Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Voting)

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
Turnabout Dave
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm
Custom Title: This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!
Location: Downtown Japanifornia

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Turnabout Dave »

You want emphasis on the numbers for voting, eh? Alright. My votes go to
3
and
5

I hope that's enough emphasis :sillytrucy:
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.
Lida_Rose
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 am
Custom Title: You’re so small in such a big world...
Location: In front of the computer, where else?

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Lida_Rose »

The emphasis on your votes get a 7.8 out of 10.

The numbers aren't pink enough.

Still, though, I appreciate the extra emphasis. It'll help when I'm so tired I can barely see and attempting to tally up the votes.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Ropfa »

(OC crossed with a raptor. Specific type of raptor is unknown. I'm hoping it's a velociraptor. Because velociraptors are awesome. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.)
(It's an oviraptor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oviraptor)
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Hesseldahl »

I'm voting for 1 and 5.
Lida_Rose
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 am
Custom Title: You’re so small in such a big world...
Location: In front of the computer, where else?

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Lida_Rose »

Ropfa wrote:
(OC crossed with a raptor. Specific type of raptor is unknown. I'm hoping it's a velociraptor. Because velociraptors are awesome. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.)
(It's an oviraptor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oviraptor)
Oh. I . . . totally knew that. Yeeeaaah . . . . The velociraptor thing was totally a joke. So . . . AHA! AHA! AHA! AHA! and stuff.

*Edits OP*
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by TheDoctor »

5 and 3
Image
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Darth Wiader »

4 and 7
Image
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Tilemahosbra »

I vote for 5 because it makes the best pun i've ever seen (And because Mayo looks adorable like this). :payne-stroke:

And I also vote for 7, because I really loved that guy's arc in the 3rd season of The Sensational Adventures of Kaptain Krump™. :chef: (He also looks funny, so y'know.)
yes
Ceres
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:49 am
Custom Title: I'd say
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Ceres »

Hey guys,I added a poll. (tbh, forgot this was possible)
Try it out!

Edit: Don't vote for your own entry, there's no way to prevent this in the poll, but it will show up later.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by SuperAj3 »

OMG A POLL!
HOW DID I MISS THIS EARLIER!
When I started these comps I had no clue Polls were even a thing here!

Also, I just discovered "Maya the Bee" and now completely understand that entry XD
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by TheDoctor »

I don't think it's possible for anyone without Mod or Admin powers to create polls.

I'm more weirded out by Maya the Bee apparently having been an anime before they made the CGI cartoon my little sister watches (and that the anime was based off a German book from the early 1900's).
Image
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I'm sorry, i freaking lost it as soon as i saw Herman crab.
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Lind »

For some reason the poll won't let me vote, but 4 and 6.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Darth Wiader »

Voting has ended. But some of us voted via poll, others by posts - both methods are valid, right? I think moderators (as only they can see who voted for whom in polls) should now count all votes to exclude doubles.
Image
Ceres
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:49 am
Custom Title: I'd say
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Ceres »

Welp, turns out we cant see who voted after all. Sorry about that.

Just add the votes in to poll + "those who manually posted due to technical difficulties" and you should get a correct result.

Is that ok Lida?
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Darth Wiader »

So... when can we expect official results to be announced?
Image
Ceres
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:49 am
Custom Title: I'd say
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Ceres »

Ok, since Lida hasn't responded, I guess I'll announce the winners.
I've added the poll count + Lind's vote.

So without further ado, here are the results.

In last place with 0 votes! (sorry dude) is...
Mister Gruel's Phoenix Wright

Image

In 5'th place with 2 votes! is...
SuperAj3's Moovin Grudderberg

Image

In 4'th place with 4 votes! is...
Lind's Herman Crab

Image

In 3'th place with 5 votes! we have a triple tie!...
Ropfa's Oviraptor Williamson

Image

Hesseldahl's Flo G. Emerald

Image

SiberianHunter's Matt Lizarde

Image

In 2'nd place with 6 votes! is...
Ceres' Furio Tigre

Image

And...in 1st place with 7 votes we have..
Darth Wiader's Maya Bee

Image

Congratulations to Darth Wiader with the victory!, we will now all worship the ground you walk on and blow kisses in your general direction.

That's it folks, I'd like to thank everyone for entering.
It was a great turnout and I can't wait to see what the next competition will bring!
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Hesseldahl »

Congratulatulions to everyone!

I can't wait for next competition.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by SuperAj3 »

Congrats Darth!
Can't wait to see the next category!
SiberianHunter
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 pm
Custom Title: Leader of Couch Army
Location: Russia

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by SiberianHunter »

Th-Third... place? In my first competition?
Mister Gruel
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm
Custom Title: Danksgiving

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Mister Gruel »

you are all dead to me
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Tilemahosbra »

Yee-haw. 'Grats everyone. You all created wonderful mutants.
yes
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! March-April Hybrids (Votin

Post by Darth Wiader »

Thank you very much. I'm here till Thursday. Try the veal.

(The best part is, I created Maya the Bee for the sake of pun and I haven't dreamed of getting on the podium, let alone about winning. Thank you for your votes.)

Here's the link to the next competition.
Image
Post Reply