Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads

Page 2 of 2[ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Mystery in Japanifornia Sign Ups/OOCTopic%20Title

Ready for action!

I have more self restraint than you'd believe. xD I would never cheat in an RP, and even if I may know everything, I can purposefully have my characters give the wrong answer and only travel to a place of hidden evidence until it's known to everyone, and people travel there. All I ask for is a bit of faith and trust.

I'm willing to give other characters lifts to and from places, the car has space for 3 more people since Jude and Tom take up the two front seats.

Gettin' Old!

Aren't murder mysteries pretty narrow in scope anyway? Like a mansion or an estate normally?

I dunno I kinda visualise it playing out like AAI where every destination is within reasonable walking distance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ready for action!

I guess? But some clues could be at the other end of the city while everyone is that the other end. Most things will be in reachable walking distance, but we should have vehicles on standby just in case.

Also, sleeping arrangements. Should everyone go back to their homes/offices, or should we hire out a hotel so everyone is in one place?

Shy guy

Lhancat wrote:
I have more self restraint than you'd believe. xD I would never cheat in an RP, and even if I may know everything, I can purposefully have my characters give the wrong answer and only travel to a place of hidden evidence until it's known to everyone, and people travel there. All I ask for is a bit of faith and trust.

That's fine XD I do it the same way too, so I know it's possible. As long as it has actually been considered is all.

Lhancat wrote:
Also, sleeping arrangements. Should everyone go back to their homes/offices, or should we hire out a hotel so everyone is in one place?

That would depend on the situation, really. If someone was offed at the local chippy, we don't need a hotel. If we have to travel somewhere distant after finding a hint to the next murder or something, then we might have to consider staying in a hotel. And the response to "where are you sleeping?" would vary by character anyway.

With things like this, the answer is normally just 'RP it and see what happens'.

Ready for action!

Sounds good to me!

If anyone else has any questions regarding anything be it plot or character related, let me know! :) We can't start just yet, I think we're still waiting on character submissions from one or two more people.

Oh and General, I'll see to it that Lana's family is never harmed. It's the least I can do for helping sort out the GMPC issue!

Shy guy

Can the character bios be linked on the first post, please? It'll make it easier to check on things like appearance when needed. Plus it'll give a definitive list of participants.

Ready for action!

Done! Also put the rules in a spoiler.

Shy guy

Thank you! It's always nice to see a full list like that.

I should point out that the formatting was lost when you did that, though. Not to make you add bold/underline tags everywhere, that'd take ages, but you did lose General Luigi's image url.

You’re so small in such a big world...

I would say, regarding transportation, as far as Geoffrey and Katrina are concerned, they walk everywhere. If they have to travel a distance that would be completely unreasonable to walk, then they'd take the bus under normal circumstances.

Ooh. I do have a question!

If we want a canon character, do we have to fill out a profile, or do we simply call dibs? I imagine for those we haven't seen in a long time in the series, we'd need a profile, but what about for canon characters who are in Dual Destinies (since this takes place a pretty short while after those events)?
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Ready for action!

I'd say still make a profile regardless, just in case people sign up and haven't played DD yet!

You’re so small in such a big world...

Okie dokie!
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Ready for action!

Fixed up Lana's profile to include an image link!

Pierre and Sumguy, have you two decided on characters yet?

Gettin' Old!

Sure said I'd take Raymond Shields
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

I'll go with Sebastian Debeste.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ready for action!

Let me know if everyone's finished with character profiles and questions! Hopefully we can start soon.

Shy guy

sumguy28 wrote:
I'll go with Sebastian Debeste.

Now there's a character who's going to have changed a lot in these 7 or so years.

Lhancat wrote:
Let me know if everyone's finished with character profiles and questions! Hopefully we can start soon.

I'm ready. I considered dragging Robin along as well, but I didn't want to oversaturate things on my end.

Ready for action!

For those curious, thread will be up next week sometime. I'm suffering writer's block atm, so I haven't been able to think of a good opening post. In the meantime I'm going to finish AA6 in the hopes it'll bring back inspiration.

Shy guy

What's the status on this? Is there anything anyone can do to help speed things along?

Gettin' Old!

KamiPanda wrote:
What's the status on this? Is there anything anyone can do to help speed things along?

Hmmm I've got it!

Go Go Lhaaaancaaat!

If he can't do it it'll be shaaa.....er a shame.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ready for action!

A Wild RP thread appeared!

Sorry for the delay in getting this out. Had issues coming up with a good starter as well as life issues on top of that. But it's up now and hopefully it's okay!

(On a side note, I finished AA6 and I have to say I really enjoyed it!)

Shy guy

Wah! I didn't get the notification for some reason. Still, yay, it begins!

Edit: Okay, so, how do we approach this? How do we get involved?

In Justice We Trust

Lhancat, your mention of it being night in the RP raises a question I forgot to ask: how do we decide whether or not to advance time? Unless Lana was also working late that night, I don't currently have an opportunity to bring her to the scene. However, I could cause problems for other players if I unilaterally advance the time to morning so Lana can show up.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah that's the issue, there's no natural way to just integrate characters to the story. Would be weird for people to just be wandering past and get involved.

Especially since most police procedure would be just to guide people away if they aren't involved.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ready for action!

Time advancing is allowed by anyone if it helps people progress.

Atm, if people want to get involved while it's still night they could discover another body and meet up with Tom and Jude after finding a piece of evidence.

The way this works is that every player here finds a body and a piece of evidence, and everyone eventually comes together and finds out everyone else has found the same thing. They then decide to either work alone or go with a group.

Shy guy

Lhancat wrote:
Atm, if people want to get involved while it's still night they could discover another body and meet up with Tom and Jude after finding a piece of evidence.

The way this works is that every player here finds a body and a piece of evidence, and everyone eventually comes together and finds out everyone else has found the same thing. They then decide to either work alone or go with a group.

How does this work if we don't know who's being killed, or what evidence the killer would leave behind in the first place?

Ready for action!

The victims are all people connected to past cases. You just decide who it is upon discovering a body. And the evidence left varies. Could be a piece of bloodied cloth or a piece off a torn letter.

I've felt worse.

So we decide who the victims were, how they died, and hope that it fits with the killer's MO? I'm not sure I like the sound of that.
Also, none of the victims can be people who are alive in canon during SoJ, right? I can't just decide that Lana has too many living family members?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Shy guy

That was my concern also. And it implies that we won't be able to solve the mystery of the body we find, as the one who knows anything about it is already us.

Ready for action!

Yes, characters that are alive in SOJ can't be killed off.

Thinking about this issue I have a new proposal: The evidence left behind are cryptic letters. The letters provide a clue into the killer's identity, but it won't be easily solvable. I can amend my post to include this, depending on people's thoughts.

Shy guy

So do we not know the content of the letters until you (as GM) fill us in?

Also, this would imply that the killer is attacking characters at near-random, if we can choose who they've targeted.

Ready for action!

Yes, I would probably PM people once a letter is found about the contents of the letter, and you can have your characters choose whether to disclose the information to others or keep it for themselves.

Killings would be near random, but they would still be people connected to past cases. For example, you can't kill off people like Phoenix Edgeworth, etc but someone like say, Moe or Spark Brushel would be acceptable.

Shy guy

Ultimately that does still mean we're deciding things for the killer, as sumguy was saying. Even if the killer wanted to only be targeting former defendants, say, we can throw a spanner in the works by declaring Oldbag as dead. And we decide how they died, too, even if the killer had wanted to be a knife-only murderer.
Page 2 of 2 [ 72 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay » Signups and OOC Threads