Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 4[ 159 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GS7 IdeasTopic%20Title

Art Person

Noticed we haven't started a GS7 topic yet!
For the possibility they continue with the main series, and don't do a reboot, what sort of things would you like to see?

I kinda want to see the game set before AA, with Mia as the protagonist (Start a new trilogy!).
This'd be awesome to have Mia back, along with Diego and Grossberg, and maybe even get a chance to see a young Maya as Mia's assistant in some cases.
We can also flesh out Mia and Diego's relationship some more, and maybe have some big bad that both Mia and Diego take on together.
(I can see case 1 being set right before AA as Nick's first time at the law office, and Mia's showing him the ropes against Winston.)
Spoiler: GS6 ending
Also, seeing as Apollo's staying in Khura'in and Ema's off there too with Nahyuta, there's no more lawyer/detective combo in the WAA and so unless they have Ema fly to and fro, and unless the prosecutor clean-out left SOME capable rivals, we could take a different route rather than seeing what happens next.

Re: GS7 IdeasTopic%20Title

Ace Procrastinator

I'm hoping for a game where they return to its trilogy roots by bringing back characters such as Mia, Gumshoe, Iris, Maggey, Franziska, and that one prosecutor going bald whose name I always forget.

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

I want AA7 and AA8 to take place at the same time.

Phoenix and Trucy, who is at this point 18, want to
Spoiler: 6-5
visit Apollo in Khura'in.
Since someone has to watch over the Wright Anything Agency, Athena stays there and slowly grows to become a better attorney, maybe even taking cases that resolve around other parts of her backstory that we haven't seen yet, like her father as an example. Gumshoe could be the detective in this game.

Meanwhile
in Khura'in,
Apollo and Trucy take on cases together. The detective could be Ema,
Spoiler: SoJ
since she also seems to stay at Nahyuta's side.

Plus Lamiroir has a concert
in Khura'in.
At the concert she wants to tell Apollo and Trucy
Spoiler: 4-4
that she's their mother, and that they're half-siblings,
but then she gets shot by someone and Apollo has to deduce these facts by himself.

This would give Athena more screen-time, finally make Trucy a main-character again and finally resolve this last thing from AA4.

I'd like to know how Phoenix and Athena met. That's way more relevant to the story than the Trucy-Apollo thing if you ask me. I think it'd make sense to focus on Athena now (focus as in being the more prominent playable character, not as in DD), since...
Spoiler: 6-5 end
C'mon, how farther can Apollo go after taking down a freaking evil queen?

And Phoenix is starting to show signs of being too old for this already.

Of course, I don't think this is the last we've seen of Apollo and Khura'in. Considering how much Yamazaki (if he's the director again) loves international conspiracies, it will be easy to write them into the plot.

Also, at least Franziska and Gumshoe deserve an appearance post-time skip. I'm not asking for a relevant role, but I'd like to know what they're up to these days.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I sincerely hope that AA6 will be the last one, because I liked it so much and it feels like an appropriate an worthy ending. So if they continue, I'd rather see them doing something different than the main series - like the Mia-idea. Maybe with a slightly different atmosphere and/or game mechanics, just to spice things up a bit. I just hope that they won't water out the series completely.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Going for Miles wrote:
I sincerely hope that AA6 will be the last one, because I liked it so much and it feels like an appropriate an worthy ending. So if they continue, I'd rather see them doing something different than the main series - like the Mia-idea. Maybe with a slightly different atmosphere and/or game mechanics, just to spice things up a bit. I just hope that they won't water out the series completely.

I felt like AA6 was a good end for Apollo, but not for Athena and Phoenix. I wished Phoenix's story ended with AA3 like Takumi wanted it. A Mia game would be good

The video game boy; the one who wins

That's true, Athena had a story arc with her background and stuff in DD, but she hasn't really had a satisfying arc as an attorney.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: AA6 spoilers
Some fear that Apollo will be written out of the series but I doubt that since the relationship between him, Thalassa, and Trucy hasn't been revealed yet. Considering that Pearl hinted at Maya's return in DD's credits, I think that we'll get this resolution in the next game.

I'm on board with the idea to make Athena the main playable character (or at least in two cases) simply because she has hardly developed as a lawyer. Going from the cases in which she was playable (5-1, 5-3, 6-4) the situation spirals out of her control and someone has to come save her. Godot actually made the same criticism to Phoenix in 3-5. Granted, Athena has bigger obstacles to overcome than Phoenix.

Plus, her backstory suffers from DD's "tell, don't show" syndrome. It could do with some clarification, since we're supposed to accept that she changed so much in the 7 years after UR-1 to become the person she is today.

I'm guessing the Divination Seance will return. I don't think the developers would abandon it after a single game. We'll probably get another joint Japanifornia/Khura'in game to justify its inclusion (I'm glad they didn't install a pool in the Japanifornia court).

But anyway, the Thalassa reveal will probably end up with her murdered or accused. I wouldn't want to put Apollo through any more drama, but it's probably going to happen. I think he could even be angry at Phoenix if he found out that he knew all this time and didn't say anything.

Perhaps Apollo's bracelet gets stolen and Thalassa is arrested, since she has the same kind of bracelet.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: AA6 spoilers
I'm on board with the idea to make Athena the main playable character (or at least in two cases) simply because she has hardly developed as a lawyer. Going from the cases in which she was playable (5-1, 5-3, 6-4) the situation spirals out of her control and someone has to come save her. Godot actually made the same criticism to Phoenix in 3-5. Granted, Athena has bigger obstacles to overcome than Phoenix.

Plus, her backstory suffers from DD's "tell, don't show" syndrome. It could do with some clarification, since we're supposed to accept that she changed so much in the 7 years after UR-1 to become the person she is today.

Yes, I agree. Calling it now, she won't be smiling in her official art.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Knowing Eshiro & team, they'll set the next game at a world summit and Athena has to save the day by literally kicking the butt of the would-be assassin out to get some world leader... let's say, of the Republic of Wei Fa.

Also, Phoenix, Apollo, and Edgeworth are there somehow. They're all on the cover with Athena despite having very minor support roles.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Well, I don't think there is any country in Europe where you can hear all the languages Athena speaks on a regular basis, so maybe her relative there was actually a high tier politician that travels a lot and that's how she learnt.

This international conspiracy just gets easier and easier to write.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I want GS7 to introduce 5 new lawyers to the WAA, and have them all
Go to Khura'in to visit with Apollo, Nahyuta, and Ema

Along with Edgeworth, Franziska, Klavier, Simon, the Judge, and Gumshoe. There, they introduce the new gameplay mechanic for the series: Multiple DA's and Prosecutors. There are up to 3 of each in each case, with 2 judges at once. All the gameplay mechanics return, and there are at least 10 flashbacks for each segment in the game. No one gets any meaningful development as they tackle an unrealistic, world-spanning conflict. And Maya is the defendant every time.

But seriously, I want them to focus a game on Athena.
I want them to make an Apollo spinoff series, but not as a main game in the series. Kinda like how the AAI series is to the main series.

Have Phoenix be there, but focus on Athena. Bring in a new assistant (A serious, male assistant would be best) and a new prosecutor, and go from there.

I want a game focused on Athena. Also I hope that some of the forgotten characters come back. Not Lotta, though. She can stay forgotten.

Speaking of assistants, I think SoJ killed that role as we knew it. Most of the time the investagion partners were different from the co-counsels, sometimes there was more than one guy following you around and a lot of times the banter was with the character hanging around the place you are investigating.

Art Person

I can see Athena getting an expanded arc, and it's possible that she'd been put on trial in Europe for some crime (murder), and Nick takes over her defense (because he's Nick, and Hobo Nick can get permission from Edgey to defend without his badge XD). This then can set up Franziska as the prosecutor, and would be a nostalgic reunion.

I can just see now :whip: "You foolish fool! Your fool's errand has rendered you a foolish shell your former self!" :ka-whip:
And the return of cynical Nick would be nice XD Maybe his interactions with Athena change him back to his older personality (Like he feels he needs to be a better role model XD)

Also, with the Mia idea, seeing as GS6 allowed co-counsel for the prosecution, we could totally see an Edgey/Franzy combo at the prosecution against Mia/Diego. (Franziska takes over for Edgey, desperately wanting her first trial, and loses, but she never counts that to her record XD)

SuperAj3 wrote:
Also, with the Mia idea, seeing as GS6 allowed co-counsel for the prosecution, we could totally see an Edgey/Franzy combo at the prosecution against Mia/Diego. (Franziska takes over for Edgey, desperately wanting her first trial, and loses, but she never counts that to her record XD)

Maybe that's the trial that inspired her to change from a riding crop to her iconic whip :godot:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

We need to resume the tradition at the office. Apollo hasn't been accused of murder and Athena hasn't been struck on the head yet.

Ace Procrastinator

And Charley the Plant will still be the sexiest character

Elite of CR Apparently

Now hear me out guys, this is a pretty ground-breaking idea for GS7, but it would totally pay off:

Charley Plant: Ace Attorney

In the courts of [Insert weird name of new country here], Defense Attorneys and Prosecutors duel in epic nonsensical courtroom battles to determine the fate of the defendant.

But then here's this potted plant who decimates his opponents with the power of rock hard silence. All defendants are declared Not Guilty and the courtroom explodes into roses and somehow our heroic hero of heroes Charley somehow manages to take down all the bad guys with his new gameplay mechanic: Photosynthesis. GS7, only for the New Super Nintendo 3DS Bros. (& Knuckles).

*Guest starring Winston Payne as Goku*

The miracle never happen

I'm agreeing with the people who think we should have an Athena game, but I think it should take place after GS6, with a flashback case of Europe, I agree with the Franziska prosecutor in the flashback idea, sounds like a really cool idea, and if the writers want to be really good, they should have the final villain be a character from Athena's past in Europe, the villain could be hinted at during the flashbacks, just go for a DL-6 feel you know?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Ace Procrastinator

If Athena was the protagonist of AA7/GS7, would that be the start of an Athena Cykes trilogy?

The miracle never happen

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:
If Athena was the protagonist of AA7/GS7, would that be the start of an Athena Cykes trilogy?

I don't think Athena needs a trilogy, I think, if the writers want to, they should be able to give her the character development require to end her story, but still keep an opening in case they wish to start again, that seems like the smart thing to do honestly, however, with the popularity of Apollo, I think they'd try to work him in, which is something I hope they don't do.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The AA games actually seem to do better with character development that isn't so much about the mc themselves, but the cast around them. The problem with Athena, though, is that her story was crammed into one game when it could easily have left some room for SoJ to develop her and Apollo in parallel.

But forget the "what could have been"; now is about the "what if". If the next game does start an international conspiracy that involves multiple countries and spaaaace, chances are that Phoenix and Edgeworth may take the helm again. (Apollo will show, regardless of what they come up with, though, since they spent so much time across DD and SoJ to build him up.)

That said, it would be interesting if they took things toward, well, actual Europe - as in, Europe in the Japanese ver. - and expand on a little cultural diversity.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The AA games actually seem to do better with character development that isn't so much about the mc themselves, but the cast around them. The problem with Athena, though, is that her story was crammed into one game when it could easily have left some room for SoJ to develop her and Apollo in parallel.

SoJ gave Apollo way more character development than to Athena or Phoenix and he was the most prominent playable character. GS7 could be the same for Athena. Apollo can still be relevant without the being the mc (maybe a DD-level amount of relevance) and I think it's time Phoenix takes a backseat and gets put on filler duty or something. I mean, he was starting to feel a little flat in SoJ if you ask me. In DD he played the role of the mentor that has to come and save his disciples and solve a problem that he partially helped create. But here, he just feels so...unconnected to everything going on. Except for the times he was forcefully connected through a certain purple-robed plot device.

MBr wrote:
We need to resume the tradition at the office. Apollo hasn't been accused of murder and Athena hasn't been struck on the head yet.

Apollo defended Phoenix and Phoenix defended Athena. It stands to reason that Athena defends Apollo now.

Last edited by luck on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Art Person

Apollo hasn't been arrested yet, so he's bound to be charged sooner or later XD

CreativeAttorney wrote:
Now hear me out guys, this is a pretty ground-breaking idea for GS7, but it would totally pay off:

Charley Plant: Ace Attorney

In the courts of [Insert weird name of new country here], Defense Attorneys and Prosecutors duel in epic nonsensical courtroom battles to determine the fate of the defendant.

But then here's this potted plant who decimates his opponents with the power of rock hard silence. All defendants are declared Not Guilty and the courtroom explodes into roses and somehow our heroic hero of heroes Charley somehow manages to take down all the bad guys with his new gameplay mechanic: Photosynthesis. GS7, only for the New Super Nintendo 3DS Bros. (& Knuckles).

*Guest starring Winston Payne as Goku*

This. This is perfect.
I'd pay for this as a sequel XD

Ready for action!

As much as I don't like Athena, I'd very much welcome her own game than more nostalgia pandering. The series can't keep riding on the coattails of the original trilogy forever. Why can't we just lay Takumi's games to rest already, let the new team do their own thing instead of wanting more of Takumi's stuff? :/ If you want nostalgia go play the first 3 games.

The cape is self-fluttering

Lhancat wrote:
As much as I don't like Athena, I'd very much welcome her own game than more nostalgia pandering. The series can't keep riding on the coattails of the original trilogy forever. Why can't we just lay Takumi's games to rest already, let the new team do their own thing instead of wanting more of Takumi's stuff? :/ If you want nostalgia go play the first 3 games.

I agree for the most part. A cameo here or there is fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with the main story. I want the Apollo/Trucy/Thalassa stuff to be resolved. If Phoenix has to be involved, it should only be to the extent of that, and not overshadowing other people's stories.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Kessler wrote:
I'm agreeing with the people who think we should have an Athena game, but I think it should take place after GS6, with a flashback case of Europe, I agree with the Franziska prosecutor in the flashback idea, sounds like a really cool idea, and if the writers want to be really good, they should have the final villain be a character from Athena's past in Europe, the villain could be hinted at during the flashbacks, just go for a DL-6 feel you know?

If the villain could be linked to Athena's courtroom trauma or used it against her, beating that person would be a way for her to overcome that fear.
Kessler wrote:
I don't think Athena needs a trilogy, I think, if the writers want to, they should be able to give her the character development require to end her story, but still keep an opening in case they wish to start again, that seems like the smart thing to do honestly, however, with the popularity of Apollo, I think they'd try to work him in, which is something I hope they don't do.

This. AA7 could be like AA1 or AA3 was to Phoenix and AA6 was to Apollo.
Thunder84 wrote:
Bring in a new assistant (A serious, male assistant would be best) and a new prosecutor, and go from there.

Spoiler: If anyone needs an assistant,
it's Apollo. He can train the next generation of lawyers now that he's in Khura'in. Maybe this could be better suited to a spin-off, or it could be used to bring him back to Japanifornia without him leaving Khura'in without lawyers.
Edit: Is a new character necessary when Apollo has Datz?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Lhancat wrote:

100% agreed.
Let new and younger fans come to by making a DD sequel but without the old cast and only Athena as well as maybe Hugh, Juniper and others for expansion and, for some, redemption >:D.

It would be a fine parting ways handshake where people who cared about the Takumi stuff can rest easy and not really be hyped for and I can happily skip it instead of being frustrated about it, and fans that play it might be happy about it. Whatever AA7 is, I'm not really convinced I'm going to play it. Hell, I'm taking excessive amounts of breaks playing through the final stretches of SoJ and I really think I've just run out of patience even though it's fine. Let it end, and then start up something new.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think we're in a really interesting situation, as (if I'm not mistaken) SoJ was Yamazaki's last game. So just like we reached the end of the Takumi era and that spurred more changes, we're likely going to see more changes with new writers coming in. Also, wasn't there an interview released where Eshiro and Yamazaki kind of discussed how they thought it was time for the series to take a different direction?

I tend to agree. I loved SoJ (right now it probably ties with T&T as my 3rd favorite game) and I think it wrapped up both Apollo and the various plot lines surrounding this era of AA really well. I think this is a good time to leave a lot of these characters (and possibly this era). As someone who started with AJ and hold Apollo, Trucy, Ema, as the characters that mean the most to me (Also out of work Nick, but he's kind of "died" already), I am more than satisfied with the end of their arcs, and don't really need to see any of them come back. (Obviously Trucy should come back whenever Phoenix is in a big role, but I don't feel the need to have her be a focus anymore now that she's said goodbye to Apollo and has (presumably) been told about their lineage.)

The only character from this trilogy that I think really has potential to be important in the next few games is Athena, who I enjoy a lot. I think 6-4 was kind of her equivalent to Phoenix's 1-4 and Apollo's 4-4; while the circumstances weren't as dire and epic, she kind of "graduated" from the student to an apprentice lawyer on her own right, so I think the next game focusing on her would be fun. If they gave her a new assistant who would play off of her over-the-top emotions well (maybe someone more stoic) then it would be great. I think Nick and Maya and Trucy would probably be there to help out, but I think it would be best if the majority of the game was focused on new characters.

However, I'm not even sure if a "normal" Ace Attorney game is enough of a "rebirth" to really fulfill the potential that the series has now, even with Athena in the lead role. Personally, I think they need to really go back to the drawing board and try to figure out how to create radically different gameplay while at the same time keeping the classic cross-examination that is the franchise's core in some way. I imagine something a departure as radical as AAI, just called "GS7".

They've been playing with multiple protagonists for a while, but they're always on the same "team". One thing I'd be interested in seeing is potentially having different characters do different roles. (ex. Playing as Ema during investigations, then switching to Athena for trials, etc.) It would bring up issues with uneven character development, but if they could make it work it could be interesting.

Heck, it might even be kind of interesting to jump another 10 years or so ahead of time and have an older Athena defend people in a futuristic world with newer forensic technology that could make defending her clients harder. Just like how crime dramas set in the past (ex. Sherlock Holmes) are interesting because they solve crimes without the advanced forensic technology we have today, having to navigate around criminal proceedings of the future might be interesting. I can see how this would be kind of divisive, though (even to me; I still kind of prefer how grounded GS1 and GS4 are compared to the more over-the-top aspects of the later games, but at this point we've just seen lawyers cause a political revolution so I think we can't get much more over-the-top than that.

I guess my overall feeling is that most of the characters we saw in SoJ don't need to come back (especially Apollo; he needs to be under the radar for a couple of years). Wright will, of course, especially if Athena is, but I think this game showed that the developers aren't super afraid of having him not be the complete star of the show. But I think there needs to be a new game which creates new characters and stories rather than building solely upon old ones. I think the gameplay also needs to be overhauled and "rebooted" in order to create something new. Basically, I'd like a game which plays like a spin-off but has the plot of a main game.

Also, the issue is that the more the game deviates from the classic "Phoenix" story, the less likely we are to get it localized.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Eater of minds

Y'know what I'd actually like to see in GS7 is more of
Spoiler:
something like Dhurke+Apollo-ventures.
Since we have a bunch of playable attorneys and other interesting characters, why not have them all utilized?

Like for example, while Athena is at the courtroom, we suddenly get a segment of Phoenix and Trucy trying to find crucial evidence for her- even if it means entering a mafia hideout and having to decode locks via puzzle/forensic tools. Just as they are about to leave with the evidence, they're met with people pointing guns at them- then cut back to the courtroom, only for the two to later appear back in the courtroom and explain how they somehow survived. It's something like that time Gumshoe suddenly barges in the courtroom at the most crucial moment to give you a super important evidence, but we don't really get to see how exactly that went on :eh?:

Oh and maybe more mini episodes like Asinine Attorney? Ones told in other characters' perspective. Maybe they could be put in between cases, and are optional to go through since they're meant to be breathers.

Just imagine an episode in Blackquill's perspective as he tries to save Athena from some hostage-taking, only to find out that she somehow saved herself and kicked the hostage-taker's butt. Or maybe an episode with Nahyuta
Spoiler:
trying to figure out how to be a better big brother to Rayfa, so he asks Apollo and some others for advice. Hilarity ensues.
A chapter with Edgeworth trying to attend a Steel Samurai show, only to find Phoenix, Maya and Trucy also there, so he tries to get in stealthily. Or one with Maya performing her village duties, only to come across some minor case (theft, maybe?) and uses everything she learned in court to solve it. Basically, slice-of-life stuff featuring supporting characters with some choices to make and puzzles.

Something like that :hotti:

That aside, yes, I'd like to see an Athena-centric entry next. Case 6-4 did feel like some hinting to future growth.

Ace Procrastinator

I want GS7 to only have one playable character and for the game to focus on THAT character. GS5 screwed over Apollo and GS6 screwed over Athena.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Noticed we haven't started a GS7 topic yet!
For the possibility they continue with the main series, and don't do a reboot, what sort of things would you like to see?

I kinda want to see the game set before AA, with Mia as the protagonist (Start a new trilogy!).
This'd be awesome to have Mia back, along with Diego and Grossberg, and maybe even get a chance to see a young Maya as Mia's assistant in some cases.

Sadly, that isn't feasible without some serious retconning. After Mia's first case (3-4), she didn't take on another trial until Phoenix was arrested (3-1). It'd be impossible to have Mia as the lead attorney until after the events of 3-1, by which point Diego was already poisoned and in a coma. In other words, a Mia game would pretty much have to exclude Diego (with the exception of a flashback case where you play as Diego with Mia as the assistant or something).

On a personal level, I'd prefer keeping Maya away from the courtroom. The original Ace Attorney would lose some of its luster if it turned out that Maya hadn't just taken on the position of legal assistant on a whim and instead had some real practice with it.

Anyway, for me, there's a number of directions they could take, but I'd like the series to flesh out a bit what happened during the 7 years between Phoenix's disbarment and AJ. Perhaps an Investigations sequel that sees Phoenix tagging along with Edgeworth on one of those trips abroad mentioned during DD. Could flesh out how their friendship changed after Phoenix lost his badge, and even show Phoenix meeting Athena for the first time.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:
I want GS7 to only have one playable character and for the game to focus on THAT character. GS5 screwed over Apollo and GS6 screwed over Athena.

This. They want to please everybody lol. No Capcom, you can't. Stop trying to focus on billions of characters at the same time. Pick one, and stick with them. Develop them. The last two releases of the series made me realise how good and underrated AJ is. It is a really great game. Maybe the best game of the whole series. Takumi was taking the series to the right direction. Phoenix's story as attorney was over, and his personality changed. Completely new characters. New rookie attorney. After Takumi left, my impression is that the series just went downhill. Cuz they suddenly decided to bring Phoenix back as attorney, and at the same time had to deal with the fact that Apollo's character needed further development. And on the top of everything, they decided to introduce Athena. It doesn't work this way. Keep Phoenix as a secondary character, for God's sake, and focus on either Apollo or Athena. That is the only thing that could make GS7 or GS8 attractive to me, even though I don't have high expectations for this series anymore.

And stop trying to bring elements of the previous games back. Let Maya and her story rest in the graveyard.

I know this will seem incredibly out of place, but...

I want a case involving a helicopter. I don't care where the case takes place, how the helicopter is integrated into it, or why it'd be there at all. I just want to examine a helicopter. Maybe ride in one.

Then we'd finally, literally have our heads in the clouds.

> But helis don't climb that high

They can in a murder case. >:)

SuperAj3 wrote:
We can also flesh out Mia and Diego's relationship some more, and maybe have some big bad that both Mia and Diego take on together.
(I can see case 1 being set right before AA as Nick's first time at the law office, and Mia's showing him the ropes against Winston.)

I've always wanted a full-fledged Mia game exactly as you've described. I'd love to find out what her objection theme would be since the one she shared with Phoenix in GS3 is definitely his theme now.

Other than that, I'd of course love
Apollo's adventures in Khura'in. But Trucy MUST be there! Have her come and visit Apollo or something for the game! I don't want the dynamic duo to be goneeeeee.

Also would enjoy an Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney game. If 6-4 is a preview of what's to come, I think I'd enjoy the heck out of it.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

I don't really care, but a game for Athena would be nice. BUT a lot of the Ace Attorney fans hate Athena.
Just don't have her falling off a burning bridge. :hoboleft:

I want Franziska's sister to serve prosecutor in one of the cases, with her daughter making an appearance as well. It's that one dangling thread from the old trilogy's von Karma storyline. Still, while it would tie into the original story, it probably shouldn't rehash too much of it. It's important to keep it connected, but not to reuse the same old plot again.

Also, one idea that's a little crazier... I'd like Phoenix's dad to be involved in a case. Phoenix is pretty much the only main character without any known family or a backstory related to it... While it would actually kind of stay like that, we'd at least see his dad as a person.

There wouldn't be much drama to it - Phoenix's dad would just happen to be another problematic witness who saw a crime occur. Phoenix may have grown a lot, but we can't know it for sure until he confronts his dad in court.

:basil:

Last edited by Sligneris on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

I sorta have an idea for a Khura'in witness- a fisherman! He'd fish in the pool of sounds,and his freak out would involve him catching a soul or two,or maybe even a whale or something.

Sligneris wrote:
I want Franziska's sister to serve prosecutor in one of the cases, with her daughter making an appearance as well. It's that one dangling thread from the old trilogy's von Karma storyline. Still, while it would tie into the original story, it probably rehash to much of it. It's important to keep it connected, but not to reuse the same old plot again.

If there is an old character that could be used again and still be kind of interesting, it is Franziska, imo. But seeing what they did to Maya in GS6 (aside from her appearance, she hasn't changed, basically), I hope they don't have this idea. It would probably be poorly executed.

-

I just realized that bringing Phoenix back was the worst mistake they have ever made. Now the storyline is basically "chained" to Phoenix. It can't exist without Phoenix and be consistent at the same time. GS5 could have been a sequel to AJ, like JFA was to GS1. Phoenix could keep his role as secondary character. Now this is impossible, and a consistent sequel to GS6 will have to be somewhat focused on Phoenix. I just wish GS could get rid of Phoenix lol. At least as a main character.
Page 1 of 4 [ 159 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps