Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:
Spoiler:
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
On closer inspection, it looks like his eye turns to stone...ThatoneJimmy wrote:Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:Spoiler:
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...
If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see
If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see
Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
...What do you mean?DefenceLawyer wrote:Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...
If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying. Unless of course, the character himself, first appearing in case 2, is a spoiler.
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Jimmy, seriously, confirm this for me...Is his eye turning to stone?ThatoneJimmy wrote:It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying.
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Well, the original intent was to look like Von Karma's thing, but now that you mention it, it does look like a stone, so sure.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
I'm guessing I'm not allowed to use more than one sprite in the competition, am I right?
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Even If I can't, Here's another sprite just for the fun of it That I would rather enter (made shorter):
Spoiler: Gymsock
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
...W-What...? Did Gumshoe just pass out?
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Yeah. Gumshoe says in one of the games that when phoenix points at him, he feels like he may have a heart attack.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
This is amazing! It's done really well! Nice job!ThatoneJimmy wrote:Even If I can't, Here's anther sprite just for the fun of it:Spoiler: Gymsock
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
This decision gets a thumbs up from me!!ThatoneJimmy wrote:I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
That sprite really is great
Other than that: great work!
Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
It gets a thumbs up from me, but as DefenceLawyer said, I saw the start, and it took nearly 5 minutes for it to loop
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
ok, I made the pause much, much shorter.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
That's much better, thanks.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
So, we have three entries so far. If anybody else wants to enter, they have one more week, and then I'll start calling for votes.
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Even if I'm a day late here it is, sorry if isn't animated.
EDIT:Ooops, fixed the link. 
Spoiler: The breakdown of the red flowers
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
I love it but... Did she just commit suicide? And flowers came out? I have SO many questions!
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
So, I did say the contest would end yesterday. However, I'm currently out of town, so I won't be able to put together a proper post until I get back. I'd say one or two more days. If anybody's still planning to enter, you have until then.
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Glad I decided to check this! Hesseldahl, that is really awesome.
You guys never fail to impress!
You guys never fail to impress!
Sig.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
VOTING IS GO!!!
Here are the entrants for this month. Unfortunately, I won't have enough free time to make some snazzy artwork for them. I'll give you two weeks for the voting (so until the beginning of November).
DefenceLawyer

Acro stands up
ThatOneJimmy

Gummy's heart attack
SuperAj3

Maggey's freakout over Gumshoe dying (presumably of a heart attack)
Hesseldahl
Red Flowers
Here are the entrants for this month. Unfortunately, I won't have enough free time to make some snazzy artwork for them. I'll give you two weeks for the voting (so until the beginning of November).
DefenceLawyer

Acro stands up
ThatOneJimmy

Gummy's heart attack
SuperAj3

Maggey's freakout over Gumshoe dying (presumably of a heart attack)
Hesseldahl
Red Flowers
Spoiler: space saver
Last edited by Ropfa on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Can we only vote for one?
I really want to vote on AJ's and Hessel's.
I really want to vote on AJ's and Hessel's.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
If it's 1 I'm voting for the Gumshoe one! (I see it's actually ThatOneJimmy's so):
ThatOneJimmy
ThatOneJimmy
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Actually, I changed my mind, I want to vote for all of them. XD
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
You know, I'm gonna say it's just one. If there were more, I'd go for two, but we only have four entries, and I don't want to make this more complex than it needs to be.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Okay, I'll vote for Hessel's.
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Hesseldahl's sprite is weird and wonderful, but I think I have to go with SuperAJ with this one.
(My two favourite sprite artists head to head! I had to go with one of them!)
(My two favourite sprite artists head to head! I had to go with one of them!)
Sig.
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
I'd probably go with SuperAJ3's for my vote.
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Turnabout Dave
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm
- Custom Title: This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!
- Location: Downtown Japanifornia
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
My vote goes to SuperAJ3's entry, partly because of how well made it is, and partly because it is the one I could most realistically see in an actual Ace Attorney game.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.


-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
It's not Stonequill anymore. 0/10.
Just kidding, I love all of them but y'know? I can only vote for one...
Just kidding, I love all of them but y'know? I can only vote for one...
-
Tilemahosbra
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
- Custom Title: *wonk*
- Location: I moved under your bed now
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Oh gee. Voting time?
Imma vote for Mister AJ.
Which reminds me.
Imma vote for Mister AJ.
Which reminds me.
GEE, THAT'S NOT CREEPY OR ANYTHING.Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Maybe I shouldn't have killed off gumshoe... 
Totally not a joke
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.ThatoneJimmy wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
-
ThatoneJimmy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
- Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
- Location: United States
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
I think it's a vampire, though I've never played Touhou, so I wouldn't know. Let's get back on topic though, shall we?Oliver wrote:Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.ThatoneJimmy wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote: Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
Here's My sprite thread: http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=31222





