Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 6 of 6[ 225 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Oh, one more thing that ticked me off: the overuse of flashbacks.
The execution rests, Your Honor.

Misokrattz wrote:
AceAssistant wrote:
Also, Apollo Justice was a LOSER.

:pearlshock: Eh? Is this popular opinion? I hope not, :larry: I found Pollo to be pretty cool to be honest. Why do you say he's a loser? I think Phoenix was definitely a bigger loser than Pollo, in the good way ofcourse! Everyone just shat on Phoenix, ALL the time, and he just took it! :nick-sweat: Sure, that also happens to Apollo, but not as much as it happened to Phoenix. And I found Pollo's cynicism and pessimism to be charming, and it was cute how he has the mindset of cynical 60 year old man, but looks like he's 12 :-P

I'm talking about his corny one-liners and nervous appearance. I'm not sure it's popular opinion, though.

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

I found that T&T had a butt tonne of flashbacks. Especially in Recipe For Turnabout, where they KEPT flash-backing to what nonsense Victor Kudo said. And it was the SAME line everytime! :grey:

Well they were cheesey, but atleast Apollo didn't overuse his one-liners. I personally didn't find them annoying at all. :pearl:
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

I think Apollo's apparent loserness comes more of the way everybody is overshadowing and spoonfeeding him all the time in his own game rather than of his personality.

Misokrattz wrote:
I found that T&T had a butt tonne of flashbacks. Especially in Recipe For Turnabout, where they KEPT flash-backing to what nonsense Victor Kudo said. And it was the SAME line everytime! :grey:

Well they were cheesey, but atleast Apollo didn't overuse his one-liners. I personally didn't find them annoying at all. :pearl:

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm only nitpicking here, naming the things I DIDN'T like. That's what the topic of this forum was, no? But I still think it's an awesome game overall. :trucy:

I like a lot of things about Apollo. He has his moments where he turns on his badass mode, and his character is quite endearing when he's not dishing out the cheesy one-liners (which don't bug me TOO much.) I also like a lot of the rest of the characters, too. They're just as unique as the previous games. Also, I genuinely cared about them at times. Oh, and the music? ABSOLUTELY DIVINE. And I also suppose that I've come to respect Apollo's bracelet a little more (although it would be cooler if he can be Sherlock WITHOUT it).

So you see, overall, I'd give the game a good 8/10. Like the Legend of Zelda games (my favorite series), there are ZERO bad Ace Attorney games (my 2nd favorite series). Even the crossover game (minus the ending) was great.

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

AceAssistant wrote:
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm only nitpicking here, naming the things I DIDN'T like. That's what the topic of this forum was, no?
Wah, s-sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was crapping on your opinion! :larry: It wasn't my intention at all!

Even with it's flaws, AJ is my fave installment. :apollo: DAT MUSIC THO! <3 I REALLY enjoyed the using the bracelet! My complaint was the game held your hand for too long for it. Like the tutorial for it was dragged on for two cases, and then there weren't enough cases in the game, nor enough times to use your Perceive.
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

nothing p*ssed me off as such I enjoyed the game overall they are afew niggles such as case 2 and 3 defendants you don't get to speak to them much before first trial.

The final trail wasnt all that great as we already knew everything so no awesome twists or anything

I do have to admit things happened abrupitly in an investigation then bam trial
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The video game boy; the one who wins

The final could've been way more satisfying... I mean, we didn't even get to take Kristoph down properly. Percieving him was pretty cool but really did nothing to help the case as he just said "you don't have any evidence" and then out of the blue comes the jurist system, instead of having the player turn their thinking around AA-style and come up with some awesome seemingly random evidence that turns out to be fool-proof and nail the whole case. Especially as the jurist system just makes it about Phoenix again. The final villain-breakdown is just "WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT", while Apollo, being the protagonist and current lawyer and everything just stands there and is forgotten :sadshoe: It all begins and ends with Phoenix's vendetta against Kristoph and vice versa.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Fist of Justice wrote:
The final could've been way more satisfying... I mean, we didn't even get to take Kristoph down properly. Percieving him was pretty cool but really did nothing to help the case as he just said "you don't have any evidence" and then out of the blue comes the jurist system, instead of having the player turn their thinking around AA-style and come up with some awesome seemingly random evidence that turns out to be fool-proof and nail the whole case. Especially as the jurist system just makes it about Phoenix again. The final villain-breakdown is just "WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT", while Apollo, being the protagonist and current lawyer and everything just stands there and is forgotten :sadshoe: It all begins and ends with Phoenix's vendetta against Kristoph and vice versa.

That. It seemed unfinished and anticlimactic.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Also, imagine how much cooler it would have been if he had shouted "JUUUUUSTIIIIIICEEEEEEE" :Kristoph-hair:

Fist of Justice wrote:
Also, imagine how much cooler it would have been if he had shouted "JUUUUUSTIIIIIICEEEEEEE" :Kristoph-hair:

He's a terrible villain, he could've yelled Fuck and it would have not made him any better.

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

Fist of Justice wrote:

Haha, yes. Touché, Kristoph. Justice is served. :apollo:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

CatMuto wrote:
Fist of Justice wrote:

He's a terrible villain, he could've yelled Fuck and it would have not made him any better.

C-A

Meh, I thought he was a better villain than Dahlia at least. The thing about Kristoph is that there was so much unexplored potential, but like most of AJ, it was poorly executed.

And seriously, 4-4 is the most disappointing final case in the series, hands down. Even with the ridiculous explanation for the witches, and the Storyteller's long winded testimonies, PLvsPW still had a more satisfying final case than this did.

Still, Apollo Justice has the best tutorial case in the series, so at least it didn't screw everything up.

Spoiler: Turnabout Serenade
Machi's motive, I needed money... yah.

Psykofreac wrote:

Spoiler:
I think Daryan's similar motive is more stupid, because I'd think that he would have money to spare, playing in a famous band and all.

Spoiler:
Yeah, everything in case 3 went downhill the moment Daryan was brought in as witness. Kind of sad actually, the case actually had a really good build up and I was hyped at how awesome it was going to overall be. Also expected more drama out of Klavier, seeing as how him and Daryan were best buddies and all.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Going for Miles wrote:
Psykofreac wrote:

Spoiler:
I think Daryan's similar motive is more stupid, because I'd think that he would have money to spare, playing in a famous band and all.

Spoiler:
I think if his motive was to save the Chief Justice's son, he would have been more likeable. Plus, it would have prompted some discussion about law (is it right to break the law to save a life?)
But Apollo doesn't know anything about law.
"Someday, I'll know what law is."

Yup, they surely missed out on some things that could have made the case more dynamic and interesting.

Ace Procrastinator

When Hotti made an appearance, and other characters like Iris, Edgeworth, and Maya didn't.
Spoiler:
Also when Phoenix accidentally presents forged evidence and gets disbarred, yet others willingly present forged evidence and get away with it. Where's the logic in that?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
Yeah, when it came to all of the characters who could possibly make an appearance to tie the trilogy together with AJ, they went with Hotti, Meekins, and Ema. I do like Ema more in this game than her appearances in the first game and the Edgeworth games, however.

For me, the rivalry between Klavier and Apollo is not nearly as compelling as the rivalry between Phoenix and the prosecutors of the games in the trilogy, as well as the one between Athena and Blackquill.

Spoiler:
The worst part about the Hotti cameo is that he plays absolutely no role in the case whatsoever, and yet his profile is added to the court record. Why even bother to put him in? I guess that he played a bigger role in the original script that Takumi had to change, probably similar to his appearance in 2-2, but why leave him for nothing? This one cameo remains the most random and pointless in the franchise to this day, which is saying something. Also, I'm a fan of cameos, but I think I would have rather literally any other character from the OT, from Sal Manella to Sister Bikini.

luck wrote:
Spoiler:
The worst part about the Hotti cameo is that he plays absolutely no role in the case whatsoever, and yet his profile is added to the court record. Why even bother to put him in? I guess that he played a bigger role in the original script that Takumi had to change, probably similar to his appearance in 2-2, but why leave him for nothing? This one cameo remains the most random and pointless in the franchise to this day, which is saying something. Also, I'm a fan of cameos, but I think I would have rather literally any other character from the OT, from Sal Manella to Sister Bikini.

Eww, yes. Why, Takumi, why. He probably did it with the intention of pissing the players off

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Hotti was such a minor character I didn't think that. He didn't ever appear as a witness IIRC. The worst cameo would either be Ema in AAI or Klavier in DD because of how fan-favorite they are yet only get barely even one scene to shine.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

:)

I wish they told Apollo and Trucy they were related.

Happy Maria

Why does this game try so hard to disconnect from the previous games? It would be fine for them to be in the same universe,but they could use previous locations instead of making new ones. Eg.Hotti--->Hickfield,Vitamin Square----> People Park,Cadaverinis----> Kitakis.
Page 6 of 6 [ 225 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)