Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 8[ 298 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Re: Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/Vita, summer 2016)Topic%20Title

Blah!

grim_tales wrote:
That does look very interesting and I hope the game gets funded.
Wouldnt the "manipulating trust" thing only really work for the 1st playthrough? Are there different endings?

The trust manipulation thing is more or less just a less direct way to make decisions in the story, compared to a list of choices. And yes, there are many different endings.

There is a gameplay video that shows the number of endings between the two stories at around 0:31 (looks like over 20). There's also a tutorial of the trust manipulation thing (Senses Sympathy System) at 19:20; I found it a lot easier to understand it in action rather than via description.

Oh, glad know that game was being localized. I heard about it when looking for games similar to ZE/Infinity series, but then I found there was no English translation available and had forgotten about it. Looks interesting, it'll be nice to see another story of that kind before ZE3.
Signature loading, please wait...

Blah!

We got another image, this time of Participant 7: https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_/status ... 12/photo/1

There are a bunch of people in the replies who seem to think this looks like Akane, but I don't see it. Same goes for Diane, who should look like Luna.

(also, Root Double is very close to funding now with a bit under 48 hours to go, so it seems to be a success, despite a rocky start)

I like to think I'm a scientist

blahmoomoo wrote:
We got another image, this time of Participant 7: https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_/status ... 12/photo/1

There are a bunch of people in the replies who seem to think this looks like Akane, but I don't see it. Same goes for Diane, who should look like Luna.

(also, Root Double is very close to funding now with a bit under 48 hours to go, so it seems to be a success, despite a rocky start)

I dunno, I do think this one is actually Diana. She seems to have the same clothes and hair as the woman in the first promo art, who everyone right now believes is Diana... though Participant 7, very significantly, doesn't seem to have any necklace. Interesting.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

Chronically Unstable

And here's the revealed picture of Participant 1:
Spoiler: hawt

Possibly Left/his clone?

SPInc wrote:
Possibly Left/his clone?

That was my thought too... he seems to have similar face shape and features to Dio. And we were already pretty sure that there was going to be a Left clone at the test site.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

Blah!

According to Uchikoshi, we can expect a big announcement somewhere in San Francisco around the time of GDC (March 14-18, though not actually at GDC).

Press may also have the chance to play a demo at this event.

PHIIIIIIIIIIII
MY QUEEN IS HERE
Spoiler:

Pretty... :iris:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Phi is looking good. I actually was thrown off for a sec by her hair, since I'm so used to seeing it with the black flower.

But yes, sounds like more info will be coming next month alongside GDC. Looking forward to the lid coming off the game at last...!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

OBJECTION!

Phi looks great :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Phi looks way better with glasses on!

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

OBJECTION!

Slammer wrote:
Phi looks way better with glasses on!

Stupid sexy Phi

Blah!

There is going to be a real life escape game based on Zero Escape in LA in April. Looks cool for anyone who might be in the area.

1000% Knight

huh

the most interesting part of that to me is the fact that this seems to be an English-language original. can't seem to find any trace of it in Japanese

it's done by Scrap, which is the Japanese escape-the-room game company. they do a ton of different rooms, some of which are "generic," but a good number of which are cross-overs with popular anime/video games. only a couple of their "generic" rooms make it over to English, and even fewer of their cross-over rooms, so... I'm actually pretty surprised they seem to have an English-original cross-over room.

(ofc, ZE is supposed to be a lot more popular in the West than in Japan, isn't it?)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

I remember playing a makeshift Zero Escape Experience done for an anime convention in Glasgow a few years back. It was actually kind of awesome, but a few puzzles were ripped from the games so could be quite a trial of memory.

Hope to see some youtube footage of whatever that event is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh, that sounds really cool! Which I could be there to participate...but at least it's closer than Japan, and in a language I can understand (not like that means anything since I definitely will not be there by that time). Still, it is surprising to see this series getting a English-exclusive event like that. I know the series is more popular in the west, but how come something like this is announced in English while ZE 3 has, as far as I'm aware, not even been officially announced in Japan?
Signature loading, please wait...

Blah!

cesar26100 wrote:
Oh, that sounds really cool! Which I could be there to participate...but at least it's closer than Japan, and in a language I can understand (not like that means anything since I definitely will not be there by that time). Still, it is surprising to see this series getting a English-exclusive event like that. I know the series is more popular in the west, but how come something like this is announced in English while ZE 3 has, as far as I'm aware, not even been officially announced in Japan?

It's been established in several places that ZE 3 wouldn't exist if it weren't for overseas fans, so while this is unorthodox, it isn't too surprising that they haven't done any marketing in Japan yet.

Maybe they will finally do something after the ZE announcement event around GDC time, which is a month before the escape room goes live.

1000% Knight

Pierre wrote:
Hope to see some youtube footage of whatever that event is.

I doubt you'll get it.

It's considered pretty bad form to post anything too detailed online about these things, since if people know what's inside it defeats the whole point :kristoph:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
huh

the most interesting part of that to me is the fact that this seems to be an English-language original. can't seem to find any trace of it in Japanese

it's done by Scrap, which is the Japanese escape-the-room game company. they do a ton of different rooms, some of which are "generic," but a good number of which are cross-overs with popular anime/video games. only a couple of their "generic" rooms make it over to English, and even fewer of their cross-over rooms, so... I'm actually pretty surprised they seem to have an English-original cross-over room.

(ofc, ZE is supposed to be a lot more popular in the West than in Japan, isn't it?)

Yes it is.

Also, I had no idea SCRAP had an English branch! Maybe in a different timeline they'd be bringing over their DGS escape rooms to promote its English release...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Less than Zero

Junpei sure looks HOT
Spoiler: HOT

Now I understand why Akane still wants to be with him, hoho

Chronically Unstable

Daaayum, Junpei, you sexy beast you.

Seriously, how come every participant is so hot? Given how they're going for a more realistic style, you'd think there'd be plenty of average-looking people. Not that I'm complaining all that much, just seems a little iffy.

OBJECTION!

We're still missing Miss Boob Lady, so thats more hotness to come.

And in an effort to maintain series tradition, Uchikoshi has given us our big boob character

https://twitter.com/_crash_keys_/status ... 58080?s=09

Lol, speaking of the devil.

So only 4 left? Maybe it's Clover yet again XD.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Full cast revealed.

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:
That's Akane? Could have fooled me. This new art style thing can be quite confusing.

And after K comes Q. Guess the masked guy is also a series tradition now. With that name you'd think it's Quark, but I'm going to bet on Kyle instead.

1000% Knight

Less excited about the cast and more about the confirmed Japan-ness~

Spoiler: Cast
I imagine the order the list is supposed to be in is Akane, Carlos, Junpei, Eric, Q, Mila, Phi, Diana, Sigma, [?].

Not entirely sure how I feel, since if the names are any indication, we already know who basically half the cast is already. (Not sure if we want to count Diana in there.) I trust that Uchikoshi will be able to work... I'm just a little wary of it.

I also have no idea what both Akane and Junpei are doing here. I mean, the 999 Q&A said that Junpei spent the rest of his life searching for, but never finding, Akane, didn't it? Then that got changed, and instead he found her many, many years later during VLR... so what are they doing together in the Mars simulation now? xD

Bad Player wrote:
Less excited about the cast and more about the confirmed Japan-ness~

I imagine the order the list is supposed to be in is Akane, Carlos, Junpei, Eric, Q, Mila, Phi, Diana, Sigma, [?].

Not entirely sure how I feel, since if the names are any indication, we already know who basically half the cast is already. (Not sure if we want to count Diana in there.) I trust that Uchikoshi will be able to work... I'm just a little wary of it.

I also have no idea what both Akane and Junpei are doing here. I mean, the 999 Q&A said that Junpei spent the rest of his life searching for, but never finding, Akane, didn't it? Then that got changed, and instead he found her many, many years later during VLR... so what are they doing together in the Mars simulation now? xD

I mostly agree with your order but I'd switch Carlos and Eric. [?] is probably Zero (it's like if Zero Jr was on the back of the VLR box)

Also a bit disappointed that we know so much of the cast but I am more relieved about than I was before. We do have a good amount of old and new and the old characters ARE pretty important

The VLR Q&A states that Junpei learns about "Akane's burden" at the test site and that's what makes him search for her all those years

Kind of disappointed with myself because I wanted to go radio silent on the game and not get spoiled on anything. Couldn't help myself

This also might be the first Z-Rated game in Japan

And rumors from 4chan:
Spoiler: 4chan
The game will have 3 protagonists and the cast will be split into 3 groups of 3. I'm honestly more disappointed about this news than the game being a lot of old cast for 2 reasons:

1. 3 protagonists narrows down the suspect pool a lot, especially if any of them are new characters

2. Something I loved about the games were all the different dynamics you could get from mixing and matching the cast of 9 into different rooms

Supposedly, these are the 3 groups:
Carlos+Junpei+Akane, Q+Eric+Mila, Diana+Sigma+Phi

That is Junpei holding Akane in the screenshot so we do at least know that Junpei and Akane are together

元・超会社員級の管理人

Not really rumors so much as early leaks.

Me on a different board LIKE A DIFFERENT TIMELINE #mindblown #uchikoshi wrote:
So from Hokanko, like upthread:

Quote:
Release date TBD
Price TBD

Director: Kotaro Uchikoshi
Character design: Rui Tomono
Sound: Shinji Hosoe

The concluding entry in the Zero Escape series is announced.
10 characters are announced in the game's spread.
The event scenes are now rendered in full 3D and referred to as the "Cinema" parts.
The article says "except where noted, images from the Vita version", but only one image doesn't have any kind of note and it doesn't show any characters...

Story:
Takes place about a year after 999. Nine days after a group of people start living in a facility in the Nevada Desert together as part of an experiment [REDACTED] and then the watches and so on.

Characters:
Three teams exist, the leaders of whom are the protagonists.

TEAM C:
Carlos: A hot-blooded man with a strong sense of justice, who cares deeply for his younger sister, who is suffering from an incurable disease.
Junpei: After the events of 999, he joined a detective agency to track down Akane, who had vanished completely. Currently technically "ran away from home".
Akane: Though she appears to be a proper young woman, her true personality is Machiavellian.
[Two characters from 999 in this group.]

TEAM D:
Diana: A pacifistic young woman who hates fighting. Works as a nurse.
Sigma: Although only 22 years old, he seems to have led a long and complicated life. Occasionally called "old man" by Phi.
Phi: A curt young woman who joined the DCOM experiment to save the world.
[Two characters from VLR in this group, with Diana holding Luna's pendant.]

TEAM Q:
Q: A young boy who has lost his memories and who is wearing a mysterious spherical helmet.
Eric: A young man working at an ice cream shop going out with Mila.
Mila: A sexual young woman going out with Eric.

OTHER:
Zero: An unknown person hiding their identity behind a mask and disguise, who seems to be controlling the deadly games. Their goal is unknown.
Gab: An old dog able to fit through air vents humans can't and travel between sections of the facility.

Interview:
An interview with Uchikoshi is included.

Initially the plan had been to develop 2 and 3 simultaneously, but after the 3DS and Vita were announced they decided to make 2 and see how it went.
Because sales and fan demand was so strong in the West, they were able to get 3 greenlit.
The title felt very 'clean' to him.
The game aims to make the player question what is "right".
The player will have to make extreme decisions where there is no right answer - hence the "dilemma" in the subtitle. These will have an effect on the endings and the game.

All the mysteries of the past games and ZE3 will be solved.
He feels the game is even better than the past two. The three protagonists know nothing, so they'll learn about the past games through dialogue.
For the extreme decisions, often times they'll be accompanied by scenes where someone's life is on the line.
Because they don't want to soften the content, the game may be rated Z (it would be the 3DS' first.)
This game is mostly serious, so he put a lot of his "jokes" into Punchline instead.
He had planned to ask Kinu Nishimura to return as character designer, but once he hammered out how ZE3 would differ from the past games he decided to change things up. This was also because they needed to make the backgrounds and characters more cinematic.
He feels all the characters, new and old, really have strong designs this time.
They aimed to make the event scenes feel like you were watching a drama.
No narration this time, though there will be a few "tricks"...
It'll be a game you can enjoy standalone and the pinnacle of the series.

The reason for multiple protagonists was to show the tensions and killings between teams from many viewpoints, and they initially considered making Sigma a protag. If the player follows the route where he winds up like in VLR, something terrible may happen...

So yeah, three protags; from the way it's written, most likely Carlos, Diana, and Q(? - based on the character layouts, since his group is all new).

Wooster wrote:

1000% Knight

Team A seems like it'll be the most interesting (although how did he get her?!)

Team B and C is going to be awkward for the protags, since there's so much between the other two members in their groups.

But the real question is... will Phi be calling Sigma "ossan" or "ojisan"?

Spoiler: VLR, Theory
Between Phi's seemingly rather uncharacteristic quote and Carlos' quote, I'm wondering if Phi is Carlos's sister. If she is, that could mean that Carlos is an Esper, and Phi may be Radical-6 patient 0.

1000% Knight

Speaking of the quotes... anyone have a copy of the image that's big enough for them to actually be readable?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Probably going to have to wait for full leaks tomorrow. Also I made a few corrections (I translated that about 10 minutes after waking up, so... :yogi:)

Another possible leak with more details:

• Carlos, Diana, and Q are indeed the leaders of their groups and the protagonists.
  • You can switch protagonists at any time and advance the stories individually.
  • In order to escape, the groups must use 6 passwords. But a password is revealed when somebody dies. In other words, 6 people need to die for the groups to escape.
  • Carlos is a firefighter.
  • Q is good-hearted and honest despite his strange appearance.
  • Eric is ordinarily cheerful, but in times of crisis he quickly loses his calm.
  • Mila rarely shows her emotions and is fairly insensitive by her own measure.
  • Diana joined the Dcom simulation on the recommendation of her boss.
  • Gab is used by the players to send messages via a small pouch around his neck.
  • There is of course still an "escape part" in addition to the "cinema part" but the details of that will be announced later.
  • Development is 80% done (this was in the other leak as well)

Not really familiar with this source so take it with a grain of salt, but this all seems reasonable.

Wooster wrote:

Quote:
Carlos (Tomokazu Sugita)

Welp, he's already my new favorite.

Can't believe this wasn't posted yet. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8z9yogpeUA

If you're like me and thought you could just listen to the trailer to hear the new main theme and get unspoiled, don't for two reasons:

1. There is no trailer theme. It's just Pantry from VLR

2. There's voice acting in the trailer

I feel like I was kind of spoiled already without watching it....but I'm still not gonna watch it

Didn't like Junpei's voice. Loved Akane's voice. Sounds like Troy Baker's Sigma was replaced by Matthew Mercer. I think Eric might be Liam O'Brien? Which seems to suggest he might be involved in Free the Soul in some way?

Blah!

Release is June 28. Physical/digital in NA, digital in EU. JP gets it June 30.

Aksys also announced that the game is coming out on Steam, which really surprised me. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a simultaneous release with 3DS/Vita, as it was said to be "later this year". But still, guess this means Bolt Storm needs to update the title of the thread.

Spoiler-free reaction to the trailer: I wonder how much of that was cutscenes and if any of that was in-engine. This game looks to have a lot more dynamic action, in any case.

Spoiler: Edit - found some info regarding that
Looking at the Polygon article, it does seem that they're going for dynamic cutscenes instead of a VN style of storytelling. Interesting...

Spoiler: Trailer spoilers
Well, that was a lot of blood and violence. I'm guessing this is what they meant by not toning things down to avoid a CERO Z rating. I hope they don't go overboard.

There's also new art:

Spoiler:
Re: Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/Vita/PC, June 28thTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I think the most interesting parts of today's news actually aren't really shown off in the trailer. From Kotaku:

Quote:
Here’s the main gimmick, as described by Kirk: “The narrative trick is that every 90 minutes, a drug is injected from the watches everyone’s wearing that causes them to wake up and lose all their memories. The story can be played out of chronological order thanks to this mechanic, so you start from a ‘floating fragment’ screen that shows you the various scenes in the story.” It looks like this:

As you complete each fragment, you’ll see how they fit into a larger narrative chart that you can uncover as you play.

Make sense? No? That’s the idea. Explains Kirk: “The characters don’t know where they are in the timeline, and neither does the player. When you complete a segment it goes into the larger decision tree, which tells you where it actually happens in the story. So the idea is, you play a fragment, the fragment plays out, then you go back out to the floating fragment screen and it shows you where the thing you just played fits into the narrative flow. You might start a fragment and see only two characters, but not yet know how the third died. Then you’ll play the earlier fragment later, and learn what happened.”

Spoiler: Demo spoilers, example of the choices in the game
The demo we watched started with Sigma locked to a chair while Zero monologued at him. Phi was next to him locked inside an incinerator. Diana stood between them and had to make the choice.

The cutscenes are in 3D, with a moving camera and actual in-game objects. The gun next to Sigma’s chair has 3 live rounds and three blanks. If Diana pulls the trigger it’ll shut down the incinerator whether or not the bullet is live, but she has a 50/50 chance of killing Sigma. In 3 minutes, the incinerator will start and kill Phi. If Diana pulls the trigger, the door will open but Sigma has a 50/50 chance of dying.

They decided to pull the trigger and told us it’s completely random what happens - they actually don’t know how it would turn out. The game calculates the odds each time. In this case, the bullet is a blank, Sigma lives and Phi is also saved from the incinerator. They say some of the choices throughout the game will have randomness like that. “When he says he doesn’t know how it’s gonna end, he means it.”

They ran the scene again and this time Sigma died from a live bullet. They swear it really is random.

For those who don't want to read the spoiler, the short version is that some choices in the game may have a random outcome. To generalize the example Kotaku gives, characters B and C are in life-threatening positions. Character A can take an action that will definitely save B, but there's a fifty-fifty chance it will kill C. Conversely, if A does nothing, C will definitely survive, but B will definitely die. If A decides to take that action, the game actually randomly selects whether C will live or die as a result.

These two systems together (plus the multiple protagonists) sound like they could lead to a ton of branching, and I'm picturing a situation where you might see a fragment where character Z is dead, then over time slowly piece together what actions you need to take to save Z (and when those actions take place), then jump back and forth around the story trying things out until you get the desired result.

That's much more interesting to me than the trailer honestly, which is just playing up the "death game" angle and showing off the new engine.

Wooster wrote:

OBJECTION!

The thing that worries me is if the descriptive text is gone (as seems to be implied with the addition of the cinema parts), it will be less VN-like. These games were essentially VNs with puzzles.

I hope at least we can press a button to advance the story, and not "watch" the movie parts.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Is it really all that different, though? I can appreciate the VN style, but that was also basically a bunch of cutscenes with puzzles interspersed, like you said - and even VLR was starting to move away from the narration style of 999.

That said, I agree with you that it would be nice if we can "step through" dialogue so we don't have to listen to every word being read out if we're not in the mood for it. I know there's at least a fast-forward option.

Wooster wrote:
Page 3 of 8 [ 298 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station