Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 1 of 14[ 522 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Pokemon RePlay OOC threadTopic%20Title

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

(No longer accepting applications)
Welcome to the OOC thread for my Pokemon RePlay.

The storyline is simple, because it will basically be the games' storylines. We're just going to go through one region at a time (if it continues long enough) and basically replay the games. Why do this rather than just play one of the games? Because it's better to travel in groups.
Information required is standard:Just the age of your character and a description of them (appearance, personality etc.).
We will start in Johto and figure our way from there. Items that can be found on the floor are on a "first come, first serve" basis. The way the battles work may test your ability to write descriptively. Reference to how the battles work will be similar to the anime battles, with no pokemon really having stats. However, this RP will have levels which I leave up to you to really decide when your pokemon level up. Obviously, higher leveled pokemon will have an easier time against lower leveled pokemon. So study a bit to see approximately how fast your pokemon level, or you'll have to deal with me. Moves with an accuracy of 80 and above typically hit all the time, but are affected a lot more by accuracy-reducing moves the lower the original accuracy is. NPC's will be controlled by me, and perhaps someone else. Going against wild pokemon way weaker than yours (at least 13-15 levels lower) will not need detailed descriptions.
I shouldn't need to say it but...
No God-moding is allowed.
If you have any questions, please PM me. By participating, I expect everyone to be fair and honest to ensure we all have a good time.
Pokemon allowed to communicate telepathically:
Riolu and Lucario
Smoochum and Jynx
Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir and Gallade
Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam
Braixen and Delphox
Drowzee and Hypno
Mr. Mime
Meditite and Medicham
Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle
And finally, Elgyem and Beheeyem
Stage Chance of critical hit
+0 1/16 (6.25%)
+1 1/8 (12.5%)
+2 1/2 (50%)
+3 and above Always (100%)
Spoiler: "Accepted Characters"
Akashi Crescent- me (Crescent Moon)
Basir - Fennekin210
Lucy Ponderosa - General Luigi
Anya Mergham - Lida Rose

"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Last edited by Crescent Moon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Re: Pokemon RePlay Sign-upsTopic%20Title

I forgot to describe my character. I will be a 16 year old boy with semi-long black hair, but usually wears a white cap; so his hair has no definitive style. He has dark blue eyes and often wears a silver necklace with a small plastic pokeball attached to it. He typically wears black pants with any plain color shirt, usually dark blue. Wears a black jacket if it's not too warm out. He's kind and cares about others, but can be a bit unfocused at times. His name is Akashi Crescent. His hometown is that of Mahogany Town, so he has a high tolerance for cold weather. He's 5'10" and has light brown skin.
His father still lives in Mahogany Town, but his mother's whereabouts are unknown...

Last edited by Crescent Moon on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

My character is sixteen years old and male. His name is Basir Callaghan. He's 6' 0", medium brown skin, hazel eyed with rectangular wire frame glasses, clean shaven and with short brown hair that is obscured usually by a baseball cap of different varieties (hence his usually messy hair when his cap is taken off). His typical attire is a golfing polo with khaki pants or shorts. He is a very intelligent, perceptive and definitely leaning on the book smart as opposed to street smarts. He loves travelling the world of Pokemon. He is, however, very uptight and is somewhat a stick in the mud when it comes to following plans set out by others on the road and prefers travelling alone, but can be convinced to travel in a group of like minded people.

Edit: His city of origin is Goldenrod City, making him in the middle with weather tolerance and less wary of large city and out of place with small and/or isolated towns.

Last edited by FenFen on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SenorJustice-dono wrote:
My character is sixteen years old and male. His name is Basir. He's 6' 0", medium brown skin, hazel eyed with rectangular wire frame glasses, clean shaven and with short brown hair that is obscured usually by a baseball cap of different varieties (hence his usually messy hair when his cap is taken off). His typical attire is a golfing polo with khaki pants or shorts. He is a very intelligent, perceptive and definitely leaning on the book smart as opposed to street smarts. He loves travelling the world of Pokemon. He is, however, very uptight and is somewhat a stick in the mud when it comes to following plans set out by others on the road and prefers travelling alone, but can be convinced to travel in a group of like minded people.

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your time here. Thank you for applying.

Age limit for all characters is from the age of 10-18. Be sure about the age you pick because remember, pokemon trainers don't age. Similar the AA games, thoughts your character has can be described through the use of parenthesis and any shade of blue text (but that should' ve been obvious). Also, I've developed a system for pokemon leveling.
Pokemon level rate/levels/how many pokemon required to defeat to level up:
Erratic/5-15/2-3 pokemon
Erratic/15-25/3 pokemon
Fast/5-15/3-4 pokemon
Fast/15-25/4 pokemon
Medium Fast/5-15/3-4 pokemon
Medium Fast/15-25/4 pokemon
Medium Slow/5-15/2-4 pokemon
Medium Slow/15-25/4-5 pokemon
Slow/5-15/3-4 pokemon
Slow/15-25/4-6 pokemon
Fluctuating/5-15/5-7 pokemon
Fluctuating/15-25/7-9 pokemon

If I think of more info to add, I'll post it.

Winter Flag Trademark

Hmm, I'll probably join this RP, as I have finished my character bio Partially. I'll be joining under two conditions: No Godmodding, and make sure this RP will be taken seriously, and by that I mean... Not too much silliness, not too much seriousness, as both spoil the perfect Roleplay.

I despise Godmodding. :tigre:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Hmm, I'll probably join this RP, as I have finished my character bio Partially. I'll be joining under two conditions: No Godmodding, and make sure this RP will be taken seriously, and by that I mean... Not too much silliness, not too much seriousness, as both spoil the perfect Roleplay.

I despise Godmodding. :tigre:

Excellent! You've made me so happy! God-moding shouldn't be a problem, because everybody will check anyone who god-modes. This RP will be taken seriously, the battle sequences depend on it. But even if we're going to be serious, it doesn't hurt to go a bit off track, especially in a pokemon game.

All humanoid psychic pokemon and Riolu/Lucario have the ability to communicate through telepathy. Their speech is represented through this ice blue color.
Time sensitive events will still be there. Remember, 4:00am to 9:59am is morning, 10:00am to 5:59pm is afternoon and 6:00pm to 3:59am is night time. So mind when you are posting. This RP requires some attention, since we are traveling in a group, so if you absolutely cannot post one day, for any reason, please notify everyone. However, this shouldn't mean you're not going to post just because you don't want to.
I'll add more info if something comes up.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

TheMoonlitAttorney wrote:
All humanoid psychic pokemon and Riolu/Lucario have the ability to communicate through telepathy. Their speech is represented through this ice blue color.
Time sensitive events will still be there. Remember, 4:00am to 9:59am is morning, 10:00am to 5:59pm is afternoon and 6:00pm to 3:59am is night time. So mind when you are posting. This RP requires some attention, since we are traveling in a group, so if you absolutely cannot post one day, for any reason, please notify everyone. However, this shouldn't mean you're not going to post just because you don't want to.
I'll add more info if something comes up.

Just so we are clear, are we to referring to our time zone, Central Daylight Time (CDT)? If that's the case, will any morning actions be in a different time of day depending on what time it is here in Central Time Zone (eg. Eevee has "enough" friendship to evolve to Espeon according to our time, but according to another user's time it's the night, hence an Umbreon instead)? Or are we going on another system of keeping time? I don't mean to nitpick, but it's just to ensure that your operation runs smoothly so that everyone is on the same page.

No, it's an excellent deduction that I hadn't thought about... hmm... simple. What timezone does this forum run on? That will be the one we use. Unless it's been coded to register multiple time zones... in that case, the timezone we use is the one all participants are closest to.
Also, I forgot to mention that the notification of absence works the other way too, if you want to try and run an all nighter, please notify everyone so we may plan accordingly

A system for catching has been created, so catching pokemon is now accounted for. Events that allow only one person to obtain an item or pokemon (eggs, clear bell etc.) are still only for one person (except HMs). However, if multiple people want that item or egg, then we settle it the way trainers do, by battling. Items on the floor are still first come, first serve however. One person may only carry one egg at a time. Eggs hatch at random, but obviously after a very long distance has been travelled.
If anything else comes up, I'll post more info.

Winter Flag Trademark

I like roleplaying, but I can't usually post sometimes, due to being busy at work. Also, there's a chance that the Timezones are different from where we all live. (The Timezone is UTC +06:00 in here.)

Ace Pointer wrote:
I like roleplaying, but I can't usually post sometimes, due to being busy at work. Also, there's a chance that the Timezones are different from where we all live. (The Timezone is UTC +06:00 in here.)

I'm determined to make this work so... hmm... well, UTC is 5 hours ahead of where I am, so I guess technically, it's 1pm... *mumbles* what a predicament...*mumbles* well, it seems this will just have to be completely planned. Or, the rate at which we progress is slowed. Severely. I understand that you have to work though... are you perhaps off on the weekend? Or rather, what time do you get off of work, if you don't mind me asking.

Winter Flag Trademark

Ooops. Just remembered that I'm busy tomorrow. Special Event. I may get time at 4:00 PM or so... or even early? ^^;

Ace Pointer wrote:
Ooops. Just remembered that I'm busy tomorrow. Special Event. I may get time at 4:00 PM or so... or even early? ^^;

Well, I mean it hasn't started yet. I'm still waiting for a couple things... that, and I want to make sure I have most of the basics covered, that way we won't have to really stop just figure out what to do. That's why I keep coming back and updating little by little. I want this to go as smoothly as possible, which I'm sure is what everyone wants.

Winter Flag Trademark

Okay, cool. :maya:
I'm usually open at 4:00 PM onwards, and usually (hope) not busy at Fridays.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Okay, cool. :maya:
I'm usually open at 4:00 PM onwards, and usually (hope) not busy at Fridays.

Alright then. Now all I really need from you is your character info, and you'll be all set!

Trading will still be there. That's what the second floor of a Pokemon Center is. However, to save the trouble of just having to trade a pokemon just to evolve, pokemon that require trade to evolve, but not required to hold an item, will now just need to hold an item of my design and level up while holding it.
Haunter-Gengar Mysterious Orb
Machoke-Machamp Golden Belt
Graveler-Golem Rock Polish (not to be confused with the move)
Kadabra-Alakazam Crystal Ball
I know there's pokemon from later gens that fall under this category, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. And don't fret, you won't have to worry about looking for them, as Gym Leaders will be giving these items (but only one).

Good news! Getting a bit tired of how your character looks? Want to change it up a bit? Well now, you can customize your character anyway you want! This option is available in all department stores, like the ones in Goldenrod and Celadon City! However, unlike X/Y, there are no limits to how you want to design your character. All for the low, low price of 500 pokedollars!
More info will be added as it comes up.

In Justice We Trust

I'm guessing the scale of the world will be much larger in the RP than in the games. For example, Goldenrod City, Johto's largest city, has a measly population of 126 in HeartGold and SoulSilver. For comparison, Osaka, the city Goldenrod City's location is supposed to be based on, has a metropolitan area with a population of almost twenty million (and about 2,500,000 in the city proper).

Regarding Skype, I'm currently unemployed, so save for the CR staff meeting each Saturday (usually between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM Central Time), I can be available just about any time. I go to the shelter each Tuesday and Friday, but I can easily adjust when I go on those days if necessary.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
I'm guessing the scale of the world will be much larger in the RP than in the games. For example, Goldenrod City, Johto's largest city, has a measly population of 126 in HeartGold and SoulSilver. For comparison, Osaka, the city Goldenrod City's location is supposed to be based on, has a metropolitan area with a population of almost twenty million (and about 2,500,000 in the city proper).

Regarding Skype, I'm currently unemployed, so save for the CR staff meeting each Saturday (usually between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM Central Time), I can be available just about any time. I go to the shelter each Tuesday and Friday, but I can easily adjust when I go on those days if necessary.

About the size, yes, but layout and NPC placement is the same as the game. And it seems you are pretty available, which is good. Now all I really need is your character info, unless you still have questions.

In Justice We Trust

Assuming you have no objections to anything in the spoiler box below, my character is ready.
Spoiler: My character (first draft)
Name: Lucy Ponderosa

Height: 5’6”

Skin tone: Very pale

Hair color: Dark brown

Hairstyle: Similar to the female Swimmer’s hairstyle in Black and White, but with the bun lower.

Eye color: Dark brown

Attire: A long-sleeved red dress with a skirt that stops right below the knees. Tall medium-brown boots that stop just below the knees. Light brown tights (though they’re difficult to spot, considering that they’re usually concealed by her dress and boots). A long-sleeved medium-brown jacket that she wears over her dress.

Hometown: Snowpoint City, Sinnoh

General description: Those who haven’t had time to get to know Lucy would be forgiven for thinking she was a charming and innocent young lady. She’s nice enough to those who stay on her good side, but those who cause problems for her will probably learn the hard way that she is very spiteful. She can be quite scary when dealing with someone she feels has insulted her, always acting courteous, but also secretly (or openly, on occasion) plotting to humiliate them as retribution for their insult. Even when she clearly wants to punch someone’s teeth out, she remains calm and polite.

In Pokémon battles, she is cold and calculating, perfectly willing to resort to any dishonorable strategy at her disposal for the sake of victory—though she stops short of breaking any rules. Anything she can use to her advantage is something she almost certainly will use to her advantage, no matter how cheap such a strategy is, so long as the rules don’t forbid it.

Family: Lucy’s mother and father are still married and currently live in Snowpoint City. Her mother, Marina, is a technician at the city’s Central Pokémon Center. Her father, George, is a clerk for Sinnoh Railways. Lucy also has an older sister named Emily. Emily is an assistant at Professor Rowan’s lab in Sandgem Town.

General Luigi wrote:
Assuming you have no objections to anything in the spoiler box below, my character is ready.
Spoiler: My character (first draft)
Name: Lucy Ponderosa

Height: 5’6”

Skin tone: Very pale

Hair color: Dark brown

Hairstyle: Similar to the female Swimmer’s hairstyle in Black and White, but with the bun lower.

Eye color: Dark brown

Attire: A long-sleeved red dress with a skirt that stops right below the knees. Tall medium-brown boots that stop just below the knees. Light brown tights (though they’re difficult to spot, considering that they’re usually concealed by her dress and boots). A long-sleeved medium-brown jacket that she wears over her dress.

Hometown: Snowpoint City, Sinnoh

General description: Those who haven’t had time to get to know Lucy would be forgiven for thinking she was a charming and innocent young lady. She’s nice enough to those who stay on her good side, but those who cause problems for her will probably learn the hard way that she is very spiteful. She can be quite scary when dealing with someone she feels has insulted her, always acting courteous, but also secretly (or openly, on occasion) plotting to humiliate them as retribution for their insult. Even when she clearly wants to punch someone’s teeth out, she remains calm and polite.

In Pokémon battles, she is cold and calculating, perfectly willing to resort to any dishonorable strategy at her disposal for the sake of victory—though she stops short of breaking any rules. Anything she can use to her advantage is something she almost certainly will use to her advantage, no matter how cheap such a strategy is, so long as the rules don’t forbid it.

Family: Lucy’s mother and father are still married and currently live in Snowpoint City. Her mother, Marina, is a technician at the city’s Central Pokémon Center. Her father, George, is a clerk for Sinnoh Railways. Lucy also has an older sister named Emily. Emily is an assistant at Professor Rowan’s lab in Sandgem Town.

I like the Dahlia-esque personality. Hmm... it's really good. Detailed to the point that makes me want to go back and revise mine again (which I probably will end up doing...) hmm... everything is A-OK! Just remember that we're starting in Johto, so she needs a reason why she's even there. But otherwise then, welcome aboard!

In Justice We Trust

I have something in mind that might work. I planned on sharing an extra detail about Lucy in a PM, and it turns out that that detail might also be able to explain why Lucy's in Johto. The PM should be in your inbox momentarily.

Admittedly, while I definitely noticed similarities between Lucy and Dahlia when designing the former, the similarities are unintentional. With Dahlia, the "sweet and innocent" persona was always an act. With Lucy, it's only an act when she's dealing with someone she dislikes. It's also worth pointing out that I don't expect Lucy to ever go into "rage mode" or "condescending mode" the way Dahlia did.

Edit: I would appreciate it if you included a list of approved characters in the main post.

General Luigi wrote:
I have something in mind that might work. I planned on sharing an extra detail about Lucy in a PM, and it turns out that that detail might also be able to explain why Lucy's in Johto. The PM should be in your inbox momentarily.

Admittedly, while I definitely noticed similarities between Lucy and Dahlia when designing the former, the similarities are unintentional. With Dahlia, the "sweet and innocent" persona was always an act. With Lucy, it's only an act when she's dealing with someone she dislikes. It's also worth pointing out that I don't expect Lucy to ever go into "rage mode" or "condescending mode" the way Dahlia did.

Edit: I would appreciate it if you included a list of approved characters in the main post.

I received the PM, and I'm sure you already have my response. And you say you don't plan for her to go into "rage mode"... *slightly mischievous laugh* well I warn you that sometimes, plans don't always go the way they should. Character development is a serious driving factor in my opinion, unfortunately/fortunately it can be either good or bad development. I also added the character list like you asked.

Winter Flag Trademark

Finally made the form. Thanks for the heads up, MoonlitAttorney!

Bio wrote:
Name: Anya Mergham

Appearance: Has a medium brown hair. She's a brunette, and wears a Purple-Colored Tailcoat and Blue Skirt.

Personality: Often nice, and helpful. But she's strict and obeys the rules usually.

Background: Passed through the College, but she has decided to be a pokémon trainer instead of a Doctor.

Is it okay? ^^;

Ace Pointer wrote:
Finally made the form. Thanks for the heads up, MoonlitAttorney!

Bio wrote:
Name: Anya Mergham

Appearance: Has a medium brown hair. She's a brunette, and wears a Purple-Colored Tailcoat and Blue Skirt.

Personality: Often nice, and helpful. But she's strict and obeys the rules usually.

Background: Passed through the College, but she has decided to be a pokémon trainer instead of a Doctor.

Is it okay? ^^;

Two girls and two guys, I love it! Um... I don't know if you'd want to revise or add something where you put "she has medium brown hair. She's a brunette..." it's redundant, you know. But otherwise then, welcome aboard!

Winter Flag Trademark

Eh, by that I meant her skin color. It's somewhat golden-pale-yellow whatever it's called. :oops:

Other than that, her eyes are aqua-green colored, and her hairstyle is, well... Kinda like Mia's, but a little short.

Okay now?

You're good! I don't mean to be picky, but it helps build the image, you know? But thanks for the extra clarification.

In Justice We Trust

If anyone objects to the idea of the weather being warm on the RP's current day, feel free to dismiss Lucy's thoughts as a result of her just being used to colder weather, being from Snowpoint City and all.

Winter Flag Trademark

My profile always appears offline, even though when I'm in CR.Net honestly, so people might get slight confused.

In Justice We Trust

I'm seeing "Online" on my end, but that might be because I'm an Administrator.

Ace Pointer wrote:
My profile always appears offline, even though when I'm in CR.Net honestly, so people might get slight confused.

I see it too, and it really throws me off sometimes...

Winter Flag Trademark

Other than that, there should be a color fixed for off-RP discussions like announcement in the RP Thread. :pshhh:

In Justice We Trust

I should point out that the CR staff meeting is starting in about fifteen minutes, so I might take a while to make any new posts in the RP until the meeting is over. Also, anything off-topic would be discussed here in the OOC thread.

Winter Flag Trademark

Some posters may need to declare that they can't post for some moments. You suggest to post those in this thread...?

I don't see why not. Sure, it might be a bit inefficient, but it will get looked at. And if need be, we can pause the RP

Winter Flag Trademark

Seeing as how all agrees, I see a little point to disagree to this. :welly:

In Justice We Trust

That's actually one of the purposes of OOC threads. It clutters up the story when someone engages in out-of-character discussion in the narrative thread.

Winter Flag Trademark

It seems Senor Justice is the final one that's needed for the RP. I guess it's paused till his arrival.

However, if someone didn't appeared and posted in the RP Thread more than a week, what'll happen?

Funny because he lives in the same town as me and everything. *sighs* I guess we do have to wait...
If someone takes longer than a week... I suppose we'll just have to move on without them. But they could still catch up if we haven't traveled too far away.
Page 1 of 14 [ 522 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads