Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 7[ 252 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

The music of Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

The music of AA6 so far has been some top notch tracks. My personal favorite is Kurain. You can hear JFA's Kurain Village theme in it a bit. For a listen, here you go:

Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJBNzvROckg[/url]

Pursuit ~ Wanting to Corner (My own title, not official)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbjMPOnfGU

^thx to Yash K. Productions

Objection! 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aji8KapKQ

Kurain ~ The Mysical Land (Fan-made title)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeXyOlni9Qo

Court Begins 2016 (Kurain)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBrYdBwdD6o

Logic and Trick (Fan-made title is Logic Break)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDrRZQ09BE

Cross Examination ~ Moderato 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-1AfWOYuU

Spirit Vision ~ Arguments (Fan-made title, plays during Leifa's Spirit Vision testimony)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCSILkLD8OY

Spirit Vision ~ Fatal Memories (Fan-made, plays during the vision itself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_JDLVnJZOQ

Any thoughts about the current musical selection?

Last edited by Blizdi on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The music of Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

The tracks are really good, I especially like the new Cross Examination theme. Although all these tracks totally fit the mood of Kurain but not so much the mood of Japanifornia. So I wonder if we'll get two sets of court room tracks?
There was some footage of the court scenes from case 2, did hey play different music there?

Mia Payne

Lusankya wrote:
The tracks are really good, I especially like the new Cross Examination theme. Although all these tracks totally fit the mood of Kurain but not so much the mood of Japanifornia. So I wonder if we'll get two sets of court room tracks?
There was some footage of the court scenes from case 2, did hey play different music there?

Only Nayuta's theme I believe,

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Just a quick note from the demo. It was slightly jarring to me that the very modern-instrumented Suspense theme also plays in Kurain and I'm a bit curious about the direction for Apollo's Theme remix because he's in Japanifornia but he too got the kurain soundscape.

Otherwise, I like the new logic theme and particularly the cross-examination theme. It's not anything remarkable, but it's new stuff and that's always cool to hear.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

ASCEND

I haven't heard all of them , but the new cross-examination theme sounds really good. I can't wait to hear the Allegro version.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'm going to make a guess for the Allegro version: A +3 semitone pitch shift compared to the Moderato version, with a tempo of 125 BPM.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
I'm going to make a guess for the Allegro version: A +3 semitone pitch shift compared to the Moderato version, with a tempo of 125 BPM.

And it won't have a coda.

Mia Payne

linkenski wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

And it won't have a coda.

Jeez, this again. You did the same thing with AA5, NO WHERE does it state Allegro's must have a coda.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Only 2001-2007, as well as 2012 and 2015 had codas. 2013 had an extension of the section just before the loop, so that doesn't qualify as a coda.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I am the swordsman of justice!

This music sounds AWESOME! I really like the objection theme
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Racing through the sky like a Missile

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Only 2001-2007, as well as 2012 and 2015 had codas. 2013 had an extension of the section just before the loop, so that doesn't qualify as a coda.

Third verse or bridge =/= having a coda. All of these tracks can be written without the use of codas, but even 2013 requires the use of multiple endings with repeat. It just doesn't have a unique bridge.

Well, while I'm posting here, I might as well add my opinion: The Kurain Kingdom theme is one of the most beautiful and majestic pieces Iwadare has composed to date. Holy damn.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Did some messing around in Audacity and tried lowering the pitch of the Objection theme by two semitones, similar to T&T and DD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWJFrTrPDc

Mia Payne

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Did some messing around in Audacity and tried lowering the pitch of the Objection theme by two semitones, similar to T&T and DD.

That sounds good, but notn for the Kurain Court, that'd fit the Japanifornia one, if he gets a case there

I like Objection! 2016. It seems like they might be making the Objection themes for the characters their theme song. Phoenix's is probably Objection! 2004 and it's remixes. Not complaining though. I also pick apart the sound aside from the tune and this sounds different yet good. I also like the added part to it. I'm expecting an Objection! 2007 remix for Apollo.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Characters who have their own theme:

Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter Of Trials! 2016
Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016 (?)
Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2016
Nayuta Sadmadhi ~ The Funeral Prosecutor (?)

The soundtrack seems half great and half meh, you know?
Some tracks sound definitely good (cross-examination, the Kurain-related musics) and Nayuta's theme seems promising from what I've heard. But on the other hand, some of them are just... bland? Objection! 2016 is a major disappointment, Logic doesn't fit, and I'm not sure I like Pursuit at all.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Has anyone heard Ema's theme?

Not yet. All videos showing her played the new Investigation ~ Opening 2016 theme.

Gardevoir lover

RayquazaSenpai wrote:

That kind of sounds like it would play in one of the Megaman RPG's with that pitch.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'll admit, the Kurain Kingdom theme sounds AMAZING. But Nayuta's theme… Oh, man… It's just… beautiful.

Mia Payne

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
I'll admit, the Kurain Kingdom theme sounds AMAZING. But Nayuta's theme… Oh, man… It's just… beautiful.

Where did you hear Nayuta's theme?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blizdi wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

Where did you hear Nayuta's theme?

The stream and the prologue.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So apparently, the tempo for CEM 2016 is 117 BPM, with a 6/4 signature. The tempo for Logic and Objection are 120 BPM, with a 4/4 signature.

Mia Payne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDc-oFU ... e=youtu.be

Ayyyy thanks Calios

Chronically Unstable

Ah, the classic Turnabout Sisters theme...

...except not so good as the original. For starters, the flute-like instrument really doesn't suit the theme IMO. Also, quite a few notes are missing, which is the case for several other Iwadare remixes (Child of Magic, With Pearly, etc.).

Not bad, and the classic tune is always a pleasure to listen to, but the original is still the best.

One thing I've noticed so far is that the music in this game is more subdued than usual, and sounds more like background stuff. It's harder to make out clear themes and melodies in the new Logic theme or Nayuta's theme and even Maya's theme sounds like it has the underlying beat and the basic motifs but then lack the rest of the details.

A lot of the kurain music is also kinda whatever. It has the right vibe but it's not something I'll remember that much. And the new pursuit sounds unusually tame. I just hope there's more in store that stands out more than what has been shown so far.

Mia Payne

linkenski wrote:
One thing I've noticed so far is that the music in this game is more subdued than usual, and sounds more like background stuff. It's harder to make out clear themes and melodies in the new Logic theme or Nayuta's theme and even Maya's theme sounds like it has the underlying beat and the basic motifs but then lack the rest of the details.

A lot of the kurain music is also kinda whatever. It has the right vibe but it's not something I'll remember that much. And the new pursuit sounds unusually tame. I just hope there's more in store that stands out more than what has been shown so far.

I saw your post in my thread and thought "i'll give myself $1000 if it talks about how the pursuit is underwhelming and kurain is unmemorable"

Thanks for the $1000

is a five star man.

The new objection theme may be my favourite objection themes in the whole series. I'm not a huge fan of the 2004 theme, so when Dual Destinies simply remixed it, I was slightly disappointed. The way that this theme starts the same, then spirals into the catchy little hook at around 0:43 in the video you posted is really up my alley. The other themes also sound pretty great - I'll add my love to the new cross examination theme; it's simply marvelous.

It's a shame, then, about the new Turnabout Sisters, a theme which I'm already sick of hearing, but here it just sounds so tame and musac-y. I think the most apt comparison is something I saw on reddit - it sounds like 'new Pokemon music', and that's pretty disheartening for such an iconic theme to sound so neutered.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I found the official cover for the GS6 OST (taken from Amazon Japan)
Spoiler: Large image

Art Person

The artwork is so beautiful! I've seen it being handed out as a poster in Japan... I wish I could've gotten one of them T_T I'd hang it up it's such an amazing piece!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I uploaded the Japanese version of the Khura'in Song of Ceremony (The song that plays during Rayfa's dance) here.

Hot Dog

I really like what I've heard so far, especially the Trial begins theme for Kurain. But I do hope that the trials in Japanifornia get a different set of themes, the themes for Kurain just won't fit the mood for Japanifornia although they are perfect for the trials in Kurain, with the exception of the Cross-Examination theme which fits both :ron:

I would like to see T&T's trial theme remixed for the Japanifornia's trials. Or even Apollo Justice's trial theme.

Blizdi wrote:
I saw your post in my thread and thought "i'll give myself $1000 if it talks about how the pursuit is underwhelming and kurain is unmemorable"

Thanks for the $1000

Great job, mate. I commend your Linkenski-prediction skills, but somewhere deep down you must've thought the same thing since you could tell. :simon:

Proyectil wrote:
I really like what I've heard so far, especially the Trial begins theme for Kurain. But I do hope that the trials in Japanifornia get a different set of themes, the themes for Kurain just won't fit the mood for Japanifornia although they are perfect for the trials in Kurain, with the exception of the Cross-Examination theme which fits both :ron:

I would like to see T&T's trial theme remixed for the Japanifornia's trials. Or even Apollo Justice's trial theme.

You would like that, but what you'll get is even better. A completely NEW japanifornia trial theme! (it's not a spoiler. It's just the pre-order DLC)
https://youtu.be/F9cQvU5Js0Y?t=10m19s

Not to mention these two sweeties.

Investigation Opening 2016:
https://youtu.be/F9cQvU5Js0Y?t=2m40s

Congrats Everyone 2016:
https://youtu.be/F9cQvU5Js0Y?t=13m14s

This is exactly what I was looking for. I just learned the congrats everyone theme on guitar. Such a catchy tune. :yogi:

Hot Dog

linkenski wrote:
You would like that, but what you'll get is even better. A completely NEW japanifornia trial theme! (it's not a spoiler. It's just the pre-order DLC)
https://youtu.be/F9cQvU5Js0Y?t=10m19s

Oh sweet! I can't hear it clearly with all the people speaking over it, but it gives me good vibes! It sounds better than DD's trial theme which was kinda "meh..." in my opinion.

Thanks a lot! :edgey:

Art Person

I can't wait to hear the Investigation Opening without the speaking! It sounds like one of the best opening arrangements to date!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I really like the Investigation theme, as well as the trial theme. By the way, you can hear the full version in the DLC stream (Not the Special Court, the gameplay footage.).

But the title screen music is DOWNRIGHT FRICKIN' BEAUTIFUL.

Mia Payne

Yash K. Productions wrote:
I really like the Investigation theme, as well as the trial theme. By the way, you can hear the full version in the DLC stream (Not the Special Court, the gameplay footage.).

Where can I find that? (The title screen music)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blizdi wrote:

Right here. Although it sounds more like an ambience...

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Mon May 30, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Blizdi wrote:

Right here.

Oh thanks :D

Athena Internet Defense Force

I really want to hear "A New Chapter of Trials ~ 2016" and "Scientific Detective 2016". Should be hype.
Page 1 of 7 [ 252 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)