Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 16 of 18[ 700 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: The Final Fantasy franchiseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

My minor gripe is how they pronounce Cloud... guess I am just too used to the Japanese pronunciation. (Though what's with Biggs' voice?)

Though, what's with Cloud's face? It looks so... vastly different. Maybe because his nose is much thinner now? :eh?:

C-A

I'm trying to figure out whether Barret says "Ok Magoo" at the end there.

Also nice shades.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:

BARRETT DOESN'T WEAR SHADES SQUARE YOU DIPSHITS

RUINED FOREVER

Call me Ishmael.

Oh yeah, I actually burned through FF7 on Steam last year and loved it save for the constant minigames. I primarily used Cid and Vincent. Can't say I'm hyped for the remake, they'll probably find ways to Advent Children-ify it and make everything all j-rock and scene and angsty like the spinoffs.

also, Birth of a God >>>> One-Winged Angel
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Marche Tobaye wrote:

I'm not sure from which FF that is. But I will say, neat as One Winged Angel is, I can only listen to it for a very short time - it's too aggressive, I cannot listen to it for too long, or I just get a really bad mood.

Quote:
BARRETT DOESN'T WEAR SHADES SQUARE YOU DIPSHITS

RUINED FOREVER

I think they also changed his arm tatoo design.

C-A

Call me Ishmael.

CatMuto wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:

I'm not sure from which FF that is. But I will say, neat as One Winged Angel is, I can only listen to it for a very short time - it's too aggressive, I cannot listen to it for too long, or I just get a really bad mood.
It's also from FF7, namely the Bizarro Sephiroth battle theme. OWA mostly annoys me, possibly because of flashbacks to Super Nova.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:

I know it's probably a bit early to judge, but the few fight scenes they've shown seem to run at a much lower frame-rate than the rest of the trailer. Best case scenario, it'll be 30 FPS by the time it actually comes out, worse case, it won't, but at least it's the same frame-rate as the original game.
Still won't convince me to buy a PS4 though.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Oh! I wonder if they'll tell us about attacking the scorpion's tail again! At least start the sentence with 'Do not'. :will:

C-A

lol Barret/Blade :agent-Smith:

The visual style of the FF universe has definitely evolved a lot in the long 19 years since the original game came out. It was pretty inevitable, but I expect this will be a pretty different experience from the original one. The climate for visuals, gameplay, and story are always changing and if they want to live up to the enormous expectations they probably have to let it evolve too. Luckily the original port is always available too, so people can just pick their poison :)

That said, I'll be really bummed if the combat doesn't feel as good. I'd also be really amazed if they're able to cram all of the random bazillion mini-games and content into this thing, but here's hoping! :butzthumbs:
I'll definitely buy the shit out of it regardless though. Hopefully it does well and we can see some love for more of the quintessential jrpgs of the last 20-30 years

Quote:
Luckily the original port is always available too, so people can just pick their poison :)

I played the PSN port... by god, did that game age horribly.

Honestly, I might play the game. But not if it's PS4 exclusive. I am not gonna buy a freaking PS4 for this game. (Not even if Crisis Core was remade)

C-A

Funky Bunnies wrote:
I'd also be really amazed if they're able to cram all of the random bazillion mini-games and content into this thing, but here's hoping! :butzthumbs:

Why wouldn't they be able to fit all the content from a nearly 20-year-old PS1 game on a PS4 disc?

lol yeah, it doesn't matter how many times I play it - I'm always surprised by how outdated the game is. Definitely still dig it though :)

oh and Franzise i just meant it probably took a lot less money and time to create a ton of mini-games throughout the whole game in 1998 than it is for a current-gen title. I'm sure they'll keep all the important ones though, like the Wall Market squats game.

Funky Bunnies wrote:

I highly doubt they'll keep that in. Moral guardians will have shit-fits.

And hey, as long as they remove the entirety of Juno actions - CPR the damn girl, jump on the fucking dolphin, practice the moves, do the parade, dance in front of freaking Rufus - and just make it a scene, that section of the game will HIGHLY improve.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

I disagree.

The parade scene at least (maybe not the rest) was downright fun and hilarious. It'd be a shame if they took that out.

Yoshinori Says wrote:
“However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPG different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities and magic to be strategic minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience."

Pretty sure that's just called a loadout...and is common in MOBAs, FPS's, TPS's, Character-Action Games, Platformers, etc. Think they need to do better to define what an "RPG" is than that.

But whatever, I liked Crisis Core's gameplay, just think their definition of "RPG" isn't very fitting.

Though in other news I hear they are going to release FFVII in parts, I guess like episodically, which seems a weird approach to take.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
The parade scene at least (maybe not the rest) was downright fun and hilarious. It'd be a shame if they took that out.

I disagree. The parade was boring to go through. Especially since it was just another minigame AFTER I had already done the dolphin minigame shortly AFTER I had done the CPR minigame. Minigame overload.

Quote:
Though in other news I hear they are going to release FFVII in parts, I guess like episodically, which seems a weird approach to take.

Of course they will. Why? Well, as Fry says...

Well, more like, shut up and give us your money.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I disagree. The parade was boring to go through. Especially since it was just another minigame AFTER I had already done the dolphin minigame shortly AFTER I had done the CPR minigame. Minigame overload.

Nah it was fun to do, the CPR and Dolphin were frustrating but the concept of the parade stuff was much more entertaining. Getting to experience a day in the life of a Shinra Grunt, getting to flaunt your stuff right under the noses of the Shinra Bigwigs and even be praised by them. I dunno, I just like cool disguise sections in games, they were meaningful and novel minigames whereas the Dolphin and CPR ones were less-so.

I guess the bottom line is:

It's a matter of perspective.

Lets agree to disagree.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

That isn't the meme you're looking for.

So did they mention how long the episodes would be? I'd imagine everything up to the first Jenova fight would be sufficiently long enough for one episode.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

That isn't the meme you're looking for.

So did they mention how long the episodes would be? I'd imagine everything up to the first Jenova fight would be sufficiently long enough for one episode.

Nah couldn't see anything like that.

Perhaps they'll just break it up like the disks? I mean the end of Disk 1 is pretty climactic from my recollections, good place to put a "break".

The real issue is, whether they are just going to release it in parts or as something you actually need to buy per episode. If it's the case then depending on the price...it could be a real horrific move.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
I mean the end of Disk 1 is pretty climactic from my recollections, good place to put a "break".

Hey, if they manage Aerith's death and preceeding events to actually be heartbreaking and not funny (by having Cloud thrust his pelvis into praying Aerith's face, as was the case on accident in my game), it would work. Though... well, the 'shock' value isn't there anymore.

On a different Aerith note, I somehow have the feeling that they'll try to keep Aerith's appearances in trailers and such to a minimum, not showing her face until the game itself is out. (You know, similar to what they did in Advent Children)

Quote:
The real issue is, whether they are just going to release it in parts or as something you actually need to buy per episode. If it's the case then depending on the price...it could be a real horrific move.

Well, episodic releases would make sense for, like, a Steam release. But not an actual 'full' game. After all, if I buy a disc for my console, I want the entire game and not have only one third of the game available and the rest needs to be DLC'd.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

Quote:

Well, episodic releases would make sense for, like, a Steam release. But not an actual 'full' game. After all, if I buy a disc for my console, I want the entire game and not have only one third of the game available and the rest needs to be DLC'd.

C-A

When you put it that way you make a fair point. The only time I've seen episodic content sold in a box is post-"season" when all the episodes are complete and they sell it all on one disk.

Perhaps this game would be digital only? Though from my recollection it's a PS4 exclusive right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Perhaps this game would be digital only? Though from my recollection it's a PS4 exclusive right?

Doubt it'd be a console exclusive since I'm sure Squeenix would prefer to be it as accessible as possible to generate the most revenue. If anything, it'll be a timed exclusive for PS4 and then eventually trickle over to PC, Xbone and quite possibly NX.
I know I'd buy it once it hits PC.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

yeah the episodic thing was interesting news, but the up-swing to it is hopefully that means we'll get to start playing part1 a little earlier than we originally thought! :will:

Sounds like they're keeping the actual details close to their chests, but hopefully the intent that 'each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game' is something they'll deliver on and we get highly polished content-rich installments as we wait for the whole story to be retold

Noctis VS Iron Giant
Maybe I'm judging too fast, based on nothing but a barely-two-minute video of a battle, but this battle system seems pretty... lackluster.

C-A

I've felt worse.

The enemy hardly attacks, it's attacks are slow and predictable, and Noctis has several attacks with a large range. Maybe the player is just that experienced, but that looks way too imbalanced in favor of the player.

That said, if anything were to get me interested in XV, it's Florence's cover of Stand by Me.

Gettin' Old!

Early game?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Probably. The way I understand it, this is probably part of the demo. (And apparently an enemy you don't encounter, unless you do something specific...?)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

But every time I look at a KH3 trailer the action looks rad....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same, though that's also why I said I might be judging too soon. After all, if this is honestly 'just' the demo of the game and probably early in the game, that might explain why it looks so... simple and meh. I mean, majority of the previous FFs I've played, can't say the battle system was all that great in the beginning. Always came down to attacking a lot. With XIII, you had to wait until Chapter 3 to unlock something other than Attack/Area Attack and Lightning Returns, well, you couldn't do much, since your ATB gauge was not all that large.

Even with other JRPGs, battle system didn't really shine until later on or when you encountered bosses, who took more than hitting, since there was no point in using your TP/MP/Whatever beforehand. XV's battle system could be better than what we see here.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Thanks Fran. You inspired me to change my signature so I could capture this rare moment for all time.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

:nick-sweat:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

CatMuto wrote:
Noctis VS Iron Giant
Maybe I'm judging too fast, based on nothing but a barely-two-minute video of a battle, but this battle system seems pretty... lackluster.

C-A

the fuck

child what

he killed a thing and became a child

what

Come on Final Fantasy don't do this to me. I was tentatively liking what I'd seen of XV.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too... then figured, it will probably be explained in the plot...

C-A

Seems like they're going all out to advertise FFXV. If it's a flop when it's released now it's really going to make me laugh! I tried playing the demo they've brought out, it looked amazing (my PS4 had a bit of a grumble noise wise though) but I got bored around the time you get teleported into a room with toys and a table.

I'm still hoping for a FF5/FF6 remake for DS, when they remade 3 and 4 I was so excited for 5 on DS but alas, doesn't look like that'll be the case. For now I'll be sad and stick with FFXIV. :sadshoe:
Currently Playing: JfA & FFXIV

Flonne wrote:
but I got bored around the time you get teleported into a room with toys and a table.

...Noctis needs to get in touch with his inner child?

Quote:
I'm still hoping for a FF5/FF6 remake for DS, when they remade 3 and 4 I was so excited for 5 on DS but alas, doesn't look like that'll be the case. For now I'll be sad and stick with FFXIV. :sadshoe:

A remake of VI would be cool! Susumu Chiba already did an awesome job as Kefka in Dissidia, I would love to hear him in the original game, too. And it would show players who may not have played the original version that Tina is more than just a "whimp who doesn't want to fight". And I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind if they end up having to cut a few characters, if they remake VI. (Mostly Gogo, Umaro or the Moggle. Those were the most pointless ones.)

Also, Forever Rachel.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

A remake of VI would be cool! Susumu Chiba already did an awesome job as Kefka in Dissidia, I would love to hear him in the original game, too. And it would show players who may not have played the original version that Tina is more than just a "whimp who doesn't want to fight". And I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind if they end up having to cut a few characters, if they remake VI. (Mostly Gogo, Umaro or the Moggle. Those were the most pointless ones.)

Also, Forever Rachel.

C-A

Omg I loved him in Dissidia! I just loved how he'd tap that booty before you started a fight, or some of his opening comments on the opponent hahaha. I wish they had a character like Kefka in PW, as in, the main villain. He's creepy on so many levels yet managed to stay awesome!

I see what you mean about Terra though, I played her once and didn't even feel like she was the same character. xD THEY CAN'T CUT UMARO. I forbid it. ;______________; Umaro for next Dissidia. :apollo: I saw last night that they'd brought FF6 out on steam but they seem to have messed up the sprites and made them more... childish? Not sure if that's the best word to use but...
Currently Playing: JfA & FFXIV

FFXIII cast as Eeveelutions
This is awesome. It mixes Eevee with FFXIII. Awesome.

C-A

I just need to say here how Cecil/Rosa is boring. I know it may sound harsh, but from personal perspective, I just can't understand why some people actively ship them. So peaceful, so Ms. Perfect and Mr. Perfect. One of those "oh, my love, you are right as always" couples.

dangerousoffender wrote:
I just need to say here how Cecil/Rosa is boring. I know it may sound harsh, but from personal perspective, I just can't understand why some people actively ship them. So peaceful, so Ms. Perfect and Mr. Perfect. One of those "oh, my love, you are right as always" couples.

Oh, absolutely agree. I think the issue with CecilxRosa is...
A) their romance already happened. They are a couple and whatever brought them together has happened before the game began, so the player doesn't get to see them interact or get to grow closer. Basically, they're together; end of story.
B) Rosa is gone off-screen for a good portion of the game. Again, lack of interaction between her and Cecil.
C) Even when she is there, she is so background...

Spoiler: FFIV - Rosa and Cecil
I think the only reason she's there is.... I dunno; to have an attacking healer? Or to have someone for Cecil to marry at the end of the game, when he becomes king.

C-A

I've felt worse.

dangerousoffender wrote:

I agree. It's just kinda there to
Spoiler: does IV still qualify for spoilers it's been 25 years
give Cecil a reason to hand over the earth crystal to Golbez.

Also to say "hey this game has a romantic couple. That's cool, right?" Granted I just never cared for romance in fiction. Or romance in general.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite game in the franchise. I really enjoy Cecil over all as a character. But as far as the Cecil x Rosa stuff goes, I completely agree. To me, what hurts it is Rosa is a pretty bland character and whenever she is involved with Cecil during the game, it mostly tends to affect his character as well and he ends up becoming bland as well as a result. I find she serves as a very poor motivation for Cecil, especially when Cecil has plenty of other things in the story that motivate him so much better such as finding a stop to his corrupted kingdom to trying to prevent Golbez from getting the crystals so he won't destroy the world.

Cecil has plenty of motivation, which in turn, really makes Rosa unneeded as a character. Like sumguy said, the only purpose she really serves is so Cecil can hand over a crystal during one part of the game. Heck, I'd argue Rosa serves more as a motivation for Kain rather than Cecil, as it fuels his rivalry and jealousy over Cecil. But really, you could replace Rosa with anything and it could keep Kain basically the same.

She does a great job in her role as a playable character, but as a character in the story, I'd honestly say I barely find her a step above Edward for me.

The only thing I can probably say about their relationship in comparative terms in the series for me is that it is better than Squall x Rinoa, but I honestly find that it really doesn't take much to beat that.

In terms of couples in the FF franchise, I'd argue and say that Zidane x Garnet is easily my favorite. They both present an interesting dynamic where both are put in a situation where they're uncomfortable and thus they are forced to learn to grow. With Garnet, it's getting out of the comfort of her own home. With Zidane, it's learning to overcome his playboy-ness and learning how to deal with his feelings in a relationship and learning to take them seriously. You see them both realizing the consequences of getting out of their comfort zone, seeing how they deal with it, and how they learn from it. You see both characters really grow and change over the course of the game while keeping true to their characters at the core. And I personally find the journey that both of these characters take throughout the game enjoyable to watch.

Personally, I find it funny as how with FF4,8, and 10, where love plays some kind of central focal point, it's done so much more poorly than within a game where it's tended to be pushed off more to the side.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Page 16 of 18 [ 700 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station