Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 5[ 170 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Case two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is a general discussion thread for AA6 episode two, "Turnabout Magic Show"! Please use spoiler tags when discussing any plot points of the episode that haven't been officially announced.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Great Revival

Spoiler:
Okay, it turns out Nayuta was only the prosecutor in this one case because he gets BEATEN TO DEATH BY HIS BEADS???
also
Nayuta probably wrote:
I am saddled with unnecessary feelings

because it looks like he's the new edgey i guess
apollo was in a coffin at the end so hes obviously dead guyz spirit of justice lmao

Ready for action!

Spoiler:
Does this case reveal anything about Apollo's father? Do he and Trucy know they're siblings yet?

Yabba Dabba Doo

So...that was a case, I guess.

Spoiler:
I honestly don't know what to say. The twins, fake victim, foreclosure, etc. just made everything really confusing. Awesome case, but there was just so much going on.

Also, not a fan of the 1-day investigation, 1-day trial thing, but I can live with it.

Great Revival

Lhancat wrote:
Spoiler:
Does this case reveal anything about Apollo's father? Do he and Trucy know they're siblings yet?

Spoiler:
Nothing about Apollo's father I don't think. Though I'm pretty sure Mr. Hat is his father...
And I don't know about the second question but I hope so??

Yabba Dabba Doo

Oliver wrote:
Lhancat wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nothing about Apollo's father I don't think. Though I'm pretty sure Mr. Hat is his father...
And I don't know about the second question but I hope so??

Spoiler:
I think Bolt would've said something about it during the stream, so I highly doubt they know yet.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I'll write up my full thoughts tomorrow, but here is an accurate audio representation of this case

Also to answer the above questions:

Spoiler: 6-2 general
Nothing direct about Apollo's dad. And Trucy and Apollo still don't know they're related (though I thought Phoenix was gonna tell them at one point, but, nope, I guess)

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Art Person

This case was fantastic! I was hooked the whole time!
Spoiler: Trial spoiler stuff
I loved the Nanano Twins. They need to join the agency!

I shall aid the soul of this sinner.

Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay, it turns out Nayuta was only the prosecutor in this one case because he gets BEATEN TO DEATH BY HIS BEADS???
also
Nayuta probably wrote:

apollo was in a coffin at the end so hes obviously dead guyz spirit of justice lmao

Spoiler:
Is there a gif of Nayuta getting "beaten to death with his beads" anywhere?

Great Revival

hinata2000100 wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:
also
Nayuta probably wrote:

Spoiler:
Is there a gif of Nayuta getting "beaten to death with his beads" anywhere?

Spoiler:
No, but trust me it totally happened. He's dead. Victim in case 5.
Seriously though, there really should be a GIF of it... Maybe when the video of the stream's up I'll try to, but I bet someone will have made it already. :yogi:

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
So what actually happened in this case?

In bullet points if possible.

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:
Seriously though, there really should be a GIF of it... Maybe when the video of the stream's up I'll try to, but I bet someone will have made it already. :yogi:

Spoiler:
Please tell me that's fake.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yabba Dabba Doo

ApolloGrimoire wrote:
Spoiler:
So what actually happened in this case?

In bullet points if possible.

I didn't completely understand it but I think it went something like this...
Spoiler:
Menyo (the green magician) was stabbed, Trucy is arrested.

Apollo takes her case and investigates the crime scene.

Pretty soon Shiniyama (The RDJ lookalike) shows a forged document saying that the WAA owes him 3 million yen.

Apollo and Athena then hear Mimi and RDJ talking, Mimi then turns evil.

Shinoyama then begins to foreclose the agency.

Trial starts, Apollo shows that Mimi has a twin named Kiki

Shinoyama is then prove to be Menyo, and the victim was a fan of Menyo. Apollo then proved that Shinoyama killed the victim without being at the show. Menyo breaks down, and the case ends.

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
What the heck did I just read? :beef:

Case 1 looked simple and this looks like case 2 threw simplicitiy out the window. :payne:

Yabba Dabba Doo

ApolloGrimoire wrote:
Spoiler:
What the heck did I just read? :beef:

Case 1 looked simple and this looks like case 2 threw simplicitiy out the window. :payne:

Hopefully Bolt will upload the video soon. It's really hard to understand without seeing it.

Also the case took 5 hours, so...

~chansey~

Second case was also good! The game has been very enjoyable so far.

Spoiler: About the Prosecutor
Well he is unique among prosecutors, that is for sure. He is basically reasonable when it comes to everything except for the possibility of someone else than the accused being guilty. The "satoran!" thing is also pretty funny. I also like how he is kinda in the back the whole time, just kinda let stuff happen before he puts stuff back on track for him. It kinda fit how they described him too, as a prosecutor who dictates the pace in his favour. Several other examples was how he had prepared evidence in advice to counter anything the defense could come up with.

Spoiler: About the Culprit
This case really was a blast back to Apollo Justice, and it kinda had the good feelings from that game. I like how they expanded on Trucy's family history, and how it came back to haunt her here. The culprit was nice, although pretty obvious, since he had such an outspoken hate towards Trucy. As for Trucy, she hasn't had any development since Apollo Justice so I can live with her being the defendant here. It also builds on what was started in case 1, with every case being a matter of life or death for major persons in Ace Attorney, thus adding gloom to the setting.

Spoiler: About the Case
Kinda... Hard? Like most of the contradictions weren't totally obvious, and you had to do some thinking, and it really took several twists and turns. I can buy most of it too; a case about a Magic Show with only magicians involved needs to be a bit crazy!

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
So does Trucy and Apollo's mother get a mention?

You think she would've heard that Trucy is being accused of murder.

Chauzu wrote:
Second case was also good! The game has been very enjoyable so far.

Spoiler: About the Culprit
This case really was a blast back to Apollo Justice, and it kinda had the good feelings from that game. I like how they expanded on Trucy's family history, and how it came back to haunt her here. The culprit was nice, although pretty obvious, since he had such an outspoken hate towards Trucy. As for Trucy, she hasn't had any development since Apollo Justice so I can live with her being the defendant here. It also builds on what was started in case 1, with every case being a matter of life or death for major persons in Ace Attorney, thus adding gloom to the setting.

Spoiler: About the Case
Kinda... Hard? Like most of the contradictions weren't totally obvious, and you had to do some thinking, and it really took several twists and turns. I can buy most of it too; a case about a Magic Show with only magicians involved needs to be a bit crazy!

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:
Menyo (the green magician) was stabbed, Trucy is arrested.

Apollo takes her case and investigates the crime scene.

Pretty soon Shiniyama (The RDJ lookalike) shows a forged document saying that the WAA owes him 3 million yen.

Apollo and Athena then hear Mimi and RDJ talking, Mimi then turns evil.

Shinoyama then begins to foreclose the agency.

Trial starts, Apollo shows that Mimi has a twin named Kiki

Shinoyama is then prove to be Menyo, and the victim was a fan of Menyo. Apollo then proved that Shinoyama killed the victim without being at the show. Menyo breaks down, and the case ends.

Spoiler:
How did they expand Trucy's family story? And, if Shinoyama is Menyo, then is he the green Gramarye in the poster?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Spoiler:
How did they expand Trucy's family story? And, if Shinoyama is Menyo, then is he the green Gramarye in the poster?
[/quote]

Spoiler:
Shinoyama was the Green Gramarye in the poster. However at some point prior to the events of Turnabout Succession, he was forced to leave. He since held a grudge against the Troupe. Basically all the bad things that happen to Trucy and the Agency in the episode was a part of his revenge plot. The Menyo who died was basically an unwitting pawn who only existed to be a murder victim in Shinoyama's plan.

Other things to note:

Spoiler:
Ema does have a Snackoo eating animation. Don't worry about that.

Trucy has one testimony that involves literally going through the motions of her magic act. You see her full body and no witness stand.

After the twin reveal, both Mimi and Kiki testify at the same time. No witness contradicting each other like PLvsAA.

The two camera footage comparison comes up when Apollo has to prove Trucy did her entire sword switch act correctly. He compares the official TV station footage vs footage taken by a... creepy stalker who hid backstage.

Last edited by WarChild on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~chansey~

Spoiler:
[/quote]

Spoiler:
Hm, I guess the family story in itself wasn't expanded much, except for adding Mr. Menyo. We got to know more about why Trucy is the way she is though, that it is passed on in her family, and she has learned to always smile from her grandfather's book. We also got to know that Lamiroir has been keeping in touch, since she had sent Trucy a flower boquet for her own magic show debut.

WarChild wrote:
Spoiler:
Shinoyama was the Green Gramarye in the poster. However at some point prior to the events of Turnabout Succession, he was forced to leave. He since held a grudge against the Troupe. Basically all the bad things that happen to Trucy and the Agency in the episode was a part of his revenge plot. The Menyo who died was basically an unwitting pawn who only existed to be a murder victim in Shinoyama's plan.

Spoiler:
Well... that's a bad retcon. I mean: Menyo was never shown in any of the Gramarye's posters/pictures back in AJ and it was made quite clear that the Troupe only consisted of Zak, Valant, Thalassa and Magnifi. Then in SoJ that poster shows up all of a sudden. I don't know what to think now.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Slammer wrote:
WarChild wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well... that's a bad retcon. I mean: Menyo was never shown in any of the Gramarye's posters/pictures back in AJ and it was made quite clear that the Troupe only consisted of Zak, Valant, Thalassa and Magnifi. Then in SoJ that poster shows up all of a sudden. I don't know what to think now.

Spoiler: 6-2 backstory
Menyo was in the troupe as of 10 years ago, which is a year before Magnifi's death. I can't recall if he was a full-fledged member or only provisional, but Magnifi drove him out pretty hard. So it's definitely a retcon, but you can kind of believe he'd be gone from all the Troupe's materials a year later.

Wooster wrote:

1000% Knight

oh god yamashino is awesomeeeeeee
Spoiler:
or rather, Mr. Mensho is. Sure it takes a long time for the reveal, but holy wow

EDIT: Finished the case.
Spoiler:
When Mensho was like, "You didn't see through my magic! If that pesky defense attorney wasn't here, you'd be going to hell! YOU LOSE, GRAMARYES, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!" that would've been literally the perfect moment for
:apollo: : Actually... I'm a Gramarye too.
Too bad it didn't happen.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
oh god yamashino is awesomeeeeeee

Agreed.

Spoiler: Case 2 Spoilers
Some guy on gaf panned him saying his design/animations were bad, and I couldn't believe it. He's seriously one of my favorite designs ever, and although I only watched Bolt's stream, so I don't know his dialogue, everything I know about him makes him so awesome. Especially his animations.

Oliver wrote:
Spoiler: potential spoiler case 5

I seriously hope this is a joke because I'm not expected to find a case 5 spoiler without warning here.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Manecleis wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Spoiler: potential spoiler case 5

I seriously hope this is a joke because I'm not expected to find a case 5 spoiler without warning here.

Spoiler: Answer to Manecleis
Its a joke

1000% Knight

Haven't read all the tags in this thread, but thinking back, there's something that doesn't make sense to me...
Spoiler: case 2
How/when did Yamashino make the forged note to Mimi? We see Trucy make her signature during intermission, and Mimi says she found the note before she went onto the stage, so... how the heck did Yamashino take the note out of clipboard and put it in the dressing room with his oh-so-perfect alibi?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

So, is this really only a 1-day case? If so, how come? I just beat the first case myself and going by the setup and everything I love the premise for this case and the direction this game is taking in general.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
So, is this really only a 1-day case? If so, how come? I just beat the first case myself and going by the setup and everything I love the premise for this case and the direction this game is taking in general.

clearly because the developers are lazy

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:

Probably to give Trucy as little screen time as possible while still giving her just enough to justify not kicking her off the cast.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bad Player wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I don't see this as laziness at all. Both the investigation and trial are quite long and detailed IMO.

1000% Knight

Thunder84 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I don't see this as laziness at all. Both the investigation and trial are quite long and detailed IMO.

sarcasm

Yabba Dabba Doo

Bad Player wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

sarcasm

As you can see, I clearly am the best at recognizing sarcasm :godot:

So wait... it's LITERALLY a 1-day episode? It doesn't switch over to Nick afterwards or anything? So there's only case 3 and 5 as actual fully fledged cases? O.o

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
So wait... it's LITERALLY a 1-day episode? It doesn't switch over to Nick afterwards or anything? So there's only case 3 and 5 as actual fully fledged cases? O.o

Unfortunately yes.

On the plus side this means that if i'm thinking this right, Athena is only an assistant for one and a half cases.

Yabba Dabba Doo

linkenski wrote:

Well...not really. It's one investigation and one trial segment. However, both are extremely long (the case was 5-6 hours I believe). This is indeed a full fledged case.

Hot Dog

It just changes the investigation-trial-investigation-trial structure, but I think it's a full-fledged case nevertheless. We will have to wait and see how the change works, I mean, I suppose that they made the change for a reason.

I can't really think of any beyond "It would be cool" or "I don't want to write two entire days of this case. It's too much plotting!"

Gardevoir lover

Maybe they just wanted to get Trucy's case over with as fast as possible before moving on to Maya's in case 3 as that one's traditional length?

Yabba Dabba Doo

linkenski wrote:
I can't really think of any beyond "It would be cool" or "I don't want to write two entire days of this case. It's too much plotting!"

With how the case is written, splitting it into two trial days would not have worked at all IMO. Honestly, I'm very happy that this case is one day, since two days would drop the quality significantly.
Page 1 of 5 [ 170 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)