Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 4 of 7[ 252 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: The music of Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yash K. Productions wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
Blackquill's is also the same, alas.

Also, does anyone know what the title is for bgm_051 of the ripped OST? I really love this one- it's like a mad banjo duel- but I have no idea what it's called.

Mad banjo duel?
Potdino Nikawas maybe?

It's the theme of the Khura'inese Bird Princess (The actual legend, not Torisaman).

Track 51 is easily my favorite non-court theme in the game (Except maybe Japan core). It's really intense, and really fits the description of "Bird Princess".
Spoiler: Case 3
IIRC it's also used in context with the Khura'in vigilante, where the song also fits quite well.

I listened to the soundtrack, and well... it feels off to me. My impression is: some tracks had to be done so they did something, and that's pretty much it. Musics that are bland (Confess the Truth) or miss the point (Pursuit, Logic) are abundant. Some of them, I get that they were trying different things, but they lacked something to be solid.
And it's a shame to notice that when you have, in the same ost, amazing tracks like Cross-Examination (both) or a lot of the Khura'inese musics (Nayuta's theme, Khura'in trial).

In the end, the ost as a whole feels unbalanced, and ultimately way weaker than, for example, DGS's soundtrack which was coherent and powerful.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'm getting some Xenoblade vibes from bgm_102. It sounds like it was composed by Manami Kiyota.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ace Fangirl

Thunder84 wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
Also, does anyone know what the title is for bgm_051 of the ripped OST? I really love this one- it's like a mad banjo duel- but I have no idea what it's called.

It's the theme of the Khura'inese Bird Princess (The actual legend, not Torisaman).

Track 51 is easily my favorite non-court theme in the game (Except maybe Japan core). It's really intense, and really fits the description of "Bird Princess".
Spoiler: Case 3
IIRC it's also used in context with the Khura'in vigilante, where the song also fits quite well.

Oooh, wonderful! Thanks so much!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Athena's theme is kinda meh this time around. In DD it was one of my favourite songs, and it sounded so much more triumphant there.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The miracle never happen

Manecleis wrote:
I listened to the soundtrack, and well... it feels off to me. My impression is: some tracks had to be done so they did something, and that's pretty much it. Musics that are bland (Confess the Truth) or miss the point (Pursuit, Logic) are abundant. Some of them, I get that they were trying different things, but they lacked something to be solid.
And it's a shame to notice that when you have, in the same ost, amazing tracks like Cross-Examination (both) or a lot of the Khura'inese musics (Nayuta's theme, Khura'in trial).

In the end, the ost as a whole feels unbalanced, and ultimately way weaker than, for example, DGS's soundtrack which was coherent and powerful.

Ooh boy, you and I have some VERY different views on soundtracks... I hated DGS but I love this one, it's got a mix of an Apollo Justice/DD soundtrack and First Game soundtrack, so I personally love it, but I hated the orchestral soundtrack of DGS, it didn't seem to fit for an Ace Attorney game.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Yabba Dabba Doo

Manecleis wrote:

I honestly never got attached to DGS's soundtrack. While I love the pursuit theme and a few others, most of it sounded rather bland to me. Of course, I haven't gone through each case but just from listening to it I'm pretty mixed.

Ace Fangirl

Personally, I love love LOVE the DGS OST. I like how so many characters have their own thememusic and I like the reasoning music, and and and... I know it's Laytony, but considering the setting, that's totally okay in my book. It fits well.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I haven't played DGS beyond the first case, but I also love the music from the Joint Reasoning themes (so groovy despite of the classical instrumentation) the Cross Examination themes are IMHO the very best themes of the franchise it's just incredibly joyous and well-composed, the character themes are nice, Pusuit is top-3 next to PWAA's and AJAA's and keeps the flow going which is a huge plus, Core is great, Tell The Truth is also great; It's a really solild score from what I've heard and played. Yeah, I can imagine it's nice to play AA5 or previous games afterwards and reexperience a more traditional soundscape for the series again, but DGS to me feels like the symphonic glory of PLvPWAA but tightened up and less noisy.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Deception&&contradiction

Amen, nice to see someone who can enjoy the refinement that DGS brings. It's not super popular, just good is the hearsay from most.
It makes this game's OST a let down even if it has some good surprise hits. DGS overall had very good tracks all-around :yogi:

迷探偵

I can't say I was really impressed by AA6's soundtrack either. Some good atmospheric themes in Kurain, but nothing really memorable. Maybe it's just me getting tired of five times Iwadare as the composer, but I really wouldn't mind having another composer for each main game again, like it used to be. I really loved how each soundtrack had a really unique feel to them.

The DGS soundtrack on the other hand was amazing. It had me humming along all the time while I was playing it.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Now that at least 2 people here have beaten it, did you notice if this game actually only had Iwadare as the only composer? Some themes sound like stuff he wouldn't usually make; some is Monster Hunter-esque and some is AJAA-esque but I guess he's a good imitator as well.

But it kinda bums me overall that this feels like the first Ace Attorney that doesn't exactly have a stellar soundtrack. For all of how JFA pretty much botched the most important ones like Objection or Cross Examination, it had a really awesome new Core theme, a great Court Begins (IMO) and heck, it introduced Edgeworth's signature theme that has been remixed at least a thousand times by Iwadare by now.

Also, what the heck is Masakasu Sugimori doing? Why can't they just get him now that Takumi has a bunch of new composers and can't make Ghost Trick 2 any time soon?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
Now that at least 2 people here have beaten it, did you notice if this game actually only had Iwadare as the only composer? Some themes sound like stuff he wouldn't usually make; some is Monster Hunter-esque and some is AJAA-esque but I guess he's a good imitator as well.

Yeah, I thought so, too. Take
Spoiler: Case 5 spoiler character
Amara's theme
for example. I'm getting some amazing Xenoblade vibes from it.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Anyone think we'll have the soundtrack indicate the Investigation tracks as "home" and "abroad"? For example,
Quote:
捜査〜核心2016(日本)and 捜査〜核心2016(異国)

could become
Quote:
Investigation ~ Core 2016 (Home) and Investigation ~ Core 2016 (Abroad)

when translated.

Clarion of Revelations

I really like the Opening Statement song!
Does this mean each new game will have a song for the opening statement too?

迷探偵

Anyone think we'll have the soundtrack indicate the Investigation tracks as "home" and "abroad"? For example,
Quote:
捜査〜核心2016(日本)and 捜査〜核心2016(異国)

The OST is scheduled in a week or so, so I guess we'll find out soon, but if they were to go the way you suggested, I hope that at least they go with either 日本 - クライン(王国), or 本邦 - 異国 or something like that, and don't juxtapose names of countries with nouns with relative meanings. It looks weird ^_~
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

^Try comparing the first part of both the English and Japanese Maya trailers. It says "Abroad and at home" and "《異国》と《日本》2つの国で".

迷探偵

I know what they use; that doesn't mean I think it looks right in Japanese ^_~ Abroad VS Home is a juxtaposition I think works, but Japan VS Abroad is different, because one is a specific country, and the other a non-specific noun that changes meaning depending on context. It looks better if both words are actually counterparts.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I personally hope it's just "California" and "Khura'in". I don't see any reason to make it more complicated.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thunder84 wrote:
I personally hope it's just "California" and "Khura'in". I don't see any reason to make it more complicated.

Correction: "United States" and "Khura'in".

Athena Internet Defense Force

So I just discovered the Troupe Gramarye theme is in this game and now I'm wondering what they used it for.

I've been guessing it's Mimi's theme.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Thunder84 wrote:

Correction: "United States" and "Khura'in".

Ehh, I hope not. They're in California, and saying "Core - The United States" just sounds weird to me.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
So I just discovered the Troupe Gramarye theme is in this game and now I'm wondering what they used it for.

I've been guessing it's Mimi's theme.

Mimi gets a different theme. Troupe Gramarye is simply for Troupe Gramarye.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

By the way, if the timeline of AA5's soundtrack is something to go by, the track listing of the soundtrack should appear on sites like Amazon just a few days before the actual release, so perhaps somewhere around this weekend?

Wotter boy

Listening to the music more and more, it grows on me.
I'm very attached to it.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I honestly wish the Khura'in tracks were more diverse. Some of them sound almost identical, and it's really easy to forget them TBH.

However, I really like all of the US themes in the game.

Wotter boy

Thunder84 wrote:
I honestly wish the Khura'in tracks were more diverse. Some of them sound almost identical, and it's really easy to forget them TBH.

However, I really like all of the US themes in the game.

I love the US side of the game more too...
But that just might be because I like Apollo and Athena more as well

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, is the tracklist out yet?

Yabba Dabba Doo

So, is the tracklist out yet?

From what I can tell, not yet. The tracklist is not on the Amazon page, at least.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, will the soundtrack be uploaded?

元・超会社員級の管理人

As per usual, we won't be hosting any rips of the official OST.

On a more personal note, for a variety of reasons I won't be uploading the OST to my channel.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

That's a shame. I really wanted to hear the cutscene tracks.

Wotter boy

That's a shame. I really wanted to hear the cutscene tracks.

You probably can, SOMEONE will upload the OST to YT.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Amazon Japan also ships internationally, though of course the international shipping's a bit expensive.

A little surprised that absolutely no tracklist has turned up! IIRC DGS and AA5 both released their tracklists at least a few days before release, and this should (technically) be out in about 9 hours. Well, guess we'll see what it looks like then.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

迷探偵

Depending on the weight of your purchase, CD Japan can be a lot cheaper than Amazon (also with books by the way).

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

We got tracklist!

Spoiler: Disc 1
静かな祈り
逆転裁判6・序章
クラインの町 ~ぶらり異国旅
法廷休憩室 ~革命の序曲
逆転裁判6・開廷 ~異国の地で
ロジック・コンストラクト
尋問 ~モデラート2016
奉納舞
御魂の託宣 ~最期の光景
御魂の託宣 ~魂は訴える
成歩堂龍一 ~異議あり! 2016
ポットディーノ ~Ethnic music
ポットディーノ ~Head-Banging
尋問 ~アレグロ 2016
追求 ~追いつめあって
真実は告げる 2016
ジングル ~ホッと一息
或真敷一座 2016
It's show time!
捜査 ~序盤 2016
宝月茜 ~カガクの刑事 2016
留置所 ~冷たい壁のエレジー
捜査 ~核心 2016
法廷休憩室 ~真実への序曲
逆転裁判6・開廷
ナユタ ~トムライの検事
事件の輪郭
王泥喜法介 ~新章開廷! 2016
Mr.メンヨー ~仮面の魔術師
追憶 ~いつでも笑顔で
始祖 ~クラインの教え
たのしげな人々
聖域
綾里真宵 ~逆転姉妹のテーマ 2016
捜査 ~異国の地で・序盤

Spoiler: Disc 2
鳥姫 ~クラインの守護者
レイファ・パドマ・クライン ~勝気な姫巫女さま
革命派 ~反逆の龍
留置所 ~鉄格子のエレジー
捜査 ~異国の地で・核心
追憶 ~最後の語らい
冥界戦士トリサマン
追憶 ~サヨナラをもう一度
おかしな人々
旋風亭美風 ~爆笑タイフーン
希月心音 ~法廷の革命児 2016
追憶 ~それぞれの想い
ドゥルク ~龍は屈せず
倉院の里 2016
清木まさはる ~清き一票を!
謁見の間
法廷革命 ~集え、旗のもとに
解き放たれし者
追いつめられたハート
あきらめの法廷
追求 ~追いつめあって_バリエーション
追憶 ~受け継がれる想い
勝訴! ~それぞれの勝利
逆転裁判6・終幕
大津部雫 ~バージンロードを歩いて
矢張政志 ~事件の影にやっぱりオレ 2016
Will you marry me?

I translated a few of them myself:
Spoiler:
"Quiet Prayer" (I assume this is the title screen music)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire
Confess the Truth 2016
Spirit of Justice ~ Court Begins in a Foreign Country
Investigation ~ Opening 2016
Investigation ~ Core 2016
Investigation in a Foreign Country ~ Opening
Investigation in a Foreign Country ~ Core
Courtroom Lobby ~ Prelude to the Truth
Courtroom Lobby ~ Revolutionary Prelude
Druk ~ A Dragon Never Yields
Joyful People
Funny People
Jingle ~ Sigh of Relief
Shizuku Ootsubu ~ Walking Down the Aisle
Revolutionaries ~ Dragons of Rebellion

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

Pursuit ~ Cornering Together

Great! Now we just need to translate it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I translated a few myself:

"Quiet Prayer" (I assume this is the title screen music)
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016
Confess the Truth 2016
Spirit of Justice ~ Court Begins in a Foreign Country
Investigation ~ Opening 2016
Investigation ~ Core 2016
Investigation in a Foreign Country ~ Opening
Investigation in a Foreign Country ~ Core
Courtroom Lobby ~ Prelude to the Truth
Courtroom Lobby ~ Revolutionary Prelude
Druk ~ A Dragon Never Yields
Joyful People
Funny People
Jingle ~ Sigh of Relief
Shizuku Ootsubu ~ Walking Down the Aisle
Revolutionaries ~ Dragons of Rebellion
Logic Construct

Yabba Dabba Doo

Ash wrote:
Pursuit ~ Cornering Together

Is that the actual title? If so, it's one of the worst IMO.
Page 4 of 7 [ 252 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)