Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 4 of 5[ 187 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Case four discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:
Talking about Uuendo himself...I don't think his animations and concept are as entertaining as the design team thought they were. For multiple personalites...a complex and delicate matter (way to go Athena in insensitively outing mental health issues again) to be relegated to what is little more than emotions? That's so disappointing and it doesn't really live up to the hype of "Multiple Personalities" it just ends up coming across as the usual "resistant" "neutral" "goofy" emotions almost any character in Ace Attorney ends up with. If your multiple personalities are fully fledged...personalities shouldn't they each have their own range of emotions and feelings? But no Patches is only goofy, Kisame (whatever her name is) is only arrogrant and resistant and Uuendo is only spooked and neutral. If it wasn't for the alcohol-knockout revealing a fourth personality I almost wouldn't believe him about the multiple personality thing. Owen didn't turn out to be too interesting either, with an extremely limited range of emotions and animations.

Okay, now this I can't let slide.
Spoiler:
Uendo's design, animations, and personalities are all intricate references to rakugo. For instance, rakugo usually has a conversation between two people, and the performer will represent/differentiate the two by looking left for one of the characters and right for the other--which is why Patches is always facing one direction and Kisegawa is always facing another. The fan that Uendo is always playing with? It's one of the two exclusive props that rakugo performers use. And all three of his personalities are basically rakugo stock characters.

I'm not going to fault you for knowing this stuff, or say that you should have liked him, but his design is a lot deeper and more intricate than you may have realized :P

Spoiler:
That's fair, but they did explain that stuff. Sahdmahdi gives a detailed explanation that Rakugo is basically storytelling with one character playing all the actors using limited props. I just found his range of animations quite dull, however perhaps that just says more about me and Rakugo storytelling than the design. It's not that I don't understand his design, I just think that it's a bit of wasted potential with regards to his multiple personalities. It downplays them to make him seem...just like a regular Rakugo artist.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wotter boy

I just realised that TECHNICALLY Bucky is drinking underage lol (Since the US drinking age is 21)
But the drinking age in Japan is like, 20 or something, right?

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
I just realised that TECHNICALLY Bucky is drinking underage lol (Since the US drinking age is 21)
But the drinking age in Japan is like, 20 or something, right?

Huh. Never thought of that. Then again, I live in Canada, where the drinking age is 19 (18 in Quebec), so I don't really keep other countries' drinking ages in mind.

True ending of 6-4: Bucky gets off the hook for murder, gets arrested for underage drinking.

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee...

Spoiler:
Honestly, I would call this the worst case of the whole series. The translation is too literal, rooted in too much Japanese culture with a lack of other characters that you're invested in from playing the series that make it worth playing for the regular North American player that's not a Japanophile. The breakdown was pretty lame, and there's not much buildup or really a motive to the murder. She was jealous of not inheriting her father's name, so she murdered him? It seems far too rooted in Rakugo theater, which has no equivalency in the west. I honestly think this should have been a DLC case for the US. Also the case is long with no investigation...for a Case 4 this is definitely the worst of all of the series. I just had no attachments to anyone or anything while playing this case. Sorry, but this made Spirit of Justice take a big hit for me. It was an Athena DLC case, nothing more.

Beauty and grace.

I do agree that it probably should have been made a DLC case, and instead maybe have another case that would be a better transition from case 3 to case 5. Or even put Klavier in there for God's sake instead of Nahyuta. He would have fit so well into the case.

Gettin' Old!

scarlet-flowers wrote:
I do agree that it probably should have been made a DLC case, and instead maybe have another case that would be a better transition from case 3 to case 5. Or even put Klavier in there for God's sake instead of Nahyuta. He would have fit so well into the case.

Lets not forget that Edgeworth SPECIALLY requested Nahyuta for this! /sarcasm
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

This is what happens when they don't have me on the team. I would have turned it into a Japanese-Italian restaurant... and skate rink. And it's the perfect setting for a birthday party.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Uendo doesn't make any sense if you don't know what rakugo is, though.

I think this could have worked better as a tutorial case. It's just too random to be before the grand finale.

Gettin' Old!

What were the rakugo name puns for the two witnesses anyway?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
This is what happens when they don't have me on the team. I would have turned it into a Japanese-Italian restaurant... and skate rink. And it's the perfect setting for a birthday party.

For what it's worth, Bucky actually arrives with a plate of burgers in the post-trial wrap-up, so that was kinda fun
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Hot Dog

Well, I've just finished this case. I enjoyed it more than I expected, I had kinda low expectations because of all the bad impressions that I saw about it. I'll talk more about it in the spoiler:

Spoiler:
As I said, I enjoyed it, but I can understand all the hate that it's getting. A filler case so unrelated to the game's main plot seems completely out of place, but I think that's exactly why I liked it so much. Bucky was annoying although in the end I got to care a little about him; Uendo was simply fantastic, I liked the twist about his alternate personalities and I liked all of them. I was expecting for his fourth personality to be the culprit, so it surprised when Owen turned out to be just a little kid. And finally, Geiru was a bit anticlimatic, given that it was rather easy to take her down, but she was enjoyable and I liked the reason behind her crime, it's not that common in the Ace Attorney universe.

I liked Athena a lot, although I didn't like how rookie she seemed. I mean, of course, she's still a rookie, but in DD's case 3 (her first case!) she was a lot more capable and skilled than in this one, where it was Simon who did most things. But she was funny and her interactions with Simon were gold.

Talking about Blackquill, it was great to see him back. I liked that this case was centered about Athena's relationship with him. It was really sweet. Undoubtedly my favourite part of this case.

And I liked the focus on the Mood Matrix! It was really easy to know what to do in each Mood Matrix segment, but whatever, I love the Mood Matrix!

All the Japanese stuff was a bit confusing, though. The twist behind the murder weapon (it was udon dough, not soba dough omg!!) was played as something big that should shock the player, but my face was rather emotionless XD Anyway, I prefer this than the translation team changing the setting to some pizzeria or something along that lines, as some people joked about before the game's release in the West.

In the end, it was an OK case. I liked it and I would like to play it again someday. Of course, it's this game's weakest case, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing if the case is still a really good case!

I didn't like this case that much :/

I haven't read the other posts yet so I don't know what the consensus is but I will say in advance that I knew this was a filler, trial-only case with Athena and Blackquill. That allowed me to go into this case with an open mind and see it as something fun and extra
Spoiler: Case 4
I like that they actually gave Athena a case instead of just forgetting about her and I loved Blackquill in this case too. As I said in another thread, this was Nayuta's best case. I still do wish the case had a different prosecutor though. Though I thought about it and realized that it's so rare for a prosecutor to get another case after their debut game (Edgeworth, Franziska, and Lang are the only ones I think. And Edgeworth is Edgeworth while Franziska got half a case) that I don't really blame the writers for wanting to milk him for as much as they can

Uendo was an extremely entertaining character and I thought it was really clever how they tied in his rakugo profession and multiple personality disorder, especially since the two people at the defense bench are psychologists. It made the mood matrix a clever integration too. He also made the case worth it alone and the most clever part of the case for me was how he deliberately bombed his performance because it would be suspicious to hear laughing from outside the dressing room (though I think any well-versed AA fan knew that the victim was already dead when Simon just heard him and didn't see him for himself)

Geiru was a weak culprit. When she first appeared, I thought she'd be innocent cause she was the first witness. Then she had one testimony that contributed nothing and had a significant contradiction that was brushed aside by everyone and then she just left. You're telling me you gave a character a design like that, had her pop one balloon and give one testimony, and you expect me to believe that's all we're seeing of her? Get out of here. I also thought her motive felt like tacked-on sympathy. I don't know, she didn't feel real to me :/

The case also felt really short, I'm pretty sure 3-4 was longer. I was really, really tired when I started the second half of this case (I had been going to sleep on and off since 11 PM and finally played it at like 5 in the morning) but my laundry takes 90 minutes to do so I figured I'd play most of the next section. I should've had plenty of time considering Bucky hadn't taken the stand yet and I still had to do the final confrontation wtih Geiru as well as see Owen, but it was over after an hour. Geiru had like two testimonies and being American, the revelation that he was suffocated with different dough felt like nothing to me

So yeah, case was way too Japanese for me to get into but I thought it had problems beyond that. The mystery was so uninteresting that it felt like a fangame (I know there are some really good ones out there) or a case from the manga, which I never read but am just guessing from what I've heard. "He was suffocated by Udon dough, not Soba! And her blood got on the dough! So she fed it to the dog who buried it in the yard!"

Also I may very well be an idiot but am I the only one who didn't realize Bucky was drunk until they brought up sake? Given that this is AA I really thought they wouldn't have made a drunk character so I thought it was just a quirk of him or something or I dunno. But they never mentioned sake either so I had no clue that that's what was on the table when the time came to present it

It also felt way too convenient that Bucky also had an unexplained bandage on his forehead and he's probably the most forgettable defendant I've seen in this series ever, I am not joking

Also is this a giant plothole or....?

Spoiler:
Bucky went in the room and screamed for 10 minutes while the victim was dead. What was he doing?

Thankfully I don't really see this case as that much of a hit to the game though. It's rare enough to get 5 full separate mysteries in a given AA and we also have a full DLC case on the way. So I still ended up seeing this case as a fun, extra thing that you either enjoyed or didn't

Edit:
Spoiler: One more thing
Did the game ever say that Geiru was wearing perfume? I played the first half of the case like a few days before the second but I don't really remember it even being an off-handed comment. I mean obviously she's the only girl in the case so figuring out her as the one wearing perfume wasn't difficult but eh

Gettin' Old!

In reply to above:
Spoiler:
Yes it mentioned she was wearing perfume briefly at the end of her first testimony.

Of course it helps that she's the only non-dead, non-legal professional, non-obvious person in the Court Record at the time.

Seriously hated this case so much, go check my post earlier on the matter if you like.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You're among several who complained about this case, so rest assured you're not alone.

But I'm not sure where the "too Japanese" comments are coming from. Do you guys need explanation or something? Did the localization not do enough? I'm honestly curious.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Also is this a giant plothole or....?

Spoiler:
Bucky went in the room and screamed for 10 minutes while the victim was dead. What was he doing?

It's mentioned in-game.
Spoiler:
He was literally screaming because he thought the old man was ignoring him. Then again, he was drunk...

Quote:
Edit:
Spoiler: One more thing
Did the game ever say that Geiru was wearing perfume? I played the first half of the case like a few days before the second but I don't really remember it even being an off-handed comment. I mean obviously she's the only girl in the case so figuring out her as the one wearing perfume wasn't difficult but eh

I had this issue too.
Spoiler:
It seems the perfume bit came out of nowhere and we just assumed it was her. Nahyuta was right. That was a pretty weak basis.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Spoiler: the whole case
I'm pretty sure Geiru made a comment about how Bucky was always telling her to get away from him because her perfume would get on his soba during her first testimomy.

As for the 'too Japanese' part, for me at least it was mostly the dough twist, which doesn't make any sense unless you know something about Japanese noodles. And the fact that you need constant infodumps just to understand what is going on kind of kills the flow

Spoiler: Response to above
Hm, perhaps I just missed it on my second play...

As for soba / buckwheat allergy, it's definitely something that would affect Japanese more than other ethnicities, but it's not unheard of outside Japan. As little as the localization did to this case, the original case was actually designed to help those players less accustomed to rakugo and the tricks of soba by putting it through the eyes of an "American"-raised international student. It was also more convenient that Blackquill retained his Japanese fervor, so he'd be the right guy for these explanations.

But perhaps it's not as appealing to the west because of lesser known trivia that's slipped in so casually.

The problem with it being "too Japanese", at least for me, is what luck said about the constant info dumps

Take Case 1 for example. You're in a new country and you're going to be there for the rest of the game so it eases you into its culture and explains everything naturally to Nick who's experiencing it all for the first time

The soba/rakugo thing only exists in this case and not beyond it so the game needs to make sure you keep track of all of it. So rather than just kind of learning everything (like how Case 1 would tie in the culture with the new gameplay mechanic), I moreso had to memorize everything and know it's important for later

A Kirby and AA fan

I did like this case, but it was a bit rough to get into. The first hour or so, I kept wondering why Athena took on this case... She didn't have a single conversation with the defendant before taking on the trial. She didn't do any kind of investigation. She didn't read into any of the case details. Yet she took the case because...? Blackquill told her to?
I would almost accept that for a reason, weren't it for the fact that Athena kept proclaiming how she definitely believes in the defendant, despite not having spoken to him before. I know she can't really say she doesn't trust him or anything, but the game really presented it as if Athena believes Bucky didn't do it for no apparent reason at all

Then of course there's the thing that this completely killed any momentum Case 3 had. People have talked about this particular point on length, so I'll not really say more about this, other than the fact I think it'd be better if they switched Case 3 and 4. Really, it would then also make more sense for Nahyuta, since he wouldn't have to travel back and forth between the two countries within days. He'd have traveled to Japanifornia for 2 cases and then went back to Khura'in

And lastly, as others have mentioned, this was "too Japanese". I love Japanese stuff and that's why it wasn't an issue after an hour, but it's such a 180 in tone and expectations that I just had to flip a switch in my mind, and that took a while. After I stopped taking the case too seriously (really, as Monroe said, this kinda had the feeling of an unofficial case) it was fine. I love filler cases, but this one broke the momentum too much and had such a different tone even for a filler case

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I really didn't have any problems with the case other than the fact that it felt weird in between these two massive story cases. I think my issue is that SoJ was different from the main games in that it took place over a couple of weeks (most main AA games take place over months and months). I think if the other cases weren't so linked together or if this one had been it would have felt less out of place (or if this case had been a little longer).

I love filler cases; most of my favorite cases are filler cases, but I thin filler cases can feel out of place when the majority of the game is episodic (it would be similar to one of the AAI games having a filler case right in the middle of the game. It feels weird because of how close the other cases are in both subject matter and date/time. I think 6-2 works because it's a full case with a lot of the characters that will come into play later one (and it is also the reintroduction of the Japanifornia characters for the first time).

I almost wonder if I might enjoy it more if I played it after 6-2 rather than 6-3. It might mess with the pacing but it would feel better thematically to me.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Spoiler: Response to above
Hm, perhaps I just missed it on my second play...

As for soba / buckwheat allergy, it's definitely something that would affect Japanese more than other ethnicities, but it's not unheard of outside Japan. As little as the localization did to this case, the original case was actually designed to help those players less accustomed to rakugo and the tricks of soba by putting it through the eyes of an "American"-raised international student. It was also more convenient that Blackquill retained his Japanese fervor, so he'd be the right guy for these explanations.

But perhaps it's not as appealing to the west because of lesser known trivia that's slipped in so casually.

Spoiler:
I'm okay with the buckwheat allergy, it's the udon twist that rubbed me the wrong way, because I knew nothing about udon other that it was some kind of food (and the only reason I knew that it's probably because I heard it mentioned in some anime or something like that) before Athena suddenly jumped to that conclusion. It's specially jarring since Athena was being portrayed as having no idea what any of that Japanese stuff was up to that point (so the player wouldn't feel left out, I assume) and she even got scolded for referring to sake as rice wine a few minutes earlier. But now she knows what udon is and its relation to soba? I mean, udon isn't sushi or another world-known delicatessen. It's a pretty specific thing that you'd only know if you're into Japanese food. I certainly felt left out that moment, because I would have needed to know something that hadn't been referred to before in the case to figure out the mystery, and I don't think that's fair.

luck wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm okay with the buckwheat allergy, it's the udon twist that rubbed me the wrong way, because I knew nothing about udon other that it was some kind of food (and the only reason I knew that it's probably because I heard it mentioned in some anime or something like that) before Athena suddenly jumped to that conclusion. It's specially jarring since Athena was being portrayed as having no idea what any of that Japanese stuff was up to that point (so the player wouldn't feel left out, I assume) and she even got scolded for referring to sake as rice wine a few minutes earlier. But now she knows what udon is and its relation to soba? I mean, udon isn't sushi or another world-known delicatessen. It's a pretty specific thing that you'd only know if you're into Japanese food. I certainly felt left out that moment, because I would have needed to know something that hadn't been referred to before in the case to figure out the mystery, and I don't think that's fair.

Spoiler:
Being a Californian, I could argue to the contrary. Japanese or Japanese-like noodle shops are all over the place, and chances are, they may serve a few udon dishes, even if udon isn't their specialty.

But I understand it isn't the case everywhere. It just makes more sense to me that Athena would know, so it's not entirely out from left field.

The difference was briefly mentioned by Bucky, but iirc, it came out offhandedly, though it was how she figured it out.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think there was a case from the manga that had to do with Buckwheat allergies, so the whole buckwheat noodle thing has come up before, even if not "officially". I think that helped it make sense quickly for me (also, as Rubia mentioned, it's pretty common in California. I don't think any of these elements would feel out of place in Los Angeles.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

A Kirby and AA fan

Spoiler: Udon
If I recall correctly, you personally don't even need to know the exact difference between Udon and Soba. The only thing you needed to figure out is that Udon should rest whereas Soba shouldn't. That's what the flashback right before the reveal was about. It was Bucky saying you shouldn't let Soba rest, but you should let Udon rest. And that's when you should figure out what the "Resting" note was about. From there, Athena just takes the case and explains that buckwheat difference without you needing to know that, I think?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Nurio wrote:
If I recall correctly, you personally don't even need to know the exact difference between Udon and Soba. The only thing you needed to figure out is that Udon should rest whereas Soba shouldn't. That's what the flashback right before the reveal was about. It was Bucky saying you shouldn't let Soba rest, but you should let Udon rest. And that's when you should figure out what the "Resting" note was about. From there, Athena just takes the case and explains that buckwheat difference without you needing to know that, I think?

Exactly right.

Oh and thank you Rubia for clarification on that one bit and Pierre/Luck for clarification on the perfume thing

Enoshima Junko-chan!

One thing though
Spoiler:
The "Resting" note and Bucky's comments on not letting buckwheat rest is what is used to determine that a different dough was the murder weapon. How did we arrive at the conclusion that it was udon dough?

MBr wrote:
One thing though
Spoiler:
The "Resting" note and Bucky's comments on not letting buckwheat rest is what is used to determine that a different dough was the murder weapon. How did we arrive at the conclusion that it was udon dough?

Spoiler:
Ol' Taifu was making noodles, and udon does need to rest, so it's a good fit.

I admit that it would take a bit of Japanese trivia to know the purpose of the soba kneading instruments in the corner of the room. It's probably because of them, the noodle stocks, and the flour strung all over that the police figured the victim was making noodles. Still, the instruments aren't integral to the case since they just suggest Bucky was there.

Beauty and grace.

Nurio wrote:

Thing about that that bugged me is the dialogue went so fast that I barely had time to digest it. That barfing animation is really inconvenient.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler:
I was most confused on how the conclusion is made that the murder weapon is udon dough. It makes sense now that I look back, but what got me was how letting dough for udon rest was conveyed. Bucky said that he doesn't let soba rest, unlike udon. I never made the connection that letting the dough rest (for a considerable time) is part of the process of making udon. I thought "Couldn't you let the dough rest for other noodles?"

Anyway, I think this case would have been better suited as a third case rather than a fourth case. The penultimate case functions best as a way to set up the finale (look at how it's done in AA1, AA3, DD, and the Investigations games), and that's what 6-3 was going for. This case's position kills the momentum since it has no bearing on the overarching plot.

For what it's worth, Athena did grow by the end of this case, but it has no effect on the rest of the game, either. She doesn't act any different and even without this case, she still would have insisted on helping in the finale and Phoenix still would have turned her down (she's too young to die).

I noticed that the inheritance/legacy theme is present even at the very end of the case. Athena closes the episode by saying that she inherited Phoenix, Apollo, and Simon's passion for law, and that she'll see where her career takes her.

I actually don't think it would've been better if this were Case 3. If I had to place this case somewhere among the other 4 cases, it would be here. 6-1 was the perfect tutorial (might be my favorite tutorial case of the series), 6-2 needed to be an Apollo case and you can't follow up a tutorial case with another trial-only case

6-3 was too long and intense to be right before the 5th case and had it been the 4th case, I think it would be too late in the game to introduce Maya. I think this case gives the plot room to breathe especially since 6-3 did so much setting up. It's definitely a change in the formula but I've heard 6-5 is a monster of a case anyway so I don't think having a huge set-up case right before it would've done the game any favors

The only flaw that comes with 6-4's placement (as opposed to being placed elsewhere) is as others said, Nayuta being the prosecutor.. But that's so minor in the grand scheme that it's barely even worth worrying about

A Kirby and AA fan

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
I was most confused on how the conclusion is made that the murder weapon is udon dough. It makes sense now that I look back, but what got me was how letting dough for udon rest was conveyed. Bucky said that he doesn't let soba rest, unlike udon. I never made the connection that letting the dough rest (for a considerable time) is part of the process of making udon. I thought "Couldn't you let the dough rest for other noodles?"

Yeah, I agree, and this required a bit of meta-gaming...
Spoiler:
After all, right before the reveal, you have the flashback with Bucky talking about letting Udon rest, and Athena then mentions that this changes the meaning of one piece of evidence, making you present the note about resting. That introduces the player to the rule of (resting = Udon, no resting = Soba), even though there are probably plenty of other types of noodles that fall into the resting or no-resting category. Simply because the game never mentioned or explained other noodles, you'll know they won't come into play and only these two types exist and their sole difference are the two that are explained (the buckwheat and the resting).

Basically with all foreign, niche or abstract concepts that require explanation... Only take the explained parts for granted. Nothing else exists, even if you know or figure better, because if other details were relevant, they would've been explained.

迷探偵

That is how all good, fair-play mystery stories are written. The elements that are needed to solve the mystery are either explicitly mentioned in the narrative, or decently hinted at, and "everything else" is assumed not to exist (i.e. there's no alien transportation device that allows the murderer to transport away out of a locked room, unless mentioned, or hinted at). Fair-play mystery fiction is basically a game, so assume that all the puzzle pieces are presented and that anything else is irrelevant.

That is why I never really understood people complaining about the finale of 2-3, because the "thing" had been established as 1) existing and 2) the only thing left in a certain state. It was all mentioned in the narrative...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Wotter boy

Isn't this the only other case (Farewell, My Turnabout being the first) where asphyxiation/suffocation was the cause of death?

A Kirby and AA fan

Ash wrote:
That is why I never really understood people complaining about the finale of 2-3, because the "thing" had been established as 1) existing and 2) the only thing left in a certain state. It was all mentioned in the narrative...

Sorry, slightly off topic, but what thing is that? I had no issues with the mystery part of Case 2-3; just didn't like the characterization. So I have no idea what this "thing" is...

迷探偵

Nurio wrote:
Ash wrote:

Sorry, slightly off topic, but what thing is that? I had no issues with the mystery part of Case 2-3; just didn't like the characterization. So I have no idea what this "thing" is...

Spoiler: 2-3
The fact the murder weapon was carried out Acro's room in the wheelchair. By that time, it had already been established that 1) the wheelchair existed and that 2) that was the only thing in Acro's room that had left the room w/o being searched by the police. Yet I see many people getting surprised when the story comes to that point where you need to figure out where the murder weapon is.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Spoiler: 2-3
It's because they didn't establish he had a blanket covering the bottom of the wheelchair. We needed a full-body sprite at one point. I didn't really care since I figured it out but I do think it's fair to think that that's unfair

Wotter boy

[]I'm somewhat amused how this case got a whole section of a blog[]

Does anyone wanna give a summary of the Japanese joke structure that Hsu was talking about?

http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... 1352206613

I'm curious :pearl:

The video game boy; the one who wins

"E: Exactly. At the time, we had wanted to do an episode that was based around Athena, and there is this great pun regarding Time Soba (Toki Soba) that I wanted to make, and that became one of the reasons why the episode is centered on rakugo."

He did it for the sake of a pun...? Bless his soul. :acro:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Wotter boy

Going for Miles wrote:
"E: Exactly. At the time, we had wanted to do an episode that was based around Athena, and there is this great pun regarding Time Soba (Toki Soba) that I wanted to make, and that became one of the reasons why the episode is centered on rakugo."

He did it for the sake of a pun...? Bless his soul. :acro:

Isn't that the entire nature of Ace Attorney though?
PUNS
Page 4 of 5 [ 187 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)