Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 94 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

In X-2, I managed to master Alchemist for Yuna - which means I got the 999 AP for Elixir.
Horray! ...not only do I have to do that twice for Rikku and Pain now, but also... I only ever use Alchemist for Mega Potion.

C-A

Happy Maria

I noticed that there's been a lotta :lotta-angry: talk about RPGs lately,so let's talk about a genre that I feel never really gets talked about,and yet is one I am rather familiar with. Hidden Object Games.

So it all started in the mid-2000s,when I got games on my PC such as 'Robinson Crusoe','Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla','Clockwork Man','Azada 2','Big City San Francisco' and 'Million Dollar Quest',along with classics like 'Bookworm Adventures 2','Midtown Madness 2','Captain Claw' and 'Professor Fizzwizzle and the Molten Mystery'.(Raise your hand if you ever heard of any of these.No? That's what I thought.)

Actually,me and one of my relatives were huge HOGs junkies,and we played all we could,even if they didn't quite work on some platforms. You don't even want to know how long we spent on them.

Anyway,we always HATED the stupid puzzles where the objects are hidden in places you can't even see. But I had a specialty. Pipe puzzles. Yes,these were surprisingly common,so my expertise was always put to use there. My least favourite type of HOGs were the timed ones.

Sadly though,those times are over,and now we've moved on to different genres. I play point'n'clicks and visual novels and my relative now plays Bejewelled knockoffs (Tahrust me,I've been trying to stop them for a good while now).

Does anyone else have some sort of experience with HOGs? Also,if you want to know about each individual game mentioned above,don't be scared to ask! I can describe them in surprising detail,if you'd like. :hotti:

Happy Maria

Also,for the PC players,does anyone else use the arrow keys instead of WASD?

Gettin' Old!

Haha would the investigations in Ace Attorney not count as hidden object games?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Haha would the investigations in Ace Attorney not count as hidden object games?

By name alone yes. But technically they're not the usual HOG affair,as they don't tell you what to find,and sometimes the examine button doesn't work properly.

Happy Maria

Okay,quick question,has anyone played Minecraft Story Mode lately? I know it's from Telltale,who've made Tales of Monkey Island and the Sam and Max games recently. I have a few questions:

1. Is it okay to play it if you've never actually played MC before in your life? That is,does it have anything which I wouldn't get unless I was an MC player?
2.Is the story alright? The plot,characters,etc.
3. Does the animation fit the style of the game? Does it look wonky at times? Are there any strange glitches?
4. Is it your typical point'n click,or a quick-time event thing? I really hate the latter btw.
5. Overall,is it something I will be satisfied with?

Thanks for taking the time to respond,guys. :gymshoe:

Southern Corn wrote:
Okay,quick question,has anyone played Minecraft Story Mode lately? I know it's from Telltale,who've made Tales of Monkey Island and the Sam and Max games recently. I have a few questions:

1. Is it okay to play it if you've never actually played MC before in your life? That is,does it have anything which I wouldn't get unless I was an MC player?
2.Is the story alright? The plot,characters,etc.
3. Does the animation fit the style of the game? Does it look wonky at times? Are there any strange glitches?
4. Is it your typical point'n click,or a quick-time event thing? I really hate the latter btw.
5. Overall,is it something I will be satisfied with?

Thanks for taking the time to respond,guys. :gymshoe:

I only sell the game and haven't played either Minecraft myself (it's the type of game I know I prefer to see other people play, rather than myself), but far as I know, Story Mode is completely separate from MC itself. Still uses the same premise and mechanic, but it... well, has a story to it. I don't think it'll have references you won't get, as MC itself is a very open game and most references are for each player and what they experienced. Different for everyone.

I just bought and imported Persona 5 for the PS3... for 90€. With Play-Asia, it would only have cost 75€ + whatever shipping. Via Nin Nin Games on Amazon, it's more expensive, but not shipping, so... I admit, I feel a bit iffy spending most of last month's salary on it. But I did it. Now, the waiting period starts.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Well time for a tale of MMORPG drama from FFXIV

So our Free Company (FC for short, basically a guild) leader finally cracked under crippling social anxieties and up and left the server, taking her boyfriend with her. She left the FC to my girlfriend Jet. However Jet didn't want to feel tied to what was essentially a dead FC as she was struggling to get people to do content with there due to the low member count.

So Jet up and left the FC passing the leadership to me.

And now she's really torn up that one of her friends basically dumped this on her and didn't tell anyone so she finds herself bombarded with questions about what the hell happened.

And that's how I came to own my own fully-furnished and equipped FC.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

Oooooooooh, The Silver Case is out on steam! I found out a couple of weeks ago it'd be coming out on steam, but before that I thought it'd never be out in English.

Still, it's only 617 yen on the PSN... I might just wait for a super steam sale, though :oops:

(altho I'm also pretty interested in Ward 25, which doesn't seem to be included in either version)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

After replaying a few HOGs,I actually find them to be harder on iOS than on PC,surprisingly enough.

I don't like the iOS version of Phoenix Wright. It's kinda hard to control especially the court scenes. Also the sprites look weird on the iOS version like there's some missing lines on the sprites. Thankfully they fixed the sprite problem on 3ds.

The Eevee Song
It's pretty funny. Even the post-credit stinger.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

TMW you want a Pikachu but are rare to find in Pokemon Go ;-;
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Why are some people so stupid when they play Pokémon GO. I mean people almost die because of not looking up from their phones. The game even has a warning screen and the screen lasts more than a few seconds but I quess people are super dumb now and can't read.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Getting near the end game of Dragon Quest 7. Really been a fun ride.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Playing Zero Escape Dilemma again since I been playing League all day. That Little Devil Teemo skin is so bad ass. I love the recall for it too.

I've felt worse.

I have mixed feelings about The Crew. Yes, the open world covering most of the US is rather impressive. But then there's all these little things that bug me way more than they should, like:
-Why does a Chicago street have a speed limit of 75 mph?
-Why does the Brooklyn Bridge only have two lanes in each direction? I've been there, and it has three lanes in each direction.
-What is with tunnel roads? They're two lanes in either direction, yet the double yellow lines divide the first and second lanes, instead of the second and third.
-Why is there a looping two-way road in the middle of the Meteor Crater?
-Why is it snowing in Yellowstone National Park while New York is in the middle of Autumn? Also, that is not what Old Faithful looks lile.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Ugh just took so long to get my Overwatch win tonight. Repeated losses just sort of weigh on you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I swear, I'm over 4 hours into Persona 5 and I am pretty sure I am still on the goddamn introduction phase!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I swear, I'm over 4 hours into Persona 5 and I am pretty sure I am still on the goddamn introduction phase!

C-A

Gonna say now Cat as we have different standards in spoilers, please be careful with them as I'm waiting for the localisation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Do they at least stick the tutorial fight somewhere in those four hours, or is it just a straight barrage of cutscenes with the occasional "go to this location?"
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Do they at least stick the tutorial fight somewhere in those four hours, or is it just a straight barrage of cutscenes with the occasional "go to this location?"

There is 'gameplay' in between - like walking around the first dungeon, seeing things, battling sometimes and getting things explained - but it is still restricted. Cutscene, go here, cutscene, go here and do something, cutscene explaining things, cutscene of people talking, restricted walking around... it's like they took the introduction phases and prolonged them and stretched them out for some reason. I don't know why. It's not very good pacing - I hope it improves once I actually get to play the game.

Case in point. I am close to 5 hours (not counting, let's say, 10 or 15 minutes where I was really stupid and couldn't figure out what way led to the school roof) and I think I am finally approaching the part where I am gonna be told to go into the first dungeon and actually deal with the first boss. I mean, I do have a four-person party now. Compared to P4, I would be ready now, right? I hope the pacing improves a lot.

Update
After almost six hours of gameplay, I am allowed to pick whether I want to head into the dungeon or don't on my own. And this was only one in-game week! Took 'em long enough. Have to say, I much prefer the dungeon, now that I can actually do things myself and not follow scripted ways for cutscenes.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Someone probably already made this, but I felt the need to make it anyway.
Spoiler: FFXIV Heavensward

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Someone probably already made this, but I felt the need to make it anyway.
Spoiler: FFXIV Heavensward

Hahaha poor little noble.

He gets kind of a redemption moment but eh I felt his plot line was quite weak.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

OmG, Makoto seems interesting in P5, but can I PLEASE just get Futaba already? I really like her design.

C-A

PS: I'm also horribly disappointed that YanDev's Hallowe'en special for this year was Undertale-themed...

Happy Maria

What is Undertale,exactly?

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
What is Undertale,exactly?

It's a small indie RPG game on steam. It has quite a unique feature where you can end conflicts with non-violence,

And that's about as objective a statement regarding the game as I can give you. Opinions are pretty varied on the game.

In my personal feelings it's a really good game but if you like everything above this you could consider giving it a try.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The miracle never happen

CatMuto wrote:
OmG, Makoto seems interesting in P5, but can I PLEASE just get Futaba already? I really like her design.

C-A

PS: I'm also horribly disappointed that YanDev's Hallowe'en special for this year was Undertale-themed...

Yeh, I was expecting something... you know... halloween themed.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

So for Halloween I'm playing SCP Containment breach. What do you think of the game and it's monsters? If you want to know more go on the SCP Wiki. My personal favorite is SCP-2030 "Laugh is Fun"

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Kessler wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Eh its got skeletons.

I actually drew a picture of Papyrus wishing everyone a happy Halloween on the work notice board this morning. Seems the only time of the year I could get away with it
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Kessler wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Right? My idea of drawing Yandere-chan as a Silent Hill 2 nurse would be more Hallowe'en than that.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Ironically enough, the area in game where the skeletons come from, Snowdin, is more Christmas themed than anything else.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Happy Maria

Went back to Laura Jones 2. Apparently,they used some nice concept art for the jigsaw puzzles. My personal favourite is Santa Ferret :3

Happy Maria

A friend recently challenged me to Clash Royale,which I had never played before. It was very new and I sucked at it. I was looking terrible,when somehow,I won! That made him so angry he ragequit :redd:

In Justice We Trust

So is anyone else planning to get Tyranny now that it's out? I've been following it since its announcement, and I'm currently planning on getting it for Christmas (that should give the developers time to get rid of some of the bugs). I've seen one video review so far and said review had a great deal of praise for it.

Launch Trailer Link (warning: dark and violent)
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

Good god,after looking at some speedruns,I feel like I suck at Bookworm Adventures. They all just owned me,man. I wish I was that good.

Patterrz, whom I am subscribed to and does mainly Pokémon Nuzlocke runs, has started a Pokémon Sun nuzlocke.
Dude! No fair; I still gotta wait a week~

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Patterrz, whom I am subscribed to and does mainly Pokémon Nuzlocke runs, has started a Pokémon Sun nuzlocke.

C-A

Bold considering the game is basically blind at this point. I like it! Good luck to him.

General Luigi wrote:
So is anyone else planning to get Tyranny now that it's out? I've been following it since its announcement, and I'm currently planning on getting it for Christmas (that should give the developers time to get rid of some of the bugs). I've seen one video review so far and said review had a great deal of praise for it.

I'll probably wait for the price to drop but its definitely in my interest. Watched gameplay of it and was reminded of Pillars of Eternity...and how I have a computer capable of it now. So I'll probably try that first.

Tyranny is like one of those RPGs except you are an evil party from what I can gather.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Bold considering the game is basically blind at this point. I like it! Good luck to him.

General Luigi wrote:

I'll probably wait for the price to drop but its definitely in my interest. Watched gameplay of it and was reminded of Pillars of Eternity...and how I have a computer capable of it now. So I'll probably try that first.

Tyranny is like one of those RPGs except you are an evil party from what I can gather.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

General Luigi wrote:

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 94 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station