Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 91 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ace Attorney 6 Official JP Blog now live!Topic%20Title

Art Person

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/blog/

The official blog for Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice has been opened by Producer Eshiro (who apologises for not starting the blogs sooner!)

The blog entries are in Japanese, but they usually share some behind the scenes info on the game's development, so stay tuned!
Re: Ace Attorney 6 Official JP Blog now live!Topic%20Title

If anyone is going to translate them they'll have my eternal gratitude. :)
The ones for DD were really interesting and funny to read.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Ooh, nice! I really enjoyed reading the AA5 blog entries and I wanna know what Yamazaki has been doing for this project.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gardevoir lover

It's cute that they bothered to put all the unimportant characters on top there.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Athena Internet Defense Force

I really like that Rayfa chibi.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

This entry, Eshiro discusses his experiences at the 16th Machi Asobi event in Tokushima. There, they held events for both Gyakuten Saiban 6 and Sengoku Basara - Sanada Yukimura-den. It seems he quite enjoyed himself being on this stage with Producer Kobayashi, even more so than when he was at TGS. Visitors also had a chance to play a new GS6 demo based on the second case, and Capcom was selling some goods normally exclusive to e-Capcom.

Next entry, it'll be Yamazaki discussing a few things about the game itself, including the appearance of a certain "hot-blooded character" and a few "honest opinions" he may have about his fellow producer.

Also, he says they've pretty much finished with final presentations of the game since last week, so there'll be another live stream coming soon.

Edit: Never mind. The live stream he mentions was the one on the 17th, so last week's. It was there where the Special Court promo featured said hot-blooded character. Sorry for the slip-up and thanks again, Ash.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Tue May 24, 2016 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mia Payne

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
This entry, Eshiro discusses his experiences at the 16th Machi Asobi event in Tokushima. There, they held events for both Gyakuten Saiban 6 and Sengoku Basara - Sanada Yukimura-den. It seems he quite enjoyed himself being on this stage with Producer Kobayashi, even more so than when he was at TGS. Visitors also had a chance to play a new GS6 demo based on the second case, and Capcom was selling some goods normally exclusive to e-Capcom.

Next entry, it'll be Yamazaki discussing a few things about the game itself, including the appearance of a certain "hot-blooded character" and a few "honest opinions" he may have about his fellow producer.

Also, he says they've pretty much finished with final presentations of the game since last week, so there'll be another live stream coming soon.

Is there any footage of the demo

迷探偵

You misread here. Eshiro is saying that the final presentation has been done, which was the live stream last week. As always, he had his team work hard, so he had them make a Special Court skit as a promotion tool for the (DLC) Special Episode. It's there where that "intense character" makes an appearance.

Next time is director Yamazaki, who Eshiro guesses will point out the highlights of AA6 and give an honest opinion about producer Eshiro.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Derper

New blog post:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... 60526.html
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

迷探偵

The blog is updated every Monday and Thursday by the way.

This new post is a (sliiiiiiiightly) fictionalized account by director Yamazaki of how he came up with the main theme of AA6. AA5's theme was "the destruction of the court", and they needed to go with a theme that had even more impact for the sequel. But what could surpass AA5's theme? The birth of the court? The evolution of the court? The court in flames? An ancient court? A court beneath the sea? A court in outer space? Obviously, none of these themes were good. He needed a better, catchier keyword.

And as Yamazaki was desperately trying to come up with something, by came producer Eshiro.
Eshiro: Still got no theme, eh? Lemme see what ya have. Ha, what kind of crap is this?!
Yamazaki: I'm terribly sorry. I'm doing my best.
Eshiro: Ah, I guess this is beyond yer 'talents'. Of course, I never expected much of ya. Ya gonna quit? I've got more than enough replacements for ya (grin
Yamazaki: NOOOOOOOoooooo!

Cornered by this heartless dictator, Yamazaki thought: I'm not going to take this anymore. I'll ******** you! Time for a revolution!

And so, AA6's theme became "The revolution of the court" (in reality, they just thought about the theme a lot). At the meeting where Yamazaki announced this was the games theme, his team members asked him what he meant with the theme.
Yamazaki: Still haven't thought about that.
'Talentless hack! We'll revolutionize your face!' they said as they jumped on Yamazaki and worked his face.... (in reality, they just talked about it a lot).

Yamazaki mentions that to him, the theme meant 'the suppressed weak defeat the strong'. So in that sense, a revolution is a grand Turnabout. Having come to this point, they needed a 'confrontation' that would embody this theme. At the start of the project, things were still vague, so that led to this piece of concept art.

"OUR REVOLUTION WILL START NOW"

With the help of the team, they eventually came up with Kurain and the story with two protagonists.

Next entry will be written by planner Daigo.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think I have a new favorite piece of concept art. Thanks as usual, Ash.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Art Person

XD I don't know why AA6 needs to be "bigger" than DD. I think just a new crafty villain in the same old setting would be a nice relax to the grand scale Yamazaki feels he needs to provide. (But that's just me). That artwork though XD Political uprising!

SuperAj3 wrote:
XD I don't know why AA6 needs to be "bigger" than DD. I think just a new crafty villain in the same old setting would be a nice relax to the grand scale Yamazaki feels he needs to provide. (But that's just me). That artwork though XD Political uprising!

That drawing suggests that they seem to be going very Soviet-Union-ey on Ace Attorney.

"Objec-"

*shot*
Sig.

Gardevoir lover

Ash wrote:
A court in outer space?

Now there's an idea...

Ace attorney in the distant future starring Trucy/Apollo's biological decendant who has the surname 'Wright' (Because i don't think Phoenix is ever having a child) who takes on a galactic court with an alien prosecutor.

is a five star man.

Goddamn I love that concept art - although it also slightly worries me; I can already imagine the cheesy DD dialogue about revolution (as opposed to 'the dark age of the law') or a confrontation with the final boss where they rant at him about how friendship will revolutionize the court room. My other worry is how it might be a bit silly, and the whole 'defense attorney are outlawed' thing is a bit much. Why can't we just have some simple murder mysteries topped off with a nice moral dilemma JFA style... Although, I could also see this going the other way - AAI2 had a big, dark theme and epic bad guy with a theme of plucky underdogs versus an insurmountable evil, and that game is just fantastic so who knows - that concept art will remain brilliant however the game turns out.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Interesting update from Yamazaki. As usual, I'm annoyed at how much he values "impact". I know he's self-aware of it, but the notion of him scrambling to figure out if a courtroom in the sky or set aflame is more interesting than the other dumbfounds me. Ace Attorney doesn't belong in such an epic scope and world-shaking revelations. Just make it simple and character-driven and explore complex relationships. Also, why does he always resort to political themes? I don't really like that in this series and I haven't done so since I played AAI.

At least, I'm glad to see he at least sees something in the theme of "revolution" other than just platitudes of a lofty idea.

It concerns me still, because if you ask me I don't exactly see the "destruction of the court" as a main theme of DD aside from being a misdirective premise. The Dark Age of Law stuff did not go down well and I still can't figure out what the actual intention behind it was, but I just hope for AA6 they better let the theme of potential revolution be in the game without always reminding the player that there's gonna be "a revolution". I seriously start doubting how much of the stories Yamazaki actually makes and how much of it is the biproduct of his collegues telling him "that doesn't work" and "that doesn't work" or simply the scriptwriters taking over because they can make sense of stuff better. I like to think I underestimate his talent.

Cool picture I guess. Dunno.

EDIT: Re-reading it I realize he was probably just making continuous exaggerations going from simple ideas "evolution of court, AKA Apollo Justice" to wild ideas just to exclamate that his ideas run wild. But it's true, that mostly every game in the main series has been about something about the court. PWAA is the very basic setting, what defines good or bad lawyers, "what is justice?" etc. and then AJAA topped the trilogy in scope by introducing a revolution of the court in form of the Jurist System (later to be completely retconned) and DD attempted to tell the story of the downfall of the legal system... without really telling that story at all, but hey, kudos for trying. I always liked the sound of DD's theme, just a shame the execution was a wreck.

I hope 6 is a charm because it's 3 times two.

Last edited by linkenski on Thu May 26, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

linkenski wrote:
Interesting update from Yamazaki. As usual, I'm annoyed at how much he values "impact". I know he's self-aware of it, but the notion of him scrambling to figure out if a courtroom in the sky or set aflame is more interesting than the other dumbfounds me. Ace Attorney doesn't belong in such an epic scope and world-shaking revelations. Just make it simple and character-driven and explore complex relationships. Also, why does he always resort to political themes? I don't really like that in this series and I haven't done so since I played AAI.

At least, I'm glad to see he at least sees something in the theme of "revolution" other than just platitudes of a lofty idea.

It concerns me still, because if you ask me I don't exactly see the "destruction of the court" as a main theme of DD aside from being a misdirective premise. The Dark Age of Law stuff did not go down well and I still can't figure out what the actual intention behind it was, but I just hope for AA6 they better let the theme of potential revolution be in the game without always reminding the player that there's gonna be "a revolution". I seriously start doubting how much of the stories Yamazaki actually makes and how much of it is the biproduct of his collegues telling him "that doesn't work" and "that doesn't work" or simply the scriptwriters taking over because they can make sense of stuff better. I like to think I underestimate his talent.

Cool picture I guess. Dunno.

Hey look, it's Negative-man the most negative superhero in the WOOOOOORLD! DUN DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes, shame on me for not being overly positive when I react to something I am obviously skeptical about. If only we could all be homogenized and overly optimistic about everything we see like we're just a bunch of empty shells right?

The cape is self-fluttering

linkenski wrote:
Interesting update from Yamazaki. As usual, I'm annoyed at how much he values "impact". I know he's self-aware of it, but the notion of him scrambling to figure out if a courtroom in the sky or set aflame is more interesting than the other dumbfounds me. Ace Attorney doesn't belong in such an epic scope and world-shaking revelations. Just make it simple and character-driven and explore complex relationships.

I agree. We don't need a Michael Bay running this show.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Mia Payne

Jean Descole wrote:
linkenski wrote:
Interesting update from Yamazaki. As usual, I'm annoyed at how much he values "impact". I know he's self-aware of it, but the notion of him scrambling to figure out if a courtroom in the sky or set aflame is more interesting than the other dumbfounds me. Ace Attorney doesn't belong in such an epic scope and world-shaking revelations. Just make it simple and character-driven and explore complex relationships.

I agree. We don't need a Michael Bay running this show.

You know, I doubt that's the case at all.

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:

You seem a little too positive about that.

Mia Payne

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

You seem a little too positive about that.

I have reason to be, which I can't get into detail why.

Guys, guys. Can't we all just appreciate how everyone jumped Yamazaki and "revolutionized" his face?

I think I'm starting to figure out where the name Potdino came from.

Art Person

linkenski wrote:

I know Blizdi said this is negative but I have to agree with your concerns, linkenski. I hope the fact that Yamazaki didn't want to continue writing for AA didn't affect this game's plot at all. Maybe because Fuse was doing it with him we might see some new angle?

Mind you, Yamazaki's writing in GK2 (for me) was amazing! That game's no. 2 on my favourites list. So He can write something good! Just make things flow, keep the setting more local and make us become invested in the life of the main villain (like the first 4 games and GK2 did). Even though Matt Engarde was only in one case I was so sucked in by the plot Juan Corrida's really the only victim I forget was a victim, because he also had development. I felt nothing for Alba, and Fulbright was a shocking conclusion, but he wasn't lovable in the end (Fake him was, but we got no reassurance of his identity, or of who shot him, or of his back story or anything, it was pretty much a throw-away villain).

Now I really want to know Takumi's view on Yamazaki's direction. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't really consult with him (or at least state they did) for DD and SoJ.

Mia Payne

SuperAj3 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I know Blizdi said this is negative but I have to agree with your concerns, linkenski. I hope the fact that Yamazaki didn't want to continue writing for AA didn't affect this game's plot at all. Maybe because Fuse was doing it with him we might see some new angle?

Mind you, Yamazaki's writing in GK2 (for me) was amazing! That game's no. 2 on my favourites list. So He can write something good! Just make things flow, keep the setting more local and make us become invested in the life of the main villain (like the first 4 games and GK2 did). Even though Matt Engarde was only in one case I was so sucked in by the plot Juan Corrida's really the only victim I forget was a victim, because he also had development. I felt nothing for Alba, and Fulbright was a shocking conclusion, but he wasn't lovable in the end (Fake him was, but we got no reassurance of his identity, or of who shot him, or of his back story or anything, it was pretty much a throw-away villain).

Now I really want to know Takumi's view on Yamazaki's direction. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't really consult with him (or at least state they did) for DD and SoJ.

Talking to multiple people... people I can trust, who I know have dabbled into the demo files, and filled me in on things, say they're pretty confident with AA6's "good" factor :L

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:
Talking to multiple people... people I can trust, who I know have dabbled into the demo files, and filled me in on things, say they're pretty confident with AA6's "good" factor :L

Then why don't you make a thread about this supposed good factor instead of semengly getting annoyed at people reacting negatively to the game?

Mia Payne

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Then why don't you make a thread about this supposed good factor instead of semengly getting annoyed at people reacting negatively to the game?

Because why would I give this away? Datamine it yourself if you want to see it.

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:
Because why would I give this away? Datamine it yourself if you want to see it.

Just saying, whatever information your withholding seems to be causing you to get angry whenever someone says anything negative about AA6.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Guys, guys. Can't we all just appreciate how everyone jumped Yamazaki and "revolutionized" his face?

I think I'm starting to figure out where the name Potdino came from.

So, where does Potdino come from?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I originally intended it as a joke about Yamazaki being totally stoned when he came up with the idea (and name), but then I earnestly searched it up.

Spoiler: Implications
"potto" in Japanese can mean "pot" or it can mean "suddenly". I assume by his spontaneous nature and the lack of a potted instrument, it's the latter.

"Dīn", also spelled "Deen", is a Persian word loosely translated to "religion". Hence his status as priest.

"niwaka" in Japanese is also "sudden" or "unexpected", as well as "improvised".

"wakasu" in Japanese means "to boil" or "to excite". He is also quite the excitable guy.

A Kirby and AA fan

SuperAj3 wrote:
Now I really want to know Takumi's view on Yamazaki's direction.

Yeah, that will never happen, sadly. (I want to know too). I think he (and most Japanese people in general) would always say something positive about someone else in business. So, you'll never get someone's full, earnest thoughts. (Unless he is 100% positive about it, but I doubt it...)

Art Person

Nurio wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Yeah, that will never happen, sadly. (I want to know too). I think he (and most Japanese people in general) would always say something positive about someone else in business. So, you'll never get someone's full, earnest thoughts. (Unless he is 100% positive about it, but I doubt it...)

I remember CR tweeting this a while back:
Quote:
Bonus: their 'most impactful' games of the year:
Takumi: Picross 3D 2
Eshiro: Star Wars Battlefront
Yamazaki: Metal Gear Solid V

It really does give an insight into their thought processes. Takumi's about the puzzles, and solving a mystery, whilst Yamazaki's all about the grand-scaled cinematic story. (And Eshiro's a Star Wars nerd :hotti: )

迷探偵

Nurio wrote:

Keep in mind that Takumi is a (senior) employee of Capcom, and Yamazaki is his collegue, with whom he has worked for several years earlier and who is now the person responsible for the main series which is very, very closely connected to Takumi's own projects (and very likely, iYamazaki's games are actually creating the leverage/the room for Takumi to do his own thing). I don't think that in any (business) culture it'd be considered good practice for an employee to voice negative opinions about your own company's products, especially not that of the one thing that is most closely connected to your own job.

迷探偵

I originally intended it as a joke about Yamazaki being totally stoned when he came up with the idea (and name), but then I earnestly searched it up.

Spoiler: Implications
"potto" in Japanese can mean "pot" or it can mean "suddenly". I assume by his spontaneous nature and the lack of a potted instrument, it's the latter.

"Dīn", also spelled "Deen", is a Persian word loosely translated to "religion". Hence his status as priest.

"niwaka" in Japanese is also "sudden" or "unexpected", as well as "improvised".

"wakasu" in Japanese means "to boil" or "to excite". He is also quite the excitable guy.

Following Nintendo Dream's correction tweet, it appears that Capcom has officially changed Potdino's name from Potdino Niwakas to Potdino Nikawas. Like Hoso_boso points out, the official site too features the new spelling.

How in the world did they miss this? The name was published that way in both Famitsu and on the main site.

I suppose "kawasu" would imply something else... He has become a rather "dodgy" character the more we learn of him. (*•_•)b

Nurio wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

I think his say from the ONM article (RIP) two years ago was telling enough. He sounded like he was holding back criticism to me.

But nah, both directors are good people and wouldn't tread on each other's toes.

On another note, hey Yamazaki is a big metal gear fan? That's nice, maybe we can have more references!

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
On another note, hey Yamazaki is a big metal gear fan? That's nice, maybe we can have more references!

That actually explains that extremely forced metal gear joke in 5-3

Mia Payne

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
linkenski wrote:

That actually explains that extremely forced metal gear joke in 5-3

Excuse me? That's no more forced than "That is SPARDA." and other pop culture jokes in Takumi games.

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:
Excuse me? That's no more forced than "That is SPARDA." and other pop culture jokes in Takumi games.

I would have been fine with the reference if he just said it like "I hope it's not a snake or something..." but the fact that it went "I hope it's not a SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!" was WAY too cringeworthy.

I mean seriously that particular joke was forced.

That joke was exclusive to localization. It's got nothing to do with Yamazaki.

Page 1 of 3 [ 91 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes