Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 2[ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: A terrible thought just crossed my mind.Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
I know we are talking about Maya, but isn't she a little bit too... old for this?

One is never too old to pretend to be a pirate, especially if she's trying to cheer up Nick and show him that she's going to be okay.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Redd White X Redd White is my OTP

Phoenix is older than Maya and he dressed up like a Pirate too.

Great Revival

Dogtimus Prime wrote:
Phoenix is older than Maya and he dressed up like a Pirate too.

...When?
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I know we are talking about Maya, but isn't she a little bit too... old for this?

One is never too old to pretend to be a pirate, especially if she's trying to cheer up Nick and show him that she's going to be okay.

Exactly. If you're too old to be a pirate, you're too old to live.

He dressed up like pirates in the Dual Destinies DLC.

Great Revival

Dogtimus Prime wrote:
He dressed up like pirates in the Dual Destinies DLC.

That was just Athena singing the song and the animation was there because reasons. Him being in a pirate costume never really happened.

Yeah, that's true, but I'm 90% sure that in the Investigation Segments Nick's wearing a Pirate costume.

Great Revival

...N-No. He isn't...

Even if he isn't, then he's at least worn one behind closed doors.

Won't happen. Maya almost dying and being a defendant again is a very solid possibility (the idea pleases many fans), though, given how Capcom have problems with being original. But they would never, never, definitely never kill her. It would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. And they don't care about making an intense, tragic story. They care about money, and anything is fine, as long as it sells.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Oliver wrote:
...N-No. He isn't...

I'm not sure whether he was joking or not.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Great Revival

linkenski wrote:
Oliver wrote:
...N-No. He isn't...

I'm not sure whether he was joking or not.

Neither am I.

I think I'm more curious about that remaining 10% and what that part of him thought Nick really was wearing during the investigation segments.

Thinking about it, he really should have brought it with him to Kurain. In case Maya does get an eye bandage, she'd be in luck 'cause he'd have the full outfit for her.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Great Revival

I think I'm more curious about that remaining 10% and what that part of him thought Nick really was wearing during the investigation segments.

Thinking about it, he really should have brought it with him to Kurain. In case Maya does get an eye bandage, she'd be in luck 'cause he'd have the full outfit for her.

Arrr, Nick ye olde scallywag, thank ye! But why did ye have it prepared? Yarrr.

He took a page from Edgeworth's book and came prepared for once. You never know when a pirate costume will come in handy.

Great Revival

Yar, har, thank ye, little puppy.
How would ye like to be my right hand pup?

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Guys we have bigger worries...

WHAT IF THEY KILL OFF GUMSHOE, PAL?!?!
*insert weird signature here*

Great Revival

Fellowzdoomer wrote:

Inb4 he's already dead

Great Revival

Fellowzdoomer wrote:

Inb4 he's already dead

Have they ever killed off a returning character from a previous game? Even like the really minor ones? To kill Maya would be pretty gutsy, there's no way they would do that.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Having thought about it a bit, I think it would be overkill to kill of Maya in this game. Since she's likely returning, it would feel a bit like "What? you just got here!". Especially after PLvsAA and
Spoiler: VS Spoilers
that terrible part in which Maya "dies" and Phoenix's voice actor brings about as much emotion as someone who dropped an ice cream cone.
. GS7 or 8 on the other hand might be able to get away with it, especially if one of those is a close to a story arc

I think if they are going to kill off any main character, than Nick would be the one to kill off, but there's no way to do that because A) fans love him and wouldn't accept it and B) any non-nick game doesn't seem to get localized (which is why I disagree with those who want Apollo to take over completely, even though I'd love to see that).

So I don't think they'd do either. I was contemplating the Nick death based on Apollo's comment in the trailer, but after the recent Famitsu I think its safe to say he's talking about Nick being in Kurain while Apollo's in Japanifornia.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Cream147 wrote:
Have they ever killed off a returning character from a previous game? Even like the really minor ones? To kill Maya would be pretty gutsy, there's no way they would do that.

Well, there was Mia, but she was killed off before she became a returning character. Does that count?

Actually, that would be interesting. What if we do get to summon the spirit of someone we meet earlier in this game?

The only returning character, either main or minor, that I think has a remote chance of dying at some point (be it this game or any that comes after it) would be Thalassa. And it's still a pretty low chance.

I think if Yamazaki did end up killing a character, it would have to be one of his own. Unless he wants to embrace a shitstorm that'll last long after the series is over

I don't think we're going to be seeing any characters die, though. Even Thalassa

But that does make one wonder, how many *big* dead characters are there in this series? Godot isn't confirmed but is pretty likely. Other than that, I believe it's just Mia, Dahlia, Elise, and Von Karma. If you want to stretch it even further, you can throw in Gregory and maybe another GK2 character or two

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think if Yamazaki did end up killing a character, it would have to be one of his own. Unless he wants to embrace a shitstorm that'll last long after the series is over

I don't think we're going to be seeing any characters die, though. Even Thalassa

But that does make one wonder, how many *big* dead characters are there in this series? Godot isn't confirmed but is pretty likely. Other than that, I believe it's just Mia, Dahlia, Elise, and Von Karma. If you want to stretch it even further, you can throw in Gregory and maybe another GK2 character or two

Well, it's always been a little weird when it comes to convicted criminals. I just replayed the 3DS Trilogy and there are numerous references to capital punishment and the death penalty, but Frank Sahwit and Simon Blackquill are still alive. Then again, Dahlia Hawthorne spent 5 years on death row so maybe it just takes a while? I didn't really like that aspect of the franchise, if only because sometimes the murderers are not just totally evil and are more complex than that.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Well, it's always been a little weird when it comes to convicted criminals. I just replayed the 3DS Trilogy and there are numerous references to capital punishment and the death penalty, but Frank Sahwit and Simon Blackquill are still alive. Then again, Dahlia Hawthorne spent 5 years on death row so maybe it just takes a while? I didn't really like that aspect of the franchise, if only because sometimes the murderers are not just totally evil and are more complex than that.

In Sahwit's case, it was simply accidental manslaughter, so it's only expected he wouldn't get a death penalty for it. Besides, while in prison, he's working under rehab to return to being a "model citizen".

In Blackquill's case, though, he was on death row after 7 years of prison. His trial was rigged, of course, but his retrial was delayed until the day before his execution. Either Edgeworth was distracted by something or even he couldn't manage to... no, scratch that. If he could set up a fake retrial in a broken courtroom, where it'd be a potential DANGER HAZARD, he could set up a real retrial in a legitimate courtroom before the execution day was so close. He was definitely distracted by something...

Nevertheless in my opinion, when the game doesn't suggest a convict has earned the death penalty or is hinted to have passed on, it's just a prison sentence. There's always room for a former convict to return somehow, excluding final bosses because several obvious reasons. However, most of these convicts are pretty exclusive to the cases they premiered in, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to reappear, unless we hold another investigation in a prison... or, that a former convict had escaped and taken on another identity, and to conceal the police department's negligence, the public was not notified.

In that case, I would think moving Nick out of the country would be a better idea than coming up with another Imprisoned Turnabout. Also, just in case something does happen back home, that's where Apollo can come in, right?

Beware of the Dog

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I was contemplating the Nick death based on Apollo's comment in the trailer, but after the recent Famitsu I think its safe to say he's talking about Nick being in Kurain while Apollo's in Japanifornia.

But doesn't he say that while standing in a Kurain courtroom?

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I was contemplating the Nick death based on Apollo's comment in the trailer, but after the recent Famitsu I think its safe to say he's talking about Nick being in Kurain while Apollo's in Japanifornia.

But doesn't he say that while standing in a Kurain courtroom?

Maybe it's just because of my recent experience with Metal Gear Solid 5, but I'm not convinced anything we see in a trailer is 100% accurate to the entire truth of the scene. And as people brought up, Edgeworth was shown in DD clips as in an intact courtroom which didn't actually happen.

It would be cool if Apollo joined Phoenix at some point, but I think from what we've seen it makes sense that he is saying that in regards to them being in different countries. There's no guarantee that line is even in the actual game. But of course I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo joined Phoenix in Kurain at the end.

Beware of the Dog

Okay, but what's about that mysterious "Miss Butterfly" prosecutor we see at the end of the trailer? I think it's quite sure that she (or he) will be both the main prosecutor and "Kurainish", and Apollo clearly said "my opponent". I know that characters sometimes (well quite often, actually) talk nonsense more or less unrelated to the game, but isn't that part to important to mix it up like that? And I think they only cut Edgeworth out and put him into a normal courtroom because they wanted the destroyed courtroom to be their little secret until they released the game.

Okay, but what's about that mysterious "Miss Butterfly" prosecutor we see at the end of the trailer? I think it's quite sure that she (or he) will be both the main prosecutor and "Kurainish", and Apollo clearly said "my opponent". I know that characters sometimes (well quite often, actually) talk nonsense more or less unrelated to the game, but isn't that part to important to mix it up like that? And I think they only cut Edgeworth out and put him into a normal courtroom because they wanted the destroyed courtroom to be their little secret until they released the game.

Apollo's line is ambiguous enough that it could mean any opponent he faces. He could even have said it referring to someone completely different from the mysterious silhouette. It's possible that it is an actual line from the game, but it's also just as easily withdrawn from its supposedly determined context. Japanese works well with misplacing context all the time and is also why it works so well to dramatic or comedic effect. Not to mention, Apollo was shown in the trailer before it was revealed via Famitsu that he would be starring cases in Japan. It could have been a detail they weren't ready to show yet at the time.

Beware of the Dog

But if Apollo isn't facing Miss Butterfly, then who is it? If this line has got anything to do with what will happen in the game, then I can only think of one person who could cause that kind of reaction... Heh heh... Am I the only one who thinks a :franny: comeback would be just what the doctor prescribed? I really want to see what would happen if you put her in one room with Apollo. And I'm also wondering where DeKiller has been all the time...

Apollo vs Franziska? Huh, no wonder Nick fled to Kurain.

I'm not sure what you mean by "one person", since I haven't any idea who it could be. Klav? Naaah... is what I want to say, but he actually may get another chance to show if Ema's returning as detective. Blackquill could be returning for another game, though, as a guest prosecutor. Or maybe it IS Franziska, who's returned from a long trip abroad... only to find that Nick isn't here.

In any case, I don't see Edgeworth showing up for much, since he's kinda ascended the role of a normal prosecutor. And how embarrassing would it be for him to lose a case to Apollo, who's supposed to be Wright's protege? :p

Beware of the Dog

I'm not sure what you mean by "one person", since I haven't any idea who it could be. Klav?

No, was actually talking about my "big Sis", about Franny. I mean have you ever noticed that normally everyone (especially Nick) freaks out when she suddenly shows up? So I think it's quite possible that Apollo says "even if THAT person is my opponent" referring to her.

What if it's a brand new prosecutor.... who Phoenix loses to? (Though by the end everything would be sorted out)

I'm not sure what you mean by "one person", since I haven't any idea who it could be. Klav?

No, was actually talking about my "big Sis", about Franny. I mean have you ever noticed that normally everyone (especially Nick) freaks out when she suddenly shows up? So I think it's quite possible that Apollo says "even if THAT person is my opponent" referring to her.

In that case, I just hope she won't reappear just for the sake of fanservice (see Klavier and Edgeworth in GS5). She could have a very important role, since she works for Interpol and the cases in Japanifornia and Kurain have a connection, somehow.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Beware of the Dog

Well, to be serious, I just wish I could see her and Apollo fighting like cats and dogs. If this isn't going to happen, I will maybe try to write a fanfic about it, but it still wouldn't be the same. :whip:

Great Revival

Well, to be serious, I just wish I could see her and Apollo fighting like cats and dogs. If this isn't going to happen, I will maybe try to write a fanfic about it, but it still wouldn't be the same. :whip:

I don't think the dynamic between Apollo and Franzy would be any different to anyone else who's met her.

However, I'd like to see Franziska in Kurain and maybe the case can have something to do with Interpol.
And if I'm correct, it's stated Franziska isn't in Japanifornia much now that she works with Interpol.
Page 2 of 2 [ 76 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)