Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

AA series/storyline ending?Topic%20Title

I am posting this here since I don't feel like it belongs in any other thread,which are about specific games.

After reading through some post and finding out that some people thought Caocom wouldn't make any more main AA games after AJ back when Investigations and investigations 2 were released,I felt like asking this.

Does anyone have any ideas for what an ending to the GS series should be like? Like,not necessary the last entry in the franchise,but an ending to the storylines of the current main characters,like T&T was meant to be,with AJ originally planned as an unrelated story?

Honestly,with all the characters and stories we have right now,I am not sure what a proper closure would be like.They would probably try and make the game answer all the questions left by the previous games,though that isn't as easy with both AJ and DD having left some unanswered questions.
Signature loading, please wait...
Re: AA series/storyline ending?Topic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

When it comes to answering questions, it'd probably be for the better if they didn't completely go out of their way to answer everything just for the sake of doing so. But maybe they could find a way to connect some plot threds and tie them together nicely, I don't know. T&T did a nice job with this in my opinion - they got previous stuff together while still bringing in some new things (thus making it a good game on its own merits and not just as an ending one) that they still managed to follow through so there wasn't any new questions raised and unanswered by the end of it.

And, kind of related, this made me think of a headcanon I saw on one of those aa-headcanon-tumblrs: that the final piece of evidence in the final case in the final game would be Phoenix's badge. I think that'd be so epic, I'd probably forgive some abandoned plot threads.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

To me it ended at T&T. Since AJ:AA fumbled a lot I don't really see it as part of the canon... in fact, I usually headcanon Phoenix into being another guy, in a sense :P

Dual Destinies... I just, ugh, the week after I beat it, my mindset was "the more time passes the less I like it" and quite true. I went from being dissatisfied but mildly entertained, seeing its potential, to now: I just don't care about it and the new main characters it set up washed down the drain with it. (includes Blackquill, Athena and Bobby IMO)

I also loved the Sly Cooper franchise (I know this comparison sucks) but after Sly 4 by another company I was just done with it. Sucker Punch or GTFO or Shu Takumi or GTFO. We've had 3 games to test Yamazaki's talent now and there is a loooooong way to the finish line, in fact, it's a mountain and he doesn't even have climbing gear.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith in Takumi's non Phoenix projects either anymore. AJ:AA felt too forced to me, despite of some excellent moments in case 1, 2 and 3 but it just lacked the spark I felt in the original 3 games. Ghost Trick was just as amazing as playing PW:AA for the first time again, so new IPs, Takumi! I tell you, that's where it's at!

TL;DR: It ends at T&T and everything else is sort of half-hearted-but-at-the-least-interesting spinoffs or continuations... that don't really pick up the story in satisfying ways so I mildly non-canonize them.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gamer at Law

To see a game that truly "ended" the series would be very interesting, although I think TT would be the closest thing to it. Unfortunately, though there just aren't that many more mysteries to be uncovered, I feel like. Certainly none as huge as
Spoiler:
Mia and Maya's mother

So I just don't know how they would end it properly. Although, I would ask, what are some of the unanswered questions you are alluding to? Maybe I've forgotten some.
"Are...you...high!? Erm, the girl in this picture...she's very high!"

Current LPs: A Link to the Past, Super Smash Brothers
Join me on YouTube!

Spoiler:
The sequel hook in the DD about the organization the Phantom works for and apollo finding out about his family,though that may be more an unfinished storyline than a question.

Spoiler:
And who the hell shot Phantom?!

Gamer at Law

Going for Miles wrote:
Spoiler:
And who the hell shot Phantom?!

Spoiler:
Seriously, the fact that this was never revealed ruined the ending of DD for me.

"Are...you...high!? Erm, the girl in this picture...she's very high!"

Current LPs: A Link to the Past, Super Smash Brothers
Join me on YouTube!

[Whip the cream!]

Spoiler:
That was quite an anticlimax, yes. And to the least, I wanted a face. But no, he's still this mysteeerious shadow figure (that one can bring down with the power of friendship).

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Spoiler:
I liked that the phantom remained as a mysterious shadow figure, but that lecture before his breakdown was horrible.

[Whip the cream!]

Spoiler:
Yes, I can understand that point of view too. I think I felt that the mysterious man was part of the thing that annoyed me with the game - that it tried too hard to be epic and such and that too gave me that vibe. Or perhaps I'm just too curious, I want a face, I want a peek! But that lecture, I couldn't even laugh at it, it was too embarrassing.

You know, a Mario game!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Spoiler:
That was quite an anticlimax, yes. And to the least, I wanted a face. But no, he's still this mysteeerious shadow figure (that one can bring down with the power of friendship).

It's like the pyro from TF2. If his face was revealed, that would ruin the mystery behind the character and make them not as intimidating. Also, it would be cool if the finale wrapped up all loose plot lines, like Metal Gear Solid 4 did before the fifth game rolled around. Another thing, I don't get why people put GS5 spoilers in spoiler boxes, but not ones from the first 4 games.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

True, about the "not as intimidating"; ah, my curiosity, my curiosity. (And, haha, I feel like I put that shadowy-thing quite immaturely, well, apparently switching the computer on at 5.30 or so, barely awake, because I can't go back to sleep is a bad idea. Or at least writing. But so be it.) Although I stopped feeling intimidated by him at the end because it was all so silly, dangerous as he might be.

It's unlikely that we will see his(her?) face,I felt like Capcom was going for a "Nothing is Scarier" vibe with him.Either that or he will have a tragic backstory next game.

I doubt he's going to appear anymore. I mean, it'd be spoiling DD's ending, and they normally try to avoid that kind of thing.

And he's a guy. It was confirmed in the game if I recall correctly.

[Whip the cream!]

cesar26100 wrote:
It's unlikely that we will see his(her?) face,I felt like Capcom was going for a "Nothing is Scarier" vibe with him.Either that or he will have a tragic backstory next game.

Haha, "Nothing is Scarier" was just what I thought about but for some reason didn't write. (Probably just because... I just can't see him as scary anymore... not after that breakdown... I feel so very, very biased. I did like that deadpan expression, though. That was... fascinating for some reason and almost creeped me out - so here he is. The real deal.)

Oh dear, a tragic backstory... So that's why he became all AAAAA during the lecture... :pshhh:

I am not sure,didn't T&T spoil some things about the previous games? And AAI2 spoiled everything about von Karma ( And added things about a storyline from a previous games).Maybe the whole reason why DD apparently forgot about the ending of AJ was just a poorly-handled way to appeal to new players,and GS6/GK3 will be more related to previous games.

cesar26100 wrote:
I am not sure,didn't T&T spoil some things about the previous games? And AAI2 spoiled everything about von Karma ( And added things about a storyline from a previous games).Maybe the whole reason why DD apparently forgot about the ending of AJ was just a poorly-handled way to appeal to new players,and GS6/GK3 will be more related to previous games.

I think T&T only spoiled Mia's death and that Morgan was in jail. And about GK2, did it spoil that von Karma killed Gregory or only the forgery thing? They're always somewhat minor things. Although thinking about it, a Phantom's appearance wouldn't be so spoilery, since, well, people still wouldn't know who the Phantom is in DD.

Adding things to an older storyline and retcons are actually pretty common in this franchise, but always explaining everything you need to know to understand it even if you haven't played the previous games. I think it's because the games are developed basically as standalones. That's why we have so many characters that are suddenly a important part of other's lives without been mentioned prior.

I am sure Gregory's death was mentioned,and the forgery was obviously spoiled since the twist about that.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Even in the case of GS6 or some future title will somehow tie together all the loose or confusing plot ends, each game has to be made as a standalone. The developers can't expect that everyone will go in order or play every single title in the series. There are bound to be gaps in the storytelling regardless, but I say DD came in with a little too much flair and not enough substance to keep the hype train going. Hopefully, DGS will pick up on it from here.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

Haha, "Nothing is Scarier" was just what I thought about but for some reason didn't write. (Probably just because... I just can't see him as scary anymore... not after that breakdown... I feel so very, very biased. I did like that deadpan expression, though. That was... fascinating for some reason and almost creeped me out - so here he is. The real deal.)

Oh dear, a tragic backstory... So that's why he became all AAAAA during the lecture... :pshhh:

His tragic backstory is that he has no friends, so he tries to imitate other people to get some. But then they eventually figure out that he's just a jerk about everything and then he loses all those people he thought were friends. Truly, a tragedy beyond repair.

Sorry for spoiling GS6, gaiz.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

Such a tearjerker. Or perhaps his friends got tired of him because he kept on imitating them.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

I feel like at this point a game intended as the ending of the AA series would have to bring back a lot of characters and locations from all of the other games. So I'd expect the final case to involve a location where a lot of reoccurring characters, especially villains. So it would probably involve a prison.

Quote:
And, kind of related, this made me think of a headcanon I saw on one of those aa-headcanon-tumblrs: that the final piece of evidence in the final case in the final game would be Phoenix's badge. I think that'd be so epic, I'd probably forgive some abandoned plot threads.

This would be great. Or having Phoenix and Edgeworth having to prove whether the last piece of evidence is a ladder or a stepladder.

Haha, I can see that all too clearly. Them working together and Edgeworth epically whipping out the final evidence - only to get an Objection from Phoenix. Because the evidence may be correct, but it's not a ladder, it's a stepladder.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

That would be an incredibly cheap cop-out. The debates will never end; therefore it cannot be the ending. It's common sense.

I'd rather see the debate taken to a new level when Bokuto is asked what he thinks, and he simply replies that it's the same word in his native language.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

It will never end, as long as Capcom make money.

Think about it like this: some periods of the series end. Phoenix had his period (AA1, AA2 & AA3), and this period ended. But the series itself is eternal

Everyone = Guilty

Here is How i see the ending happening

All Plots will have gone though and their is no need for defense attorneys

:)

The AA series will go on forever and ever.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Apollojustice12345 wrote:

So the Dark Age of Law eventually led to total anarchy? You know this is a tragedy, right?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Everyone = Guilty

linkenski wrote:
Apollojustice12345 wrote:

So the Dark Age of Law eventually led to total anarchy? You know this is a tragedy, right?

What Imeant Was That Crime and Murder have been completly abolished

But in Their A MAIN INDIVIDUAL DIES my opinion After SOJ

Spoiler:
Phoenix ..... yeah i know that will never happen

I know that this will never happen but a person can dream

Last edited by Apollojustice12345 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Hah,you want an ideal utopia of an AA world? Good luck with that,considering it's based on a law system with a 99% conviction rate.

And if there's no need for attorney's, Phoenix, Apollo, Athena and Edgeworth will go into existential crisises. Who is Phoenix if he can't show off his badge to everyone? What becomes of Edgeworth's paaaath?

The answer to this question is obvious.
Everyone dies in the end. Its the best ending.
(But I don't think that will come for a while, this series has insanely loyal fans which will keep this series from dying)

I feel like AA7 should be the last game overall. At least for the mainline.

They just don't know what to do with it anymore. I am myself tired of it. The franchise has gotten really stale. Honestly, they should just finish it already. It will never return to the glory days of the trilogy.

What will AA7 be? My bet just another boring overarching story just like AA6.

I thought Spirit of Justice was glorious, but that's precisely why I want it wrapped up, like, now. I'd rather they don't push it any further. Spirit of Justice left some things open for continuation, but as far as I'm concerned it would work as the end of the series too.

Honestly, nothing really ends nowadays. Even if whoever is in charge says it's over, it's just a matter of time before someone else makes a sequel, reboot or remake. And since AA is basically about lawyers solving murder mysteries, and murder mysteries are potentially infinite, I don't really see this series ending.

Happy Maria

It doesn't even have to be a game at this point:more novels and manga,and even another Live Action movie or anime. The possibilities....probably end,but pretend they're endless.
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps