Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

X-DayTopic%20Title

WOOSH!!!

i just got the series yesterday and ive reread it 3 times. thats how much i loved it. it makes me as well treat others better(despite the fact im a lot like polaris.)

Spoiler:
if you dont know what it is, its about 3 high school students and a teacher who want to bomb their school. the theme of the series is lonliness(which i think i can relate to which is why i really liked it)

anyways, i hope some others can take a look at this series and view their opinions
IT WORKS!!! I AM ONE CAN SHORT OF A SIX PACK!!!
You know, theres a lot of Franziska+Adrian sketches, but I'd like to see some Adrian+Maggey sketches.
Holy Hell wrote:
Europonians? On my internet? Naah, couldn't be.
Re: X-DayTopic%20Title

stirring

"The characters find solace in each other; a major topic of the manga is loneliness. All of the characters implode inside as their problems condense. Janglian is stalked by his boss's daughter, 11 can't deal with a younger girl's presumed superiority, Mr. Money has an abusive mother, and Polaris is crippled by shyness when she is not dressed as a gothic lolita. They deal with their problems through helping each other."

Sounds like a lame philosophical manga.. or just Shojo. M i rite?
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Impossachievable!

I dunno what your cup of tea is - but I enjoyed both volumes of X-Day and wished that the creator had continued working on the series.

The art is very pretty, the story not necessarily 'realistic' so much as it feels 'real'.

It'll either be something that appeals to you or won't, really. :D It's not shoujo, though the art is fairly like that. And I don't consider it a philosophical manga (nor lame) either.

I'd consider it a high school drama with the focus not being directed at romance (though there is some of that). The focus of the story is more on the four main characters and the angst and drama going on in their personal life and how that causes them to bond with each other.

stirring

Hm, seems to remind me of Paranoia Agent so far, which was a godly piece of awesome. While X-Day and PA don't sound very similar, from what I've read so far, they share some common themes.

I'll check out the rest, as it's short, but I'm not expected to be blown away. :o
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

WOOSH!!!

i wrote a review for it

http://www.derrickds.proboards84.com/in ... 1174526306

like i said, im a lot like polaris(despite the fact that im a guy)
You know, theres a lot of Franziska+Adrian sketches, but I'd like to see some Adrian+Maggey sketches.
Holy Hell wrote:

Impossachievable!

I think what I like best about the series has nothing to do with the series. >_>

In the back of volume two there's a manga short story that made me weep. Everyone I showed it to had the same reaction (and we're talking people in their 20s here who by and large are not emokids - okay, the guy who read it and cried is an emo kid). It's very powerful. :B

X-Day itself is good, but not overwhelmingly powerful. I'd suggest if you use Half.com you get it there. :) I'm not entirely certain it'd be worth forking over $20 for a brand new pair of books.

WOOSH!!!

i got both volumes for around $5 total on amazon
Holy Hell wrote:
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios