Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 4 of 9[ 325 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Re: Case five discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
That's the real mystery here.
Spoiler: and DGS
How does Edgeworth fit so many people in his luggage? Even Asougi would be jealous.

He packs a lot of Cravats.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Wotter boy

Spoiler: Case 5 Part 1
Is Dats the one accused of killing the professor? He's seen in detention when you meet him and in Hilneria's Mood Matrix, so that's what I assume.

1000% Knight

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5 Part 1
Is Dats the one accused of killing the professor? He's seen in detention when you meet him and in Hilneria's Mood Matrix, so that's what I assume.

yup
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Should I look more forward to this case than case 3? I feel like this game is sorta like AAI2 from hearsay in the sense that case 3 and 5 are the best, but really case 3 is the one everyone end up talking the most about. (for understandable reasons)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Mia Payne

linkenski wrote:
Should I look more forward to this case than case 3? I feel like this game is sorta like AAI2 from hearsay in the sense that case 3 and 5 are the best, but really case 3 is the one everyone end up talking the most about. (for understandable reasons)

It depends really. Case 3 is the best from a feelings and character point

Case 5 is like drinking 3 energy drinks and being hocked on crack all the way through, and it's gloriously dumb and amazing at the same time

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Blizdi wrote:
linkenski wrote:

It depends really. Case 3 is the best from a feelings and character point

Case 5 is like drinking 3 energy drinks and being hocked on crack all the way through, and it's gloriously dumb and amazing at the same time

So it's basically like I2-5.

JGLP wrote:
So it's basically like I2-5.

Pretty much what i'm expecting too, which is nice if it means it's really epic but kinda un-hype if it doesn't end on a really emotional note, like DD also didn't.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

You know how else this case is like I2-5? It's several cases in one and some parts drag the hell out.

I still remember how I felt quite fatigued going through I2-5, and I certainly was reminded of it as I played through this game. Granted, it wasn't as cluttered as how the trial dragged on with extra end-game exposition in PLvsAA, but they could easily have split this case up in two.

That said...
Spoiler: case 5
The first trial pretty much delivered on the teased hype from the trailer. I'm still in love with Hilne's design. She and Gen. Sanagi are definitely up there among awesome new characters. It's kinda disappointing that the first trial is kinda forgotten as things move into the second one, but it definitely makes sense in context.

And even now, I'm still laughing at Kiyoki's breakdown. The "banzai" and the breaking news bits never fail to crack me up. Thinking about it, how are they going to localize this guy? He's first introduced sitting on a freakin' litter (the type of ride).

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I was really shocked by
Spoiler:
Druk's character. He was first seen as a ruthless tyrant by the people, but then we see him as a nice guy who treats Apollo like his own son.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You know how else this case is like I2-5? It's several cases in one and some parts drag the hell out.

I still remember how I felt quite fatigued going through I2-5, and I certainly was reminded of it as I played through this game. Granted, it wasn't as cluttered as how the trial dragged on with extra end-game exposition in PLvsAA, but they could easily have split this case up in two.

That said...
Spoiler: case 5
The first trial pretty much delivered on the teased hype from the trailer. I'm still in love with Hilne's design. She and Gen. Sanagi are definitely up there among awesome new characters. It's kinda disappointing that the first trial is kinda forgotten as things move into the second one, but it definitely makes sense in context.

And even now, I'm still laughing at Kiyoki's breakdown. The "banzai" and the breaking news bits never fail to crack me up. Thinking about it, how are they going to localize this guy? He's first introduced sitting on a freakin' litter (the type of ride).

You know, this kinda just makes me excited for it. I think I2-5 was bloated AF and I would've rewritten out the SS-5 part or rearranged it so IS-7 and SS-5 were condenced into one thing if I could just to make it feel less like it's just every idea on the table thrown into a blender, but at the end of the day it was coherent, interesting and resonating a lot with me, so I'm hoping for the best now that I know 6-5 is more like that. Structurally I liked DD a lot, but 5-5 really should've been two investigations and more twists and turns IMO. I liked how concise that story was of a Yamazaki game, but I can't pretend I thought it was better than AAI2 in terms of story or even AAI just because AAI feels so distinct whereas 5-5 rides too heavily on certain PWAA-trilogy tropes.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I actually remembering feeling that AAI-5 was more bloated/overly long than GK2-5, but on the other hand that whole case is kind of tainted by the final confrontation with Alba - which seems sooooooo long - so I might be wrong there. When I replayed it again last February, I really really enjoyed GK2-5, (I hadn't really enjoyed Gk2 that much my first time around but I think it was because I was trying to play all the AA games in like 3 months and I was burned out). Considering I already really liked DD, if SoJ is the "AAI2" to DD's "AAI" then I'm really going to enjoy it.

This case is interesting specifically because I don't know anything about it at all (I was spoiled on Fulbright and on all the case setups before i started DD) and reading through these threads with tagged spoilers (I'm reading the comments but not any of the stuff in the spoiler tags) it really peaks my interest of what crazy stuff is going on. It'll be fun to come back to all these topics and finally read what everyone was freaking out about early on after the game came out.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this case and to the game itself! (And of course, please don't tell me any spoilers. Just to make clear, the above is all written based on my not reading any spoilers and just reading people's reactions, so I'm not in the know about anything! Thanks!)
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

During the Ace Attorney Civil War (whoops I mean, Civil Trial), who do you play as? I really need to know. Cuz if the player's POV is Phoenix, I'm getting Ace Attorney 6 before anyone can say 'The Flash'.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. A prosecutor is one who seeks the conviction of a defendant. But I don't think that's all we are....[marquee[img src="AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Full_Running_West_1.gif] Chasing da truth on a daily basis!][/marquee]

迷探偵

MilesEdgeworth2001 wrote:
During the Ace Attorney Civil War (whoops I mean, Civil Trial), who do you play as? I really need to know. Cuz if the player's POV is Phoenix, I'm getting Ace Attorney 6 before anyone can say 'The Flash'.

Not really spoilers as it was mentioned in the Japanese promotion material, but:
Spoiler:
You play as Apollo.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Wotter boy

So... how necessary is the first part of the case in the context of story development?
Like, could the first part of the case be left out with only the relevant portions explained elsewhere without breaking the flow?
I'm only asking since literally everything that happens from the first part aside for a few things are removed from the Court Record after part 1.

It's somewhat important and relevant.
Spoiler:
As Kiyoki Masaharu/Seiji requested the professor to research into the orb, it ties him into the conspiracy plot in the latter case. It's also how Kiyoki could have gotten Nick to take his case because he was working with the people who kidnapped Maya. But that's the extent of his involvement.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

It's somewhat important and relevant.
Spoiler:
As Kiyoki Masaharu/Seiji requested the professor to research into the orb, it ties him into the conspiracy plot in the latter case. It's also how Kiyoki could have gotten Nick to take his case because he was working with the people who kidnapped Maya. But that's the extent of his involvement.

Spoiler:
The case isn't really important in relation to the second part of the case, as the *presence* of the orb is more important than how it was retrieved.

But the first part of the case is crucial to setting up the revelation of Druk's fate, as well as Apollo's ending. You could say it was already shown that Apollo had succeeded to Phoenix' beliefs in the second case, but if you don't spend a certain amount of time (in real time) with Druk by your side in Japan, the revelation later would fall flat.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

You bring up a good point. Usually examining everything at a scene is just extra fluff, but in this case, it's extra fluff that adds to character and plot development.

I like this case even more now, despite all its intricacies. It may be one of the few cases in the series I wouldn't mind replaying start to finish.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Halfway through, and one thing that bothers me...

Spoiler:
Im not a fan of how Dhurke was introduced into the case (this also works with how Apollo was revealed to be his son and Nahyuta's brother). It's just kinda like "Oh hey Apollo it's been ten years but I'm just gonna conveniently show up after this newscast." It felt really forced and brushed off for what's a major plot point IMO.

Mia Payne

Thunder84 wrote:

Spoiler:
Im not a fan of how Dhurke was introduced into the case (this also works with how Apollo was revealed to be his son and Nahyuta's brother). It's just kinda like "Oh hey Apollo it's been ten years but I'm just gonna conveniently show up after this newscast." It felt really forced and brushed off for what's a major plot point IMO.

It's done to show contrast with how he's being portrayed as this epic super evil rebel when he's just a 45 year old dad who wants stuff done

Yabba Dabba Doo

Blizdi wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Spoiler:

It's done to show contrast with how he's being portrayed as this epic super evil rebel when he's just a 45 year old dad who wants stuff done

Yeah, that's my assumption too. I guess some of it carries over from case 3 with the picture, but it still bothers me.

I'm about dying to find out. To those who have finished the first investigation of this case...
Spoiler:
Does anyone, anyone at all, tell Apollo to eat his "hamburgers", aka sushi?

I will bust a gut if they swapped it with a bowl of Eldoon's noodles, though.

Mia Payne

I'm about dying to find out. To those who have finished the first investigation of this case...
Spoiler:
Does anyone, anyone at all, tell Apollo to eat his "hamburgers", aka sushi?

I will bust a gut if they swapped it with a bowl of Eldoon's noodles, though.

No it's sushi

Yabba Dabba Doo

Finally finished.
Spoiler:
The Ga'ran encounter felt like a von Karma trial IMO. I don't want to say it was ripped off, but her actions were very similar to his. Also, the Seances were much better in this case, and the trial flowed pretty smoothly. I'd say this is my favorite case in the game.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also,
Spoiler: Prosecutor
"ひれ伏せ!" is "Such insolence!"

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I noticed a lot of people earlier in the thread trying to figure out
Spoiler:
how Datz was able to travel to Japanifornia despite being a criminal. There's a small line thrown in that says he was cleared of his jailbreaking charges because his original arrest was determined to be a false one after the events of 6-3.
Was that not mentioned in the Japanese version?

Wotter boy

After replaying Turnabout Storyteller, it's time to start Case 5~

Spoiler:
Edit 1: I can't tell if Trucy is scared or fascinated, but I think fascinated.

Edit 2: Dhurke is such a dad. And Apollo is super salty.

Edit 3: APOLLO THE CACTUS

Edit 4: Trucy, with that magic... what are you doing with yourself?

Edit 5: The piano has sentimental value for Nick ;u;

Edit 6: DHURKE DO NOT SUGGEST INCEST TRUCY IS ONLY 17

Edit 7: KURAIN

Edit 8: I don't... really understand why you brought up Jove...

Edit 9: "full of piss and vinegar"...? I've never heard that phrase before.

Edit 10: APOLLO AND NAHYUTA USED TO RUN ABOUT NAKED

Edit 11: What sort of "volunteer work" involves revolution tho

Edit 12: So if presented with a ladder/stepladder... Dhurke would say it's a ladder then?

Edit 13: I THOUGHT PEARL CLEANED OFF ALL THE GRAVY

Edit 14: Apollo why do you clean dead men's offices ._.

Edit 15: Fingerprinting took me over 20 minutes to do .-.

Edit 16: Did they take cues from Trump with this guy? I thought the Master of the Kurain Channelling Technique held the most power in the village anyway?

Edit 17: Young people? Atishon, you're only a year older than Apollo.

Edit 18: *snerk* Dhruke taking selfies

Edit 19: Poor Athena, hopelessly lost everywhere. Makes me wonder... can Athena drive?

Edit 20: TRUCY DON'T LEAVE ME

Edit 21: Poor Polly... always cleaning toilets...

Edit 22: I really think R~ Each of their Feelings is one of the best reminiscing songs in the game.

Edit 23: PEARL

Edit 24: W-Wow... Only Maya and Pearl are able to channel spirits..? That's crazy.

Edit 25: PERCEIVING PEARL. Also I just realised that they made her thinking sprite into a sweating one too. cyoot

Edit 26: Can I just have a whole game as Athena, Trucy and Pearl pls

Edit 27: I took the temper tantrum route hehe

Edit 28: SUDDENLY KLAVIER. His only appearance in the main game.

Edit 29: yayyy puzzle

Edit 30: That took me too long to solve ;u;

Edit 31: Suddenly, Illegal of Fate!

Edit 32: And Apollo's dying.

Edit 33: Why is the victory theme playing lol

Edit 34: Nick staph this this instant

Edit 35: Poor Trucy tho

Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.

JardW wrote:
Spoiler:
how Datz was able to travel to Japanifornia despite being a criminal. There's a small line thrown in that says he was cleared of his jailbreaking charges because his original arrest was determined to be a false one after the events of 6-3.

The two things you mention here are completely unrelated.
Spoiler:
Datz was originally arrested under suspicion of being the Bird Princess, though I suspect he was actually arrested because he's naturally suspicious and a revolutionary.

The point about Datz coming to Japanifornia despite being a criminal is never addressed. Thus, given Trucy's example, we must conclude that people like hiding in Edgeworth's luggage more than he thinks.

Also, I still can't get over Paul's name.

JardW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Datz was originally arrested under suspicion of being the Bird Princess, though I suspect he was actually arrested because he's naturally suspicious and a revolutionary.

The point about Datz coming to Japanifornia despite being a criminal is never addressed. Thus, given Trucy's example, we must conclude that people like hiding in Edgeworth's luggage more than he thinks.

But... it IS related because
Spoiler:
he's not a criminal anymore, so there's no issue. He was cleared of the charges that landed him in jail, and consequently cleared of charges over his jailbreak since he was falsely incarcerated in the first place. Datz says earlier in the game that simply being associated with the Dragons isn't illegal. The police probably have a lot of difficulty pinning specific illegal actions to specific revolutionaries, which is why Inga had operations going to frame rebels with false charges.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Poor Athena, hopelessly lost everywhere. Makes me wonder... can Athena drive?

I want fanart of Athena driving a BMW.

JardW wrote:
JardW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But... it IS related because
Spoiler:
he's not a criminal anymore, so there's no issue. He was cleared of the charges that landed him in jail, and consequently cleared of charges over his jailbreak since he was falsely incarcerated in the first place. Datz says earlier in the game that simply being associated with the Dragons isn't illegal. The police probably have a lot of difficulty pinning specific illegal actions to specific revolutionaries, which is why Inga had operations going to frame rebels with false charges.

There you go. That's the crime.
Spoiler:
The news never specified which rebels stole the treasure, so it essentially leaves them all suspect. Thus, it gives Inga and co. reason to pursue them.

Of course, Datz is also framed for murder of an archaeologist, but he gets cleared for that too. That he got arrested for hiding in a doghouse, meanwhile... well, that probably won't stick to him. The Kurain villagers aren't that spiteful.

Wotter boy

Yash K. Productions wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Poor Athena, hopelessly lost everywhere. Makes me wonder... can Athena drive?

I want fanart of Athena driving a BMW.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Also I'm done with Inv. 1, took me aprox 3 hrs. and 22 mins

A New Chapter of Trials!

Literally just finished.

Spoiler: But Apollo again
Apollo is my favorite AA character, so I have really mixed feelings. It was cool to have a game focused on him again but that ending kind of broke my heart. As long as they aren't putting him on a bus it will be okay, but I can't help but feel a bit paranoid that they will. Considering how popular he his in Japan though, I'm doubtful. Dang though, I'm sad I can't do a bunch of my cute WAA headcanons anymore with him gone.

Spoiler: PLOT
Really the only twist that got me was Dhurke being dead all along. I was kind of hoping for more shocking revelations, but I guessed pretty much all of the other ones. I can't quite place my finger on why this case just didn't hit the right "Final Case" buttons for me. I feel like they were close, but missed the mark.

Overall I thought the case (and game) was solid, but it seemed kind of weird and underwhelming for a final case somehow. I can't help but wonder if this will be some kind of AAI2 scenario again though, where I'm only neutral first but really come to like the game more on a replay.
Eureka!

Apollon wrote:
Apollo is my favorite AA character, so I have really mixed feelings. It was cool to have a game focused on him again but that ending kind of broke my heart. As long as they aren't putting him on a bus it will be okay, but I can't help but feel a bit paranoid that they will. Considering how popular he his in Japan though, I'm doubtful. Dang though, I'm sad I can't do a bunch of my cute WAA headcanons anymore with him gone.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm not super in love with Apollo's character but I like it a lot for what it is and his dynamic of the pessimist to Athena's optimist and Phoenix's realist works pretty well, I think. They make a great trio and watching them bounce off of each other is really entertaining. One of the best parts of the game was the Apollo/Athena interactions and I really hope that won't be taken away from any possible sequels. I'm still waiting for Apollo to get arrested and tossed in jail for being under suspicion for killing Thalassa/Lamiroir, though. Apollo never got accused of murder so he never got his "initiation" into the WAA. It needs to happen, man. Plus they had that teaser at the end of the game so maybe...?

A New Chapter of Trials!

Autumnal wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm not super in love with Apollo's character but I like it a lot for what it is and his dynamic of the pessimist to Athena's optimist and Phoenix's realist works pretty well, I think. They make a great trio and watching them bounce off of each other is really entertaining. One of the best parts of the game was the Apollo/Athena interactions and I really hope that won't be taken away from any possible sequels. I'm still waiting for Apollo to get arrested and tossed in jail for being under suspicion for killing Thalassa/Lamiroir, though. Apollo never got accused of murder so he never got his "initiation" into the WAA. It needs to happen, man. Plus they had that teaser at the end of the game so maybe...?

I want to believe. I really do. It's kind of funny to think that a lot of my opinion on this game will rely on what future games are going to do on this front.
Eureka!

Wotter boy

Apollon wrote:
Autumnal wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Spoiler:

I want to believe. I really do. It's kind of funny to think that a lot of my opinion on this game will rely on what future games are going to do on this front.

Spoiler:
With all this, I really want AA7 to be from Athena's POV, but it all deals with Trucy and Apollo lol

Objection!

I'd just like to express my immense appreciation for the special super-serious suspense theme that plays

Spoiler: Major 6-5
when you find out that Dhurke is dead and are about to present his profile.

That was absolutely fantastic. Don't think I've ever felt this tense in an AA game.

The Enigma

Spoiler: So I'm a terrible person
While investigating Inga's study with Rayfa and Edgeworth, I showed the photo of Rayfa's dead father to Her Benevolence just to see what would happen. She passed out. Wtf developers?! You wouldn't even let me show a picture of dead Gregory to Edgeworth while investigating DL-6, but you'll let me get away with scarring a 14-year-old girl by showing her the photo of her father's corpse? Is this testing my humanity? Well, I have none. Thanks for proving that.

I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Bramimond wrote:
While investigating Inga's study with Rayfa and Edgeworth, I showed the photo of Rayfa's dead father to Her Benevolence just to see what would happen. She passed out. Wtf developers?! You wouldn't even let me show a picture of dead Gregory to Edgeworth while investigating DL-6, but you'll let me get away with scarring a 14-year-old girl by showing her the photo of her father's corpse? Is this testing my humanity? Well, I have none. Thanks for proving that.

Spoiler: It's okay with me because I'm a dog
I suspect Phoenix had some interest in revenge, but that was a bit far even for him.

The Enigma

Bramimond wrote:

Spoiler: It's okay with me because I'm a dog
I suspect Phoenix had some interest in revenge, but that was a bit far even for him.

Spoiler:
Even so, I ended up making him do it. Does that make him the asshole or me? Or are we both equally assholes? 8D

I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

That depends on your definition of the word.

Page 4 of 9 [ 325 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)