Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 44 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Spirit of Justice Character Profiles!Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

As with Dual Destinies, Capcom has started making character profiles for the cast of Spirit of Justice! However, unlike Dual Destinies, each blog entry deals with two characters at a time! Today, Capcom has written a profile for Phoenix Wright and Rayfa Padma Khura'in.
Kellen wrote:
Phoenix Wright, currently head of the Wright Anything Agency, has been around since the very beginning. That’s probably not a surprise to most, even if you’re not familiar with the series. His name’s right there in the title after all. Phoenix has been through quite a lot since his early days as a rookie attorney, when he first took on a case defending his childhood friend, Larry Butz, against a murder accusation. Thanks to the help of his boss and mentor, Mia Fey, and his own deduction skills, Phoenix cemented his ability to turn the case around when he was on the brink of defeat, ultimately proving Larry’s innocence.

While Phoenix got a lot of aid from his mentor during that first case, many more “Not Guilty” verdicts that followed can be chalked up to Phoenix's relentless pursuit of the truth and his unwavering belief in his clients. This isn’t to go without crediting his “ace assistant,” Maya Fey, a spirit medium-in-training and sister to Mia Fey, who offered quite a bit of help via her unique gifts. We’ll talk more about Maya soon (promise!) but among her aid as an assistant, Maya also gave Phoenix another important gift: a magatama. The magatama was later charged with spiritual energy, which allows Phoenix to see Psyche-Locks, which are visual representations of how strongly a person wishes to keep something secret in their heart. These locks can only be broken with irrefutable evidence.

When we catch up with Phoenix in Spirit of Justice, he’s just arrived in the Kingdom of Khura’in to visit Maya and celebrate the end of her long spiritual training. Despite being a foreigner in a foreign land, Phoenix can’t seem to stay out of trouble, and soon finds himself representing his tour guide in a murder trial in Khura’in’s court system. In this precarious situation, he’s not only putting his credibility on the line, but also his life due to a local, unforgiving law known as the Defense Culpability Act. Phoenix is in for the legal battle of a lifetime – literally!

As if this challenge wasn’t great enough, Phoenix must deal with the Royal Priestess of Khura’in...

Rayfa Padma Khura’in, at just fourteen years old, carries a surprising amount of weight on her shoulders. Not only is she the Princess of the Kingdom of Khura’in, but she is also the Royal Priestess and must perform various ceremonies including the elegant Dance of Devotion each day for the dedicated Khura’inist monks at Tehm’pul Temple. In the courtroom, Rayfa’s powers of Spirit Communion also allow her to guide the soul of the victim to a large reflecting pool in the center of the hall, a practice known as the Divination Séance. With this, the pool will display for all to see the last moments of the victim’s life, and with Rayfa’s insights based on these scenes, judgment is then passed.

While this might seem unusual elsewhere, for over twenty years, Khura’in has not had lawyers – in fact, the legal system seems to be based almost exclusively off of the Divination Séance and Rayfa’s insights and interpretations of the crime as it happened. Since these visions show the last moments of the victim’s life, including the senses of sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell, there’s little room to question Rayfa’s interpretations of events, leaving defendants with little recourse. Once Rayfa has passed her judgment, the court’s Judge follows suit. Rumor has it that since the séance trials began, not a single person has been proven innocent....

Despite her myriad duties and roles, Rayfa keeps a surprising sense of calm about her. Well, maybe calm isn’t quite the right word. It’s more of a… frosty air of superiority, often using her position of power to take jabs at anyone who would dare question her insights or the court system. Then again, maybe that’s just part of being the princess – after all, she’s still only a teenager. Maybe there’s more to Rayfa than her royal attitude problem initially suggests?

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Spirit of Justice Character Profiles!Topic%20Title

I missed this back in the DD days, so I wanted to ask: am I correct to assume that the word "today" suggests that this is a daily thing? And who/how many characters are expected to be dealt with?

The miracle never happen

Surprisingly enough the final lines for their profiles help give a bit of insight about the plot of this game that I had yet to be aware of, it makes me even more excited for the game.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Beauty and grace.

Ooh, I can't wait to read the other profiles!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Just a quick note, Maya and Ahlbi's profiles will be posted next.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Wotter boy

hurray
They actually do shed some light on how the characters work and where they've been and I like that. I can see them doing Apollo and Athena and Trucy and Bonny maybe as others.

Clarion of Revelations

In case you missed it, here's the one about Maya and Ahlbi: http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog ... lbi-urgaid

Apollo and Nahyuta are next

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I hope they show off the "localized" version of Nahyuta's "Satorha!" bubble. I really want to see it (It might be the same as the Japanese version, but still.)

Clarion of Revelations

We'll probably get their profiles in 2 days again

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

We might get another one of those voice actor videos in between though. Looks like they're upping the promotional ante after a long drought

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Clarion of Revelations

Yash K. Productions wrote:
I hope they show off the "localized" version of Nahyuta's "Satorha!" bubble. I really want to see it (It might be the same as the Japanese version, but still.)

They show it here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobjecti ... of-khurain
It's the same except the ! symbol is a bit different and the bubble is smaller

I'm fine and ready for justice!

MrCafecito wrote:

Wait, does that mean that
Spoiler: Voice Clips Spoilers
the voice clip will be the same or an English voice actor saying the same word or something like that?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

MrCafecito wrote:

What do you think was the point of that lmao

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Beauty and grace.

Quote:
Around the time it was decided that there would be a sixth mainline game, but before we had decided on the theme of “courtroom revolution,” or even that the game would be set in a country called the Kingdom of Khura’in, we knew we wanted to include a teenage girl as a key character in this game. This is one of Rayfa’s initial designs back when we were toying with the idea of setting the game in an underground court – one that would deal with cases no normal court would dare take on because they involved the seedy underbelly of society.

there's literally a teenage girl included as a key character in nearly all of the Ace Attorney games.

The miracle never happen

scarlet-flowers wrote:
There's literally a teenage girl included as a key character in nearly all of the Ace Attorney games.

Well I mean, the first one doesn't ha... oh wait maya... the secon- maya... TRIALS AND TRI- maya GOD DAMN IT, fine, Apollo Justi- Trucy... Investigations doesn- kay faraday... but, investigations tw- kay faraday... damn it... Dual destinies has no teena- Athena Cykes GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Blah!

Maybe they mean a teenage antagonist? Then again, we already have two of those: Franziska and Debeste/Yumihiko (AAI2 prosecutor).

Or they meant to say a young teenage girl? Then again, Trucy was 15 in AA4 and Rayfa is 14, so...

Or maybe it's more like, they knew they wanted one to keep the trend going.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

blahmoomoo wrote:
Maybe they mean a teenage antagonist? Then again, we already have two of those: Franziska and Debeste/Yumihiko (AAI2 prosecutor).

Or they meant to say a young teenage girl? Then again, Trucy was 15 in AA4 and Rayfa is 14, so...

Or maybe it's more like, they knew they wanted one to keep the trend going.

I remember the Jp dev team suggested they wanted a teenage antagonist to be a key character in the plot. While Franziska and Sebastian are indeed important in their respective games, the former ends up being set aside from the main drama and the latter isn't crucial to the plot of that game. So, there's that.

But it's definitely a tradition by now they want to uphold.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Clarion of Revelations

New profiles!
This time Nahyuta Sahdmadhi and Apollo Justice:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog ... -sahdmadhi

Beauty and grace.

God I'm so excited to see Nahyuta in action.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I actually haven't known a thing about Nahyuta's actual characterization this entire time. From the description in the blog he sounds hilarious! The idea that he thinks he can predict the outcome of a trial is a whole new level of pretension and ego that reminds me of Godot in a good way. I hope this game has a lot of self-aware stupidity like that where it's all campy and you can't quite figure out how much is intentional but whatever it is it makes it hilarious.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Ladder or stepladder?

AAAH I'm so excited for this game! Can't wait! :redd:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Narwhalinator wrote:
AAAH I'm so excited for this game! Can't wait! :redd:

Welcome to Court-Records!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Looks like there's an update every Tuesday and Thursday.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

It appears Capcom was nice enough to give me an early copy of the game!
Just kidding.
These are screenshots taken from the 3DS eShop page for Spirit of Justice! But unfortunately, the game is not (yet?) available for pre-purchase.

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

"Extras and DLC"! That means 6-S is available in the localized version! :gant:

... Or it's just for the costumes. :ron:

The cape is self-fluttering

Sexy.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Racing through the sky like a Missile

The DLC case should be listed among the Episode Select, not the DLC & Extras. They prove nothing... except that the costumes are coming over.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Clarion of Revelations

Spoiler: Large image

IT'S NOT AVAILABLE YET HOLY FUCK DON'T MESS WITH MY FEELINGS YOU FOOL BASTARDS!
Ahem...
So nice to see it on the store, and the price is nice too! (I thought it would be 600 mexican pesos)

The miracle never happen

MrCafecito wrote:
Spoiler: Large image

IT'S NOT AVAILABLE YET HOLY FUCK DON'T MESS WITH MY FEELINGS YOU FOOL BASTARDS!
Ahem...
So nice to see it on the store, and the price is nice too! (I thought it would be 600 mexican pesos)

It's definitely a good price, that's about what, 30 american dollars? That's fitting since the American price seems to be 30 bucks, definitely cheaper than I expected, I thought it would be 40, oh, and srsly eshop, don't make us cry like that.
-Diego Armando

Is it available for pre-order in NA only? Because I can't find it anywhere in the EU e-shop :ron:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

When they have a DLC menu I expect there to be the dlc case as well. I know it's in episode select but...

Anyway, I really wish this game could become a vehicle for deva to make standalone episodes since it seems to be designed so you can just add in new cases in the episode menu, and I know Yamazaki is apparently busy with other stuff, but what's to keep them from having a senior writer make am extra case in the future? I'm sure the sound and graphics department, or if they hired Tatsuro who is freelance, could help shape up another DLC case.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Programmer

While certainly possible, it's highly unlikely. They know that DLC doesn't sell as well as a brand new game. And they can't have an overarching story for DLC.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I am the swordsman of justice!

All aboard the hype train!!!!!
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Clarion of Revelations

Athena and Roger's profiles are up!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog ... ger-retinz

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Kellen from Capcom wrote:
Roger Retinz, the ratings rajah

Ah, now I get the meaning of his name.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Trucy Wright and Bonny de Famme

Ema will be the last one.

Beauty and grace.

Huh, they're not doing one for Blackquill or Miles?

Wotter boy

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Huh, they're not doing one for Blackquill or Miles?

It's not like they have particularly big roles anyway.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ema and Forensics:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ace_attorney/blog/2016/09/01/ace-attorney-character-profiles-ema-and-forensics

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I can't get enough of that gif.
Page 1 of 2 [ 44 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes