Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 8 of 9[ 356 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Pokémon RePlayTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

"Gem... Interesting name," Lucy commented. "I thought Geodude didn't evolve into any Pokémon that looked like gems or had anything resembling gems on their bodies. Or are the Geodude here different?"
I'll always love you, Max.

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

"Huh? No, Geodude are the same, I think. But rocks under pressure tend to become gemstones, and I think it is a fitting name for a useful pokemon like Gem here."
(5 minutes until we move forward)
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

After that explanation, everyone left the cave. The sudden brilliance of sunlight blinded everyone momentarily. After recovering, they pressed on, excited about finally reaching Violet City. They passed by a small body of water and a tree with familiar fruits that were black this time. Akashi wasted no time picking a few of the Black Apricorns. He then noticed that a man was sleeping under the tree. Envious, Akashi laid down too, to everyone else's dismay.

In Justice We Trust

"We're not that far from Violet City, Akashi," Lucy complained. "If you're this tired, could you please wait until we reach the Pokémon Center? It shouldn't be too long of a walk."

You’re so small in such a big world...

"Dismay" was one word to describe how Anya was feeling.

"Restless" and "frustrated" would be the words she'd use, though.

"Hey! We shouldn't rest now. The city's so close!" she said, putting her hands on her hips. "The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get our first badge, and the closer we get to the Pokemon League. That's what you wanted, right?"

"Cynda . . . ."

"Huh? You wouldn't mind resting now, either, Cyan?"

"Cyndaquill," Cyan said drowsily.

"Weedle," Weedle chimed in.

"Hmph. There's a Pokemon center right there. If you're that tired, I can carry you the rest of the way." She picked up Cyan. "Are we moving on or are we wasting time?"
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

In Justice We Trust

(Not how I would have worded it, but she makes a good point,) Lucy thought. "Shall we just leave you here and let you catch up to us?" she asked Akashi.

Akashi shook his head. He got up and picked up Lily, who went to sleep in his arms. "Alright... no rest for the weary." said Akashi, a bit jealous of his sleeping pokemon. The group moved forward and down a small hill. Another Bug Catcher boy approached them. "I challenge you to a battle!" He said, pointing at Akashi. Akashi glared momentarily at Lucy and Anya. Akashi sighed, "alright, let's battle!"

(7 minutes before I continue with the battle.)

In Justice We Trust

"Indeed, no rest for the weary," Lucy said, chuckling at Akashi's luck. "You always could have stayed behind. Then maybe one of us would have been challenged instead. You would have gotten a nap and the path to Violet City probably wouldn't have had any other trainers on it looking to battle you. Then again, that could lead to you falling behind in more ways than one if this became a regular occurrence."

Akashi heard Lucy, but tried not to pay attention to it too much. The Bug Catcher sent out a Caterpie (Lv. 2) and Akashi sent out Gem, who seemed to be a bit recovered. Akashi facepalmed as he forgot how damaged Gem was. Akashi beckoned Gem towards him and sprayed him with a potion, completely healing him. The Geodude went out and was ready for battle.
"Caterpie, use Tackle!" The Caterpie crawled quickly and tackled Gem. Akashi was shocked... because Gem was barely affected. In fact, it seemed like the Caterpie damaged itself more than it hurt the Geodude. "Gem, use Tackle!" Gem quickly crashed into Caterpie, catching it by surprise and knocking it out.
The Bug Catcher recalled his Caterpie and proceeded to send out another Caterpie (Lv. 2). Akashi let out an exasperated sigh. "Gem, use Tackle!" And that's exactly what Gem did. The Caterpie was hurt, but withstood the attack. "Caterpie, use String Shot!" The Caterpie then quickly wrapped up Gem, slowing it down. Akashi, however didn't seem to bothered about it. "Gem, use Tackle once more!" Gem hurtled towards Caterpie and crashed into it, knocking the opposing pokemon out. Gem is now Level 5.) Akashi's Pokedex said.
The Bug Catcher smirked as he recalled that Caterpie and sent out... another Caterpie! (Lv. 2)
Akashi looked very distraught, but then smiled.
"Caterpie, use String Shot!" "Gem, Tackle him as he's using String Shot!" The Geodude quickly went towards Caterpie, surprising it as it tried, to no avail, hit Gem with its String Shot. Caterpie was knocked out.
The Bug Catcher frowned a bit as he recalled his Caterpie and sent out... a Weedle! (Lv. 3)
Akashi looked relieved. "Gem, use Sand Attack!" Gem proceeded to throw sand at Weedle, lowering its accuracy. "Weedle, use Poison Sting!" Weedle tackled Gem, stinger first. It hit, but Gem was seemingly unaffected. Akashi ordered Gem to use Tackle, which landed and sent Weedle flying.
"Weedle, Poison Sting one more time!" Weedle recovered and landed, then lunged at Gem. The move connected. Gem easily withstood it, but was poisoned. "Ah... Gem, use Tackle!" Gem quickly crashed into Weedle, knocking it out. Akashi finally won. (Gem is now Level 6.) Akashi's Pokedex said.
The Bug Catcher recalled his Weedle, handed Akashi 128¥, and then walked off into the trees. Akashi then sat down, high fiving Gem as he came back.

In Justice We Trust

"Nicely done," Lucy said. "That said, we should probably get Gem to a Pokémon Center, since he--or she--come to think of it, did you ever check? Well, regardless, Gem's poisoned, so we should get him or her to a Pokémon Center, the nearest one being in Violet City." She paused. "Alternatively, you could stay here and lend me the money to buy an Antidote so I can bring it back to you."

Akashi shook his head, "I have an Antidote."
He pulled out a yellow spray bottle and sprayed it on Gem. Gem was then cured of poisoning.
"Shall we move on?" Asked Akashi.

(Was I too harsh back there . . . ? Hmph. So what if I was harsh? If Akashi stayed beneath the tree, he would have missed out on valuable experience for his Pokemon. He should be thanking me!)

"Congratulations," Anya said. "Yeah. Let's move on."

In Justice We Trust

"Of course," Lucy said to Akashi. "I was just a bit concerned that you wanted to rest. You didn't seem too enthusiastic about continuing to Violet City, after all."

Akashi shrugged, "It's ok. I'm wide awake now". He recalled Gem and got up. The group then traversed through the grass and walked through the gate going into Violet City.

Violet City was a very fitting name, as most of the buildings had violet roofs. The Pokemon Center was at the entrance and in the distance, Sprout Tower could be seen. A pleasant scent of flowers created a nostalgic atmosphere.
"Wow! It's so nice here! I love the way it smells! Now... we should probably head to the Pokemon Center first."

The scent of flowers seemed to beckon Anya. She supposed she could put off going to the Pokemon Center and just take in the sights . . . .

Then she remembered how her Sentret seemed to be low on health after that battle on the way here and shook her head at herself. There would be time to explore after her team was at full health!

"Right. Yeah. Pokemon Center first!" she agreed.

(At least there I might be able to eat something . . . didn't expect I would be this hungry already . . . .)

In Justice We Trust

"About that tower in the distance... the one with the three roofs and that spire... do you know if it's open to the public?" Lucy asked her companions, not caring which one of them answered, as they neared the Pokémon Center. "I've never seen anything like that in Sinnoh. If it's open to the public, I'd like to go inside once we're done at the Pokémon Center."

"Yes, it's open to the public." Akashi answered. The group then proceeded to the Pokemon Center. They entered and went up to the counter. Nurse Joy was there to greet them. "Welcome to the Pokemon Center! How may I help you?"

Back in it, hopefully for the better

"Hello, m'am. Would you mind healing our Pokemon?"

Basir gestured to his exhausted Pokémon and to the others' Pokémon.

Nurse Joy nodded and proceeded to take everyone's pokemon. She took them into a room in the back and came out a few minutes later. She handed everyone their pokemon back. "Thank you! Please take care!" She said.
Akashi looked at the group. "So, where should we go?"

In Justice We Trust

"Well, I already mentioned I'd like to see that tower," Lucy said. "I believe Basir called it the Bellsprout Tower? Or is that the name of a different building in this city?"

"The tower seems like a cool place, but we should also stop at the PokeMart and restock our supplies," Anya said. (I do, after all, have money to spend.)

"Cyndaquill!"

"Oh, okay. We can wait until after we explore the tower to shop if you guys want. Cyan seems eager to check it out, at any rate."

Akashi thought about it, "We should probably go restock first. We'll pass by the gym, so we can check it out as we pass by it."

"Is anyone feeling ready to take on a gym leader? I kinda do."

In Justice We Trust

"I'm thinking it would be better to get some more training in first," Lucy replied. "Still, I can't stop you from challenging the Gym if you want to." She glanced at Akashi and Anya. "Perhaps we could split up for the time being if we can't agree on what to do first?"

(If the gym leader here is anything like Candice, we're definitely not ready.)

"Not without you all I'm not gonna challenge the gym leader. I guess some extra training is certainly not a bad idea."

In Justice We Trust

"Since we're going to the Poké Mart, why don't we ask someone who works there if there's any place in this city (other than the Gym) where we could find a battle? We can always just battle each other for training if there aren't any other options."

Akashi thought about it. "Hmm... I knew I said this would be easy... but I don't think we're quite ready to challenge the gym yet..." Akashi said with a slight frown. "Well, first things first. Let's go to the Poke Mart. Is everybody ready to go?"

"Yes."

In Justice We Trust

"Of course," Lucy said. She reached into her bag as everyone began walking and took out her coin purse to check how much money she had in it. "Hm... I doubt I'll be able to buy much unless the prices are lower here," she muttered. "Maybe a Potion or two..."

Anya also agreed and then everyone left the Pokemon Center. They walked to the Poke Mart, stopping and looking at the gym. Their first goal was standing before them, but more time would pass before they would challenge the gym. They continued onwards and entered the nearby Poke Mart.

In Justice We Trust

Lucy immediately walked over to the shelves holding Potions and other medical items, examining the prices. "Same as in Cherrygrove City," she mumbled. She picked up a Paralyze Heal and two Antidotes and carried them over to the cashier, placing ¥400 on the counter with the bottles.

"Thank you," the cashier said, taking the coins.

"By the way, do you know of any places where I could train my Pokémon some more before challenging the Gym?"

"Well, there's the Sprout Tower. The sages that tend to the tower are all trainers. There are also wild Pokémon there."

"That's the tower with the multiple roofs and that spire, right?"

"Yes."

"Thanks." (Even more reason to go there, then.) Lucy put the bottles in her bag and walked to the door to wait for her companions.

Akashi browsed through all the wares. Indeed, everything was similar to the Poke Mart in Cherrygrove City. Akashi just shook his head and proceeded to buy two more Antidotes and one more Poke ball. As he gave the cashier 400¥, Akashi asked if there wasn't anything else they could do.
"Well... There is the Ruins of Alph... But that isn't exactly entertaining in my opinion. If you still want to go, just go right as you exit here and follow the path. You'll see the entrance eventually."
Akashi thanked him and took his items. He stood by the door and waited for the others alongside Lucy.

Anya looked at the items she could buy. She decided it wouldn't hurt to grab some more potions and pokeballs.

(How many should I get? I should hold onto as much money as I can just in case . . .)

She decided to buy 3 pokeballs and 3 potions.

(I hope that'll be enough. The last thing I need is to run out of items, but I'll be grateful to have money later on, I'm sure.)

"Alright. I think I'm ready to go," Anya said as she paid for her items and approached Akashi and Lucy.

In Justice We Trust

"It sounds like we've got two options for places to train," Lucy said to Anya as the latter approached. "I'm still in favor of the Sprout Tower for now, if only because it's in the city." She turned her head to look to Akashi. "We can always visit the Ruins of Alph tomorrow, too."

"I'd also prefer the Sprout Tower. Just seems to have an air of history and mysticism around it, y'know?"

Basir reached down to his loyal companion Florence and patted him affectionately on his head.

Can't wait to introduce you to Mom and Dad...

"Sprout Tower sounds more interesting, anyway!" Anya chimed in. "Let's go!"

"Cynda!" Cyan agreed.

Akashi smiled at the interaction between Basir and Florence. It seemed Basir didn't want to purchase anything, so the group left and headed for Sprout Tower. Lucy, Anya and Basir were in front of Akashi talking excitedly about what the tower would seem like. They soon stopped at a small bridge when they noticed Akashi wasn't behind them. Before any of them could get upset, Akashi ran up to them with a slightly crestfallen yet also determined face. "Sorry, I just had to go look at the gym again." Akashi said apologetically.

"I don't blame you," Basir said to Akashi. "As you saw for yourself earlier, I myself wanted to just go ahead and challenge the gym already."

Basir then turned to Lucy and began to ask, "So, how is it going between you and your Pokemon? I guess I ask this since we're new to this and all."

Basir then lowered his voice so the others wouldn't hear, "To be honest, I am a little nervous around my Pokemon. It's just something so new to me and I'm just nervous of being overambitious and pushing my Pokemon too hard."

Last edited by FenFen on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

"I think I'm adjusting all right," Lucy replied. She looked down at Piplup and Rattata. "You'll let me know if I do something that you don't like, right?" she asked them. They both nodded.

"I want to challenge that gym as soon as I can as well, but I know I'm not strong enough yet," Anya said. "All looking at it will do for me at this point is stress me out. I'm sure I'll crush it when I'm done training at this tower, though."

"Cynda . . . ."

"Yes, I'm sure of that. Absolutely positive. Have a little faith, Cyan."
Page 8 of 9 [ 356 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay