Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 40 posts ]

Takumi tweets on the anime (updated weekly)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Quick translation of a series of tweets by Takumi today, in preparation for the start of the anime tomorrow. Note that Takumi states the show will run for half a year (so two cour).

Quote:
Good night, everyone.
Last time, I told you I was present when they dubbed the first episode of the anime “Ace Attorney” but… tomorrow, that very same first episode will be broadcast!
Takumi here, even more nervous than I had imagined.

I thought about what this sense of tension is, different from when a game I myself worked on is released. Even though I was partly involved with the script and the dubbing session, the anime is something I “entrusted” to Director Watanabe and the animation staff, so I guess this is that special nervousness of someone who is neither “Creator” nor “Viewer”, someone between both worlds.

Anyway. Lately, I’ve been visiting the dubbing studio in Tokyo every week by Shinkansen from Osaka. For this dubbing business trip, I can basically manage as long as I have the script with me, so to me, who often forgets things, this should be an easy business trip… but I had a very shocking “forgotten item experience” this time.

No, I wasn’t so clumsy as to take the wrong script with me. Dubbing is serious work, so I threw it in my bag after checking. The problem was…”forgetting everything else.” By which I mean, “my wallet” and “my phone.”

I had already placed my Shinkansen ticket and my ICOCA card (it’s the SUICA card in the east) in my pocket in advance, so I had no problems getting through the ticket gate. Inside the train, I did my work on my Pomera, so it wasn’t only after I had smartly stepped off on the platform of Shinagawa Station, it was at that very moment that I had finally noticed my “unbelievably big mistake”.

“Well there” I said and I opened my bag… That feeling when I saw only a flimsy script there… As if I had been thrown naked into the concrete jungle of the metropolis. Ultimate anxiety and loneliness. …Ah, so I am just a weak, lonely being…

We are born on our own, and die on our own…
But when presented with that “truth” in front of me… Objection to your truth!
For those who have enough of doing the same every day, and want something to stimulate the heart, try it yourself. Your heart will at the least make a jump.

I survived that heartwarming incident. And tomorrow, the anime “Ace Attorney” will start. I heard through the grapevine that in the world of TV anime, the ratings are important. Depending on this, something else might follow. 17:30. I hope you’ll be sitting in front of the TV.

By the way, on Gyakuten Tsuhin they’ll post a two-part a chat between me and Director Watanabe (under the title “Discussion”) this and next week. Please check it out.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/gy ... mpaign=sns

And they also made Ace Attorney 15th anniversary website. “15 years? Is that an April Fools joke?” you might think, but it’s real. The statute of limitations for DL6 is nearing… Oh no. to think the statute of limitations was actually abolished.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/15th/

Anime “Ace Attorney”. Starting tomorrow April 2nd, 17:30. I’d be happy if you could see it real-time and become a “witness” to this first court battle! Please “watch warmly over” this show this half year.
http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Takumi tweets (Anime, series length)Topic%20Title

The Law 'Shark'

I hope this does well - I ALSO hope that the quality of the show itself is up to par, but right now I just want it to get good ratings, although lets face it, it probably will! :P
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

迷探偵

Everyone here is giving their thoughts on the first episode, and Takumi was no exception today:

Quote:
Good night everyone!
The “Ace Attorney” anime series has finally started today.
What happened after the trial that ended so cheerfully?
Takumi here, who can’t wait until next week after this unexpected curtain drop.

So having seen the completed first episode, I have to say it’s become a hot series. The trial scenes form a tightly structured drama set in an enclosed space, characters who talk each other down at a high pace, evidence flying around…

After that familiar ‘good old” opening, it’s became a quick ride and a very dense thirty minutes.

The “newbieness” of Phoenix, the “mentorness” of Mia, the “troubleness” of Larry, the “frenziness” of Sawhit”, the “loserness” of Payne, the “weirdness” of the judge were all great. And how brave to have a first episode with a cast of only these six people.

It was a fun show, also because of it dared to go there. Like Johnny’s West is singing so refreshingly: “If you’re going to do it, go out with a full assault” and as the creator, I am touched by that spirit and attitude.

And it’s really perfect that at exactly “those” moments, those familiar melodies play. I made the original games, but how should I put it,
I have to admit that I get all heated up like a sort of automatic reflex. But I don’t have to explain that it’s because the presentation of the episode was so good.

“Eh? Ace Attorney? An anime? Today? I missed it!” By the way, for those who have been so silly and clumsy, Yomiuri TV has “MyDo!”, for programs you’ve missed. What a times we live in now! http://www.ytv.co.jp/mydo/gyakuten/

Anyway. This first episode was “a greeting”. Next week, our heroine will appear: Maya! The story will make a big turnabout. Please keep watching ‘Ace Attorney”. Bye!

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

The "Loserness" of Payne, hahahaha! Excellent xD
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

For those curious as to the contents of Takumi's tweets today, it basically boils down to: "Ratings mean everything, so please watch this live on the TV if you can."

Art Person

Poor Takumi :larry: I know that feeling of travelling so far then realise you forgot something

Ash wrote:
For those curious as to the contents of Takumi's tweets today, it basically boils down to: "Ratings mean everything, so please watch this live on the TV if you can."

I wonder if crunchyroll counts to ratings, seeing as it's only airing in Japan and I want to support the show as much as possible!

迷探偵

SuperAj3 wrote:
I wonder if crunchyroll counts to ratings, seeing as it's only airing in Japan and I want to support the show as much as possible!

I very much doubt Crunchyroll's streaming count for anything. You should remember: the anime is not produced by Capcom alone, it's co-produced with Yomiuri TV (in cooperation with A1 Pictures). For Yomiuri TV, the most important thing is to have a solid show on that timeslot on their channel that can attract a certain number of viewers. Streaming afterwards and stuff are good as an extra, but that's only a secondary goal for them. The actual TV broadcast is their main focus (as opposed to shorter TV series that haul in the money through home-video releases).

17:30~18:00 on a Saturday is fairly important slot for anime on Japanese TV, and the previous show on that slot has ranked into the Top 10 best rated TV anime every week consistently, together with Detective Conan which starts at 18:00. So YTV naturally wants a series that can do at least as good as that.

The anime actually ranked pretty high this week, like, one of the top 10

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -3/.100796

Great start

That could very well be because of the novelty, though. The time slot was already popular, so it's natural for people to be curious and watch it while waiting for Detective Coman. The next few chapters will be the real test.

MH MD wrote:
The anime actually ranked pretty high this week, like, one of the top 10

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -3/.100796

Great start

Nice to hear. I bet a lot of views come from fans of the series as well. But fans aside, I think the briskness and the sense of being kinda ordinary despite of having the shonen touches and its down-to-earth main cast is going to win a lot of people over if it is maintained well throughout the upcoming episodes.

The presentation in terms of the crappy 3D courtroom and audience members is sure to turn a lot of people away too, but I'm still thinking the positives can outweigh the negatives.

迷探偵

Takumi's tweeted a bit on today's episode again, looking back at how the script was written last year. It contains (very minor) spoilers for the episode, so read at your own risk.

Quote:
Good evening, everyone.
Have you seen episode 2 of the “Ace Attorney” anime, “Turnabout Sisters, 1st Trial”? With suspense derived from the case, as well emotional human drama, this was a memorable episode with a different taste from episode 1’s “courtroom battle”.

Each episode, I nervously watch on as I finally get to see how the text-based script I too worked on has been turned into a visual work. This is a very new sensation. Even scenes that do exist in the game are been interpreted in a different way, and it’s really thought-provoking.

As for the flow of the script of the anime series is made: Director Watanabe and everyone of the scenario team first prepare the “preliminary script”, and we meet once a week to put our heads together over that. What is thrilling is that during these talks, “chemical reactions” happen, leading to new drama.

I think we talked about episode 2 in September of last year. We were still figuring out this “team work”, and how often I should meet with him. And it was during such a talk we had our first memorable “chemical reaction”.

The scene at the end… Director Watanabe had been focusing on the motif of “cherry blossoms” from the start, and to show Phoenix’ resolve, he thought of that dramatic shot of Phoenix’ back, a scene not present in the game.

I read the preliminary script and thought it might be better to show Phoenix’ desperation more clearly, so I proposed the part of the “notebook”. And then we tried using both of these ideas. That’s how that scene came to be.

Episode 2 is also the first time Maya and Edgeworth appear, so during dubbing, we recorded as we carefully explored the characters. The scene with Phoenix and Maya is a personal favorite because of the trademark Director Watanabe feeling, and I had been looking forward to seeing it being animated.

Unlike a game, which by the time it arrives in the hands of everyone is already completed, anime which are still being produced even after the premiere have a different kind of tension surrounding them. It might be too early to look back at them already as memories.

Anyway. Next week the curtain will finally rise on the first battle between Phoenix and Edgeworth. Let’s all look forward to “Turnabout Sisters, 2nd Trial”. Until next time.

Re: Takumi tweets on the anime (updated weekly)Topic%20Title

Igi ari!

New tweets from Takumi about 12 hours ago. He seems to talk about the anime OP, last week's episode and the incoming episode. I don't understand everything though. Someone translate it for us please? Also, can someone confirm if it's Takumi who wrote the lyrics for anime OP? I am getting this feeling that he did.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I don't think Takumi was the one who wrote the lyrics, but he's sure fond of them.

Mr. Takumi wrote:
Everyone, good evening.
This week, the opening theme for the Ace Attorney anime, "Gyakuten Winners", is now on sale. Preorders can get a bonus disk featuring a cool PV, so please hurry and check by. I'm secretly pumped up to completely master Johnny's West-senpai's dance.

Such a coincidence... The downloadable version of "Ace Attorney Trilogy" on the 3DS is now at half-price for a limited time during the "Spring Half-Price Sale". Make sure you check it out at this chance.
http://bit.ly/246p0Wp
Details at the series' official HP (home page)! Let's make that turnabout for justice.

For those people who have yet to play "Ace Attorney", what a wonderful weekend it'd be to download the trilogy and have it prepared before sleep. If you sit in front of the TV tomorrow at 5:30 pm... well, if you ask me, I won't have to say any more.

For those who haven't played "Ace Attorney" already! There's also "Ghost Trick" to try out. ...But, the iOS version isn't at half-price... sorry to say.
http://apple.co/1qHrYCu
Even in the worst of times, there's a chance.

Now, the 4th ep of the "Ace Attorney" anime, "Turnabout Sisters - Last Trial", is coming tomorrow at 5:30... Our Phoenix Wright and our Miles Edgeworth will wage war in the courts to decide the fate of our Maya... At last, it's the conclusion we've been waiting for!
Yep, you can't miss this week's.

For those careless folks who say, "Huh? 'Turnabout Sisters'? But I ended up missing last week's?", this week's 'my Do!' stream site for those episodes you missed is your mighty ally in this trouble. You can still watch "Turnabout Sisters - 2nd Trial" for free up until tomorrow!
bit.ly/1MGEqfk

I just realized from my latest tweets, every one of them has had "at last" about something... though I did vaguely notice it... To be honest, these past weeks all have been "at last" about something, so I can't help it.
If I may have a moment to rapidly fire off "at last"...

Anyhow, please look forward to tomorrow's episode at 5:30 pm, "Turnabout Sisters - Last Trial"!
As usual, at the end of the broadcast, you may have something to talk about... If you get like this. Shout at those tears.
...And with that, see you all later.

Mr. Takumi, if the OP theme disk comes with a PV of you dancing to it, then you'll be sure to get a whole lot more sales.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Thanks for the translation. I did see his tweets, but they feel too much like 'buy this, watch this' messages this time...

The lyrics of the song are written by Gorō Matsui by the way.

Igi ari!

I forgot to say thanks for this. So, we got another set of tweets that is interesting, posted just 4 hours ago. I'm curious about that "golden weekend" (just used Google Translate to have a slight idea). I just went through Wikipedia and his tweets have something to do with a week of holiday in Japan (the Golden Week), and Ace Attorney (although I am not sure if he refers to the anime specifically or the series in general).

迷探偵

It was mostly just a reminder to watch tomorrow. He notes that even though it's been Golden Week, they still have to do voice recording every week, so it was just usual business for him this week (and then there are some musings on the Japanese word shimekiri/deadline).

迷探偵

As a lot of what Takumi tweets is basically asking people to watch the anime, I will just pick out some interesting tidbits in between:

May 13 - Turnabout Samurai: the theme song of the Steel Samurai was pretty popular on the development floor when they working on the first game, and one day, Takumi wrote lyrics for the song in about 10 minutes to make the team laugh (an attached picture dates the lyrics to May 23rd, 2001). He never could've guessed that his joke would eventually become the "official" lyrics for the song.

For those who don't know the lyrics, here's a quick translation:

The old wounds of his cyborg surgery throb
A dry wind blows through Neo Edo
It's the evil magistrate: The Evil Magistrate
Go! Go! The wrath of justice on his side,
****** slaughter him 'till he breathes no more
Suddenly there's a hero: The Steel Samurai... Fly High!

However he still holds on a dream
A song of tears that will not be forgotten
Go! Go! Wild flurries on the battlefield
****** slaughter him to preserve the peace
Of course he's the hero: The Steel Samurai... Fly High!

(EDIT: Changed the perspective of the translation to be closer to the Japanese)

May 21 - Turnabout Goodbyes: Larry (famously) appears in Turnabout Goodbyes, but at first, Takumi actually never had any plans for Larry making a reappearance in the game after the first case. For Turnabout Goodbyes, he had another character vaguely in his mind for the role. But they ran out of time near the end of the development cycle, so he decided to "recycle" Larry.

Last edited by Ash on Fri May 27, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Person

I remember hearing something about Larry not intending to appear more than just once, but knowing he was a last minute replacement in case 4 was surprising! (Now he's appeared in almost every game by Eshiro/Yamazaki and seems to be a fan favourite!)

Also those lyrics XD
"The old wounds of my cyborg surgery throb" is the best opening ever. Such a funny detail to highlight

The cape is self-fluttering

Ash wrote:
As a lot of what Takumi tweets is basically asking people to watch the anime, I will just pick out some interesting tidbits in between:

May 13 - Turnabout Samurai: the theme song of the Steel Samurai was pretty popular on the development floor when they working on the first game, and one day, Takumi wrote lyrics for the song in about 10 minutes to make the team laugh (an attached picture dates the lyrics to May 23rd, 2001). He never could've guessed that his joke would eventually become the "official" lyrics for the song.

For those who don't know the lyrics, here's a quick translation:

The old wounds of my cyborg surgery throb
A dry wind blows through Neo Edo
Go! Go! The wrath of justice on my side,
I'll ****** slaughter him 'till he breathes no more
Suddenly I'm a hero: The Steel Samurai... Fly High!

However I still have a dream
A song of tears that will not be forgotten
Go! Go! Wild flurries on the battlefield
I'll ****** slaughter him to preserve peace
Of course I'm the hero: The Steel Samurai... Fly High!

One little joke. One epic result. Mr. Takumi, I thank you.

My only regret is not getting an "official" English version (yes, there's a kid in AAI singing part of the lyrics, but that's only part!)

So, do the asterisks represent a pause, or was Mr. Takumi being a naughty boy?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

迷探偵

Jean Descole wrote:
So, do the asterisks represent a pause, or was Mr. Takumi being a naughty boy?

Korosu is just 'kill', but Takumi used buchikorosu which is... a step further than just 'killing'. Make of that what you want ;)

Takumi's tweets of today were interesting to me, because I love linguistics, but I guess most won't get it. Takumi tweeted about Lotta, who speaks Kansai dialect in the Japanese version. Capcom is located in Osaka (in the heart of the Kansai area), but Takumi himself is from the east, so he's not homebred Kansai. Because of he had to write a Kansai speaker as a non-native (it was only his sixth year since joining Capcom), he had an Osaka-bred team member check his scenario to see if his (Lotta's) Kansai dialect was correct. Especially nowadays Kansai dialect is quite known throughout the country because of TV and other media, but still, like in most media, Takumi used a writing style that is instantly recognizable as Kansai dialect, but also understandable to all Japanese readers (and not just dialect speakers).

And now's he been living in Kansai for twenty years and he still isn't "perfectly" integrated. He notices that he still occasionally says things differently from the real natives, while for 'outsiders', Takumi seems like a real Kansai person. Takumi himself notes that he does use a lot of Kansai dialect, for example 'o-tsukuri' instead of 'o-sashimi', so he has definitely been 'Kansai-fied' a lot, but still not completely.

(And like always, he ends with saying we should watch the anime on TV. Because).

These tweets always brighten up my day. Thanks, Ash.

Speaking of Kansai, what sort of words are more specific or characteristic of the dialect? I've heard the dialect for myself here plenty in north Cali, but none that I've been able to easily distinguish from others, aside from the more recognizable speech patterns. Or am I listening to a different variation due to being in the states?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Speaking of Kansai, what sort of words are more specific or characteristic of the dialect? I've heard the dialect for myself here plenty in north Cali, but none that I've been able to easily distinguish from others, aside from the more recognizable speech patterns. Or am I listening to a different variation due to being in the states?

Pfft, even within the Kansai dialect (family), there are big variations (Osaka dialect is very different from Kyoto), but some of the fundamental differences with eastern dialects (and more specifically, Tokyo dialect) are:

- different copula (や vs of だ)
- different way of conjugating verbs and adjective verbs (よろしゅー vs よろしく, いうた vs 言った, おもろない vs 面白くなかった)
- different negative form of verbs (-へん、-ん -> あかん、あかへん、いかん etc. vs いかない)
- Western dialects have a grammatical aspect that does not exist in eastern dialects with the auxiliry verb ーよる. (ドアが閉まりよる (closing), ドアが閉まっている (closed) vs ドアが閉まっている (closed))
- different keigo (はる -> 先生が読んではる vs いらしゃる -> 先生が読んでいらっしゃる)
- different pitch-accent on words (many words are pronounced the exact other way around)
- different interactional particles (ねん, わ used by men unlike the feminine わ of the east)
- and of course vocabulary. Really too much to name. ええ instead of いい, おとつい instead of おととい, おおきに instead of ありがとう and many, many more.

Many of these are 'general' differences of western dialects (so Kansai, but also Shikoku, Kyushu, etc) vs eastern dialects.

Well, I meant some differences that differentiate the Kansai family from other western dialects, but thanks for the heads-up. ^^; I haven't had a good chance to collect samples of people's conversations, since I usually overhear them in passing, but the use of や, へん, and other sounds certainly have a striking contrast with the standard Tokyo-hen.

I often find these kinds of quirks when listening to passing Chinese conversations too, but it's easier for me to identify the different dialects for those, since I'm a fellow ABC.

迷探偵

Sorry, misunderstood you, thought you meant Kansai vs Tokyo. As for how Kansai differs from other western dialects.... や becomes slightly less common as you move further out west, へん as a negative is pretty much Kansai (-ん is much more common further west) and the Kansai pitch accent is definitely one of the biggest markers of the dialect, which is very different from both Tokyo (east) and for example the Kyushu accent family. And of course much day-to-day vocabulary. おおきに (ありがとう) and さかい (causal から) for example are pretty much Kansai-specific. Further west, you're more likely to hear けん as a causal.

迷探偵

Again, just picking up on what I thought interesting.

May 29: The creative process behind Turnabout Goodbyes went as follows: so I have a case set at a lake → you need a monster in a lake, right? → so let's have a monster in my lake! So Takumi had decided on an appearance of Gourdy even before he knew how or why. But luckily, just before he started writing, he had seen a TV news broadcast on "A (spoiler) flying into a house" which gave him enough inspiration. But even Takumi was surprised how this part fitted with everything in the end.

迷探偵

Takumi's usual pre-broadcast tweets of today told the story of how he came up with the concept of spirit mediums in the series in the first place. It's...kinda surprisingly simple and lazy (he needed to get rid of a character, but he didn't want to, so he kinda cheated). Full translation here.

I still remember when I played the game for the first time and Maya with her whole spirit medium stuff and that weird design took me out of it at first. It was weird and I was wondering what it had to do with a game about being an Attorney but then Phoenix mirrored the exact same thoughts in the text and I totally accepted it after that.

But I think it's fun you mention that it's lazy becuase it's true xD. From now on every time there's lazy writing I think you can just chalk it up and say "hey, it's a part of the series' DNA, so it's okay! :grossberg: "

迷探偵

Oh, Takumi didn't mention his boss by name, but it should be Shinji Mikami (of Resident Evil fame), who was his boss during Takumi's Dino Crisis years and the head of Production Studio 4 (which was set-up after the release of DC I think). It was him and producer Inaba who gave him the chance to make the first Ace Attorney.

迷探偵

In this week's pre-broadcast tweets, Takumi continues his explanation why Reunion, and Turnabout is about spirit channeling. It's not the first time he talks about it (he also mentions it on the GBA AA2 blog), but as this is the most recent explanation.... (Full translation of the tweets in question here).

Again, Takumi does not mention any specific names, but the 'boss' mentioned in his tweets is veeeery probably Shinji Mikami, as he was the boss of Production Studio 4 (where Takumi worked).

迷探偵

Takumi did his usual tweet series again. First he talked about the fact that it was a few days ago that Phoenix Wright stood in court as a defense attorney for the first time. A full translation of those tweets can be found here. He concluded however with talking about Turnabout Circus (or Turnabout Big Top here), a story of which he has fond memories. Up until then, Takumi had written all stories as "mystery stories", but this was actually the first time he also started to write drama. That is why he thinks this story might be very well suited for an anime adaptation.

(In an old blog entry for GBA Justice for All, Takumi also stated this was a special episode to him, because it was about magic. Takumi was actually in a magic club in university, and he even did a magic trick during his job interview for Capcom. It appears he always carries a magic trick with him, because people keep asking him to do something)

I kinda wish Takumi Na Magic was a recurring thing. Every time someone asks him to perform a trick, someone tapes him doing it, and then Capcom publishes a video series dedicated to his Takumi-ness.

But glad to see he too thinks Turnabout Circus / Big Top can do well as an anime adaptation. There's plenty to tweak in that case can improve the overall flow; it's a case that has some awkward pacing at times. Not to mention, we get to see circus acts. The game cheated us out on some. :(

Ash wrote:
(In an old blog entry for GBA Justice for All, Takumi also stated this was a special episode to him, because it was about magic. Takumi was actually in a magic club in university, and he even did a magic trick during his job interview for Capcom. It appears he always carries a magic trick with him, because people keep asking him to do something)

And suddenly, the inclusion of trucy and magicians family plotline in AA4 makes perfect sense :trucy:

迷探偵

Well, Trucy wasn't always a magician. She was once this...this thing (scroll down to the third section of the post).

Ash wrote:
Well, Trucy wasn't always a magician. She was once this...this thing (scroll down to the third section of the post).

welp...........t-that's....that's interesting , so was Trucy the beta Kay or Kay is actually the beta Trucy? this turnabout is confusing!

迷探偵

Takumi did his usual 'preview' tweets again for the anime, as tomorrow Farewell, My Turnabout will start. He notes that Farewell My Turnabout will be four episodes by the way, in case some were stlll wondering about the exact length of this series.

Takumi had already talked about the things he tweeted today in old dev blogs, so a short version: after the first game had been released, his superior, Shinji Mikami, told Takumi he could make two other entries in the series for the moment. That Mikami had been so pleased with the game surprised Takumi, because the fact was that sales of the first game weren't going particularly well. Takumi had originally intended the story of 2-4 to be the finale to the complete series; but because he had no guarantees they would be able to make a third game, and because he was all out of ideas, he decided to use it for the second game (see also this post for the details).

He also recalls he did the same with Turnabout Sisters, using an idea 'early'. A story where the protagonist avenges his mentor and defeats a person who can control the Japanese legal system... but it was actually the very first story he wrote, as the start of the game! (See also this post for more details). Now he looks back, and he thinks that perhap the "correct" answer to his problems might have been:

- Turnabout Sisters as the final case of 1
- DL6 case as the final case of 2
- Farewell, My Turnabout as the final case of 3.

But 'living fast' and using everything he's got is the Ace Attorney way, so he can't complain now.

Ladder or stepladder?

From rumors I've heard, the anime won't cover Trials And Tribulations. Now, I don't know if that's true, but if it is, why? T&T was one of my favorite games, and I think it'd be cool to see it in the anime. I just hope it's not true.

Blah!

Narwhalinator wrote:
From rumors I've heard, the anime won't cover Trials And Tribulations. Now, I don't know if that's true, but if it is, why? T&T was one of my favorite games, and I think it'd be cool to see it in the anime. I just hope it's not true.

We already know that the anime is only two seasons. The first season was the first game, and the second season is the second game. So there's nowhere to fit in T&T.

It's possible that a third season may be ordered in the future, but as far as we know, there are no current plans for one. I certainly wouldn't expect it to appear in fall season.

迷探偵

Takumi's tweets today were about Japanese linguistics, which will probably interest nobody here. It was about the pitch accent of the word kuma (bear): Takumi and the voice actors for Farewell, My Turnabout didn't agree whether it was kuma (high-low) or kuma (low-high). The word bear came up in relation to Corrida, of course.

(In Japanese, words are not stressed like in English, but have a pitch accent, which also differs greatly depending on the dialect/region).

迷探偵

The last anime-related tweets from Takumi! He'll be working on DGS2 now, and experience has taught us he'll mostly stay away from Twitter until the marketing campaign starts.

Quote:
Good evening, everybody! Like I already informed you yesterday, after I paid a visit to the family grave and informed my ancestors, I joined the wrap-up party of the anime series Ace Attorney somewhere in Tokyo, then caught the last Shinkansen back to Osaka. And now I'm feeling strangely restless.

Gather at 5:30 PM at the place, watch the last episode together and then start the party... it was all arranged neatly like that. So there was my reunion wth director Watanabe and the other familiar faces. There are quite some people among the production staff who like Ace Attorney, and it was a great team, with a warm atmosphere. I was deeply moved by them.

Here and there we'd reminiscence about the production and took some commemorative photos. This is Masashi TAMAKI, who played Edgeworth, Toru NARA, who played Larry and myself, Takumi, who played Gallery Background Character A.

Looking back, it was more than a year ago when we had our first meeting. The first half year I had meetings with the scenario team led by Mr. Tomiaka of Series Structure and in the second half year, I was in the studio for voice recording... So I got to peek inside a part of the production cycle, and it was really a precious experience.

The heroic back figures of the whole cast standing behind a mic made an impression on me. Yuki KAJI, who got a hold on the overwhelming amount of lines with an overwhelming amount of enthusiasm, Masashi TAMAKI who always kept pursuing "Edgeworthiness", Aoi YUKI who through her variety gave brilliant color to Maya, all of them.

I talked a lot with director Watanabe over the year over our Tokyo ←→ Osaka hotline and I really regret it's all over now. (...The director might be happy he's finally released from that fussy original creator...). I am really grateful for his efforts.

The last episode was... how should I put it, it was shocking in a lot of ways, but "that one scene" at the end was reproduced really well, and it was really like the stereotypical finale. We of course had a luxurious dinner tonight at the Takumi home to celeberate we made it through the broadcasting period safely!

The menu was of course, miso ramen (HAMBURGERS), tonkatsu, steak, yakisoba...and bettarazuke. They just happen to be Maya's favorite foods, but seeing them next to each other like this... they're all kinds brownish foods...

Anyway. This closed the curtain on another project. Really a lot of people came to the wrap-up part, so you've all done a great job & thank you very much! I hope that everybody who watched the show all the way to the end have enjoyed it.

As for me, I am focusing with everything I have on Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2, so I'll dig deep underground and live there for a the moment. I hope the day will come when I can talk to you again. And with another brownish face showing themselves, I say goodbye!

Oh my goodness, Missile is adorbs.

As much faith as I've lost in the anime, the voice cast has always been up there with some brilliant work. Every episode, they nail it. I'm so glad we got to see their hard work come to life.

And heh, calling it now: Takumi is actually present in every one of Phoenix's trials. Also, Maya's favorite color isn't purple, but brown.

Thanks as always, Ash.

Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes