lightning all in one horrible little package.

Here's something: a post of mine pointing out how Hotel's idea of how XIII-2 did things "right" compared to XIII are bullcrap. I'm not actually insulting Snow or praising Lightning.

C-A

PS: Also, p~r~e~t~t~y~ sure the mods would not allow a separate thread for a specific game within a game series that isn't AA.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I don't know why not. The last several pages have been about FF13, and we do have a topic specifically dedicated to Mario Kart 8 and years ago, there was a topic dedicated solely to FF12. Not out of the realm of possibility.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I don't know why not. The last several pages have been about FF13, and we do have a topic specifically dedicated to Mario Kart 8 and years ago, there was a topic dedicated solely to FF12. Not out of the realm of possibility.

Well I would talk about other FFs more, had I some good news about them. Or news in general. Like, if VI was getting a completely new remake, I'd be talking hype-ily about that. And if someone says there's news about FF XV, well... whoop de do. Don't care about that game. At all. Noctis = Tidus with black hair.

C-A

Having seen the 2012 version of Les Miserables, Tetsuya Nomura was hell bent on turning the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XV (formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) into a musical! That's right! A musical! Thankfully, Square-Enix managed to talk him out of it...

...Okay... not that I care much, but I don't think Videogame Musical... would've worked well... in VI it worked because it was one scene and it was hammy written, so you could laugh at it. But given the musical of Les Misèrables... yeah... wouldn't work.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Having seen the 2012 version of Les Miserables, Tetsuya Nomura was hell bent on turning the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XV (formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) into a musical! That's right! A musical! Thankfully, Square-Enix managed to talk him out of it...

...Okay... not that I care much, but I don't think Videogame Musical... would've worked well... in VI it worked because it was one scene and it was hammy written, so you could laugh at it. But given the musical of Les Misèrables... yeah... wouldn't work.

C-A

Eh if the story is right I wouldn't mind seeing it. I'd trust them to be capable of making stuff up, though I think the Opera in VI is actually normally meant to be that dramatic, isn't that the norm for Operatic performances?

I'd totally see a musical about Dissidia, it's so crazy dumb it could be hilariously entertaining.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No, I mean the Opera was hammy - it was exaggerated, which was funny.
Then again, maybe our meanings for dramatic are different.
Dramatic to me means I'm supposed to take it seriously.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
No, I mean the Opera was hammy - it was exaggerated, which was funny.
Then again, maybe our meanings for dramatic are different.
Dramatic to me means I'm supposed to take it seriously.

C-A

Have you ever been to a real opera? Everything is intentionally exaggerated and hammy. Last year I saw Tosca, and even the smallest things were played up to ridiculous levels. There was an entire song about a minor plot point that vanishes during the act break. Yes, really.

On a side note, I am now attempting (for the sixth time) to try to play FFVII and at least reach the end of Disc 1. So far, everything is still dull, the combat feels like it's more focused on showing off its outdated 3D graphics, and I feel like I would be putting this down if I wasn't reading The Sevening on the side.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
On a side note, I am now attempting (for the sixth time) to try to play FFVII and at least reach the end of Disc 1. So far, everything is still dull, the combat feels like it's more focused on showing off its outdated 3D graphics, and I feel like I would be putting this down if I wasn't reading The Sevening on the side.

OmG. I totally know how you feel. It took me five attempts to finish the game. I usually stopped after the Golden Saucer date. The fifth attempt, I forced myself to continue and only made it shortly after the beginning of Disc 2.

I'm tempted to do a Let's Play of the game, as a mean to force myself to fully finish the game... kinda doubt it would happen, though. (Yes I would spend the videos bitching about how dated the game is and their many attempts of making Player Punches are just done too early and backfire terribly - you know what I'm talking about)

C-A

PS: "Aerith Dies" "OH MY GOD!! ...Who is Aerith!?"

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

OmG. I totally know how you feel. It took me five attempts to finish the game. I usually stopped after the Golden Saucer date. The fifth attempt, I forced myself to continue and only made it shortly after the beginning of Disc 2.

I'm tempted to do a Let's Play of the game, as a mean to force myself to fully finish the game... kinda doubt it would happen, though. (Yes I would spend the videos bitching about how dated the game is and their many attempts of making Player Punches are just done too early and backfire terribly - you know what I'm talking about)

C-A

PS: "Aerith Dies" "OH MY GOD!! ...Who is Aerith!?"

Cat I'd urge you not to, why play something you hate? Why not do one of FFXIII if you haven't already? You actually like that.
People will just come and watch and then be disappointed when you went in fully intending to rip it apart.

You'd say "that's just how I do things" and people would say "well it's a stupid way to do things and it makes your videos unpleasant to watch".
Sure there's a market for people who watch LPs of bad games but the game has to be universally accepted as bad for that to really apply.
The other market will consist of people who enjoyed the game or wanted to remember it, and people who don't have the means to play the game and are curious about it. The people who enjoyed the game will get annoyed at you, and the people who don't have the means to play the game will get irritated at your complete obvious bias and lack of sincerity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
Cat I'd urge you not to, why play something you hate? Why not do one of FFXIII if you haven't already? You actually like that.
People will just come and watch and then be disappointed when you went in fully intending to rip it apart.

I will, when I have a video capture device for my PS3/360. And I would start the VII LP fully being open that I am just gonna shit on the game. If they don't wanna see that... well, I'm not making them watch it. The VII LP would be A) the usual reason of me praciticing talking and B) a way to try to force myself to finish the game.

It's like people who watch my Blind LP of Danganronpa and think I am complaining too much - instead of thinking "Well I can certainly see why this would seem incredibly dumb to her" or just stop watching the LP, they have to make sure to write a comment telling me I "complain too much" (like that'll change something on a FINISHED LP - one that was finished months ago) cause they think that somehow will change something in that video.

Besides, I am definitely not the first person to LP VII. If they don't like mine (which I would probably flat out label "Cat Shits On VII" - and if you see a title like that, you'd kinda know what you get as you go in) they can go watch somebody else's LP.

C-A

Cat Shits on Cait Sith (and everyone else)

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Cat Shits on Cait Sith (and everyone else)

Oh please, who doesn't shit on Cait Sith? That fucking pointless Judas. :ron:

C-A

Horray, already published! So happy about this one, I read it on Texts From Last Night and knew I HAD to use it. It fit wonderfully, especially with the pose. (I know Noel isn't actually wearing plaid there, but it's still funny!)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Man the Distant Worlds concert was incredible! Really moving, and the seats turned out fantastic too! The Royal Albert Hall has a good circular design so everyone has a pretty good view of the action going on.

Even better, Nobou was there.

Even better, he was FOUR seats in front of me.

At one point they called him up to play "Dark World" from FFVI and I swear he was so close I could have high-fived him walking up the aisle if I'd had the inclination. Sadly I'd seen folks being turned away from autographs and the like and he was with his family after all so I didn't dare ruin his evening by being 'that bumbling fan' as much as I am in my heart.

When he was on stage setting up the keyboard with Arnie Roth and the audience fell quiet waiting for them to begin, one guy yelled "I LOVE YOU!" at Nobou and it was FANTASTIC and hilarious. Comes through clearly here.

Also it was kinda hilarious, Arnie Roth being the cool guy who presented the concert led in all the songs with an introduction. At one point he turned to the crowd and went "WHO LIKES FFXIII? Lightning Returns eh?"

Hesitation...then muted applause...

I swear there were tears in my eyes, it was just so perfect. Now I know why I'm there and I respect Masashi Hamazu's work, in fact the music from FFXIII and it's games is probably one of the strongest elements in those games but seeing that crowd reaction just reaffirmed my faith in the fanbase and proved pretty hilarious too.

He pulled the same "Who likes ____" thing later on with IX and VII and both got massive cheers in comparison. If I had to make a judgement call I'd say IX's was louder than VII's and the show was actually very IX and VI focused with them getting a lot of the tracks on the set list.

Still it was a fantastic night, and I can't recommend it enough that people go see it if they are so blessed as to have the opportunity to.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've seen Uematsu perform in Texas twice in Texas at a convention with his band, the Earthbound Papas. They're really a great group and while I don't fanboy over much, I can't help but do so in secret with Uematsu. To actually get to say something in person to him and get his autograph is something I'm happy I can scratch off my dream bucket list. Their rock interpretations of Final Fantasy and other game songs from Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were fantastic. My favorites from the two times I've seen them have had to have been the Opera song from FFVI and Sephiroth's theme from FFVII, though hearing Seymour's battle theme was pretty great too. One band I can definitely say where they sound as great live as they do on their soundtracks.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

You just made me feel terrible and reminded me of a year ago when Distant Worlds came to Munich and I couldn't go cause the seats were so expensive... :sadshoe: Also, during the question of XIII and LR, I would've yelled "I DO!!"

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
You just made me feel terrible and reminded me of a year ago when Distant Worlds came to Munich and I couldn't go cause the seats were so expensive... :sadshoe: Also, during the question of XIII and LR, I would've yelled "I DO!!"

C-A

Eh should be clear I didn't intend to make anyone feel terrible.

Of course there'll be some genuine fans there. In any case the music was delightful anyway, played "Light Eternal" from XIII-3 which to me sounded like a slower-paced Blinded by Light but hey that's a nice enough song anyway so I enjoyed it, transitioned it into the original Blinded by Light as well. Girlfriend apparently saw a Lightning cosplayer, spotting cosplayers is part of the fun for me. Saw several Clouds a Vincent, Aeris, a pretty great Yuna, Kain Rosa and Rydia and a Jecht!

dullahan1 wrote:
I've seen Uematsu perform in Texas twice in Texas at a convention with his band, the Earthbound Papas. They're really a great group and while I don't fanboy over much, I can't help but do so in secret with Uematsu. To actually get to say something in person to him and get his autograph is something I'm happy I can scratch off my dream bucket list. Their rock interpretations of Final Fantasy and other game songs from Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were fantastic. My favorites from the two times I've seen them have had to have been the Opera song from FFVI and Sephiroth's theme from FFVII, though hearing Seymour's battle theme was pretty great too. One band I can definitely say where they sound as great live as they do on their soundtracks.

I've not actually heard any of the Earthbound Papas' stuff but I was a massive fan of the Black Mages when they were around. Still they actually performed Seymour's theme as one of their new tracks (it's about a third into that video) and it was one of my favourites the entire concert. Hymn of the Fayth also got done for the first time too and it was beautiful as well, used it and One-Winged Angel as an opener. Surprised me a bit as I expected them to save One-Winged Angel for a finale like they did the last time I saw them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm not surprised, I didn't know about them either until they came down here. The Earthbound Papas are essentially the spiritual successors to The Black Mages. They had originally 3 of the the original members from TBM when they first started, but I think that's changed since then. Whereas TBM were only allowed to play FF music because they all still worked for Square Enix, TEP have more freedom to play what they want since they don't work for SE anymore.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Huh that's really cool I didn't know they contained members of the black mages. I thought it was Nobou breaking off to do his own thing. Definitely sounds like its worth a listen then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Huh that's really cool I didn't know they contained members of the black mages. I thought it was Nobou breaking off to do his own thing. Definitely sounds like its worth a listen then.

Yeah. I think the last time I saw them though, one of the former Black Mage members had left to do his own thing, bringing the original to two, but the new guy was amazing that it didn't matter. Their sound is pretty much exactly like The Black Mages, but they have more freedom to do songs outside of Final Fantasy since they aren't owned by Square anymore. From my understanding, it was Nobuo and some friends he made from Square that just decided to cut ties with Square because Nobou wanted to do songs from other games he composed for.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Don't you just hate it when your packages aren't being delivered by a spiky haired brooding man with an impractically large sword? Look no further!
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Tch, what a noob. Everyone knows that the FF II on a SNES is actually FF IV. Get with the times, newb.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Well that happened...

sumguy28 wrote:

Thank fucking God, Sazh! I am so glad you interferred!

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
It's a strange flashback sure but you don't know why at the time.

It's pretty easy to figure out what is wrong with it. :ron:

Explain? Because I don't feel like continuing my playthough in the next year.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
It's a strange flashback sure but you don't know why at the time.

It's pretty easy to figure out what is wrong with it. :ron:

Explain? Because I don't feel like continuing my playthough in the next year.

Spoiler: VII Spoilers
Cloud's behavior is a complete 180° from what we saw of him the last few game hours. There's no way that someone like Cloud would actually act like that, it feels completely fake and out of character.

The repeated instances of Cloud going into houses or talking to people and them all being "Who are you? (Weird Screen Flash) Oh... it's you... I didn't recognize you..." which either means that Cloud's appearance has changed DRASTICALLY since he was last in Nibleheim (which is false since we saw the flashback of him at age 13 in Nibleheim thanks to Tifa and we know he looked identical except smaller) or he's not presenting himself the way he actually was at that point. Another hint that Cloud is either lying on what position he was at that point or lies about who he is.

As for how he knew what goes on IN the reactor when he obviously was not in there... ...plot reasons. Can't have him suddenly say he doesn't know what suddenly went on in the reactor but it was the start of Sephy going insane, that would apparently be TOO obvious.

C-A

Shut up, Snow! It's totally normal to think dirty things about Tales of Symphonia! Isn't that right, Raine? *cradles doll in arms*

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

Shut up, Snow! It's totally normal to think dirty things about Tales of Symphonia! Isn't that right, Raine? *cradles doll in arms*

C-A

I've felt worse.

Current thoughts on Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP, not HD)
The gameplay is …okay. The combat works, but it’s nothing special. It’s similar to Crisis Core; but with three party members on the field and give or take a few mechanics. The game alternates between two sections: academy life, where you’re given an in-game day or two to view interactions between the characters, complete requests, and breed chocobos; and missions, where you either fight alongside the army, retake an entire city by yourselves, or infiltrate a base in the middle of a snowstorm without being seen and destroy a giant mech. For what it’s trying to do, it works. However…
The story… This story… There are fourteen playable characters and so far any exploration into any of them has been limited to a single trope for each. Doesn’t help when twelve of them share the exact same backstory. Oh yeah, did I mention they’re all high school students around the age of 16-17? High school students who become the nation’s saving grace in war? The game’s explanation is that younger humans have a higher affinity for magic. Doesn’t make it feel any less of an obvious power fantasy.
The main antagonist (most likely only for the time being), high Commander Cid Aulstyne, isn’t much better. Early in the game, he receives a report from a soldier that the soldier’s squad was killed. How does Cid react? He shoots him via fade to black. See, there’s evil, and then there’s just plain stupid.
There's more thought put into the history of the world, rather than the world itself.

Quote:
Oh yeah, did I mention they’re all high school students around the age of 16-17? High school students who become the nation’s saving grace in war?

Hey, I'm surprised they didn't send middle school students of age 15. That's also the generic saving grace age. (Anyone over age 20? Old veteran who'll slow them done. What experience that made them tougher and more genre savvy? That's no use to us!

C-A

Quote:
Oh yeah, did I mention they’re all high school students around the age of 16-17? High school students who become the nation’s saving grace in war?

So it's Anime: The Video Game.

I've felt worse.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Quote:

All it's missing is a tsundere and some unnecessary fanservice.

sumguy28 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Quote:

All it's missing is a tsundere and some unnecessary fanservice.

no tsundere, no buy :dahlia:

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Quote:

I dunno, isn't this FFVIII? Their military school seemed pretty high-schooly to me.

At least it's not as bad as FF3 on the Famicom. They're all like 6.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

No this is Anime: The video game

Though yeah the whole mercenary school is just FF8's thing.
Not that I'm not interested, the music in Theatrhythm made me interested.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yeah the "We Have Come" track in Curtain Call was cool and is the reason why I even wanna play the game on the PSP. (I ain't buying a PS4 for this, especially not if A) it does not have Dual Audio or B) I can possibly somehow maybe potentially find a way to play it on the PSP)

Though I don't know much about it... just that the white-haired girl looks like Lightning and Hope's lovechild and is voiced by Mayuko who voiced Yuna. Also, she uses a whip. HOT.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Though I don't know much about it... just that the white-haired girl looks like Lightning and Hope's lovechild and is voiced by Mayuko who voiced Yuna. Also, she uses a whip. HOT.

Now that you mention it...
It looks like they just took Light's face model and slapped on white hair. And I'm pretty sure another one used Vanille's face as a base model. Though I'd say creative character design may be a problem when you have fourteen playable characters.
And yes, the HD version has dual audio. And from the looks of it, they also made everything look more natural and less... red. Seriously, nearly everything in this game looks like it's behind a red filter.

Pierre wrote:

damn it Pierre why did you have to go and show me something I didn't know I needed

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:

damn it Pierre why did you have to go and show me something I didn't know I needed

:basil:

The problem is now my youtube account keeps recommending me questionable anime thumbnails after looking at that and going "What the hell?"

OT:
I heard a rumour that the beautiful-looking Final Fantasy Dissidia Arcade Edition might get a PS4 release at some point and that they'd look to have 50 or more characters by final release. That would certainly sell the console to me.

God knows why they included Y'shtola in that game though. Thancred would be a much better entry, or some of the villains, everytime Y'shtola shows up she either does nothing helpful or gets beat up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I get questionable anime thumbnails whenever I browse YT anyway so no big :yogi:

Also still holding out for Bikke the pirate for Dissidia
Page 13 of 18 [ 700 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station