Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 1 of 2[ 72 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mystery in Japanifornia Sign Ups/OOCTopic%20Title

Ready for action!

Sign up thread for that murder mystery RP I proposed. Couldn't think of a better name!

Spoiler: Plot
A series of mysterious murder cases are plaguing the city all of a sudden. Each murder is different than the last and the methods are all different too. The victims are all people related to past cases. Some were innocent people. Others were related to cases indirectly. Detectives and police officers have also been found dead. The murderer is unknown, different pieces of evidence pertaining to them is all different. Will you be able to solve the mystery behind this series of gruesome murders? Or will you become a victim yourself?

Spoiler: Rules!
Basic Rules:

-Canon characters are permitted, but do try and keep them accurate to the games.

-This is my first time GMing, so I'd appreciate it if someone took the role of the villain. If you feel you're up to it, PM me for info.

-This will be done in the traditional RP style, Paragraph style.

-No killing off other people's characters. However, you are free to harm them. Just don't take it too far (no life threatening injuries).

-Characters aren't expected to work together, if you choose to make your characters hostile to another person's than feel free to!

-NPC's can be used by anyone. Not just the GM.

-Characters with special powers will have their powers nerfed. This goes for Perceive, Psyche Locks, Mood Matrix and Spirit Channeling. Also counts for OC's with unique powers/abilities.

-If you plan on using OC's, a brief description of their appearance would be helpful. A drawing or sprite would work as well, but is entirely optional.

That's about it for now. I'll post up my characters once I know people are satisfied with the rules.

Characters!

Spoiler: Geoffrey von Karma
(Played by Lida_Rose)
Name: Geoffrey von Karma

Appearance: Geoffrey has very short platinum hair streaked with gray and blue eyes. He is six feet tall and quite pale. He wears a black suit over a black collared shirt with a red tie. He seems to radiate calm and class.

Personality: Laid back and aloof, very little seems to faze this guy. He is polite and formal. The only time he ever seems to panic is when it comes to his adoptive daughter.

History: Geoffrey is Manfred's oldest biological child. He was disowned as a teenager and moved to America, changing his last name to "Spencer" so he wouldn't be associated with his father. He became a defense attorney there at the old, old age of 20 and met the love of his life shortly after starting his defense firm. They adopted a child together. His wife died due to medical problems some five years ago.

Very recently, within the past year, someone uncovered Geoffrey's lineage and made it public while accusing him of forging evidence. The accusation was later proven to be false, but ever since that day, no one trusts Geoffrey. He does, after all, have a close to 20 year career and only a few times his clients were found guilty. He is watched very closely whenever he tries to investigate anything, far more so than ever before, and some have called for his disbarment despite the lack of proof that he did anything untoward.

Relation to canon characters: Franziska's older brother. Since being disowned by Manfred, Franziska refuses to even acknowledge he exists.

Geoffrey and Miles Edgeworth knew each other a couple years when Manfred took Miles in, but it wasn't enough to keep Miles from traveling down the path we all know so well. Miles most likely remembers Geoffrey rather fondly (he was, after all, the only one who showed Edgeworth true kindness back then) but can't help but feel as though Geoffrey abandoned him to his fate.

Special Powers: None. Just good old fashioned logic and being fairly perceptive of others.

Other: Geoffrey wears contact lenses.

Spoiler: Katrina von Karma
(Played by Lida_Rose)
Name: Katrina von Karma

Appearance: Katrina has fiery red hair and sad, green eyes. She wears a black hoodie over a blue turtle neck and black pants. She's unhealthily skinny and very short due to being malnourished when she was younger. Her skin is very pale. She is always trembling. She wears long clothes to cover up her scars.

Personality: Due to abuses she suffered growing up as an orphan, she is very frightened of everyone, especially men. She does not trust easily, and tends to hide behind Geoffrey even now as he is currently the only one she trusts completely. She has been trying to get over her fears, though, and aid her father in his investigations the best she can. She is pretty smart and insightful when she does speak, but she usually stays quiet.

History: Katrina's parents gave her up for adoption when she was very young. She doesn't remember them at all. All she was told was that they were drug addicts. She suffered abuse in the foster care system and ran away more times than she could count. She was adopted by Geoffrey and his wife about six years ago. Despite Geoffrey's best efforts to help her, Katrina struggles with school and struggles in general.

Relation to canon characters: She has heard of Manfred, Franziska, and Miles (and how they all relate to her and Geoffrey), but hasn't met them personally.

Special Powers: If you put her in front of a computer or an iPhone . . . She can check her e-mail! *GASP* She actually has no special powers.

Other: She has a huge sweet tooth.

Spoiler: Akayu Onita
(Played by KamiPanda)
Name: Akayu Onita (Red Oni + extra syllables)

Appearance: Akayu is a slightly small girl with long, spiky, dark red hair and amber eyes. One spike of hair sticks up on her right side, reminiscent of a horn. As a student on the prosecutor course at Themis Legal Academy, she wears their red and white uniform when out investigating; otherwise, her casual clothes typically consist of a T-shirt and shorts, with the shirt sometimes being a Gavinners one.

Personality: An energetic, fiery girl who tends to rush headlong into things without a plan, a trait that has lost her many a practice case at the Academy. Despite this, she's the more intelligent of the two siblings, and she generally does well in theory tests. She enjoys being an 'enemy' to defense attorneys, but generally means no harm by it and has only respect for those who try to protect others.

As her casual attire would indicate, she's a massive Gavinners fan, and a fan of rock music in general. She's the singer of a band formed at the Academy.

Backstory: Maybe she watched too many TV shows as a kid, but Akayu has wanted to catch criminals since a rather young age. As she learned more about the legal world, she discovered that prosecuting these criminals was her calling - investigating the aftermath of a crime was one thing, but having a showdown against the criminals themselves and bringing them to justice after a long battle in court struck true with her desires. As such, she streamlined her education towards getting into Themis Legal Academy, sometimes at the cost of failing the (in her mind) irrelevant subjects.

Her childhood was otherwise typical of a girl as energetic as her, barring interference from her often overly protective older brother.

Other: Akayu likes to mimic certain great lawyers and their desk-slamming, but her small frame doesn't offer enough strength to do so satisfactorily. As such, she carries around a small baton that she can slam against it to create that much-needed impact.

She has no special powers, other than an almost unnatural ability to cause trouble.

Her catchphrase is "On it!".

Spoiler: Aoban Onita
(Played by Kami Panda)
Name: Aoban Onita (Blue Oni + extra syllables)

Appearance: Aoban is a rather large, muscular man - probably needlessly muscular for a prosecutor (in training). He has slightly long, dark blue hair and amber eyes. Two strips of hair stick up and curve backwards slightly from either side of his forehead, reminiscent of horns. As a student on the prosecutor course at Themis Legal Academy, he wears their red uniform when out investigating. For casual clothes he generally dresses like a typical metal fan. Sometimes his appearance is intentionally intimidating, when he's trying to keep people away from his sister.

Personality: Much of Aoban's life has been shaped by his love of his sister. While he's not an actual siscon, he's always been in awe of her contagious brightness, and so he feels the need to protect her to make sure that brightness never fades.

He's quite a reserved man when he's not getting aggressive for Akayu's sake, and he generally lets other people take charge. When in (practice) court and he's in charge as prosecutor however, he performs admirably enough. He got to where he is today through sheer hard work, despite not necessarily being suited for his role - his sister generally outperforms him, and those that know him well feel he's probably on the wrong course. It's likely he'd be better off on the judge stream, but he sticks with being a prosecutor for the sake of his sister.

Aoban is quite thorough in all of his activities, including body building and band practice. He's the drummer of the same band as Akayu, one of the rare instances his inner fire is displayed without it being directly due to his sister. While he's generally sensible, he tends to let Akayu do what she wants, even when it's reckless. As a result, there's no voice of reason in this pairing, which catches people by surprise when they first see Aoban as they think he'd keep his sister under control.

Backstory: When Akayu told her brother that she was intending to study law at Themis Legal Academy, Aoban took it upon himself to get there first so he could offer assistance if necessary. Even though he was unsuited to the role of prosecutor, he studied hard and just managed to scrape through the entrance exams. However, once in his skill level showed itself and he was held back repeatedly, eventually dropping to the same grade as his sister once she joined. Some say that he deliberately did this so that he could directly aid her, and in all honesty that's likely at least partially true.

However, his repeated retakings weren't without merit - he has developed a solid foundation of the basics, and sometimes his knowledge surpasses even that of the geniuses on the course, simply due to having it drilled into him until it was second nature.

Other: While he doesn't have any special powers, Aoban is quite strong physically, and he's formidable in a fight.

His sister's catch phrase has rubbed off on him, although he says it with much less energy, enough so that it generally gets lost in his speech as just another part of what he's saying.

Aoban drives a motorbike to travel longer distances, with Akayu riding with him.

Spoiler: Lana Hunter
(Played by General Luigi)
Name: Lana Hunter (née Skye)

Appearance: Her hairstyle is unchanged from her Rise from the Ashes style, though her skin tone and hair color have faded somewhat with age, not to mention she’s gained a few subtle wrinkles. She wears a dark green pantsuit with a dark grey shirt under her jacket now, in addition to closed-toe high-heeled shoes. She still has that red scarf, though. She also has a gold wedding ring on her left ring finger. Finally, she has her Prosecutor’s Badge on her left lapel. I’ve included an image for everyone’s convenience.

Personality: Lana is generally quite kindhearted, going out of her way to make sure those around her are doing well. She’s quite serious when at a crime scene or in court, though.

Background: After being acquitted of murder in 2017, Lana stood trial for multiple counts of obstruction of justice. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years in a minimum security prison. After being released, she retook the Bar Exam, passing easily and ultimately being reinstated as a prosecutor after a special hearing before the PIC. During the Dark Age of the Law, Lana remained honest and even attempted to investigate the cause of all the illegal activities in the Prosecutor’s Office, making her a thorn in the side of those who had embraced the Dark Age of the Law. Her efforts helped get Miles Edgeworth appointed Chief Prosecutor in 2027 after she and a few other honest prosecutors exposed his predecessor’s involvement in the rampant forgery and concealment of evidence that had been going on up to that point.

Relation to Canon Characters: Lana is Detective Ema Skye’s older sister and the two are very close. To the disappointment of both of them, they have yet to handle a case together. She was good friends with Mia Fey. She knows and is on good terms with Miles Edgeworth, Klavier Gavin, Sebastian Debeste, Simon Blackquill, the Judge, Justine Courtney, Dick Gumshoe, Maggey Byrde, Phoenix Wright, Trucy Wright, Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes, Jake Marshall, and Maya Fey. She and Angel Starr used to be friends, but the SL-9 Incident put an end to that. Since then, they’ve been unable to repair their friendship. For understandable reasons, she hates Damon Gant.

Special Powers: Just an efficient brain and a kind heart.

Other: Lana’s husband is Alexander Hunter, a history professor at Ivy University. They have two children: William, who was born in 2022, making him five, and Katherine, who was born in 2025, making her two. I hope no one objects to me giving Lana a family. She strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn’t still be single by this point in the series’s chronology. I would appreciate it if her husband and children remained safe from the villain. As a prosecutor, she’s already dedicated to hunting down the killer, so from a writer’s perspective, I can see no justification for killing off her family.

Spoiler: Jude Schaeffer
(Played by me)
Name: Jude Schaeffer
Height: 6' 0''
Personality: With the help of Tom, he tries to be as friendly as possible. He hasn't quite forgiven the Police department and other lawyers for they treated him two years ago. He's unsure if people completely trust him or if he can trust them. He's easy to work after some convincing. He always puts his job first before anything else. He always strives to be the best Detective he can be.
Background: After transferring from Europe 2 years ago, he was constantly mocked and not take seriously because of the actions of his father, who had turned corrupt. It also didn't help when he was hired by Cryen Payne, a demon Prosecutor. With the help of Tom Baker, another Prosecutor, Jude was able to prove himself as a trusted and dedicated Detective.
Other: He's very bad at fighting and would prefer to avoid conflict where possible. However, he's not afraid to use his firearm if the situation calls for it.
http://imgur.com/1kc0Rtj <Rough sketch of what he looks like

Spoiler: Tom Baker
(Played by me)
Name: Tom L. Baker
Height: 5' 11''
Appearance: Long brown pants and a brown open coat, with a long sleeved white shirt and a thin blue ribbon tie around his collar. Dark spiky/messy hair. Brown eyes.
Personality: A friendly workaholic. He tries his best to keep a working relationship with anyone who assists him or if he's assisting them. Never loses his smile.
Background: A former Detective turned Prosecutor. He was the only one who believed in Jude when everyone else was seemingly against him for a number of reasons, and helped him take down Cryen. Despite being a Proseuctor, he still loves investigating crime scenes and misses his old job.

Last edited by Lhancat on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Mystery in Japanifornia Sign Ups/OOCTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Count. Me. In!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Same here! I'll wait to see what happens before posting characters, I can't decide between canon or OCs yet. (It depends what the norm is, really.)

What happens if no-one signs on as a villain?

I've felt worse.

This sounds interesting. I'm in.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ready for action!

Not quite sure how to work around it if there's no villain. I'd say the characters would continue finding murders and pieces of evidence, but finding the villain dead at the end once the mystery is solved.

You’re so small in such a big world...

This looks really exciting, and I've been itching to RP something like this since finishing Spirit of Justice, so count me in!
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

In Justice We Trust

When in the series does this RP take place? I'm considering joining myself.

As for the problem of the villain possibly having no takers, you might do better to assume the role yourself in that scenario, Lhancat--or at the very least claim to be open to such an option so that the players will be in the dark.
I'll always love you, Max.

Ready for action!

It takes place in between DD and SoJ, there should be enough of a gap between those games to make room for something like this.

As for the villain issue, that's been cleared up! Someone has PM'd me saying they'll be the villain as a last resort if no one else takes it up.

Shy guy

I've started to think about who my characters will be, so before I get too far, I have to ask: is there any kind of backstory we need to adhere to, or at least be aware of? Are there any sort of limitations on what kinds of people we can choose, such as profession? And do we have any set relation to these crimes? Or do we all have our own reasons for investigating?

On a related note, have these crimes been going on a while before this RP starts, or do we stumble across the first few without knowing about how it's going to become a serial case?

Ready for action!

-The murders are all people that were connected to past AA cases in someway. Witnesses, defendants, helpers, etc.

-No limitations at all, since abilities/powers will be getting nerfed!

-Everyone has their own reason for investigation.

-The crimes stumbled upon will be the first few and what kicks things off. Everything goes from there.

Shy guy

Cool cool, about what I expected. That keeps things simple!

Lhancat wrote:
-The murders are all people that were connected to past AA cases in someway. Witnesses, defendants, helpers, etc.

:larry:

Gettin' Old!

I'll probably just take Uncle Ray or something. Had a soft spot for him lately.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

He'll be around 7 years older, so that would be interesting :p

Gettin' Old!

Eh just a few streaks of silver in his hair I guess.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm considering taking Simon Blackquill and a couple OCs, which I will make profiles for when I have more time.

Shy guy

My current plan is to use two OCs, students at Themis Legal Academy. However, I'll wait to see who everyone else is signing up with first, so as not to create too much overlap.

Gettin' Old!

Wait is multiple characters the norm? I should think of some more then.

Dammit the timeline doesn't allow.me to take Bobby Fulbright.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Lhancat wrote:

A solid argument for playing as one's favorite character(s) if I ever saw one.

Shy guy

*signs up with 50 characters*

KamiPanda wrote:
*signs up with 50 characters*

*Signs up with all other PW characters and a goat*

Looks like no one's dead after all. :basil:

In all seriousness, these are the OCs I'm thinking of:

Spoiler: Geoffrey von Karma
Name: Geoffrey von Karma

Appearance: Geoffrey has very short platinum hair streaked with gray and blue eyes. He is six feet tall and quite pale. He wears a black suit over a black collared shirt with a red tie. He seems to radiate calm and class.

Personality: Laid back and aloof, very little seems to faze this guy. He is polite and formal. The only time he ever seems to panic is when it comes to his adoptive daughter.

History: Geoffrey is Manfred's oldest biological child. He was disowned as a teenager and moved to America, changing his last name to "Spencer" so he wouldn't be associated with his father. He became a defense attorney there at the old, old age of 20 and met the love of his life shortly after starting his defense firm. They adopted a child together. His wife died due to medical problems some five years ago.

Very recently, within the past year, someone uncovered Geoffrey's lineage and made it public while accusing him of forging evidence. The accusation was later proven to be false, but ever since that day, no one trusts Geoffrey. He does, after all, have a close to 20 year career and only a few times his clients were found guilty. He is watched very closely whenever he tries to investigate anything, far more so than ever before, and some have called for his disbarment despite the lack of proof that he did anything untoward.

Relation to canon characters: Franziska's older brother. Since being disowned by Manfred, Franziska refuses to even acknowledge he exists.

Geoffrey and Miles Edgeworth knew each other a couple years when Manfred took Miles in, but it wasn't enough to keep Miles from traveling down the path we all know so well. Miles most likely remembers Geoffrey rather fondly (he was, after all, the only one who showed Edgeworth true kindness back then) but can't help but feel as though Geoffrey abandoned him to his fate.

Special Powers: None. Just good old fashioned logic and being fairly perceptive of others.

Other: Geoffrey wears contact lenses.

Spoiler: Katrina von Karma
Name: Katrina von Karma

Appearance: Katrina has fiery red hair and sad, green eyes. She wears a black hoodie over a blue turtle neck and black pants. She's unhealthily skinny and very short due to being malnourished when she was younger. Her skin is very pale. She is always trembling. She wears long clothes to cover up her scars.

Personality: Due to abuses she suffered growing up as an orphan, she is very frightened of everyone, especially men. She does not trust easily, and tends to hide behind Geoffrey even now as he is currently the only one she trusts completely. She has been trying to get over her fears, though, and aid her father in his investigations the best she can. She is pretty smart and insightful when she does speak, but she usually stays quiet.

History: Katrina's parents gave her up for adoption when she was very young. She doesn't remember them at all. All she was told was that they were drug addicts. She suffered abuse in the foster care system and ran away more times than she could count. She was adopted by Geoffrey and his wife about six years ago. Despite Geoffrey's best efforts to help her, Katrina struggles with school and struggles in general.

Relation to canon characters: She has heard of Manfred, Franziska, and Miles (and how they all relate to her and Geoffrey), but hasn't met them personally.

Special Powers: If you put her in front of a computer or an iPhone . . . She can check her e-mail! *GASP* She actually has no special powers.

Other: She has a huge sweet tooth.

I think that covers it. Please let me know if I need to add anything.

Ready for action!

Gonna be posting up my first character. I'm signing up with one more, but I'm waiting for my friend to finish the sketch!

Spoiler: Jude Schaeffer
Height: 6' 0''
Personality: With the help of Tom, he tries to be as friendly as possible. He hasn't quite forgiven the Police department and other lawyers for they treated him two years ago. He's unsure if people completely trust him or if he can trust them. He's easy to work after some convincing. He always puts his job first before anything else. He always strives to be the best Detective he can be.
Background: After transferring from Europe 2 years ago, he was constantly mocked and not take seriously because of the actions of his father, who had turned corrupt. It also didn't help when he was hired by Cryen Payne, a demon Prosecutor. With the help of Tom Baker, another Prosecutor, Jude was able to prove himself as a trusted and dedicated Detective.
Other: He's very bad at fighting and would prefer to avoid conflict where possible. However, he's not afraid to use his firearm if the situation calls for it.

Spoiler: Tom L. Baker
Name: Tom L. Baker
Height: 5' 11''
Appearance: Long brown pants and a brown open coat, with a long sleeved white shirt and a thin blue ribbon tie around his collar. Dark spiky/messy hair. Brown eyes.
Personality: A friendly workaholic. He tries his best to keep a working relationship with anyone who assists him or if he's assisting them. Never loses his smile.
Background: A former Detective turned Prosecutor. He was the only one who believed in Jude when everyone else was seemingly against him for a number of reasons, and helped him take down Cryen. Despite being a Proseuctor, he still loves investigating crime scenes and misses his old job.

And Lida, your OC's are great! No issues at all.

Last edited by Lhancat on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lhancat wrote:

Thank you. :edgey:

Gettin' Old!

Lhancat wrote:
Gonna be posting up my first character. I'm signing up with one more, but I'm waiting for my friend to finish the sketch!

Spoiler: Bio thing
Background: Moved to the US from Europe 2 years ago, and helped take down Cryen Payne, a corrupt Prosecutor. Now works with Prosecutor Baker. He takes his job as a Detective very seriously. He always strives to do his best and makes sure to never screw things up. Still has a bit of self doubt over if people trust him since working for a corrupt Prosecutor.

Uggghhh my brain is drawing a blank so I'll probably rewrite this after lunch.

Nice drawing LC, your own handiwork?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ready for action!

Aha, I wish. That was done by a friend of mine!

Shy guy

I guess it was to be expected that there'd be so many lawyers XD Still, I guess I'll be sticking with my current idea, at least for now.

I don't normally use Japanese-sounding names just for the sake of it, but here it's fitting due to their conceptual origin.

Spoiler: Akayu Onita
Name: Akayu Onita (Red Oni + extra syllables)

Appearance: Akayu is a slightly small girl with long, spiky, dark red hair and amber eyes. One spike of hair sticks up on her right side, reminiscent of a horn. As a student on the prosecutor course at Themis Legal Academy, she wears their red and white uniform when out investigating; otherwise, her casual clothes typically consist of a T-shirt and shorts, with the shirt sometimes being a Gavinners one.

Personality: An energetic, fiery girl who tends to rush headlong into things without a plan, a trait that has lost her many a practice case at the Academy. Despite this, she's the more intelligent of the two siblings, and she generally does well in theory tests. She enjoys being an 'enemy' to defense attorneys, but generally means no harm by it and has only respect for those who try to protect others.

As her casual attire would indicate, she's a massive Gavinners fan, and a fan of rock music in general. She's the singer of a band formed at the Academy.

Backstory: Maybe she watched too many TV shows as a kid, but Akayu has wanted to catch criminals since a rather young age. As she learned more about the legal world, she discovered that prosecuting these criminals was her calling - investigating the aftermath of a crime was one thing, but having a showdown against the criminals themselves and bringing them to justice after a long battle in court struck true with her desires. As such, she streamlined her education towards getting into Themis Legal Academy, sometimes at the cost of failing the (in her mind) irrelevant subjects.

Her childhood was otherwise typical of a girl as energetic as her, barring interference from her often overly protective older brother.

Other: Akayu likes to mimic certain great lawyers and their desk-slamming, but her small frame doesn't offer enough strength to do so satisfactorily. As such, she carries around a small baton that she can slam against it to create that much-needed impact.

She has no special powers, other than an almost unnatural ability to cause trouble.

Her catchphrase is "On it!".

Spoiler: Aoban Onita
Name: Aoban Onita (Blue Oni + extra syllables)

Appearance: Aoban is a rather large, muscular man - probably needlessly muscular for a prosecutor (in training). He has slightly long, dark blue hair and amber eyes. Two strips of hair stick up and curve backwards slightly from either side of his forehead, reminiscent of horns. As a student on the prosecutor course at Themis Legal Academy, he wears their red uniform when out investigating. For casual clothes he generally dresses like a typical metal fan. Sometimes his appearance is intentionally intimidating, when he's trying to keep people away from his sister.

Personality: Much of Aoban's life has been shaped by his love of his sister. While he's not an actual siscon, he's always been in awe of her contagious brightness, and so he feels the need to protect her to make sure that brightness never fades.

He's quite a reserved man when he's not getting aggressive for Akayu's sake, and he generally lets other people take charge. When in (practice) court and he's in charge as prosecutor however, he performs admirably enough. He got to where he is today through sheer hard work, despite not necessarily being suited for his role - his sister generally outperforms him, and those that know him well feel he's probably on the wrong course. It's likely he'd be better off on the judge stream, but he sticks with being a prosecutor for the sake of his sister.

Aoban is quite thorough in all of his activities, including body building and band practice. He's the drummer of the same band as Akayu, one of the rare instances his inner fire is displayed without it being directly due to his sister. While he's generally sensible, he tends to let Akayu do what she wants, even when it's reckless. As a result, there's no voice of reason in this pairing, which catches people by surprise when they first see Aoban as they think he'd keep his sister under control.

Backstory: When Akayu told her brother that she was intending to study law at Themis Legal Academy, Aoban took it upon himself to get there first so he could offer assistance if necessary. Even though he was unsuited to the role of prosecutor, he studied hard and just managed to scrape through the entrance exams. However, once in his skill level showed itself and he was held back repeatedly, eventually dropping to the same grade as his sister once she joined. Some say that he deliberately did this so that he could directly aid her, and in all honesty that's likely at least partially true.

However, his repeated retakings weren't without merit - he has developed a solid foundation of the basics, and sometimes his knowledge surpasses even that of the geniuses on the course, simply due to having it drilled into him until it was second nature.

Other: While he doesn't have any special powers, Aoban is quite strong physically, and he's formidable in a fight.

His sister's catch phrase has rubbed off on him, although he says it with much less energy, enough so that it generally gets lost in his speech as just another part of what he's saying.

Aoban drives a motorbike to travel longer distances, with Akayu riding with him.

Last edited by KamiPanda on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ready for action!

They look great, Kami! Very detailed profiles!

Just edited my own character profile post. Not as detailed as Kami's but hopefully it's good enough!

Shy guy

I like detail :p

Your bios are good too though! Did you come up with Cryen Payne?

Gettin' Old!

Hold up LC, you're playing AND GMing?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ready for action!

That was the plan, yes!

Kami: I did! Won't be seeing him her since he's in jail, but hopefully I can show him off later once my fangame starts development!

Shy guy

So who's in charge of knowing anything about the mystery?

Ready for action!

The mystery won't be known by anyone at first. As the others find evidence and murders, things will become more clear.

If that's not the point of the question then I apologize. ^^;;

Shy guy

If no-one knows the mystery, how do we find evidence towards it? Like, if we don't know that the murder really happened in the pantry, how does anyone know that there's blood to be found there? There needs to be at least one person who knows these things so that they can inform the others what happens when they try a luminol test in each room, say.

Gettin' Old!

But you'll know the murderer, villain and when all the powers are used throughout the game?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Yeah, that. Basically, the GM normally handles all that sort of thing while being outside of the story, due to knowing all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

If the GM knows what they need to do to control the story, then they can't participate as they know all the mysteries already. If the GM participates and doesn't know about the mysteries, then there's no-one who has the knowledge required to advance the story.

In Justice We Trust

I don't know if I'd say that the GM can't participate in such a scenario. Rather, they just need to exercise a great deal of restraint and let the players figure things out for themselves. Ideally, the GMPCs are there to nudge everyone in the right direction if the players have spent enough time demonstrating that they have no idea what to do. It's a delicate balancing game, but one that can be played well.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I don't know if I'd say that the GM can't participate in such a scenario. Rather, they just need to exercise a great deal of restraint and let the players figure things out for themselves. Ideally, the GMPCs are there to nudge everyone in the right direction if the players have spent enough time demonstrating that they have no idea what to do. It's a delicate balancing game, but one that can be played well.

Yeah but General that sounds like a description of GM-controlled NPCs rather than PCs.

NPCs serve as Guideposts but PCs are fully involved.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

It is certainly true that GMPCs are supposed to be more involved in the main story, but as with NPCs, they are supposed to at most share the spotlight with the other PCs. Admittedly, I don't have any experience controlling a GMPC in a mystery RP, nor have I been in a mystery RP with GMPCs before. As such, I can only hypothesize based on what experience I do have and what advice I've taken from others.

On a different note, I have a character to submit.
Spoiler: Lana Hunter (née Skye)
Name: Lana Hunter (née Skye)

Appearance: Her hairstyle is unchanged from her Rise from the Ashes style, though her skin tone and hair color have faded somewhat with age, not to mention she’s gained a few subtle wrinkles. She wears a dark green pantsuit with a dark grey shirt under her jacket now, in addition to closed-toe high-heeled shoes. She still has that red scarf, though. She also has a gold wedding ring on her left ring finger. Finally, she has her Prosecutor’s Badge on her left lapel. I’ve included an image for everyone’s convenience.

Personality: Lana is generally quite kindhearted, going out of her way to make sure those around her are doing well. She’s quite serious when at a crime scene or in court, though.

Background: After being acquitted of murder in 2017, Lana stood trial for multiple counts of obstruction of justice. She pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years in a minimum security prison. After being released, she retook the Bar Exam, passing easily and ultimately being reinstated as a prosecutor after a special hearing before the PIC. During the Dark Age of the Law, Lana remained honest and even attempted to investigate the cause of all the illegal activities in the Prosecutor’s Office, making her a thorn in the side of those who had embraced the Dark Age of the Law. Her efforts helped get Miles Edgeworth appointed Chief Prosecutor in 2027 after she and a few other honest prosecutors exposed his predecessor’s involvement in the rampant forgery and concealment of evidence that had been going on up to that point.

Relation to Canon Characters: Lana is Detective Ema Skye’s older sister and the two are very close. To the disappointment of both of them, they have yet to handle a case together. She was good friends with Mia Fey. She knows and is on good terms with Miles Edgeworth, Klavier Gavin, Sebastian Debeste, Simon Blackquill, the Judge, Justine Courtney, Dick Gumshoe, Maggey Byrde, Phoenix Wright, Trucy Wright, Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes, Jake Marshall, and Maya Fey. She and Angel Starr used to be friends, but the SL-9 Incident put an end to that. Since then, they’ve been unable to repair their friendship. For understandable reasons, she hates Damon Gant.

Special Powers: Just an efficient brain and a kind heart.

Other: Lana’s husband is Alexander Hunter, a history professor at Ivy University. They have two children: William, who was born in 2022, making him five, and Katherine, who was born in 2025, making her two. I hope no one objects to me giving Lana a family. She strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn’t still be single by this point in the series’s chronology. I would appreciate it if her husband and children remained safe from the villain. As a prosecutor, she’s already dedicated to hunting down the killer, so from a writer’s perspective, I can see no justification for killing off her family.

Ready for action!

As already stated, I have no intention of giving my characters an unfair advantage. They're very underdeveloped as they are, since they're actually OC's in a fangame I'm developing. I figured an RP like this would help be get them developed a little bit and help me get their personalities and characteristics sorted.

The only thing I even know is the villain. Everything else is already stated in character profiles. I'm not asking people to tell me their next move or what power they're going to use against who. That's all on you guys. I'm merely going to be in contact with the villain about the sort of evidence to leave behind and where, combined with the occasional NPC nudging to guide the story along.

My characters will not know who the villain is, they're only going to be the "first" people to find the first piece of evidence. Apart from that, they're going to just as clueless as everyone else. I'm not even giving them special powers, considering the style of the RP.

*I say first but realistically, everyone finds a different piece of evidence at the same time as them in a different place. This is just for my opening post to kick things off.

On another note, how do we go about transport? My characters drive but most AA characters walk everywhere.

Gettin' Old!

Or cycle everywhere.

I trust the General's opinion on the matter so if he says it's fine I'm willing to give it a shot.

By the way General is Alexander Hunter sneaky self-insert :P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Oh, so Lana is his waifu :basil:

I'm fine with it working this way, but it's good to sort things out. If the GM knows all the evidence so that they can announce when people find it, that means they have to know all of the hidden evidence as well, the stuff you're not supposed to find unless you figure something out.

Then there are the witnesses. The GM has to know all that they know, even when the witness doesn't want to reveal it. On the point of powers, if someone secretly wants to use a power on a witness to reveal further information, the GM has to know that so that they can say what information gets revealed - in other words, they have to know even the secret things a witness is hiding.

Finally, there's the villain. By the sounds of it, they're working behind the scenes rather than walking around with us. However, if it ever comes down to having a list of suspects that we need to choose from, the GM will know already which one it is.

All three of these things technically give the GM an 'advantage' if they participate, as they can use that information to guide their characters' actions, even if they're only doing it subconsciously. Like I said, I'm still fine with that, but it's still a thing that needs to be considered.

For transport, Aoban can drive a motorbike, and Akayu can ride with him. That doesn't leave room for anyone else though, unfortunately.
Page 1 of 2 [ 72 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads