Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 30 of 39[ 1554 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
A lot of people say that 'real' relationship are boring - first of all, real life can be fucking hilarious at times. For another, if people say real relationships are boring, what do they call the relationships in, say, Twilight? The vampire ones are fucking boring. Obnoxiously boring. What do Bella and Eddy do? Well, they fuck. Neither of them really has hobbies or plans, they don't go to college to really enjoy learning something, they just go there when they're bored and learn, like, photography, art or medicine, to give new information to Carlisle. They don't build things - heck, the only Twilight (Vampire) relationship that seems decent is the one between Emmet and Rosalie. And that's because they both share hobbies and interests, they talk and laugh with each other, they enjoy each other's company and work on cars together. (But Rosalie likes mechanics, so she's not a girl and we should hate her because she's blonde. Also, laughing and talking together instead of just staring at each other and wanking about your partern's beauty? Absolutely disgusting, that is not a true love)

This reminds me of something my Russian Literature professor said about Anna Karenina. He pointed out the difference between being someone's wife and being someone's mistress, saying that the mistress has no life outside of her "lover," that her very existence revolves around her "lover."
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
This reminds me of something my Russian Literature professor said about Anna Karenina. He pointed out the difference between being someone's wife and being someone's mistress, saying that the mistress has no life outside of her "lover," that her very existence revolves around her "lover."

Anna Karenina was a shit book. She commits suicide because blargh, she dared to sleep with a married man (the man can do that, but the woman! Oh! Indecent!) And then the author wrote another 'whole book' after the protagonist's death, just so he can talk about a spiritual enlightenment he had and wanted to share with(shove into) the world('s face).

C-A

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
Anna Karenina was a shit book. She commits suicide because blargh, she dared to sleep with a married man

Just throwing my two cents, but I think that's probably a really stupid reason for one to commit suicide. Either way, killing oneself is never the solution. She could've... Y'know, ran away. But this? I don't believe that she could be so stupid and coward. Even though to some people it might get considered "Honorable".

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

In Justice We Trust

Cat's oversimplifying, but yes, the book's ideas of what is right and proper in society were a product of their time; much of the world discourages such a double standard nowadays. Tolstoy had very specific views on what the ideal family should be like and was at times quite heavy-handed in preaching those views through his work. My take on Anna's behavior and eventual suicide was that she had devoted so much of her existence to Vronsky that when the relationship deteriorated, she had nothing left that she considered worth living for. In the later parts of the book before Anna's relationship ended, her life revolved solely around Vronsky. I might not agree with Tolstoy's implied views on what the ideal family and the ideal marriage should be, but I can at least agree with his apparent argument that a person's life should revolve around more than their lover/spouse.

General Luigi wrote:
Cat's oversimplifying, but yes, the book's ideas of what is right and proper in society were a product of their time; much of the world discourages such a double standard nowadays. Tolstoy had very specific views on what the ideal family should be like and was at times quite heavy-handed in preaching those views through his work. My take on Anna's behavior and eventual suicide was that she had devoted so much of her existence to Vronsky that when the relationship deteriorated, she had nothing left that she considered worth living for. In the later parts of the book before Anna's relationship ended, her life revolved solely around Vronsky. I might not agree with Tolstoy's implied views on what the ideal family and the ideal marriage should be, but I can at least agree with his apparent argument that a person's life should revolve around more than their lover/spouse.

If he honestly (or society) did not condone that type of extramarital affair, why write about it to begin with? I mean, you don't see me writing about cheating partners or torturing animals. I may write a little fluff or romance for a pair of character I don't ship, but only as long as I have a decent enough grasp on their personalities and how they'd act in a relationship. (Case in point, you will not see me writing... uh, Supernatural fanfiction that has Dean and Sam do things)

C-A

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

CatMuto wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

If he honestly (or society) did not condone that type of extramarital affair, why write about it to begin with? I mean, you don't see me writing about cheating partners or torturing animals. I may write a little fluff or romance for a pair of character I don't ship, but only as long as I have a decent enough grasp on their personalities and how they'd act in a relationship. (Case in point, you will not see me writing... uh, Supernatural fanfiction that has Dean and Sam do things)

C-A

A lot of classical literature is written to oppose the ideas of societal norms. "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen is a good example. This book involves the wife leaving the husband due to his somewhat oppressive nature. Society hated that at first because of that jaded view of women being subservient to man or some shit they had at that time period. There's others but I can't remember them at the moment.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Then what about nowadays? If you ask most people, they consider leaving an oppressive or abusive spouse. Yet, lots of people also think that you should stay with them - someone went to a publisher to get a book released; it told of the story of a woman and her journey to get away from her abusive husband. And the editors said the story was good, but could the woman GO BACK to her abusive husband? Cause, you know, that's the right thing to do - according to this society, after all.

We're regressing.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Then what about nowadays? If you ask most people, they consider leaving an oppressive or abusive spouse. Yet, lots of people also think that you should stay with them - someone went to a publisher to get a book released; it told of the story of a woman and her journey to get away from her abusive husband. And the editors said the story was good, but could the woman GO BACK to her abusive husband? Cause, you know, that's the right thing to do - according to this society, after all.

We're regressing.

C-A

I'd like a source for this information please. On all of it but particularly the part about where the editors said "its the right thing to do". Since motive is especially important here I'd like to know it with clarity as you are quite biased in this matter.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

We're regressing.

C-A

I'd like a source for this information please. On all of it but particularly the part about where the editors said "its the right thing to do". Since motive is especially important here I'd like to know it with clarity as you are quite biased in this matter.

I believe the person had mentioned that the editors wanted the woman to return to the abuser because that was 'in' right now and would hence sell. But seriously, there IS no proper justification to demand an abused person to return to their abuser. :ron:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

We're regressing.

C-A

I believe the person had mentioned that the editors wanted the woman to return to the abuser because that was 'in' right now and would hence sell. But seriously, there IS no proper justification to demand an abused person to return to their abuser. :ron:

C-A

A motive is nice, but again you are massively biased in this situation so I would like a source please.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
A motive is nice, but again you are massively biased in this situation so I would like a source please.

It was somebody's comment on one of the chapters for the 50 Shades spork. You want me to go through every chapter for each book's sporking again? :ron:

Again. I'm not making this up, this was said to someone trying to get their book published. Bottom line, there is no justification to going back to an abuser, nor should even a book imply such a message because there are idiots out there who take that fucking shit seriously.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It was somebody's comment on one of the chapters for the 50 Shades spork. You want me to go through every chapter for each book's sporking again? :ron:

Again. I'm not making this up, this was said to someone trying to get their book published. Bottom line, there is no justification to going back to an abuser, nor should even a book imply such a message because there are idiots out there who take that fucking shit seriously.

C-A

It's not necessarily that I think you are making this up...but as you are so heavily biased I believe you might see events a different way and twist words and opinions to suit your own view.

As such it's something I'd really like to see because it's hard to believe.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Would you like to travel back in time and meet the editor? Excuse me for not saving every damn piece of info I find on the net. Why would you even think I'm twisting words? I was referring to someone who had this experience - not flat out quoting, I admit, because I do not recall the exact words, but it was said the editor wanted THE WRITER TO CHANGE THE STORY, SO THAT THE ABUSED WOMAN, WHO MANAGED TO GET AWAY FROM HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND, TO GO BACK TO SAID HUSBAND.

What part of that would make you, in any way, think I would be so biased or heartless, that I would actually twist such words? Abuse is something I do not fucking joke about or exaggerate or twist around to make it seem worse. :dahlia:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Would you like to travel back in time and meet the editor? Excuse me for not saving every damn piece of info I find on the net. Why would you even think I'm twisting words? I was referring to someone who had this experience - not flat out quoting, I admit, because I do not recall the exact words, but it was said the editor wanted THE WRITER TO CHANGE THE STORY, SO THAT THE ABUSED WOMAN, WHO MANAGED TO GET AWAY FROM HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND, TO GO BACK TO SAID HUSBAND.

What part of that would make you, in any way, think I would be so biased or heartless, that I would actually twist such words? Abuse is something I do not fucking joke about or exaggerate or twist around to make it seem worse. :dahlia:

C-A

I'm sorry let me clear this water out of my ears. Apparently your message was not getting through clearly to me. :ron:

I get the context and content fine, I'm just a little sceptical that something like that would actually happen. Twisting words and mistellings of events happen all the time, it can be unintentional just based on how we view things. I know you tend to talk about this stuff all the time so I know you are biased, I did not say you are heartless or were joking.

I just think you sometimes see things through a "Fury-Red-tinted-lens" and would like to see things with my own eyes because I find your story hard to believe and definitely not evocative of the literary medium at large even if it were true.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

Since you didn't, I did. I found nothing but complaints about the absent-minded editors and how most of them were not professional editors and just friends of the author. I did find editor comments claiming that the book is nothing more than "smut for women."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Since you didn't, I did. I found nothing but complaints about the absent-minded editors and how most of them were not professional editors and just friends of the author. I did find editor comments claiming that the book is nothing more than "smut for women."

That's not what I was referring to. I think the comment I'm thinking of was put on one of the recently sporked chapters of 50 Shades Freed, but I'm not going through that now.

C-A

You know what really grinds my gears? Unnecessary sex scenes, in any medium.

For example, I'm currently reading Mr Mercedes, by Stephen King. I'm reading this book, because I want to know the story, I want to feel the suspense of the cat-and-mouse game between the titular killer, whose identity is known to the reader, and the retired Detective, who handled the case. Kind of like Light and L or most "Who dun it and will you catch him?" stories. I'm reading it for that, not to read about the Detective getting some nookie after a fit of passion!

One 'chapter' was the entire sex, it was only 2 1/3 pages long, so not sure if that can be called a chapter. And it could have been cut! The previous one already stopped at a point that could have been a nice "Leave the rest to your fantasy" cliffhanger. It implies that they will have sex, saying they won't have coffee and the report will not be done until much, much later. Done. Say that and proceed to the chapter after the sex - the sex chapter was pointless! The only way I can see this being important, is if it turns out that the woman gave the Detective an STD that ends up killing him, after the story. (Which I find unlikely, most STDs are not fatal and the ones that are, tend to be able to be medically cured by now)

What's the point of adding these sex scenes? There is none! It's superfluous! Pointless! Unnecessary! Unneeded! More synonyms, if I spelled that correctly! I don't want to read about people fucking, I don't want to SEE people fucking, I don't want to HEAR people fucking, if it's not 100% necessary, for the continuing plot.

Even then, what happened to the good ol' fashioned "Let the camera pan away, with heavy implications"? That's better. You know why? Cause it doesn't FORCE me to read/see/hear something that isn't necessary to know AND things can be left to my imagination. Majority of the times, the sex scenes are not that good, anyway, and my fantasy would have been better. Don't you know that one's fantasy can be the best turn-on, to begin with? Beacuse one knows their own, personal preferences enough to really make something 'good'.

If I want to read about people fucking, I read smut! If I want to see people fuck, I watch hentai. There is NO REASON for sex scenes to be added. I don't add sex scenes into every one of my one shots! Some of them are convoluted scenarios based around a dirty fantasy, but I can write the scenario just fine, without any sex - I don't even hint that sex might have originally played a part. If I write about sex, I make it blatantly obvious that this will contain a sex scene, and it's generally because the point OF that one shot, is to show the two characters having sex.

And don't tell me "Sex sells", because NOTHING on Mr Mercedes says "Detective Hodges get a little more from a suspect's sister than he anticipated (hurr hurr)" on it. Nothing indicates that sex is even part of this story.

C-A

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? Loudmouthed assholes who start arguments, treat their opponents like dirt, then act as though it was their logic, rather than their attitude, that drove their opponents away--though on occasion, I do come across an LA who drives opponents away with their logic, but only because the logic in question is so circular that it's pointless to argue with them. In my experience, these kinds of people are not actually interested in a proper discussion of the topic they're hurling insults over; rather, they are either in it for the schadenfreude of pissing off the person they're arguing with or they're in it to score points with any observers who agree with their position. I think what bugs me the most about these kinds of people, though, is what hypocrites they are. They often say their opponents are too stubborn or blind to listen, yet whenever an opponent raises a valid point, you can always expect it to be countered with an escape hatch rather than an admission that the point is valid.
What Really Grinds My Gears - Capcom & DGS BSTopic%20Title

The Trial to the Truth begins

I don't really know to be honest if it's appropriate to have it here. Mods, if you feel it isn't, you're welcome to delete this.

I made this video about a few days ago and it was part of a series where I wanted to express things that really grind my gears, hence the segments that Peter Griffin does on Family Guy.

In this case, it was over the mess that occurred with Capcom and Dai Gyakuten Saiban aka DGS. It was a mess because Capcom for some odd reason decided to take down videos relating to DGS. Heck, a YouTube channel got terminated because of it and personally I think it was just sad. It reminded me of the mess with SEGA and Shining Force. It's so similar that it gave SEGA a negative reputation. The same can be said here unfortunately.

I really don't know why they did it and I know that we may never see an export of this game but if a company decides to pull a stunt like this just because people wanted to express their interest in it, it's bad on their part and it makes the company look bad as a result.

Here's the video if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSS1WgjMpY

And for anyone wondering, yeah, I'm also known as MegamanNG on YouTube, the Ace Attorney guy. As much as I like being it, it's also a curse because that's all I'm ever good for. Personally I deserve better... both on YouTube and in life. Just saying.
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

CatMuto wrote:

For example, I'm currently reading Mr Mercedes, by Stephen King. I'm reading this book, because I want to know the story, I want to feel the suspense of the cat-and-mouse game between the titular killer, whose identity is known to the reader, and the retired Detective, who handled the case. Kind of like Light and L or most "Who dun it and will you catch him?" stories. I'm reading it for that, not to read about the Detective getting some nookie after a fit of passion!

One 'chapter' was the entire sex, it was only 2 1/3 pages long, so not sure if that can be called a chapter. And it could have been cut! The previous one already stopped at a point that could have been a nice "Leave the rest to your fantasy" cliffhanger. It implies that they will have sex, saying they won't have coffee and the report will not be done until much, much later. Done. Say that and proceed to the chapter after the sex - the sex chapter was pointless! The only way I can see this being important, is if it turns out that the woman gave the Detective an STD that ends up killing him, after the story. (Which I find unlikely, most STDs are not fatal and the ones that are, tend to be able to be medically cured by now)

What's the point of adding these sex scenes? There is none! It's superfluous! Pointless! Unnecessary! Unneeded! More synonyms, if I spelled that correctly! I don't want to read about people fucking, I don't want to SEE people fucking, I don't want to HEAR people fucking, if it's not 100% necessary, for the continuing plot.

Even then, what happened to the good ol' fashioned "Let the camera pan away, with heavy implications"? That's better. You know why? Cause it doesn't FORCE me to read/see/hear something that isn't necessary to know AND things can be left to my imagination. Majority of the times, the sex scenes are not that good, anyway, and my fantasy would have been better. Don't you know that one's fantasy can be the best turn-on, to begin with? Beacuse one knows their own, personal preferences enough to really make something 'good'.

C-A

Very much this. Subtlety is a very powerful tool. When the writer/director implies something like that's going to happen, as opposed to explicitly describing it, the viewers/readers will do the work for you, thus ensuring a complete lack of any awkwardness that could be brought about by bad acting, bad directing, or bad descriptive writing. Not only that, but it gives the audience some wiggle room for the scenario. People who ship the couple can think the pair had the most amazing moment of passionate lovemaking such as the human race has never known. People who hate the pairing can think it was so clumsy, awkward, and/or halfhearted, they wonder how the two ever fell for each other in the first place or if they even love each other at all. People who don't care much one way or the other can think, "Okay, they just had sex. Moving on." And people who prefer to be in denial about reproductive functions can ignore it entirely, with the implications sailing completely over their heads.

Heck, that's why Jaws was considered so scary. If you can't see the shark, you imagine it to be much more terrifying than the film could portray, but when the shark finally does show up, it's kind of a letdown because it looks fake.

On a similar note, it really bugs me when I see a couple in bed together in a movie, and they've clearly had sex, but for whatever reason, the female still feels the need to keep her chest covered by the sheet. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer she be covered rather than uncovered, but it's just so unrealistic. If she wasn't shy about showing her body to the guy just before they had sex, why is she so shy now? It's even worse when she needs to roll over or sit up or something, and she holds that sheet to her chest like her life depended on it. Case in point: in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (crappy movie, I know), Wolverine and his girlfriend are in bed together, and all of a sudden, he has a nightmare and starts lashing out unconsciously. To escape his claws, she jumps out of the bed, bedsheet in tow, just to make sure the viewer can't see more than they're supposed to, whereas if the cameraman wasn't there, she'd forget about the bedsheet entirely because Wolverine's the only one who'd be able to see her, and she's not afraid of him, just afraid of getting impaled by accident.

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears? Internet.

Like I said in my blog before, my internet service provider is as slow as shotacon yaoi anal fuck. I tried watching some good movies online. Yes, I know that it's illegal. But then, the fucking video buffers all the time, so I had to wait for the video to buffer. This is a suffering that's even worse than ads buffering before the video. YouTube can do better than the mp4 players around there. So why did they make the mp4 player slow? Because they're begging you to buy a premium service. Which is, just to fool the conscious shit out of you. Seriously, why is it necessary to make the internet slow? I've experienced faster internet at Tokyo and Hokkaido. It really blows my mind! And no, Google Fiber is unavailable in Rikapan. I've heard that Google Fiber has a fast internet speed. But that ISP is only available at select cities and countries.

What pisses me off is that some internet service providers forces you to buy some shit for you to buy more shit, which does nothing for the internet speed at all.

I DEMAND BULLSHIT!

Goddamnit, ISPs. Give us unlimited internet speed! I curse the greedy assholes behind these tomfooleries, I curse the greedy assholes behind these stupid hacks. I curse them all!

Fuck the slow-ass ISPs, and fuck the greedy bastards forcing us to buy shit just for the internet connection speed!
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

Alexander James

Quote:

You're probably reading the wrong stories. If you don't like these kind of stories, stick to Sherlock and Rachel Rushton: Ace Attorney. Unnecessary sex scenes are common, because they're added in the story to add some cinematic Hollywood feel into it. That's just how it works. But yes, I agree. Unnecessary sex scenes shouldn't be added to the story. This kind of unnecessary part is cringe-worthy and completely affects the aura of the story. This type of naughtiness of the authors are sure to be expected, especially if you're reading novels from American novelists and writers.

TheDoctor wrote:
On a similar note, it really bugs me when I see a couple in bed together in a movie, and they've clearly had sex, but for whatever reason, the female still feels the need to keep her chest covered by the sheet. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer she be covered rather than uncovered, but it's just so unrealistic. If she wasn't shy about showing her body to the guy just before they had sex, why is she so shy now?

Personally, I would go by the explanation (in my head) that maybe she's feeling cold. I tend to be cold easily, so the blanket is generally very high, sometimes up to my chin. And my feet are poking out, cause they are too warm. But we know that's only done for the sake of censorship. I dunno what's worse, the Modesty Bedsheet or the woman having her bra on.

Quote:
You're probably reading the wrong stories. If you don't like these kind of stories, stick to Sherlock and Rachel Rushton: Ace Attorney. Unnecessary sex scenes are common, because they're added in the story to add some cinematic Hollywood feel into it. That's just how it works. But yes, I agree. Unnecessary sex scenes shouldn't be added to the story. This kind of unnecessary part is cringe-worthy and completely affects the aura of the story. This type of naughtiness of the authors are sure to be expected, especially if you're reading novels from American novelists and writers.

Not necessarily. I've read King before and he didn't have sex scenes added. Implied, in Doctor Sleep, but not unnecessarily added. And I've read other American 'novelists' and 'writers' and they didn't feel the need to shove sex in. Also, I've read Sherlock - different time, back then, people just DIDN'T have open sex in books - and I can only take so much of it, before my eyes cross. I enjoy it, but I need to read it in sessions.

And I will NOT begin reading 'British' 'novelists' when those people include EL James. I'd rather go to FF Net and read badly written smut, than suffer through that pile of shit.

C-A

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:

If I want to read about people fucking, I read smut! If I want to see people fuck, I watch hentai. There is NO REASON for sex scenes to be added. I don't add sex scenes into every one of my one shots! Some of them are convoluted scenarios based around a dirty fantasy, but I can write the scenario just fine, without any sex - I don't even hint that sex might have originally played a part. If I write about sex, I make it blatantly obvious that this will contain a sex scene, and it's generally because the point OF that one shot, is to show the two characters having sex.

And don't tell me "Sex sells", because NOTHING on Mr Mercedes says "Detective Hodges get a little more from a suspect's sister than he anticipated (hurr hurr)" on it. Nothing indicates that sex is even part of this story.

C-A

I completely agree. I'll start watching a show because the plot intrigues me. I want to know what happens next, and in most American dramas sex is just thrown in too much and it's just in there for the sake of being there. I remember watching a show called "Transparent" about a man who transitions to being a woman after already being married and has adult children. The plot seemed interesting, and the first episode or 2 stuck to it, the other 10 episodes almost entirely ignored the plot and was all about the kids. And all they did was have sex and get in trouble. I don't know why I watched it all in the end, but the plot just ignored the main element and went straight to sex scenes. That I was annoyed with.

You know what really grinds my gears? That scene in 'romance' series. You know the one. Where the two are struggling on a bed or couch, one wanting to use some medical aid on someone (headbandage, magical healing powers, whatever) and the other saying that it's fine, they don't need it.

If you want to put that into your romance, DON'T. Especially not if it feels very out of character for either party to do. Not to mention, it could easily be seen as almost having rape-like undertones, what with one resisting the other and wanting to get away, clearly not feeling comfortable about this.

It's horrible if you pull this off, cause it's so cliché and dumb. And don't do it, when it's OoC to do. Do not have the stoic try to do this to an awkwardly shy person. It looks dumb, sounds stupid and isn't even funny or cute. Don't pull this off as comedy, it's not funny.

Seriously, I'd rather bust my brain again, wondering why people act like they are incapable of walking through rain without an umbrella, than see this shit again. (Yes, Xillia 2 had this occur and I hated it, it was dumb, pointless pandering and like Namco was trying to telling me, "Look! Look! Jude and Milla are TOTALLY in love with each other!" Excuse me, I do NOT think people are in love when they act like they want to get away from the other!)

C-A

Hates Teen Titan justice

YKWRGMG
people who take Warcraft way to seriously and complain about the groups dps not being perfect

I delt with that twice in a dungeon there complained about me only doing to moves in order to get an enemy down.

It's a game people not real life at least I'm doing somthing than watching everyone wipe. :tigre:

Spoiler:
off topic been busy with collage and taking care of goldfish :basil:

"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears? Hipster fans.

I'm sure you've seen these kinds of people. You'll probably see these dub twats in any comment section on any Smosh video.

"What the fuck happened to Smosh" "Smosh sucks now" "Their older videos are so much better"

This is getting really irritating. IMO, I like the new Smosh.

Nobody can agree what Hipster even means... :eh?:

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

AJtheprogrammer wrote:

I'm sure you've seen these kinds of people. You'll probably see these dub twats in any comment section on any Smosh video.

"What the fuck happened to Smosh" "Smosh sucks now" "Their older videos are so much better"

Eh, there's no satisfying some people. If the presentation doesn't change, then someone will just complain that the material has gotten stale. Taste is subjective. Enjoy what you want, and don't listen to the haters. They're everywhere.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Winter Flag Trademark

AJtheprogrammer wrote:

In this world, there is no such people who can please 100% people. At least some people will get annoyed, and will out-right object to their hearts content, despite some people liking it.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
In this world, there is no such people who can please 100% people. At least some people will get annoyed, and will out-right object to their hearts content, despite some people liking it.

Oh, there's a fable to go along with exactly what you're saying, the one with the man, the boy, and the donkey. No matter who rode the donkey, including everyone or no one, the pair always got criticized by onlookers, the message being you can't please everyone.

Alexander James

You know what really grinds my gears? Overdone copy-pasted ASCII crap.

You know what I'm talking about. If you don't, here.
Spoiler:
Don't click Read more
░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█You are a rebel, i like you

These kind of comments mostly appear on YouTube. But, in the name of the Moon, why is it necessary?

I DEMAND BULLSHIT

These things are more annoying than the YouTube users begging for subscribers. These things are worse than spam all over YouTube, in fact, this is a humorless try-hard junk that needs to be cleaned. YouTube needs to add some kind of a filter that blocks users from using certain characters used for ASCII art. We need it, like, right now. Yeah, look anywhere on YouTube, they're everywhere. They're a growing plague that will cover YouTube more than YouTube Poops did. This is a waste of human knowledge and understanding, this is the legitimate decisive proof for human stupidity and extinction of logic! What were they thinking when they started posting these cryptic, useless, worthless, effortless, nonsensical, idiotic, despicably stupid comments?

I know what they were thinking; they weren't thinking.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

AJtheprogrammer wrote:
These kind of comments mostly appear on YouTube.

There's your problem. That's why you don't read YouTube comments.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? The Catch-22 that is how most workplaces (at least where I'm from) treat illness. On the one hand, they usually have these pseudo-PSAs encouraging people to stay home if they're feeling ill lest they spread the disease. On the other hand, if you actually do as they say and take the day off when you fall ill, you look lazy. I can't help but think the majority of workplace epidemics happen because Patient Zero was too afraid of losing their job to stay home.

It really irks me when I'm watching a movie/tv series, playing a game, or reading a book, and I get really attached to the characters, only for the story to end on a sour note. Generally speaking, I'm not horribly picky when it comes to endings, as long as they're satisfactory, or make sense given everything that's happened up to that point; however, there are endings that make me feel like I just went through all that story for no reason, and I'd be happier if I had stopped just short of the ending.

Even when the ending is unsatisfactory, I can at least try to rewrite the ending in my mind to make it better, but I have to make sure my rewritten ending doesn't contradict the ending that was shown, otherwise, I have a hard time believing it myself. But there are some stories that end so unsatisfactorily, no amount of rewriting the ending in my head can fix it.

Sometimes, these endings are due to the author's stupidity. Other times, it's due to a creative decision by the author that technically makes sense, but leaves a bad taste in my mouth for one reason or another. Either way, it drives me nuts.

Gettin' Old!

The Last of Us was like that for me
Though hey I can appreciate that it was a bold choice.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

TheDoctor wrote:
however, there are endings that make me feel like I just went through all that story for no reason, and I'd be happier if I had stopped just short of the ending.

So, Shaggy Dog Stories.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I hate those kind of endings, too. I also hate when a work ends with a cliffhanger that implies there's going to be a sequel, and that sequel never gets made. If you're making a work that you know is successful or going to be successful, then it's fine to end with a cliffhanger since you know you're gonna be able to do it. If you're not absolutely sure the work is going to do well enough to warrant a sequel, DON'T MAKE THE ENDING A CLIFFHANGER! It just makes people who enjoyed the work frustrated that the story is never going to be resolved!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I hate those kind of endings, too. I also hate when a work ends with a cliffhanger that implies there's going to be a sequel, and that sequel never gets made. If you're making a work that you know is successful or going to be successful, then it's fine to end with a cliffhanger since you know you're gonna be able to do it. If you're not absolutely sure the work is going to do well enough to warrant a sequel, DON'T MAKE THE ENDING A CLIFFHANGER! It just makes people who enjoyed the work frustrated that the story is never going to be resolved!

Is what fanfiction is for, yes.

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatMuto wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
however, there are endings that make me feel like I just went through all that story for no reason, and I'd be happier if I had stopped just short of the ending.

So, Shaggy Dog Stories.

C-A

Yes, exactly. Thank you for summing that up.

I don't mind it so much in games where the story isn't the primary focus. For example, if it happened in any of the non-RPG Mario games, it wouldn't be so bad, because I don't play Mario games for the story. Likewise, games like Portal, where the story is mostly an excuse to solve puzzles and serves as a reason for GLaDOS to constantly harass you. The endings there aren't as important (as long as you don't die, since I'd be kind of ticked if that happened).

dimentiorules wrote:

I get the feeling you're referring to MegaMan Legends 2, which I'd "lol" about, but that cliffhanger bugged me too.
Page 30 of 39 [ 1554 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices