Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 28 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I didn't think they were making a big deal that the Great Sea was a flooded Hyrule, but more of the fact that the whole of Hyrule remained intact after the massive flood, especially the castle. When you hear of a big flood like that, you expect everything underneath to be washed away, but Hyrule wasn't.

Tetra as Zelda is obvious because she's the only blonde chick besides your sister. Sheik looks nothing like Tetra though.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I didn't think they were making a big deal that the Great Sea was a flooded Hyrule, but more of the fact that the whole of Hyrule remained intact after the massive flood, especially the castle. When you hear of a big flood like that, you expect everything underneath to be washed away, but Hyrule wasn't.

Tetra as Zelda is obvious because she's the only blonde chick besides your sister. Sheik looks nothing like Tetra though.

They kinda do. Remember Ganny's long speech while staring at a sleeping Zelda, like a damn creep. He gets large font when talking about how the Gods flooded Hyrule and YOUR GODS (HAVE) ABANDONED YOU. (Cause, you know, that really needed larger font)

Dark eyes, bandages on arms... it was just obvious. They probably tried to make Aryll come across as the bigger Zelda-potential, but the bigger emphasis is on Tetra, so you kinda notice it faster.

C-A

Oh, that? I felt that kind of dialogue was more for Link than the player. Wind Waker heavily implies that the story of Hyrule flooding and such happened so long ago, that by the time Wind Waker came around many centuries later, it's all nothing more than a myth and that the world has always been that way.

At least that's how it comes across to me. If you notice, aside from the deities and fairies, no one mentions the goddesses or the lore and such. Whereas, if you go and look at, say, Ocarina of Time, various NPCs and the likes will mention them like no tomorrow.

Though Link is a silent protagonist, I'm under the same gumption that he operates the same way the other NPCs do when it comes to the past. It's nothing more than a myth of a story. In fact, wearing the green has become the only mainstay tradition. The way I saw it, not only did the land physically separate itself from Hyrule, but the people's minds were also separated.

Ganondorf and the King serve as a link between this old world long gone and forgotten and this new one. I never thought this "plot twist" you mention was ever meant for the player. I think it was more meant for Link himself given the circumstances. Learning that these myths he had heard about actually happened, that the goddesses essentially flooded Hyrule and pretty much abandoned it, they were all things I feel were meant for Link to find out and not the player.

It just boils down to what's called storytelling though. It's done all the time where the player/reader are aware of things that the character may not be and I believe that's what Wind Waker is doing.

Granted, Zelda hasn't always had the best storytelling and I've probably read into this more than I should. I've never considered Wind Waker to really be one to get the player with these plot twists. I've always considered it more about Link and his journey of discovery and finding out that the legends are actually true is just part of that.

This is all just my speculated opinion though and I could just be full of baloney.

And about Sheik and Tetra, a couple of small things don't credit similarities to me. Ninja does not equal pirate for me. Those two things couldn't be further apart. I never thought Aryll was ever going to be Zelda, but I assumed Tetra more because I assumed at the time they were going in the same vein they did with Sheik.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
It just boils down to what's called storytelling though. It's done all the time where the player/reader are aware of things that the character may not be and I believe that's what Wind Waker is doing.

But it doesn't make sense to make that separation, considering that Link is so often called the player stand-in, that we aren't supposed to think of him as a separate character, but as practically us experiencing the story. (Which I personally never did - and they've messed that up for several games by now, with Link having his own personality and priorities)

Quote:
they were going in the same vein they did with Sheik.

That's what I mean. Her appearance leans onto Sheik, so you automatically make the connection - and then you realizes she's Zelda. Even without using the detour of going into her room on the ship and seeing some hints. Tetra is basically Sheik, minus the fact that she knows herself that she's Zelda first.

C-A

So it makes more sense to you that Link is some kind of omniscient entity that somehow knows all about events he wasn't there for?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
So it makes more sense to you that Link is some kind of omniscient entity that somehow knows all about events he wasn't there for?

Sure. *shrug* Better than hearing the contradiction of "Link is your avatar" and "Link is doing this, cause he, himself, thinks rescuing Zelda is top priority". Skyward was worst with that. Everything's focused on Zelda and I couldn't help but not give a damn. I didn't know Zelda, the little information I got was not enough to make me consider her a character I'd care about and repeatedly just telling me how important she supposedly is to me isn't helping.

It makes me want to date Peatrice the Item Check girl simply out of spite. (Also, I find her better than Zelda, but that's a different issue)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Sure. *shrug* Better than hearing the contradiction of "Link is your avatar" and "Link is doing this, cause he, himself, thinks rescuing Zelda is top priority". Skyward was worst with that. Everything's focused on Zelda and I couldn't help but not give a damn. I didn't know Zelda, the little information I got was not enough to make me consider her a character I'd care about and repeatedly just telling me how important she supposedly is to me isn't helping.

It makes me want to date Peatrice the Item Check girl simply out of spite. (Also, I find her better than Zelda, but that's a different issue)

C-A

Cat: When there's a critical weakness with your argument that just makes you look like an unreasonable sham, say "Sure" and shrug it off as if it's not a problem.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Great Revival

I've just started the games even Ganondorf wouldn't touch for my marathon... That's right, the CD-i games... Wish me luck, I really need it.

Oliver wrote:
I've just started the games even Ganondorf wouldn't touch for my marathon... That's right, the CD-i games... Wish me luck, I really need it.

What are these Cee Dee Eye games you talk about? Such things do not exist.

C-A

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Idea for new Zelda game. Link is God.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

It's not a contradiction, though. You're playing as Link, but you're not Link yourself. This means you're limited to what Link would and wouldn't do, and Link wouldn't blow off his childhood friend.

Think of it less as being able to do whatever you want and more along the lines of being the main character in a play that allows for a massive amount of ad-libbing; you can do as many mini-quests and give as many wise-ass responses to the NPCs as you want, but you still need to follow the script to a degree.

I'd personally be all for a game where you get to spend a good amount of time with Zelda before the adventure kicks off so you feel more invested in saving her, but like I said about Suikoden V previously, Konami tried that and a lot of people blasted it because they thought it was boring and wanted to hurry up and get to the part where you go around building your army. It's a balancing act to satisfy the most people possible.

Oliver wrote:

Wow, do you actually own those? Last I heard they were pretty pricey.

dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Spoiler: Skyward Sword
Might as well now that Zelda and Ganon are reincarnated gods. Finish off the trio.

Great Revival

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Wow, do you actually own those? Last I heard they were pretty pricey.

Unfortunately, yes, I do...

Quote:
I'd personally be all for a game where you get to spend a good amount of time with Zelda before the adventure kicks off so you feel more invested in saving her,

That's why, how about they make a game where you start off an Adventure with Zelda as a party member? And I don't mean a goddamn load, but as an actually helpful fighter of her own? You know, like Spirit Tracks, only better. She can still be obligatorily kidnapped and needs to be rescued*, but at least this way, she comes across as more than an importantly designed plot device.

* Of course, if they have her kidnapped and immediately turn into the poor widdle woman who 'Oooh, can't do anything on her own, oh, save me, save me~', it would contradict the awesomeness that she earlier displayed. (One reason that never made sense in Skyward for me - if Zelda is the reincarnation of a freaking goddess, why has she got no powers? And you can't tell me she hasn't got powers, because if she doesn't, there really is no point in freaking sealing herself away)

I guess, in order to counter the problem with the above, they could have her begin meeting you halfway in whatever dungeon you finally rescue her from. Or have an easy time, because she disabled traps or fought enemies, which you can just by-pass.

Quote:
Might as well now that Zelda and Ganon are reincarnated gods. Finish off the trio.

Far as I recall, Demmy was not a god. But then, I find Demmy to be horrible (worse than Ganondorf, if that makes sense), so... And I haven't played Skyward in a while. I don't even pay that much attention to what Demmy says. (You are a disappointing villain after Ghirahim, Demmy!)

C-A

I've felt worse.

dullahan1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Okami is now officially a Zelda game.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

So I'm sure most people have heard genderbent Link is an actual thing now

Also an update coming for Triforce Heroes at the beginning of December. Includes a new 30+ floor dungeon, the ability to buy Friendly Tokens from the merchant, a Linebeck suit that lets you see what's in the treasure chests at the end of a level, and more

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Rule 63 has existed for decades.

C-A

In an official Nintendo product?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Given the 'recent' trend of gender-switching your characters, even in 'official' stuff, it's still not special. Especially since that looks like Linkelle, who was planned for Hyrule Warriors and is apparently NOT Link-As-A-Chick but just someone like Link, but little sister-ish.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Given the 'recent' trend of gender-switching your characters, even in 'official' stuff, it's still not special. Especially since that looks like Linkelle, who was planned for Hyrule Warriors and is apparently NOT Link-As-A-Chick but just someone like Link, but little sister-ish.

C-A

Can you highlight this 'trend' for me please? Other than the Twilight book you've talked about recently I can't think of much else to really call it a 'trend'.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

I've seen people doing genderbends rather frequently on deviantArt, but I can't recall any cases of a game series creating an opposite-gender version of a major character.

Personally, I wouldn't mind there being a female Link in a future mainstream Zelda game. Did Nintendo ever say anything about the "spirit of the Hero" only manifesting itself in male Hylians?
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't mind there being a female Link in a future mainstream Zelda game. Did Nintendo ever say anything about the "spirit of the Hero" only manifesting itself in male Hylians?

Far as I know, they haven't. (Not that I'd give a crap if they did, especially if they uttered it in the same sentence as the word 'Timeline') But given how there are still idiots out there who think Link IS Zelda (because the title always refers to the protagonist, after all), I don't think it would be necessary.

I wouldn't mind a female Link, but I don't know what they could do to make me think it okay. If they make her weaker in certain things (like her arrows don't fly that far, and she needs upgrades on her items to magically enhance them), it will go with the stupid idea of "Women are inherently weaker than men", but if they make her more awesome, it will piss me off, too. And making her just Link as a chick, I will wonder why they even bother doing this, considering they play identically.

Yes, I am unpleasable about things, but at least I am aware of it.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Yes, I am unpleasable about things, but at least I am aware of it.

C-A

Awareness is the first step to recovery
Awareness of a problem with active refusal to do anything about it is worse than not knowing you have a problem at all.

Also again:

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Where is this? It's not really something I've heard of in videogames. Yeah on deviantart maybe but we are talking about "even in 'official' stuff".
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm with Pierre on this. Gender-swapping established characters in official media like video games hasn't really been THAT trendy if at all. In fact, the only, and I mean ONLY example I can think of prior to Link is Thor getting redone lately for female. Yeah, this stuff is abundant in fan media, but official, as far as I'm aware, this stuff is still VERY rare.

And if we're going in the context of video games, even more so. I'm not seeing it as a trend. Unless you have a ton of references to officially gender swapping established characters in popular media.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

geez and here I thought Cat was just trolling me

General Luigi wrote:

IIRC Nintendo used a similar excuse as to why they weren't letting you use a female character in Triforce Heroes

Pierre wrote:
Awareness is the first step to recovery
Awareness of a problem with active refusal to do anything about it is worse than not knowing you have a problem at all.

Admitting is the first step. Not being aware that you have one. Being aware is not the same admitting. Admitting includes the sense of wanting to change.

Quote:
IIRC Nintendo used a similar excuse as to why they weren't letting you use a female character in Triforce Heroes

Awwww! I thought they were merely appeasing the LGBT base by making Link cross-dress! :ron:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Where is this? It's not really something I've heard of in videogames. Yeah on deviantart maybe but we are talking about "even in 'official' stuff".

And again
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Well, as far as official Rule 63'd characters go, Hetalia has genderswapped versions of everyone.

Anyway, anyone heard about Twilight Princess HD coming out? Any thoughts?

Personally, since the Wii U has both the gamepad and the Wiimote, I'd like it if they were to include an option to use either version of the controls. Nice to see it getting an HD upgrade though. The Wii version still looks nice, but the visuals could stand to look less fuzzy.

Not a huge fan of Twilight Princess tbh. The HD version's graphics, so far to me, don't have that much of a difference as what Wind Waker had. To me, Wind Waker's HD just looked better too as I feel WW's original graphics have aged better than Twilight Princess's. I might buy the game some time down the road, but only knowing right now that it's just an HD upgrade and have no news on what, if any changes, have been made to the new Twilight Princess, I currently have no interest to want to get the game.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Much as I enjoyed TP, I don't really care about an HD Remake. I hated the Wii version's stupid waggle stuff and much prefer the Gamecube version. So unless this HD Remake has the option to play with controller only, I don't care. TP was good, but had its flaws. Making the graphics HD? Will not change a thing about those aspects.

Unless they do it like WW HD, changing a game aspect that was horrible. In which case, allow me to make a teleport to the damn sealed grounds the first time I go through that obnoxious lost forest. Or alter the collection of the sky letters. (The shootout will still be fun) And please remove Ilia entirely. Seriously, she serves no purpose. (WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, NINTENDO, GIVING ME THE HORSE CALL HOURS AFTER I NEVER NEEDED IT ANYMORE!? Thanks a lot, Ilia, now I hate you even more.)

C-A

1000% Knight

From another forum:
Bad Player wrote:
WW HD was one thing, but I find this one really stupid since you can already play Twilight Princess on the Wii U. I wish they'd spend less resources on remaking old Zelda games, and more on reducing the development cycle of the new ones.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
From another forum:
Bad Player wrote:
WW HD was one thing, but I find this one really stupid since you can already play Twilight Princess on the Wii U. I wish they'd spend less resources on remaking old Zelda games, and more on reducing the development cycle of the new ones.

Uh, Mr Poster, you do realize that they need to keep a (steady) money-flow in to keep the production of the new game flowing, right? :ron:

Besides, I am not saying I know how HD works all that much, but I do know that if you put a non-HD video/game into HD, it won't be 'proper' HD. Like, it won't look good, the way HD is supposed to.

C-A

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
From another forum:
Bad Player wrote:

Uh, Mr Poster, you do realize that they need to keep a (steady) money-flow in to keep the production of the new game flowing, right? :ron:

No, I really can't imagine a huge multi-billion international company like Nintendo has cash-flow issues with one of its biggest, most popular, and most profitable franchises.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Well, considering the only 3D Zelda games not to have graphically updated releases at this point are Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, it does make sense that they're making an HD re-release of Twilight Princess first, although I'd love for there to be a graphically updated re-release of Skyward Sword eventually. 480p really doesn't do either game justice. Heck, I'd go so far as to say, out of all the 3D Zelda games, the only one that's aged well from a visual standpoint is Wind Waker, yet it was the first to get an HD remake for some reason (though I do like that they fixed some of its more irritating aspects in the remake).

I just would like to know what the heck the NX is supposed to be, because I'd rather not buy a Wii U if the NX is a new backwards compatible platform, but on the other hand, I'm really tired of waiting to get the Wii U titles I'm interested in.

If they were to enhance port Skyward, I'd hope they alter a few things. Super minor things, some that don't even bother me, but like not getting retold what item I pick up when I reload the game. Also, tone down the ZOMG ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA YOU MUST SAVE ZELDA YOUR ~Childhood Friend~ and, if there IS supposed to be a romance plot, actually make it believeable.

C-A

Cat, you're basically asking for the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword games to just go and up and redo their plots. There's a difference between changing things from a gameplay perspective and changing a story and its characters. If you're doing the latter, may as well just make a new game because doing that is just going to destroy the story of that game, no matter how good or bad it is.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Cat, you're basically asking for the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword games to just go and up and redo their plots. There's a difference between changing things from a gameplay perspective and changing a story and its characters. If you're doing the latter, may as well just make a new game because doing that is just going to destroy the story of that game, no matter how good or bad it is.

I'm merely asking of Nintendo that, if they want to honestly convince me that romance is part of the plot, they go all out and make it properly believeable. And not to half-ass things and call it romance and expect players to gobble it up for They Are Nintendo and Their Word Is God.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Bad Player wrote:
From another forum:
Bad Player wrote:

If they wanted to remake a game, they could at least remake one that could actually benefit from a remake. *cough*spirittracks*cough*
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
If they wanted to remake a game, they could at least remake one that could actually benefit from a remake. *cough*spirittracks*cough*

*coughZeldaII* Or any of the 'really old' ones. I'm sure that, if they were enhanced with today's abilities, they'd be cool.

C-A

HYPE INTENSIFIES

now when can we unloose the groose

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
HYPE INTENSIFIES

now when can we unloose the groose

Oh, good. She'll fucking SING the enemies to sleep. :ron:
And her Special Attack is probably to turn into a seagull - Oops, spoilers!

C-A
Page 28 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station