Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 50 of 50[ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Oh, Silverbelle - you and your scientific methods! :edgey:

Oh, and Gaspen + Apollo is my OTP now, thanks to you. Why am I writing this just before going to sleep? Hello nightmares.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Oh, Silverbelle - you and your scientific methods! :edgey:

Oh, and Gaspen + Apollo is my OTP now, thanks to you. Why am I writing this just before going to sleep? Hello nightmares.

I learnt from Ema that true science is the only way to go! :scientific:
also, so you can have those "nightmares" and then write about them on the dreams thread to share them with the world!

[Whip the cream!]

Hehe!

Well... That is true... But I wonder if it's worth it for anyone! :apollo-shock:

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Hehe!

Well... That is true... But I wonder if it's worth it for anyone! :apollo-shock:

Oh it is! My official love calculator says so. :scientific:
Spoiler:

You know what they say. Dr. Love never lies!

[Whip the cream!]

I... Uhm... Well! I wish the happy couple the best of luck! Don't be afraid to talk to Gaspen about your problems, Apollo. Communication is important. Those are the words of Dr. Love.

THE SPIDER! THE SPIDER'S COMING!!

Personally, I don't really like any pairings, but if I had to choose three of my least favorites, it would be:

:ack: X :maya-shock: : I can't explain it, just nope.

:ack: X :wacky-edgy: : Woah, woah, woah! Come on! I can't even see this working if I supported it!

:sal: X Any character: No sane person would fall in love with this crazy dude.

I'm wondering if anyone mentioned :shoe: X :missle: , because I think that would be mildly hilarious.

Oh god I was really confused at first. Thought Gaspen was some character from PW:AA. Then I realized it was Gaspen Payne o_o

[Whip the cream!]

Haha, yeah... I can't really see the chemistry, but, urr, if science says so...

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Least favourite? Narumitsu. I can't see anything more than friendship there.

Winter Flag Trademark

Believe it or not, Edgeworth/Maya pairing = Instant Death or Knockout for me. :meekins:

Also, Edgeworth/Nick. Something I can't really support sometimes, I'm afraid. Plus, Franziska/Adrian pairing is total nonsense. I mean. Just because in T&T Credits was mentioned that Franziska met with Adrian and taught her how to handle the whip, all started jumping on the gun and 'dat pairing came. This is all just a train of Poppycockness. I just can't understand these sorts of wild fantasies. Although they have solved the matter out in that thread. :Hoboright:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

:edgeworth: X :kay:

'Nuff said.

Winter Flag Trademark

Kayworth Problems? :yogi:

The Enigma

I have trouble picturing relationships in which one person was already an adult when they met their significant other who was a child at the time.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

Yeah, same. I've always found that a bit... creepy.

:phoenix: x :maya: To be honest. I prefer :phoenix: x :iris:

Winter Flag Trademark

...I prefer two actually. And specify a reason later. Capiche? :texasman:

Objection!

Apollo and Trucy (for obvious reasons)

Phoenix and Edgeworth. (I don't support it at all)

:yogi: :yogi:
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

Man, there's a /lot/ of pairings that I don't "get" and try to avoid, or that I just feel neutral towards, but I'm going to go with the one that's been grinding my gears lately. Maybe I'll get around to listing the others later.

:lana:/ :gant: - just. Do I see Lana viewing Gant as a mentor, the way Phoenix did Mia, or Edgeworth with von Karma? Sure. But what on earth suggests that she was romantically drawn to him?

And Gant framed Lana's sister for the murder of someone that Lana had, at the very least, a working friendship with. And somehow I'm supposed to believe he did that, yet still loved her? Come on.

I guess I could maybe buy Gant trying to make a sexual advance on Lana, especially after SL-9, but them in an ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP? I mean, Gant seems completely incapable of caring about, let alone loving, another person. And um, Gant is more than twice Lana's age, so that alone is enough to make me :pizza2:

Happy Maria

Definitely :karma: x :gregory:

Yeah,when you start shipping murderers with their victims you're bound to go wrong.

bOIng!

^ Agreed, people who act like "OMG THEY HATE EACH OTHER THEY MUST BE MADLY IN LOVE" really grind my gears.

Happy Maria

:elise: x :gregory: is even more twisted.

Part of me thinks that it could be a good crack fic though.

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn wrote:
:elise: x :gregory: is even more twisted.

Part of me thinks that it could be a good crack fic though.

I half-certain there's already an unintentional crack fic of this.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Please PM me it,I really want to know :P

The Queen Refusenik

Aw-kay, let's start, I guess...

First, pairings that are too pushed by fanon:
:phoenix: x :edgeworth:
:franny: x :adrian:
:mia: x :javado:
:athena: x :simon:
:apollo: x :klavier:

And some others that I just... don't see, I guess?
:lana: x :damon: (though I guess it mostly bothers me cuz it collides with one of my OTPs... dun kill me pls)
:kristoph: x :dahlia:

http://astrogirl500.deviantart.com/

I'm an anti Frandrian ( :no-no: x :adrian: ) , they're better as best friends!
I support Adrian Andrews x Luke Atmey

Apparently I posted on this years ago, but here's an update. Sorry for necroposting.

I rarely ship pairings in general, and don't like anything that's incestuous (including adopted siblings)/between an adult and a minor, so I won't bother mentioning those unless there's something in particular I dislike about them. In general, I think that people in this fandom are way too insistent on making sure every character gets put into a pairing.

:simon: / :athena: : Forever the one pairing I can't stand, probably because I love them so much as platonic friends. Athena and her weird uncle Simon is a lot better to me than Athena and the guy who knew her when she was 11 and he was 21.
:simon: / Nahyuta: It's kinda irritating to me that this is so popular now. I think I can only ship pairings that have a deep connection in canon (or total crackships). Blackquill and Nahyuta... their banter was funny, but that's it. Same with Klavier/Apollo, though I think that one has more basis in canon because of Klavier's personality.
:sassy: / Nahyuta: It's like Klema but worse because at least I like Klavier and can form a likeable version of Klema in my mind.
:karma: / :gregory: : I played AAI2 and still have no clue why people ship them. It's not even a case like Blackquill/Nahyuta where people like it because they're attractive...? Unless the Manfred von Karma fandom really is wilding out there... I'm busy ignoring that Instagram exists.
:phoenix: / :iris: : Cute, but boring.
:phoenix: / :maya: : Phoenix is absolutely a big brother to Maya. It makes me laugh how Maya sees Edgeworth as a more suitable Valentine's partner, basically (not that I ship that either).
:trucy: / :pearl: and :maya: / :franny: : I think this makes me an old man more than anything. I don't hate either pairing, and think they're both cute, but don't ship them. Trucy/Pearl doesn't interest me in the least (Pearl will forever seem too young to ship LOL) and Maya/Franziska is sorta an interesting case. It's a pairing that could've existed since JFA first released, yet it didn't become popular among English fans until around 2014~2015. I understand the popularity of it, though, AA lacks F/F pairings and Maya/Franziska are a good foil ship.
Spoiler: (DD SPOILERS) Blackquill / Fulbright
It's a pairing that I don't mind if it's portrayed in a certain way, but anything where they're all lovey-dovey and romantic grosses me out. I like the Phantom as a character but I can't forgive them for ruining the lives of the Blackquills and the Cykes. Also, so many of the fans seem to focus on Blackquill being subordinate to Fulbright/Phantom, it's uncomfortably sexual compared to other pairings.

Spoiler: (AAI2 SPOILERS) Knightley / Keyes
Kinda got complicated feelings on this one. I don't mind fanart or fanfic where it's implied that Knightley has a crush on Keyes, but anything where they're directly in a romantic relationship or Keyes likes Knightley is far too OOC, even in some cases where it's an AU. Especially if it has Keyes acting all cute and shy... what the heck!? He hates that guy! There is something about this pairing that makes me uncomfortable to no end.

Unrelated, it's amusing to read back on the earlier replies to this thread. People straight up acted as if characters couldn't be bisexual, LOL. I don't think I've seen a single actual Phoenix/Edgeworth shipper headcanon Phoenix as homosexual.

Rookie Killer

Any one involving incest.

The Bulbasaur Attorney

I'm not exactly a huge shipper; I'm actually more fond of exploring the friendships between the characters and things like that. But these are the ones I like least:

:lana: X :damon: : I think their relationship was more like student-teacher tbh.

Any Victim X Murderer ships: No...just, no...

Any Ships with :kristoph: :matt: , or :dahlia: in it: I can't see any of these three characters genuinely falling in love with someone.

:franny: X :edgeworth: : They were raised like siblings.

:maya: X :franny: : This pairing just doesn't feel realistic to me at all. For one, these two have little to no positive interactions during the trilogy; it's canonical that Maya actually finds Franziska annoying. They have nothing in common besides being the same age and their personalities are way too different for me to see anything beyond a sort of friendship between these two. There are just way better same-sex pairings involving these characters (Franziska/Adrian, Franziska/Kay; Maya/Regina, Maya/Ema) than this one, and I just don't see how people can think this one would work.
<insert witty signature here>

Bulbasaur-Is-Awesome wrote:
:maya: X :franny: : This pairing just doesn't feel realistic to me at all. For one, these two have little to no positive interactions during the trilogy; it's canonical that Maya actually finds Franziska annoying. They have nothing in common besides being the same age and their personalities are way too different for me to see anything beyond a sort of friendship between these two. There are just way better same-sex pairings involving these characters (Franziska/Adrian, Franziska/Kay; Maya/Regina, Maya/Ema) than this one, and I just don't see how people can think this one would work.

I think the shippers see it as a cute opposites attract sorta thing (the same could be said for Franziska/Kay, but Maya's far more popular and well known). About Fradian, though-- my friend who ships Franmaya dislikes it because they see it as having a large power imbalance (due to Adrian's codependency). That might be part of why it's less popular these days, as people are recognizing and disliking imbalanced relationships more and more in fandom. Though I haven't got any opinion on Fradian myself since I haven't played 2-4 in years... :grey:

Take that!

I usually try not to be too judgmental when I see some of them, but even in the best of stories, I have to put my foot down on some of them. (This is just what comes in mind for now)

:athena: X :simon: , :edgeworth: X :franny: , :phoenix: X :maya: = They're basically family in my eyes (or in the eyes of the game).

:phoenix: X :kristoph: , :phoenix: X :that-b-word: = Oh, jesus, I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND

:phoenix: X :apollo: = I can't do this one. I just can't - not even for my own AU where Trucy isn't adopted by Phoenix.

:edgeworth: X :larry: = Uh...

Click the photos to be taken to my AU Stories!

Grnk! (This disturbs me greatly!)

Let's get this straight. ALL PW PAIRINGS ARE NONSENSICAL!
Even the one I feel is most likely, basically choosing the lesser of all evils, still has a 0.01% of even happening, let alone sticking. Also, NO PHAYA! NO! NO! THEY SEE EACH OTHER AS SIBLINGS! NOT AS ROMANTIC PARTNERS! THE GAMES EVEN CONTINUOUSLY DISCREDIT IT AND EVEN MAKE FUN OF IT! ALSO, PEARL'S SHIPPING OF THEM IS A JOKE AND ALSO USED TO FURTHER DISCREDIT THEM!

*ahem* I have become agitated. I apologize for my behavior
We will continue this discourse at a later date.

He/She pronouns

Franziska / Maya :franny: / :maya: , ive seen a good fic or 2 but its just an ick for me. Doesn't help phoenix and maya is my fav ship,

Also Phoenix and Iris, hypocritical I say this considering my other ships but I just can't see it working out after.. you know, everything.

The worst ship would have to be :phoenix: :dahlia: for obvious reasons. Also, basically any ship involving :pearl: because she's an innocent little cinnamon roll and also she's a child. I also dislike :phoenix: :maya: , but it's for more personal reasons. My sister calls me Phoenix and I call her Maya, so the ship between those two just feels really weird for me.
Page 50 of 50 [ 1993 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby