Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:
Spoiler:
Image
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:
Spoiler:
Image
On closer inspection, it looks like his eye turns to stone... :beef:
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...

If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see :basil:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

DefenceLawyer wrote:Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...

If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see :basil:
...What do you mean?
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying. Unless of course, the character himself, first appearing in case 2, is a spoiler.
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying.
Jimmy, seriously, confirm this for me...Is his eye turning to stone?
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Well, the original intent was to look like Von Karma's thing, but now that you mention it, it does look like a stone, so sure.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I'm guessing I'm not allowed to use more than one sprite in the competition, am I right?
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Even If I can't, Here's another sprite just for the fun of it That I would rather enter (made shorter):
Spoiler: Gymsock
Image
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

...W-What...? Did Gumshoe just pass out?
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Yeah. Gumshoe says in one of the games that when phoenix points at him, he feels like he may have a heart attack.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by SuperAj3 »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:Even If I can't, Here's anther sprite just for the fun of it:
Spoiler: Gymsock
Image
This is amazing! It's done really well! Nice job! :basil:
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by DefenceLawyer »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
This decision gets a thumbs up from me!!

That sprite really is great :basil: I'd prefer the pause to be a lot less, like. It took me five minutes for it to loop haha

Other than that: great work!
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

How could you? Stone-EyeQuill is best.
It gets a thumbs up from me, but as DefenceLawyer said, I saw the start, and it took nearly 5 minutes for it to loop
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

ok, I made the pause much, much shorter.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

That's much better, thanks.
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Ropfa »

So, we have three entries so far. If anybody else wants to enter, they have one more week, and then I'll start calling for votes.
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Hesseldahl »

Even if I'm a day late here it is, sorry if isn't animated.
Spoiler: The breakdown of the red flowers
Image
EDIT:Ooops, fixed the link. :payne:
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by SuperAj3 »

Oh my wow! First off nice design!
2nd of all, WOAH! Very creative!
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

I love it but... Did she just commit suicide? And flowers came out? I have SO many questions!
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Ropfa »

So, I did say the contest would end yesterday. However, I'm currently out of town, so I won't be able to put together a proper post until I get back. I'd say one or two more days. If anybody's still planning to enter, you have until then.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Glad I decided to check this! Hesseldahl, that is really awesome.

You guys never fail to impress! :will:
Sig.
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Ropfa »

VOTING IS GO!!!

Here are the entrants for this month. Unfortunately, I won't have enough free time to make some snazzy artwork for them. I'll give you two weeks for the voting (so until the beginning of November).

DefenceLawyer
Image
Acro stands up

ThatOneJimmy
Image
Gummy's heart attack

SuperAj3
Image
Maggey's freakout over Gumshoe dying (presumably of a heart attack)

Hesseldahl
Red Flowers
Spoiler: space saver
Image
Last edited by Ropfa on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

Can we only vote for one?
I really want to vote on AJ's and Hessel's.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by SuperAj3 »

If it's 1 I'm voting for the Gumshoe one! (I see it's actually ThatOneJimmy's so):
ThatOneJimmy
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

Actually, I changed my mind, I want to vote for all of them. XD
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Ropfa »

You know, I'm gonna say it's just one. If there were more, I'd go for two, but we only have four entries, and I don't want to make this more complex than it needs to be.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

Okay, I'll vote for Hessel's.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Hesseldahl's sprite is weird and wonderful, but I think I have to go with SuperAJ with this one.

(My two favourite sprite artists head to head! I had to go with one of them!)
Sig.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I'd probably go with SuperAJ3's for my vote.
Turnabout Dave
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm
Custom Title: This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!
Location: Downtown Japanifornia

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Turnabout Dave »

My vote goes to SuperAJ3's entry, partly because of how well made it is, and partly because it is the one I could most realistically see in an actual Ace Attorney game.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much. :payne:
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much. :payne:
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Image
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

It's not Stonequill anymore. 0/10.
Just kidding, I love all of them but y'know? I can only vote for one...
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Tilemahosbra »

Oh gee. Voting time?

Imma vote for Mister AJ.

Which reminds me.
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much. :payne:
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Image
GEE, THAT'S NOT CREEPY OR ANYTHING.
yes
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Maybe I shouldn't have killed off gumshoe... :sadshoe:
Totally not a joke
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much. :payne:
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Image
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
Image
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by Oliver »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much. :payne:
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Image
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
Image
Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Oliver wrote:
ThatoneJimmy wrote:
Patchouli Knowledge wrote: Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪
Image
Spoiler: This Sprite speaks louder than words
Image
Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.
I think it's a vampire, though I've never played Touhou, so I wouldn't know. Let's get back on topic though, shall we?
Post Reply