Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 7[ 264 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Re: AA6 blowout: Maya confirmed, trailer, 6/9 release, web dTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Lusankya wrote:
But the last time we saw her she was 19, so not a lot of changes were to be expected.
I am 31 and I know how me and my friends were when we were 16-19 and to be honest the changes aren't that big, at least when we're among ourselves. I expect Maya to be a little bit more serious when talking with strangers, but around Nick she should be more or less the same.

As long as they've made her somewhat distinguished from the trilogy in her character, making her a bit more mature or able to handle herself at least a bit more in some way, I'll probably adjust to this. I think it's good she has some of the same mannerisms and animations but IMO they should've tinkered more with it than to just remake all of them and replace one with Mia's, but if she has a major role in the game as opposed to Pearl in DD they'll probably justify however they use her in the story in the end :maya:

@CatMuto
Yeah, the part with the training is kinda hokey. On one hand it's charmingly Maya because she's a clumsy one and I could actually see her fumbling her training for a while but at the same time this is 8 years :/

It feels like you're visiting her right after the end of T&T like this.

EDIT: Nevermind it though. We know from her letter in DD she was still training, and it's only been 1 year approx. so it's not actually the biggest stretch, but I definitely assumed the training mentioned in her letter implied that if she ever returned it would've been at the point when she was done.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Racing through the sky like a Missile

nevertalk wrote:
Two questions.

One: Is Pearl only in those preorder bonus episodes or was she confirmed for the actual game?

Two: Any chance of seeing that anime snippet towards the end translated? The one with the cherry blossoms panning to Maya under the waterfall.

Pearl not yet confirmed for the actual game. Since it was only a sneak preview during the stream, I don't have it on hand right now, but from what I recall, Athena mentioned something about Maya being "about done" with her training. Nick seems to confirm it.

As for the web demo, beware of spoilers.
Spoiler:
The demo jumps right into the 1st case after a quick introduction of Bokuto. It seems he was arrested on charges of theft of a priceless treasure kept in the kingdom's central temple. It's so sacred that not even reporters were allowed inside, so all the pictures they have of the treasure box/case/thingamajig is in black and white.

Bokuto claims he never once stepped foot in that room, as per temple regulations, but Phoenix reveals that he's lying. He couldn't have known the color of the box based on the monochrome photos in the news article. The prosecution then calls in the medium princess herself.

In her testimony based on the last visions of the victim, she concludes that the defendant raised something to strike the victim, noting details like how the incident takes place after the ceremonial dance or that the victim would have died when he was struck.

Both of those details need to be overturned to continue. (Of note, after challenging Leifa on the time of the crime, she changes her testimony to include that the song playing then was in rehearsal.) In actuality, the victim was still alive after he was blinded for some reason, and then he was struck, so he couldn't have seen his killer. Aaand the demo ends there.

Spirit Vision is very briefly explained. It's basically like pointing out contradictions using a moving video. The video can be paused at any point and the hitodama/flames at the bottom mark particular segments of the video for easier navigation.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Bolt Storm wrote:
jaxc wrote:
Thanks everyone who covered the event and the news! Just one question though, has the prosecutor's gender been revealed yet (or even remotely hinted via the male/female text beeping sounds)?

He's male! It was made pretty clear during the stream.

L~A wrote:
I'm sure / hope Capcom will have a recording on YouTube at one point. Anyway, thanks for the big post. Can't wait for Famitsu next week.

Even if you weren't able to watch it live, you may be able to catch a VOD at the channel: https://amebafresh.tv/capcomchannel/6806

Oh, thanks a bunch. I thought they did have a recording of the stream on Ameba. I believe they showed some footage, didn't they? If yes, gonna try and record that.

well, I'd love to if it wasn't in eye cancer quality for me here : /
ImageImageImage

Zoinks

Apparently contrary to popular opinion, I love Maya's new look. = New best girl

It's hilarious that she's still studying though. At this point you'd think she was a medical student
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I finished with recording the demo for Ace Attorney 6, also decided to give credits to this site because ... well you guys are awesome.

Yellow Magician wrote:

It's hilarious that she's still studying though. At this point you'd think she was a medical student

Now that I think about it, it's kinda in-character. Compared to all the prodigies of Ace Attorney Maya should be ashamed. She's 27 and she's still not done with becoming what she's trained for but that doesn't make her seem less cheerful or optimistic. That's pretty much Maya in a nutshell.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
nevertalk wrote:
Two questions.

One: Is Pearl only in those preorder bonus episodes or was she confirmed for the actual game?

Two: Any chance of seeing that anime snippet towards the end translated? The one with the cherry blossoms panning to Maya under the waterfall.

Pearl not yet confirmed for the actual game. Since it was only a sneak preview during the stream, I don't have it on hand right now, but from what I recall, Athena mentioned something about Maya being "about done" with her training. Nick seems to confirm it.

As for the web demo, beware of spoilers.
Spoiler:
The demo jumps right into the 1st case after a quick introduction of Bokuto. It seems he was arrested on charges of theft of a priceless treasure kept in the kingdom's central temple. It's so sacred that not even reporters were allowed inside, so all the pictures they have of the treasure box/case/thingamajig is in black and white.

Bokuto claims he never once stepped foot in that room, as per temple regulations, but Phoenix reveals that he's lying. He couldn't have known the color of the box based on the monochrome photos in the news article. The prosecution then calls in the medium princess herself.

In her testimony based on the last visions of the victim, she concludes that the defendant raised something to strike the victim, noting details like how the incident takes place after the ceremonial dance or that the victim would have died when he was struck.

Both of those details need to be overturned to continue. (Of note, after challenging Leifa on the time of the crime, she changes her testimony to include that the song playing then was in rehearsal.) In actuality, the victim was still alive after he was blinded for some reason, and then he was struck, so he couldn't have seen his killer. Aaand the demo ends there.

Spirit Vision is very briefly explained. It's basically like pointing out contradictions using a moving video. The video can be paused at any point and the hitodama/flames at the bottom mark particular segments of the video for easier navigation.

Correction to my reply to nevertalk. whoknowscran was gracious enough to send me the snippet, so I have the translated script for you all here:
Spoiler:
Phoenix: *laughs* Well, how about we head back to the office and rest up?

Apollo: *chuckle*

Athena: Sure!

Whoa! It's in full bloom!

Ah...

Apollo: Oh...

Athena: Ah, thinking about it, it's about time, right?

Um, Ms. Fey's trip overseas should be over by now.

Phoenix: Yeah, it is.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

That one super-uncooperative witness

Do remember that Maya only took the Master position by pure virtue of birthright. With her mother gone most of her life and an aunt who clearly never wanted her to be Master, she's got a lot to live up to that she probably wasn't sufficiently prepared for. And even if Pearl happens to be a particular genius, Maya was still far behind a six-year-old in spiritual power, and even some dialogue in AA1 implies that she's got particularly low self-esteem about her abilities, which has to come from somewhere.

Besides, spiritual training isn't something that has a degree attached to it. We don't really know what it entails and for all we know it could be something that takes a lifetime. (I know the end of AA1 defined a "done with my training", but even 2 or 3 were far more vague about what it entailed.) I actually wonder if Maya being in another country explains why she was so busy that she couldn't even visit that often as per Dual Destinies and had to send a letter - it would certainly explain better than just "training a lot".

As for her having grown up, well, her body clearly has (in fact I don't know if it's my personal delusion, but somehow I feel like she's looking a little more like her sister). The only thing particularly throwing me off about her design is that her hair is exactly the same when even Pearl got a change, but given that I wasn't really fond of Pearl's new 'do, I can live with that.

She definitely acts a lot younger than someone about to hit 30, though. Then again, she was someone who always gave off the air of a 14-year-old even at the age of 19...so that's not really out of character, I suppose. I do think Hanamura (I assume it's her again?) is making her sound ever so slightly older, and if you were watching the stream they've modified at least one of her animations.

Watched a quick bit of the stream, there was a looot of gameplay footage indeed (they even showed the menu with the option to turn off hints, and anime cutscenes too it seems). Bah, I'll wait for a YouTube upload by Capcom.
ImageImageImage

Nerd Processor

I am so hyped right now.

Although one concern.... I know they are stated as not canon but these two pre-order bonus cases... I hope there will be some way to get them on the western release. As they've Edgeworth and Klavier in them that does make me wonder whether they won't be in the main game at all... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, it just makes me want the pre-order DLC more than usual.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Oh man what news to open my computer to. Maya being back plus a pre-order exclusive story featuring Edgeworth, I'm sold, this is getting my preorder ASAP, the hype is real!

Nerdowl wrote:
I am so hyped right now.

Although one concern.... I know they are stated as not canon but these two pre-order bonus cases... I hope there will be some way to get them on the western release. As they've Edgeworth and Klavier in them that does make me wonder whether they won't be in the main game at all... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, it just makes me want the pre-order DLC more than usual.

Well, as of now there is no reason for them not to localize the bonus episodes.

I wonder if there is a way to rip the music from the web demo

MH MD wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to rip the music from the web demo

Never mind, someone is already doing it, uploading the music from the demo to youtube , here is for all of you to enjoy! credits go to FinalClipX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aji8KapKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDrRZQ09BE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-1AfWOYuU

Gardevoir lover

Furio tigre Nick DLC? Count me in!

CatMuto wrote:
linkenski wrote:
I mean, we can probably justify it by looking at DBZ for comparison where Goku pretty much remains the same despite of his age but they at least accounted really well for his design-differences.

Not a good comparison, considering that Goku is an alien and Vegeta does reveal that Saiyans tend to age much slower than humans, in order to be able to fight longer. Also, that their hair doesn't change from the day they are born. With the exceptions of beards and moustaches. So... yeah. Goku has a reason for not looking different, despite a good 20 or 30 years passing over the course of the series.

But I absolutely agree, Maya has barely changed. Oh, wow. She now wears a very subtle color of lipstick. What a change. And can I just say that this white cloth over her old outfit looks like one of the laziest 'updated' costumes one can think of? I know, I know, Maya is iconic for people and so is her purple acolyte attire... but it's been almost 10 years! Phoenix updated his design somewhat. So did Edgeworth. Couldn't they at least make Maya's attire be the same color, but more... dignified? I mean, she is the Master of Kurain. Fan-made sprites made her attire better for an older Maya.

Which gets me to that. What do you mean 'continuing' her training? She finished her training during the story, from what I recall. She left at the end of the first game to finish up, Morgan said Maya would become the master at the age of 20 (at which point Misty would have been officially declared dead and Kurain cannot be without a master), so why is she still training?

I'm trying really hard to not be only negative about the news that Maya is back, but I can't help it. Her reveal is... it's such a letdown. Pearl being seen as grown up - that was cool. She was still reminiscent of the girl we once played alongside of, but she has aged and is becoming an adult. Maya here looks like she jumped out of AA3, with just some lipstick slapped onto her face.

Also, I really, REALLY hope they don't do the "Maya is suspected of murder" plot AGAIN for the sake of 'nostalgia'. It got really boring the second time it happened, it was annoying the third time because it prolonged an already annoyingly long, stretched out case and we don't need it again.

C-A

For once i completely agree with you. I don't understand how people got behind this.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

CatMuto wrote:
But I absolutely agree, Maya has barely changed.

Image Image Image

Yeah, it's like no change at all.

Gardevoir lover

Lusankya wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Image Image Image

Is it weird that i can't tell if your being sarcastic or not?

Quote:
so all the pictures they have of the treasure box/case/thingamajig is in black and white.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't black-white photos the standard for AA games?

Quote:
She's 27 and she's still not done with becoming what she's trained for

Because she decided to waste 3 years playing defense aide. :ron:

Quote:
Do remember that Maya only took the Master position by pure virtue of birthright.

Meaning, she would have been prepared for it for years prior to the beginning of the series. It's not like she's some long-lost, thought-to-be-dead princess of a country and was only recently discovered to be alive. And Morgan did her best in keeping her desire to get rid of Maya hidden, so she would have instructed Maya in everything that was necessary. Even if it was just to not raise suspicion.

As for having stuff to 'live up to'? Maya is the daughter of the woman who brought shame onto Kurain. That's not something to live up to, that's something people want to forget. They probably wouldn't care who became master, as long as that blot would disappear from their history. Honestly, I feel like there is no good reason why Maya would still be training. Unless they reveal that she is the Master and is actually busy training other mediums, then it would make sense.

Just comes across like they're trying to keep Maya in the form she was in AA3, so as to appeal to the old fans, who might not want to see Maya changed. After all, being Master of Kurain might lead to responsibility and duties that would require her to be away from crimescenes and investigations - and we can't have that, obviously. Must keep her duty-free, so that she can follow Phoenix around like a lapdog.

Quote:

Oh, wow. Her outfit is longer. What a change. Wait! Her eyecolor changed! ...why!?

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:

Oh, wow. Her outfit is longer. What a change. Wait! Her eyecolor changed! ...why!?

C-A

To be fair that's a recurring thing in the artwork for the series, they can't seem to decide the eye color for some characters.

CatMuto wrote:
Not a good comparison, considering that Goku is an alien and Vegeta does reveal that Saiyans tend to age much slower than humans, in order to be able to fight longer. Also, that their hair doesn't change from the day they are born. With the exceptions of beards and moustaches. So... yeah. Goku has a reason for not looking different, despite a good 20 or 30 years passing over the course of the series.

But I absolutely agree, Maya has barely changed. Oh, wow. She now wears a very subtle color of lipstick. What a change. And can I just say that this white cloth over her old outfit looks like one of the laziest 'updated' costumes one can think of? I know, I know, Maya is iconic for people and so is her purple acolyte attire... but it's been almost 10 years! Phoenix updated his design somewhat. So did Edgeworth. Couldn't they at least make Maya's attire be the same color, but more... dignified? I mean, she is the Master of Kurain. Fan-made sprites made her attire better for an older Maya.

Which gets me to that. What do you mean 'continuing' her training? She finished her training during the story, from what I recall. She left at the end of the first game to finish up, Morgan said Maya would become the master at the age of 20 (at which point Misty would have been officially declared dead and Kurain cannot be without a master), so why is she still training?

I'm trying really hard to not be only negative about the news that Maya is back, but I can't help it. Her reveal is... it's such a letdown. Pearl being seen as grown up - that was cool. She was still reminiscent of the girl we once played alongside of, but she has aged and is becoming an adult. Maya here looks like she jumped out of AA3, with just some lipstick slapped onto her face.

Also, I really, REALLY hope they don't do the "Maya is suspected of murder" plot AGAIN for the sake of 'nostalgia'. It got really boring the second time it happened, it was annoying the third time because it prolonged an already annoyingly long, stretched out case and we don't need it again.

C-A

My thoughts exactly. I'm really afraid of where this is going, since it seems the Kurain Kingdom and its namesake Village share some kind of connection.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong when I'll play the game, though.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apollon Flame

Maya has changed. Her face looks more mature, she seems to have a bigger bust and more curves now. In terms of personality? She seems to be the same, ol' Maya from GS1-3. Like I said, seems. We only saw, like what? A minute, almost two of Maya Fey? Maybe she's being all goofy with Nick because, well, it's Nick, the friend she hand't seen since eight years ago. Maybe, as we get to see her interact with people besides Nick, she might be less of a goof, and more of a dignified master-to-be trainee.

And about her still in training - I think it's mentioned in GS3 that she was still "traumatized" with the incident of Dr. Grey. And like other members have stated, Maya displayed low self esteem at times. Perhaps she is spiritually ready to become the Master, but isn't ready to wear the title because of all the expectations that will fall on her shoulders. Her mother brought shame to the title of Master and her aunt envied her. She has a lot of reasons for not to become the Master, but she has to. It's a responsibility she inherited because her mother disappeared, and her older sister passed away.

But if Maya goes through any character development in this game, then it's possible it will most likely have to do with getting the title of Master of the Kurain Spirit Channeling Technique. Leifa called her foolish, so perhaps Maya and Leifa will clash in times and these arguments with one another will have Maya view her position in different perspectives and produce character development.

As to the other stuff presented: I'm happy that Edgeworth is getting some love through DLC, even though it's non-canon, but I wanted me some Apollo-Klavier confrontations in the main story. :[ That is, assuming Klavier isn't left-out of the main story, but it would be kinda wrong to leave Simon Blackquill out after GS5. Maybe he can be the prosecutor for the last case? Or he'll be Phoenix's rival prosecutor? That is, assuming that, since the new prosecutor is an international prosecutor, maybe he'll travel between KoK and Japanifornia to confront both Apollo and Phoenix?

I dunno, but it's good that we finally got a release date and, hopefully, we'll get the game earlier than we did with GS5. :]

Quote:
"My thoughts exactly. I'm really afraid of where this is going, since it seems the Kurain Kingdom and his namesake Village share some kind of connection. "

Apparently they do. It seems the Kurain Village in Japanifornia was born from KoK.
A King

in name

alone...

I just think even if it happens that Maya will be in trouble, keep an open mind about how this one might handle that scenario differently. My worst case scenario is if she gets attacked and then reappears wrapped in bandages or something so you get a changed Maya who ends up where she was before after the end of it. I would like a Maya is in trouble scenario again if it meant she actually gets to develop in some way. The reason why Maya is in trouble worked the first time in 1-2 was because it was a way to show Maya in a pinch and let her open up to someone who would protect her, AKA Nick and thus letting you know what she's really like on the inside.

Maybe something has happened to her that even Nick wasn't aware of in the meantime and her being caught up in a mess makes her confess about things that are on her mind. I doubt it though because a typical scenario in these newer games just involve some complex crime and then the big resolution to that mystery is finding out what happened and arresting some evil jerk who set it in motion but not much else.

Last edited by linkenski on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

@Scent: Exactly. What you said, actually.

Lusankya wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Spoiler: Maya
Image Image Image

Sarcasm or not aside, I honestly can't think how drastic of a change Maya's design should undergo. It's not like there's much to pick from in Japan-Kurain's limited wardrobe.

Comparing AA6 Maya with wonderfulworldofmoi's version... I think they're not far off actually. And both are really good.

Anyway idk since I'm not in the design industry hahah. Maya's back, and I'm happy. That's all.

http://wonderfulworldofmoi.tumblr.com/p ... tuff-about

Spoiler: Maya

Last edited by cyanoscarlet on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's hard to tell the change for real when Maya is drawn by 3 different artists in that comparison. She looks older in AA6 but not much and people make a fuss about her lipstick when she always had that detail, only that it's more accentuated (which is probably more just the change of art-designers) but the only real change to her design... her >>DESIGN<<, is that she has an extra piece of cloth over her usual Hakama. Hell, she even appears 1:1 like her original sprite but as a 3D model in the DLC screenshots.

Sure there is a change, but it's not enough of a change for me. After having pondered her potential return with users various times and seeing fan-made mockups of what she could've been like this is a serious let-down and strikes me as a really safe design-choice that shouldn't have been. I'm sort of hypocritical here because I said I wanted more Edgey and more Klavier as well and we're getting that (albeit non-canon) but it's been 8 years in-canon since we saw Maya and she looks like she just left for her training after T&T. It's not good enough for me, at least not as an initial impression. :/

Apollon Flame

I think Capcom was being conservative here and didn't want to change her too much, but still wanted to present her in a different way. Granted, they did, like you said, changed her, but not too much.
A King

in name

alone...

Hmmm, on second thought, Maya with her hair up would also look great!

This one from C-R user Puchi is really good, too. It makes her look older, and I think it would look great with Maya's current outfit.

http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 12&t=20289

Apollon Flame

cyanoscarlet wrote:

This one from C-R user Puchi is really good, too. It makes her look older, and I think it would look great with Maya's current outfit.

She looks exactly like her mother. With same hair style and dignified look.
A King

in name

alone...

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Yellow Magician wrote:

Doesn't seem to be contrary at all, I see quite a lot of people liking Maya's new look (which includes me!).
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I've felt worse.

I'd say the hype didn't live up, but when you create hype for somethig that's specifically made to create hype, you kind of expect that.

Though Maya was 19 when we last saw her, right? Nine years in an anime-esque artstyle isn't going to have that muh of a visual change.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Scent wrote:
cyanoscarlet wrote:

She looks exactly like her mother. With same hair style and dignified look.

Lol yeah, she is her mom's daughter. :D And she's already the master, so that look is a plus.

I now kinda want a mix of this look and Maya's youthfulness from the official art, hee! I'm so excited!

I do like Maya's current look, don't get me wrong. It's just that discussing it here opened me to new ideas. I wouldn't have found that fanart if I didn't come here and talk, so thanks everyone! :)

Well it's always good some harsh debate can get something positive out of it.

But yeah, I guess, at this point the disappointment has settled and turned into acceptance for me, and it is what it is; what does the game offer that makes up for it? Proabably a nice character arc for her, perhaps some good bonding moments with Nick where we get to really get a sense of what has happened since T&T aside from the superficial regards in her letter.

Apollon Flame

Now the question is: will she become Master during GS6? There's a reason why they presented the Kingdom of Kurain into all of this. Perhaps all the trust entrusted into the Medium Vision will work as a means to develop her character.
A King

in name

alone...

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:

But yeah, I guess, at this point the disappointment has settled and turned into acceptance for me, and it is what it is; what does the game offer that makes up for it? Proabably a nice character arc for her, perhaps some good bonding moments with Nick where we get to really get a sense of what has happened since T&T aside from the superficial regards in her letter.

I don't think Yamazaki is capable of providing something like that honestly.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I don't think Yamazaki is capable of providing something like that honestly.

Bear in mind that the last 3-4 chapters of PLvPWAA were scenarios written not by Takumi but an external writer and that Yamazaki's titles are just Yamazaki directing the direction and overarching plot while he uses 2-3 external writers to pen out the dialogue and have each their own scenarios they come up with per case. Most likely it won't even be Yamazaki who writes Maya in the game. He may decide her arc in broad strokes but not necessarily write her.

It's speculation but basically Yamazaki traditionally writes less than we tend to think in these games. I don't think he had much to do with 5-2 or 5-3 for example.

@Now, Maya becoming Master as part of the ending would be sweet, wouldn't it? I hope they can pull something like that off. After all, climax aside DD had a pretty nice ending too with a wrap and bow. Now that I think of it, every single Ace Attorney ever aside from AJ and PLvPWAA had fantastic endings. I heard some negative opinions regarding DGS not having a proper conclusion. It seems to be Takumi's biggest weakness since he finished T&T and Ghost Trick for some reason and that sucks because everything else he does so well.

Apollon Flame

It would be interesting to see Maya becoming a Master and saying good bye to Nick again in the train station like she did in the ending of GS1 because she has to return to her village in order to formally begin her duties as official Master of the Japanifornia Kurain Village.
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

C'mon Maya, Nicks lost and regained his profession in the time it took between this game.

You mean to tell me you still haven't finished your training?

I'd quite liked to have seen a more mature Maya but it looks like she can fake maturity well enough when she has to so I guess its alright. Nice to have her back. Wanna hear more of that turnabout sisters track.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
C'mon Maya, Nicks lost and regained his profession in the time it took between this game.

You mean to tell me you still haven't finished your training?

I'd quite liked to have seen a more mature Maya but it looks like she can fake maturity well enough when she has to so I guess its alright. Nice to have her back. Wanna hear more of that turnabout sisters track.

Maybe she wasn't turned Master outside of gameplay so that we and the characters can witness her becoming one?
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
I think it's mentioned in GS3 that she was still "traumatized" with the incident of Dr. Grey.

...that's stupid. Since that wasn't her fault at all.

Quote:
Now the question is: will she become Master during GS6?

She IS the Master. Specifically, she should already be the Master. If she isn't, after 8 years of being gone to work on getting there, I'd ask why she hasn't given the title to Pearl yet.

Quote:
Maybe she wasn't turned Master outside of gameplay so that we and the characters can witness her becoming one?

Given that the only thing we know about 'needing' to be Master is wearing that dang thing Misty wore around her neck in 3-5, how could there be a change? There was never any mention of an ascention, ritual, ceremony or anything. It always came across like being the Master is just a title. If they want to expand on the Kingdom of Kurain, that's fine. But kindly stay away from Fey clan stuff, I think I've had enough of that in the first 3 games.

C-A

So I guess this explains where Maya was while Nick was disbarred, if she's been in Kurain all this time.

Also, it's just me or does she looks kinda like Mia now? I sure see some changes from her old version. Subtle changes, but changes.

I knew that prosecutor was a dude.

Apollon Flame

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:
I think it's mentioned in GS3 that she was still "traumatized" with the incident of Dr. Grey.

...that's stupid. Since that wasn't her fault at all.

Yeah. But she's the face of the Kurain Spirit Channeling Technique. That happened under her supervision. She faults herself because she didn't have the power to stop that from happening. Again, it wasn't her fault, but it still happened and she feels back for it. The Kurain name was also struck to the ground once more because of that incident.

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:
Now the question is: will she become Master during GS6?

She IS the Master. Specifically, she should already be the Master. If she isn't, after 8 years of being gone to work on getting there, I'd ask why she hasn't given the title to Pearl yet.

Nope. She isn't. It's explicitedly states: she's still in training. As to why Maya still isn't a Master, that should be touched in the game. And Pearls isn't a Master because she can't. She is part of the Fey Branch Family. The Branch Family can only become the Main Family if something happens to the Main Fey.

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:
Quote:

Given that the only thing we know about 'needing' to be Master is wearing that dang thing Misty wore around her neck in 3-5, how could there be a change? There was never any mention of an ascention, ritual, ceremony or anything. It always came across like being the Master is just a title. If they want to expand on the Kingdom of Kurain, that's fine. But kindly stay away from Fey clan stuff, I think I've had enough of that in the first 3 games.

C-A

I think the idea of introducing the Kingdom of Kurain isn't to bring back the Fey Clan feud, but rather have Maya grow her character clashing with Leifa's characters. I presume that Maya and Leifa will have a lot of clashing concerning as to how the spirit channeling should be used. We have one side that may be against utilizing the Kurain powers to have the death decide the fate of the living because they can make erroneous judgement (Maya), and we have one side that wholeheartedly trusts the word of the dead (Leifa).

I think the only family feud GS6 will be focusing is on the Gramaryes.

Quote:
Also, it's just me or does she looks kinda like Mia now? I sure see some changes from her old version. Subtle changes, but changes.

I can't see the resemblance with Mia. Maya's bust has grown and her curves are noticeable now, but besides that? Not much. She's less tomboyish now.

Also: does anyone think Mia might make a brief appearance?
A King

in name

alone...
Page 2 of 7 [ 264 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes