Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 93 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

dullahan1 wrote:
I know when I bought FFX for the Vita, it came bundled with a digital download code for FFX-2. At the time when I bought it, it wasn't sold separately, they only had those bundles. I find it odd though if they are selling them separate now, considering that it still comes as a bundle on the PS3 and PS4.

Right, that's why it's sold separately on the Vita. The vita cartridge only has FFX (I assume due to memory constraints), and FFX-2 is download only on the Vita. So since you can have FFX without X-2 (or vice versa, for whatever reason), they need to split them and offer them separately for the Vita. But on the PS3/4, X and X-2 are on the same disc, so if you have one you always have the other, so there's no reason to sell them separately.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Oh, I thought you meant they were selling physical copies of FFX-2 on the Vita now. The only means I had known at the time was getting it digitally. Do they only sell FFX physically by itself now though? Like I said, back when I bought FFX on the Vita, every copy of FFX came included with a digital download code of FFX-2. I knew you could buy them separately digitally, but as far as I knew, if you ever bought FFX physically, you always got FFX-2 as well, albeit digitally.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

1000% Knight

New they're only bundled I think, but if you get a used physical copy of FFX, I'd say the chances that the X-2 code is still available are pretty low...

Meh. I'm mostly just waiting for last month's salary to be put onto my account, then I can order the PS3 version.
See, half this problem could be solved if games were released with Dual Audio more frequently. :will:

C-A

Bad Player wrote:
New they're only bundled I think, but if you get a used physical copy of FFX, I'd say the chances that the X-2 code is still available are pretty low...

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, I was a little confused. XD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I checked out a video that compared the PS2/PS3/Vita graphics of X/X-2.
Mostly it looks like all they did was darken the colors on the characters, but also apparently LIGHTEN the environment.
Also, I think they minorly altered the facial structures?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I checked out a video that compared the PS2/PS3/Vita graphics of X/X-2.
Mostly it looks like all they did was darken the colors on the characters, but also apparently LIGHTEN the environment.
Also, I think they minorly altered the facial structures?

C-A

When X looked bad...it was using it's battle models and no amount of uprezzing would save those.

That said original X is a beaaauutiful looking game in many places.

Remastering that game just reeks of "cash cow" more than any other one they've done.

Least they could have done was give us online multiplayer blitzball.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

At least for the West though, there was a reason to get the HD remaster considering we didn't have access to the PS2 international version.

I do think the main character models look better, but it looks really grating when they didn't even bother updating most NPCs or barely touching on them. It looks very out of place.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
At least for the West though, there was a reason to get the HD remaster considering we didn't have access to the PS2 international version.

I do think the main character models look better, but it looks really grating when they didn't even bother updating most NPCs or barely touching on them. It looks very out of place.

Pretty sure Europeans had the international version. I hear one of the defining things for that were the Dark Aeons I think an my copy had those.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Well dang. I guess us Americans were the only ones who missed out on that version.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Pierre wrote:
When X looked bad...it was using it's battle models and no amount of uprezzing would save those.

That said original X is a beaaauutiful looking game in many places.

Remastering that game just reeks of "cash cow" more than any other one they've done.

True, X had some wonderful graphics, even at its time. Unlike VII

Honestly, I don't mind the HD Remaster... but I probably would have preferred... you know... a full 'remaster'. As in, really update the graphics or character models. With their current technology. I'm sure they could make the characters look pretty cool and all that.

dullahan1 wrote:

As Pierre said, AMERICA never got it. What with the original release of X on the PS2 being delayed for so long in Europe, they just decided, "Fuck it. They released an International version in Japan, let's just localize that one to Europe." so the European players always had the 'Expert Sphere Grid' and Penance (joy) and Dark Aeons (joy). (Though I HATED how you had to watch the tutorial for the Sphere Grid, even if you were using the Expert one... which is different from the one in the tutorial)

Though when it came to releasing X-2, we got the regular version. Btw, I read that the Festival-Goer (or Festivalist? From what I've seen?) dresssphere is based on the concept that an 8 year old apparently drew some time and they decided to add it. That's cute.

C-A

Thanks Cat. Pretty sure I understood Pierre the first time.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:

Time-zone induced differences and not reading the newest post to the end, is all. :ron:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:

Y'know I feel I should pick a fight with Cat over something sometime. Too many agreements is disconcerting to me.

In other news seeing Shin Megami Tensei 4 on sale has made me buy it.

Its pretty neat but goddamn it if bargaining with demons isn't frustrating. Still I guess that's the point, demons are tricksy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Its pretty neat but goddamn it if bargaining with demons isn't frustrating. Still I guess that's the point, demons are tricksy.

Worst part is, it's completely random. Even if being nice to the Faery worked last time, when you get another one (for some reason), she suddenly likes you when you tell them that you'll break their neck if they don't come along or give you money... worst part of SMT IV is the beginning. Once you get out of Naraku's lower levels, it's better.

C-A

Does anyone know if there has been news of getting a pre-order bonus when preordering (Japanese) Persona 5? I checked on Play-Asia and only see things like LE, CE or 20th Anniversary editions that have extra stuff, but not the game itself. If there isn't any extra for preordering the regular game, I might just wait to import until after it's released... though I doubt the price will quickly drop from 75€.

C-A

迷探偵

Plenty of pre-order goodies for the normal version, from bags to posters and key holders, depending on where you buy it. And nope, Play-Asia (obviously) isn't one of the shops participating with this.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Plenty of pre-order goodies for the normal version, from bags to posters and key holders, depending on where you buy it. And nope, Play-Asia (obviously) isn't one of the shops participating with this.

Ah. Hmmm, none of that stuff looks like anything worthwhile for me. Then I'll just wait post-Japanese release. Hell, that MIGHT give the localizer some time to reveal whether their localized version will have Dual Audio or won't. (I don't want this to return into a repeat of Lightning Returns... though f*** the localized version of that, the translation sucks)

Besides, keychains? Eh, I work in a gamestore. Chances are, shortly after the game is released outside of Japan, we'll have merchandise coming in.

C-A

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Just started playing Mankind Divided. Fuck it's good. This is the most Deus Ex a Deus Ex game has been since Deus Ex.

They upped the emotional range of Adam too, simply by making his sunglasses retractable and often during conversations with people he knows to create more empathy... his acting is also a tad better, and man, the world-building and side-quests just make me completely immersed. I LOVE this game so far!

Also, completely different subject but I occasionally watch Kinda Funny Gamescast and saw their top 7 games list and now I wonder, does anyone here agree that Final Fantasy VI was the best one in terms of systems and story? I have only personally completed IV and played a bit of VII but now I'm kinda eager to make a retro playthrough of VI.

And finally on a third note, I'm almost through Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I seriously can't decide whether I should continue with Conquest or Revelations because I heard Birthright is the best one in terms of story and it's... well it sucks ass to be completely upfront about it. :klavier:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
Also, completely different subject but I occasionally watch Kinda Funny Gamescast and saw their top 7 games list and now I wonder, does anyone here agree that Final Fantasy VI was the best one in terms of systems and story?

Absolutely

Birthright pretty much does have the best story in Fates, yeah, so if a bad plot is a deal breaker, you may want to pass on the other games

linkenski wrote:
Also, completely different subject but I occasionally watch Kinda Funny Gamescast and saw their top 7 games list and now I wonder, does anyone here agree that Final Fantasy VI was the best one in terms of systems and story? I have only personally completed IV and played a bit of VII but now I'm kinda eager to make a retro playthrough of VI.

Very much agree with that, yes.
The story was good and the pacing overall was pretty decent. I do not recall any 'down' spots, as I call them; where the game is suffering in quality and it feels boring to play through. I certainly could do without a few things (like Locke being suspicious of Celes later on, but that's a minor thing for me), but it did well in introducing the characters, villain, setting the world and going on.

And I've said it before, Kefka is my favorite FF villain to date. He's funny, goofy, but also horribly scary and intimidating. He comes across as a goofy, minor villain in the beginning, but you can see from his actions that he's a huge threat. With no scrupel, either. And when he steps up and becomes the villain, including attaining Godhood, destroying the world practically and reigning for a while - which most villains only want to do, but don't achieve - he's really scary. Hell, he uses his Light of Judgement on the world when he's bored.
Keep your Sephiroths, Kefka was creepier.

Characters are good, too. Though... I have to say that I feel they could have cut down on some of them. I mean, Relm and Strago don't serve much purpose outside of... Thalasa, their original meeting place, and when they join. Outside of the whole Relm-Shadow thing, which was never officially stated to be what most people assume, Relm and Strago don't serve much purpose. Also, Umaro, Mog and Gogo have no purpose. Period.

System-wise, I admit... I can only play VI when it's emulated and with a turbo speed button. Otherwise, the battles are too slow for my tastes. They could have altered or fine-tuned some things, like Cayenne's Bushido or try to make Gau's Rage make some sense. But it was good at the time and still holds up well for me.
And I do love how the second half of the game basically allows the player to pick which characters they want to bring along again.
Though I can't recall a time where I played through without bringing everyone, except the above mentioned unnecessary ones.
I'd never not get Locke! I totally ship him with Celes.

Yeah, there's good reasons why VI ties as my first place.

C-A

I've felt worse.

linkenski wrote:
Just started playing Mankind Divided. Fuck it's good. This is the most Deus Ex a Deus Ex game has been since Deus Ex.

They upped the emotional range of Adam too, simply by making his sunglasses retractable and often during conversations with people he knows to create more empathy... his acting is also a tad better, and man, the world-building and side-quests just make me completely immersed. I LOVE this game so far!

Started Mankind Divided as well. It's good, but holy crap this game is CPU intensive. I can barely get 35 fps at 720p on medium, and that still has a hell lot of stuttering. For reference, my PC was able to run Human Revolution at 1080p 60fps on high with almost no drop in framerate. Mankind Divided also has some issues with loading the right assets at the right time.
That, or this guy just has an aug for floating laptop.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I wonder if I should make FF VI my next LP...

C-A

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

sumguy28 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Started Mankind Divided as well. It's good, but holy crap this game is CPU intensive. I can barely get 35 fps at 720p on medium, and that still has a hell lot of stuttering. For reference, my PC was able to run Human Revolution at 1080p 60fps on high with almost no drop in framerate. Mankind Divided also has some issues with loading the right assets at the right time.
That, or this guy just has an aug for floating laptop.

The PC port is horrible. I looked up the benchmarks for pcs similar to mine and it seemed it couldn't even hold it to 30fps at semi-high settings and on PC and FPS games sub60 is a complete no-no for me. I did the smart thing and got it on my PS4 instead.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

For Final Fantasy V (Advance) is it actually WORTH it to get all the Blue Magic, outside of Lv. 5 Death?

C-A

I'd say yes. I found the Blue Mage job class to be very, very good in this game. This game has a lot of good spells and it's one of the few Final Fantasy games where I find Blue Magic to actually be pretty useful.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

My X/X-2 HD Remaster import arrived! Pretty fast, I figured it would come closer to the end of the delivery ETA (Sep 24th).
1. Yuna's Festivalist dressphere can be a freaking gamebreaker early on! She has a chance of casting -Ga spells?
2. I am delighted to see that the slightly wonky controls have not been improved.

Also, is it me or do the loading screens feel a bit longer now?

C-A

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: Mankind Divided
...That's it? I know there technically can't be a proper ending as long as the game is set before the original Deus Ex, but even Human Revolution's climax felt more like a climax than this.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Aww crap. I got Yuna to master Festivalist, then felt I should begin to master the classes I can then make use of as Mascot later. My memory of which girl has to master which class for that is so bad... I thought Yuna had to learn White Mage, when Rikku has to do that. I did recall that Rikku needed Black Mage mastered, though.

C-A

1000% Knight

Just beat the prologue of Bravely Second, and was already able to ace guesstective that
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dilf Oblivion is Future-Yu

Ho boy, buying from O'aka post-debt and selling to the Hypello to make a winning of 7.000 Gil per trip. What joy.

C-A

1000% Knight

In addition to DGS2 getting announced, ASW also announced a sale and new entry for the Dasshutsu Adventure series, hooray~~

I was checking on the PR and marriage in Chapter 4 of X-2 and saw I was on Level 4. I was so annoyed, cause I thought this meant I wouldn't get a hot link for the Calm Lands and said, if I don't, I'll redo this playthrough. Then I went onto Besaid and realized I hadn't done Besaid or Kilika PR/Marriage this chapter yet! (Since they advance the plot) So, I think I should get the hot link, after all, even if I made a mistake or two before.

C-A

迷探偵

Oh, it's exactly twenty years ago that the first Sakura Wars was released on the Saturn. I finally played through all five main games at the start of the year, and they were really fun (except for 5 :/). It was pretty revolutionary back at the time, for mixing 'dating sim' / novel game elements with a completely different genre (the SRPG). The choices you'd make in the Drama parts would have effect on the affinity parameters of your team members (a choice could improve the affinity of one team member, but lower that of another). It also had an anime-inspired structure (a season of +/- 10 'episodes', character-centric episodes, grand finale), and fantastic voice-over work. It was also one of the first games to feature game character songs and seperate album releases for them (and musicals and stuff).

The franchise is mostly dormant now though. Once in a couple years a new concert by the voice actors, I think. The most recent game appearance of Sakura Wars was probably in last year's Project X Zone 2...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Yandere Dev brought out the official Rival Introduction video! I'm so happy about that!
I'm PISSED to hear that, somehow, a leak was made about the earlier version of the video and screenshots of the rivals.
But still, happy to see them all now. They all look great!
The voices fit well - the younger sister, Hanako, has SUCH an annoying voice. It's PERFECT!
And Kizana is one of those idiots who thinks R+J is a romance to aspire... I will enjoy killing her in the game. Let her fall off the 'balcony' (read: roof).

C-A

cat actually likes english voices holy shit

I'm never going to be able to hear Osana's voice without immediately thinking of Audrey (warning NSFW)

Not that there's anything wrong with that whatsoever

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
cat actually likes english voices holy shit

I'm never going to be able to hear Osana's voice without immediately thinking of Audrey (warning NSFW)

Not that there's anything wrong with that whatsoever

Oh, we all know that Osana wants into Senpai's pants. N-not that she LIKES him or anything like that! Not like THAT! :ron:

Also, why does the name Amanda Lee ring a bell?

C-A

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
Also, why does the name Amanda Lee ring a bell?

C-A

Amanda Winn Lee, perhaps? I think she voiced Yukiko Amagi.
I'll always love you, Max.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Either that, or it's this person on YouTube who sings English covers of various anime songs.

TheDoctor wrote:
Either that, or it's this person on YouTube who sings English covers of various anime songs.

Correct
Page 93 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station