Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

[UPDATE] DGS in Famitsu 5/13Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Famitsu has released, and with it comes a better look at DGS' second case and the investigation part of the game!

Spoiler: Full scans

Adding info as it's translated.

As we heard yesterday, the episode is called "The Adventure of the Friend and the Speckled Band", a homage to the Holmes short story "The Adventure of the Speckled Band". Set aboard the London-bound steamship Alaclair, Ryuunosuke finds himself the prime suspect in a certain "incident" involving a locked room and an adder, and decides to clear his name. But as the article puts it, whereever mysteries are, so is Holmes, and so Ryuunosuke and the Great Detective meet for the first time.

Introduced are two new characters: fifteen-year-old ballet dancer Nikomina Bolshevich and Mitrov Stroganov. Nikomina is running away to America, while Mitrov is a sailor who was patrolling the area of the ship where the incident occurred. Eagle-eyed readers may also spot what appears to be a familiar face from DGS' first case...

Investigation gameplay looks largely unchanged from previous games - players can examine an area, speak to any people, move around, or present evidence. Areas you've already looked at will have a check mark displayed by the cursor, and when choosing where to go, Susato will let you know if anything more needs investigating there.

The preview for the next report shows Iris and an unnamed character in the English lobby. Here's hoping we hear more soon!

Expect this info to be added to the game's official site soon.

Update: Info about the case has been added to the official site! Do note that the site is currently incompatible with certain versions of Firefox.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS in Famitsu 4/2Topic%20Title

Anyone here who knows Greek and can translate the writing on the floor? The second to last letter doesn't seem to be Greek, though. Maybe some ugly lower case Delta, but all other letters are upper case.

And for some reason the waiter from case one is also there. I wonder what that means.

Also does Sherlock hide in a treasure chest in one of the screens?

Breakdown

I have a thing for sea based cases after DD's DLC. This looks great. Also call me absolutely crazy but...
Spoiler:
I doubt it given the difference in size but I can't help but wonder because of her hair. The girl isn't connected to seeing the long hair during 1:51 of this video are they https://youtu.be/2Kze7m1QAts?t=1m51s? This'll be their craziest gender twist yet if so, ha.

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
I have a thing for sea based cases after DD's DLC. This looks great. Also call me absolutely crazy but...
Spoiler:
I doubt it given the difference in size but I can't help but wonder because of her hair. The girl isn't connected to seeing the long hair during 1:51 of this video are they https://youtu.be/2Kze7m1QAts?t=1m51s? This'll be their craziest gender twist yet if so, ha.

Hmm? Of course she is that "guy". She's just really bad in disguising herself.

Thanks a lot for the scans and the new info!

Quote:
Nikomina is running away from the Russian ballet corp she was once a part of to America

Say again? :udgey:

The word order in that sentence is weird, took me a while to process it, ha ha.
ImageImageImage

Self-proclaimed smart person.

I see "Zvarri!" was still a thing in Sherlock's days. Maybe he pioneered the expression? :atmey-shock:

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
steamship Alaclear

アラクレイ号, so Alaclair? ('Clair' pronounced in French. Why French? Don't know!)

Quote:
Nikomina Borschbich and Mitrofan Stroganov.

Mitrov (or Meatloaf). Borshbich sounds like it was derived from the Bolsheviks.

Lusankya wrote:
Anyone here who knows Greek and can translate the writing on the floor? The second to last letter doesn't seem to be Greek, though. Maybe some ugly lower case Delta, but all other letters are upper case.

Been years since I last read Greek, but the writing appears to be "ΓΑΓΔΕΡΟ[weird 6 but not a sigma]Ι", which doesn't mean anything, I think.

Triplemathics wrote:
I see "Zvarri!" was still a thing in Sherlock's days. Maybe he pioneered the expression? :atmey-shock:

Actually, Sherlock says ズバリ, while Luke says ズヴァリ. Alike, but different ;)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

That ain't no greek, it's written in russian (ГАРДЕРОБ) and says
Spoiler:
"wardrobe."

Also, I find the girl's second name a bit funny. Maybe it's supposed to sound more like "Borsch[t]evich." I also wonder if it's supposed to derive from this dish or the aforementioned Bolsheviks. Knowing japanese, it's either one of these.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Thanks for the thoughts on the names - I was in something of a hurry so I didn't have time to really suss them out. (The Mitrov one in particular was a case of misreading Jisho. :oops:)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Somehow, the pic with Iris is funnier than it's supposed to be. "Oh, that's a nice gun you've got there. Look at mine!"

WesleyB wrote:
That ain't no greek, it's written in russian (ГАРДЕРОБ) and says
Spoiler:
"wardrobe."

Also, I find the girl's second name a bit funny. Maybe it's supposed to sound more like "Borsch[t]evich." I also wonder if it's supposed to derive from this dish or the aforementioned Bolsheviks. Knowing japanese, it's either one of these.

Thanks! I figure it's both, but mainly based on borchst, to match that other guy's pun with meatloaf. This game is going to be amusing; food puns everywhere.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

So uh... what happened to Roylott? (I'm going with Roylott because that's the surname of a character in "Speckled Band".)

^ Unless Roylott appears later in the case as in person, you may be referring to the girl who isn't good at hiding herself but was enough to fool Sherlock Holmes.

Either Holmes is going to turn out to be a genius who's only pretending to be an idiot all that time, making him a giant douche, or he's legitimately an idiot who in a spark of genius at one point becomes the most badass character this series has ever seen.

On an unrelated note, I knew that lanky sailor was suspicious, but I didn't realize he was THIS suspicious.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ryuunosuke seems rather unlucky. Why do I feel like this isn't the last time he is accused in an incident like this?
Eureka!

Art Person

LOL The sailor's name is "Mitoroff Stroganoff".
>Beef stroganoff
>Beefy sailor
The whole "beef=brawn" pun extends to Japan!?
Spoiler:
Also is the "Hosonoga" named sailor the Butler in case 1? Well I guess he's not the killer

and after that newspaper shot it was obvious Loylot was Novavic

Re: [UPDATE] DGS in Famitsu 5/13Topic%20Title

Well, it warns against Firefox versions 37 and on, but I could view the site page with 37.0 all the same. Are you going to translate it, Bolt, or are you just leaving it to anyone else who may want to try?

元・超会社員級の管理人

If you want to translate the VA interviews, go for it.

Wooster wrote:

Is it somewhere explained why the burly sailor's face looks like a candy cane?

Btw. I wonder if the second case actually gets a court phase or if the whole affair is solved on the ship without a trial.

迷探偵

Lusankya wrote:
Btw. I wonder if the second case actually gets a court phase or if the whole affair is solved on the ship without a trial.

Private trial followed by the plank!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I didn't mean to jump on this, but I couldn't help but become very curious.

The VA interviews page is here. I swear, other than for how well done the voice acting is, the staff must have picked these guys for how closely they act like their roles.

Spoiler: Translation
Ryuunosuke: Hiro Shimono

Q1. What were your thoughts after you finished auditioning?

Since it was for such a highly demanded and popular role, the main character of the game, I initially had my doubts. I felt my audition didn't go so well, but as I thought, my "Objection!" voice was pretty good. (laughs) It was a tremendous moment for me!

Q2. What kind of impressions do you have regarding the character you play? Could you tell us anything you felt during recording?

He's a rather hot-blooded and upfront character, though when I was recording, I did as everyone suggested and made him seem much more like a frantic newbie. While I was still auditioning, Director Takumi told me to "give him a little more dignity sometimes". (laughs) So, while paying more attention to his inexperience, I gave a really, really intense performance.

Susato: Kana Hanazawa

I looked forward to what kind of results I had from my audition. I was really happy to have met Shimono-san, who played as Ryuunosuke. (laughs)

Q2. What kind of impressions do you have regarding the character you play? Could you tell us anything you felt during recording?

She's a rather charming heroine who has both serious and comical sides to her. She was a highly demanded role as well, so I was a little unsure if I really had gotten it. (laughs) During recording, I felt the tension of the courtroom as I acted out the role. Isn't just being in court not an everyday situation!? (laughs) When I auditioned, I had Susato-chan become a woman of courage and faith.

Holmes: Shinji Kawada

It was the newest installment of a hugely popular series; not to mention, it even had such a famous character like Holmes. When auditions were finally over, I felt so relieved to have gotten the role. (laughs)

He's a really cool character, but sometimes can be a little absentminded; all around a very funny and charming character. During auditions, I worked with everyone on staff to create this character while I acted out some things here and there. It was like we were breathing life into our creation bit by bit from multiple sides. I acted for serious, fun, all kinds of moments, and I gave it my all to the audition.

Iris: Misaki Kuno

It was really fun!

I feel that Watson-chan is charming with how she's still so young but is an intellectual. So, during recording, I gave her an earnest impression of a "young prodigy".

Baroque: Kenjiro Tsuda

I had a lot of fun auditioning for my part under the especially polite discussion and direction on site.

I believe he's the kind of character who doesn't show very much emotion or zeal, so I figured I could let him "show a little zeal whenever possible"... Yet, he still keeps his cool throughout the arguments and intense progression of the trial, so I had to maintain a delicate balance between that cool and any zeal I had.

Asougi: Yuichi Nakamura

I didn't have a lot of material to work with during audition, but I spent a long time focusing deep in the subject matter.

I feel that he's a character with a core strength that's different from Ryuunosuke's. I think the heat (core strength) from the end of the 19th century, where this game is set, is different from the heat (core strength) from nowadays, and I acted out my role based on that.

[T/N: I believe he's referring to the pressure attorneys face in Japan at the time and the extra resilience Asougi has to hold to be one in that time period.]

Narrator: Takayuki Sugou

Q1. Could you tell us anything you felt during recording as the "narrator"?

It was plenty more work than I had thought it'd be. (laughs) Getting just the right tone and such is rather difficult. I first put a lot of effort into it, but because we came to run low on time, I tried to get through it quickly, and it instead became too dull. It was difficult work to find the balance during acting to achieve the ideal point, but I still enjoyed my time acting.

Huh, this didn't actually take me as long as I thought it would, though I wish I wasn't interrupted so much. Could someone check my work to make sure I haven't mistaken anything? Thanks in advance, and thanks for the opportunity.

Cause of death is being dummy

This game having Russians in it is more than I could have ever hoped for :acro:

Gardevoir lover

The girl with white hair is kind of adorable.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Hates Teen Titan justice

Edgeworths ancestor looks so cool! :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Art Person

The more I see of Sherlock, the more I think he's Klavier Gavin.

Hates Teen Titan justice

SuperAj3 wrote:

I don't see it but if it is like Klavier I just hope he doesn't refence rock bands cause that annoyed me. :dahlia:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Cause of death is being dummy

Sladetheprosecutor wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

I don't see it but if it is like Klavier I just hope he doesn't refence rock bands cause that annoyed me. :dahlia:

I seriously doubt they're going to do that because nineteenth century.

迷探偵

Predicting Holmes playing air-violin!

Seeing гардероб in one of the screens confused me so much... "Hey, this word looks familia-- WAIT A SECOND".
I want to lol at all the silly Russian they're gonna put into this game. :P
Image ImageImage

Hates Teen Titan justice

Who's the cute looking prosecutor in the book scans. I want to know his name!
He reminds me of alucard from sotn

:3

Y'know

Well, the prosecutor's name is Baroque Bangieks...

Hates Teen Titan justice

Nearavex wrote:
Well, the prosecutor's name is Baroque Bangieks...

Intresting name I wonder what it means.

He also looks very familar to me
:edgeworth:

I'm blushing like crazy!

:bellboy:

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Spoiler: just in case
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
^ Unless Roylott appears later in the case as in person, you may be referring to the girl who isn't good at hiding herself but was enough to fool Sherlock Holmes.

Either Holmes is going to turn out to be a genius who's only pretending to be an idiot all that time, making him a giant douche, or he's legitimately an idiot who in a spark of genius at one point becomes the most badass character this series has ever seen.

On an unrelated note, I knew that lanky sailor was suspicious, but I didn't realize he was THIS suspicious.

I have a nasty habit of over-thinking these things... Sherlock's ridiculous train of thought was a big tip-off in itself, and with the descriptions of Nikomina in Famitsu it should have been especially obvious. That said, I'm surprised at how blunt this is. I mean, they go and demo a joint reasoning thing with Roylott in multiple venues, cutting it off because of *spoilers*, then shows another joint reasoning part, again cutting it off. Then on Famitsu they pretty much give it away by pretending that Roylott never existed. Maybe it was a little too obvious, but I suppose it has to be for an introduction to a new mechanic.

If anything, my discovery of the Roylott reference makes it highly likely that it's just a made-up disguise and not based on anybody. Maybe Nikomina is a fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories and that plays a part in this.
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes